A few questions for a beginner

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wraypau

first post, so go easy on me guys. I have a few newbie questions for you. Havent played games since Dark Reign for the PC.

If you dont have any kind of special enhancing gear on, how much Health, Magic, and Stamina can you posses? I know you start out with 100 of each, and that special items can increase this, but what is the max to top out at?

whenever you level up, you get the option to upgrade one of the main three, Health, Magic, Stamina. If you do multiple level ups before choosing a perk, like say you do the blind guy and sneak trick, to level sneak up to 100. Naturally you will level up multiple times getting multiple perks. Lets just say you get 8 perks in doing this trick, Do you get 8 chances to upgrade one of the main 3 (Health, Magic, Stamina) also, or do you only get one of them?

Gandalf The Boss

Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth
There is no max and Yes on all the other counts.

Metallipath

Premium Member
If you level up multiple times before entering the level up menu you will be forced to choose your magicka/health/stamina boosts before being allowed to allot perks. Naturally you will have to choose the same amount of stat boosts as the number of times you leveled up.

Khazrihl

I think these other guys nailed it but I'll post just to make sure.

1 Level Up:
1 Increase in either Magicka, Health, or Stamina
AND
1 Perk point to be spent (or saved for later)

When you enter the level up screen BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE, you will have to make the stat increase, up to however many times you leveled. (In this example you said you leveled 8 times, that would be 8 increases.)

Then you would have 8 perk points.

Metallipath

Premium Member
I think these other guys nailed it but I'll post just to make sure.

1 Level Up:
1 Increase in either Magicka, Health, or Stamina
AND
1 Perk point to be spent (or saved for later)

When you enter the level up screen BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE, you will have to make the stat increase, up to however many times you leveled. (In this example you said you leveled 8 times, that would be 8 increases.)

Then you would have 8 perk points.

Thanks for organizing that in a better way than I did. For some reason I was having trouble forming a sentence when I answered the question.

Wraypau

Thanks for the quick answer. i got another question now, What level is your current Health, Magic, and Stamina?

How many level ups are there in the game? Is it infinite? or once everything is 100 you max out?

Flamingtaco

Thanks for the quick answer. i got another question now, What level is your current Health, Magic, and Stamina?

How many level ups are there in the game? Is it infinite? or once everything is 100 you max out?
You start out at 100 for the attributes. The soft level cap is 50. If you really try hard you can probably get to like 70. Higher than that you probably have to use cheats/hacks

Khazrihl

You start out at 100 for the attributes. The soft level cap is 50. If you really try hard you can probably get to like 70. Higher than that you probably have to use cheats/hacks

According to our PC users, using console commands, the mathematical cap (When ALL skills are 100) is like 80 or 81. However, things slow down to a crawl at level 50 (Bethesda soft cap), I've had about three true characters (that I played for more than 30 hours apiece) and I usually got to 38-40ish before I rerolled, and things were pretty slow at that point. But it really all depends on your playstyle and the skills you are using.

Metallipath

Premium Member
I made a character to test the Oghma Infinium glitch to get all stats to 100 (Which is a terribly boring thing to do by the way). I was level 81 when all stats were maxed.

Metallipath

Premium Member
I think it's a pretty universally accepted fact that you are at 100% character progression when you reach lvl 81. And yea definitely don't ruin this game for yourself but "powerleveling". Enjoy the growth and maturation of your character.

I just wanted to test 100 smithing, enchanting, alchemy with the armour and weapon skills to match. It was very pointless. You're very correct about people enjoying the character development, you can really roleplay and come up with wildy interesting combat and skill progression techniques.

PureHemp

would be a good idea to mix a warrior and mage ? like sword in one hand and magicka in the other i saw i lot videos of people doin this but i was just wondering cuz when u are a worrior u gotta up into stamina and health so then what about mage warrior ?(first time in forum i know its sounds kinda newbie --')

Gandalf The Boss

That is called a Battlemage. And if you know it well it can be very rewarding.

That is called a Battlemage. And if you know it well it can be very rewarding.

Personally, I was a bit disappointed with battlemages in Skyrim. It feels that you don't get to experience neither the best part of fighting (one handed no block is a bit lackluster compared to sword&board, dual wielding on 2-handed) nor the best part of magic (dual casting and master spell). The character just felt rather repetitive. If you don't mind that though it is no doubt a strong character.

@PureHemp: I did Health and Magica, and relied on that Restoration perk that allows healing spells to restore Stamina too.

Gandalf The Boss

Well that is true that you can't take the advantage of ether Magic or Melee. But there is still many ways for a Battlemage to become even more powerful than a regular mage of warrior. I use Ward for defense and when I am in a tight spot I use Bound Weapons and Protective spells like Dragonhide or Ebonyflesh.

Well that is true that you can't take the advantage of ether Magic or Melee. But there is still many ways for a Battlemage to become even more powerful than a regular mage of warrior. I use Ward for defense and when I am in a tight spot I use Bound Weapons and Protective spells like Dragonhide or Ebonyflesh.

I never said it wasn't powerful. I leveled one to 25 or so before dropping it in favor of my current sword&board orc and it still had a much easier time against dragons and spellcasters and also in prolonged battles(due to wards, healing and better ranged options overall) despite the orc being somewhat powerleveld (100 smithing and fully upgraded Dragonplate/Daedric at level 26; no enchantments yet though).

I do feel that it was less fun than what I tried afterward (sword and board and pure mage) because all I could do was single cast spells and plain sword swings.

PS: Never tried bound weapons, are they better than normal weapons that you could smith?

Gandalf The Boss

Meh Bound weapons are more like Emergency Backup.