A different kind of battlemage, what do you think?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm almost done with my current character (sword&board orc warrior), and I'm thinking of trying something a bit different for the next one:

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#21707

The idea is to summon a couple of helpers pre combat, then wade into melee with heavy armor and warhammer(end goal being either Volendrung or Daedric Warhammer with Absorb Stamina), then switch to a dual-cast healing spell when need arises.

Also, I'm thinking to advance health/magicka 2/1

What do you think? Is it any good?

As for race, I'm thinking Redguard for 2 reasons:
-none of the other races get too many bonuses to the skills I need
-Adrenaline rush might help with stamina problems, especially until I get a good Absorb Stamina enchantment on weapon

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Sounds like it would be a pretty effective build. I'd reccomend advancing your stamina a little as well (perhaps Health/Magicka/Stamina 2/1/1) as a medium-sized stamina pool is helpful for 2h power attacks. You can probably enchant that up, though.

You don't seem to have picked a ranged skill (destruction / archery), so you might have trouble bringing down Dragons. Your Atronachs would help there, but it wouldn't be foolproof.

For further perk progression, you may want to look at some magic resistance in the Alteration tree, some magicka regen in the Resto tree, and either Archery or Destruction.

ATM on my warrior(at level 43) I'm using a mage follower (Marcurio) and some archery (40ish skill level but no perks) and I'm not facing any significant problems. I figure between some atronachs, some ranged/mage follower and some archery it should be even easier.

As for further development, I was thinking of picking up magicka regen from restoration and then some more heavy armor perks.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Ah, fair point - if your followers are filling the gap too, you should be fine.

Kind of Hazy

I am in the middle of this build right now, well close. Lvl 39 summoner - sword and board, but with elementals backing me up. Cast a few elementals and charge in swinging. Very similar to what you are making. Very fun build and I am enjoying it immensely.

I have completed my points in 1 handed already, and am about start up enchanting/alchemy/block. There is no need for followers, as your summons will take up the need. I would not waste points in zombies, difficult to find bodies and are pretty weak once you do. Also once you get your bound battle ax, use that until you can get up to ebony. More powerful than anything you will find and also give you conjuring AND 2 handed skill points.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#17521

Jaeger

Sounds like it would be a pretty effective build. I'd reccomend advancing your stamina a little as well (perhaps Health/Magicka/Stamina 2/1/1) as a medium-sized stamina pool is helpful for 2h power attacks. You can probably enchant that up, though.

You don't seem to have picked a ranged skill (destruction / archery), so you might have trouble bringing down Dragons. Your Atronachs would help there, but it wouldn't be foolproof.

For further perk progression, you may want to look at some magic resistance in the Alteration tree, some magicka regen in the Resto tree, and either Archery or Destruction.

Heal others spell on the atronachs (and if you had perks in healing...) If it's a fire breathing dragon summon the fire one... Etc. Have your most powerful armor spell on, heal others w stamina boost (my follower finding all that stamina recharge, power attacks their asses off.

OP could also Dead Thrall a couple of people. Give them summoning staves and Destructive staffs. That's four in combat. Follower makes 5. Shadowmere fits perfectly with a necromancer - that's six. Then, there's the dog. And then there that trick with the two blades.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts