• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    So vague, so mysterious...

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    I'm just going to guess it's time for sleep, then after that some heavy research in multiple cultures.
    When I meant for pirates, it would just be some sort of Back story but it does seem far fetched right now.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    I actually can't join this RP do to the fact that I joined another RP, that will be taking up my time. Sorry, but I did inform Specter that the RP is starting back up in case he wasn't getting alerts. :)

Irish

Thane of Solitude
    Count me in, fellas.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Alright, so, Cydonia 3.0.

Seeing as how it's only been 70 years after the End War, I really think it'd be fun and would make sense if instead of going with a more well-established and developed kingdom, I instead went with a much smaller tribe of people. Think of how Valora was going to be prior to me making the change to a kingdom based in Cyrodiil, except even smaller and less developed.

I'm imagining a group of tribalistic, nomadic people based in the West Weald that would draw influences from Sioux and Celtic culture, as well as a bit of Khan-era Mongolia. Essentially, they would have a strong warrior culture based around hunting. I'm thinking I want to make them horse archers, which would be fitting considering the geography and lanscape of the West Weald. For the most part, their people and culture would model traditional Colovian culture, however I'd like to incorporate some elements of early Nibenese culture as well, specifically the religious/spiritual beliefs and facial tattoos of the Nibenese. I'm playing around with the idea of having other tribes in Cyrodiil as well, which would war with my own tribe.

Don't have exact details worked out yet, but that's the gist of it.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Glad to see this is up again. I won't be joining up, but I'm still watching. Love your idea MSD

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Delusional

Alright MSD, so basically the state Skyrim is in, except with Cyrodillic tribes instead of Nordic tribes, and Cydonia instead of Valora? Interesting.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Alright MSD, so basically the state Skyrim is in, except with Cyrodillic tribes instead of Nordic tribes, and Cydonia instead of Valora? Interesting.

Similar, and yeah, the whole horse thing is a pretty obvious callback to Valora. But the similarities between this kingdom and Valora really end there.

Colonelscout312

The Descendant of Tiber Septim.
    I wish to join. I will post a cc soon, but to get a grasp of my writing for the type of roleplay, take a look at one of the other strategy roleplays I've been in, as my writing is vastly different when I write for this type of roleplay then a normal roleplay.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Colonelscout312

uploadfromtaptalk1405050262204.jpg

Sondheim

* Full Name: Sondheim
    * Capital City: Kalder
    * Symbol: An Irish Cross
    * Colors: White, Gold, Red and Blue
    * Population: 40,000
    * Religion: They worship one God, and believe that Tiber Septim was his son coming to save the world. They call they're God Jaweah and his son Talos.

History: Clan War-Blade are the true descendants of the rulers of Sondheim. They're rule began in the first war. Sondheim was originally two countries, one Sondheim, the other Yolheim. The two went to war five years after the great war, hence becoming the first war since the end war. The first War-Blade was Kalder War-Blade. He was a simple blacksmith who was drafted into the army. His skill in battle was unmatched, and as of such he quickly rose through the ranks. One year into the First War, the king of Sondheim was killed, with no family or heir to succeed him, he named Kalder king. Kalder quickly ended the war, making Yolheim part of Sondheim. He ruled for twenty years before being killed and his family driven into exile. The people who ruled Sondheim now we're the Scar-Bearers, the clan that had ruled Yolheim.
    The Scar-Bearers were followers of The Great Beast, a fallen warrior of Yawea, who had mustered his own army to defeat Yawea. There was not just a physical battle, but a spiritual one for the land of Sondheim as well. The Scar-Bearers were a terrible Nazi like kingdom. Nearly one hundred years later, Nomad was found by a wise prophet, or chosen as they are known in Sondheim, Named Runsultare. Nomad was a travelling Hunter then, who had lost his whole family. He would kill dangerous animals, and sell they're oddities to make money. With Runsultares help, He mustered up an army of rebels and attacked the rulers of Sondheim, and after three years of bloody and violent civil war, Nomad was named king.

Religion
    Sondheim follows a religion that was discovered in the aftermath of the end war. The king of Sondheim found an ancient writing that said that the world has been created in a week by one God named Jaweah. However Tamriel disobeyed him, and fell into chaos. War was everywhere. So Jaweah sent his son, Talos, to bring peace. As opposed to popular belief and most writings, this book told that Talos made the empire through peace before being put to death by his own people, who were afraid of his knowledge of the Dragon language. He returns three days later from the dead, hence paying the price for tamriels sin. This religion gave them commandments, which most of them have become the law if the land.
    1 ) You shall worship no other God but Jaweah. The punishment for this is no longer being allowed to be a citizen of Sondheim, though they are still allowed to go on with they're lives the way they have, but loose the few privileges allowed by being a citizen.
    2 ) You shall not use Jaweahs name in vain. This is more looked down upon, and not an actual law.
    3 ) Remember the Sabbath. This is more of a tradition, everyone will go to the temple to worship, and then return home to rest. Though work is still allowed on this day, most times people rest.
    4 ) Honor and Obey your parents. This isn't a law, but it is looked down upon if you don't.
    5 ) You shall not murder. This is one that most countries have, no need to explain it much.
    6 ) You shall not commit adultery. The price for adultery is jail. It is looked down upon quite a bit.
    7 ) You shall not steal. Again, most people have it, so do we.
    8 ) You shall not lie. This one is complicated. If it is a small lie, it is just more of a rebuking. But if it is a big one, that involves lots of deceit and harming, for instance in a business, you will be put in jail.
    9 ) You shall not covet. This one isn't noticed that much as coveting is normally more something that happens only in your brain.

Culture
    Sondheim has no aristocrats. Everyone is a farmer or blacksmith or trader. The closest to an aristocrat is the government, and most of them don't live in fancy houses. The culture is highly influenced by Sondheim's religion. They put Jaweah before everything.
    Sondheim's education is focused more about doing what you love, but things like math, history, and science are taught, it only enough to survive in the world. While there are public schools, they are in the minority. Most children are homeschooled by they're parents. Hence, the children have more time to do other things. You will constantly see people playing instruments in the streets, and pieces of art being shown.
    While Sondheim isn't at the forefront of scientific research, or economically the greatest country, they are one of the pioneers of military tactics and ideas. The people of Sondheim are very creative, and as such come up with strange but effective tactics and ways of doing things. For instance, the one scientific discovery they have made is gliders, the military is now incorporating a small glider force into they're forces, and might sell the materials and ideas to others. Most families will belong to a clan, of which several families are a part of. The head of the clan is usually whoever started the clan when he made a family, when he dies, the son's will decide amongst themselves who will take his place as the leader of the clan.

Military

Infantry:
    1st Spear Battalion (1,000)
    2nd (reserve) Spear Battalion (1,000)
    1st Blade Battalion (2,000)
    2nd (reserve) Blade Battalion (1,000)
    3rd (The kings) Blade Battalion (2,000)

Range Troops:
    1st Crossbow Legion (2,000)
    1st Bow Legion (2,000)
    2nd (reserve) Bow Legion (1,000)

Mages:
    Conjuration League (500)
    1st Destruction League (1,000)
    2nd (reserve) Destruction League (1,000)
    Restoration League (500)

Reserves (4,000)

Total: ~15,000

Navy
    Sondheim was never known for its naval power, but Nomad understands its importance, however he does not understand ships or naval warfare very well at all, and hopes he has organized they're small navy well. Alpha and Beta fleets are offensive fleets, that will be sent out in war, Delta and Epsilon fleets will remain at Sondheim to defend.

Alpha Fleet

5 man of war
    5 frigates
    5 brigs
    5 galeons

Beta Fleet
    5 Interceptors
    5 man of war
    5 Galeons
    5 Frigates

Delta Fleet
    2 brigs
    5 man of war
    5 galeons
    5 interceptors
    3 frigates

Epsilon Fleet
    2 brigs
    5 man of war
    5 galeons
    3 Interceptors
    5 frigates

Total: 100 ships, 40 reserve, 40 offensive.

Air force
    A small group of two thousand men make up this military idea that is still in testing.
    There are four groups of five hundred men that make up the air force.

Group 1: Dragon
    Group 2: Eagle
    Group 3: Hawk
    Group 4: Raven

Eastern skyrim and falkreath

Map
    uploadfromtaptalk1405050708032.jpg

Provinces

Tulrak is the capital province, it is a land of forests, though also cold, and swamplands can be found near the edge. It is the primary center for training of the military.

Zulath is the northernmost province. It is a cold and harsh land, which also is in charge of the naval units.

Gareth is the province where falkreath was. They are the ones who make most of the food and supplies for the military. While there are many other farms in the other provinces, Gareth is dedicated to solely that.

Haldor is the smallest province that lies in between Tulrak and Zulath. It is in charge of most scientific discoveries, and lies near the outlands, which makes it a prime target for the rebellion.

Cities
    Kalder
    The capital of Sondheim, and Tulrak, Sondheim is the center of everything that goes on in Sondheim, and is the largest city in Sondheim.

Rulvar
    The capital of Zulath, and the center of Sondheim's navy and naval trade, Zulath is built on the sea of beasts.

Carac
    Carac is the capital of Haldor, and is a city of scientific research, though not the greatest of science cities, it is the most advanced city in Sondheim.

Falkrem
    The capital of Gareth, Falkrem is a more primitive city, small compared to the others, but a lovely, quaint little sight.

Jarand
    The center of trade in Sondheim, Jarand is the one of the two cities in a province that aren't a capital. It is in Tulrak, and is full of traders, and some scams.

Karak
    The second city that isn't a capital, Karak is a city that is falling apart, full of thieves and murderers, Karak is the prime city for a criminal.

Factions
    There are two warring factions in Sondheim, the Kingdom of Sondheim, and The Remnant of Yolheim.

The Kingdom of Sondheim
    Led by the current leader, and sole member of, Clan War-Blade, The Kingdom of Sondheim is the more powerful of the two, though have the disadvantage of unknown supporters in they're ranks. It is a classic conflict of good vs evil, and The Kingdom are the good.

The Remnant of Yolheim
    Or simply, the rebellion, The Remnant of Yolheim consists of what is left of the old kingdom that was ended one month ago. Over that time they have been building they're forces, and have become stronger than anyone in The Kingdom knows. Led by Clan Scar-Bearer, Yolheim is true evil, and can never be allowed to reclaim Sondheim.

Important Figures

Sondheim

Rulers: The Clan War-Blade

King Nomad War-Blade, is the only true member of the family. He was a peasant for quite some time and tries to serve his people rather than himself. He is known for being a kind, just, and loyal king. He has no wife or child of his own conception. He is 25. He has long brown hair, sea blue eyes, and is a stout Nord, with some imperial in him. He has an athletic build, and tries to remain lighter and more agile. He is looking for a woman that he will love to bare him a son or daughter.

Other Important Figures of Sondheim

Sir Runsultare is an elf, and a chosen. He is the most skilled in the kingdom with magic. He is Nomad's oldest friend and is like a brother to him. He leads Sondheim's battlemages. He is 239 years old.

Sydia Lunor is a skilled cook, and makes the most delicious foods in the entire kingdom. (Including sweet roles.) She is a redguard and is 34.

Sir Richard of clan Scroll-Bearer, is a librarian who became a warrior. He is the kings steward. He also sorts the kings many books. He is a Breton and is 35.

Sarah Celorate, is the kings chief advisor. She is an imperial and advises him on many, many things.
    She is 32.

Gulrok Megahl, is an Orc, and the general of Nomad's army. He is a fierce warrior and is at the age of 40.

Lugot is a khajiit, and is the captain of a 'secret service' like force dedicated to protecting the King. He is 45.

Delrov is an argonian and is captain of the guard in the capital.
    He is 60.

The Remnant of Yolheim

Rulers: Clan Scar-Bearers

Belvor Scar-Bearer is the leader of the remnant, but is getting old and frail.

Gulvar Scar-Bearer is the son of Belvor, and a general in the army. He hopes to take the rule from his weak father soon.

Colonelscout312

Okay.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    So cult-like empire or an empire based on occult. Perhaps both.
    hmm would it work?

Delusional

Elaborate more. What sort of cult? How would the kingdom be built around this cult, or vice versa? What sort of defining characteristics would this cult have, and how would that impact the kingdom, its structure, and the people's beliefs? It could work, but you would definitely need to iron out some more unique and specific details relating to this cult and how the kingdom is affected by it.

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    The head of state, or so would be somewhat either a self proclaimed god, or acting as a vessel of a god.
    He uses this Religion to benefit him only. He rules over the kingdom, he does what ever and his Subjects won't question him.
    He would Basically Proclaim himself something Like Talos, Tiber Septim, or perhaps another God. He probably came from a small cult that he founded and those people basically worship him as that (false) god. He rose to power by lies and deceit only. He basically spread (false) good deeds that he has done, maybe getting his closest followers to basically act if they were bandits and raiders and he basically stops them or something. He wants everybody to see him as a god and hopes to rise to Godhood.
    Perhaps it's a self created religion that's directly based from him or I could go a little crazy in that area, All hail this holy Plank... Creator of all things... Maybe even the other Kingdoms don't take this seriously and the People Actually get mad at the other Kingdoms for taking their Plank as a Joke.

Occult, well I need to research it deeper.
    One thing I know how it can be tied to the Cult state is basically Divination, and he could somehow use this knowledge to have gotten a foothold in this place.
    This is all still in the Research department, and I mean everything.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Hmm, not sure how to feel about it yet. I suggest you make it fit in Tamriel and put it in a KC, then we'll see.

Delusional

Yeah, I'd say just develop it more, then build a kingdom around it, and preset the KC to us and we'll tell you what we think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toxius

Frost Wolf
    I'm sorry but I can't be apart of this right now.
    Things have come up, and I don't think I should apply to any more Rp's at this stage.
    Anyway, maybe when things get better I'll come back here and finally post my KC.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Well, sorry to hear that. We'll see how things work out though and maybe another time will work out. For now, best of luck in your other endeavors.