• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

solace84

God of the Arena
    *18+ due to language, graphic violence, and sexual themes.*
    OOC thread here: http://skyrimforum.com/threads/7-ronin.22722/

the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_conceptart_vAuLk.jpg

Years after the fall of the Dragonborn, the lands are in despair. The wars are over and a stale peace separates everything, at least for the moment. The Nords rule Skyrim but don't seem to have control over it, as there are no rules or laws to abide by. The once honorable warriors, professional assassins, talented mercenaries, and other skilled fighters of the northern lands have all lost their true calling in life. Those that were once everywhere years before suddenly became un-needed. They were drifters, outcasts...Ronin.

Civilization picked up in the cities, and as they grew larger they didn't need warriors any longer. Those that wished to fight and die by the sword either joined the Imperial army, or the Resistance that hides in secret just outside of the Emperor's grasp.

A great evil forms in Falkreath, and the people there are suffering. The threat is so dire that the Imperials have left the land alone, to be fated by the Gods. A horror looms in those woods, a legendary force that is known to devour any in its' path.

A man escapes from the woods of Falkreath and travels to the eastern city of Riften, a ragged place for low lives and the homeless. Though, the man knows that old warriors make their stay here, and so he enters the tavern looking for one of these Ronin...

solace84

God of the Arena
    1137SolitudeStreetScene.jpg

Dalious felt his face smack against the cold, damp brick flooring of the Ragged Flagon tavern. It was a sharp pain, but he regained his senses quickly. He pushed off the ground and turned to a rather large Orc, an ugly mean fellow with scars along one side of his face. There was a circle of locals surrounding the two fighters, cheering and screaming wildly.

"This is the once famous Champion of the arena!?" the Orc spat. "Ha! A joke!"

"Yeah well you're ugly," Dalious said, struggling to stand straight. "And you punch like a mudcrab!"

"Ha! Just an old drunk now."

The Orc charged in, confident in finishing the fight. Dalious moved slightly out of the way while implanting a hard right fist into the oncoming attacker's jaw, dropping him in a slump upon the floor.

"An old...slightly richer, drunk."

The Imperial took his coin purse and headed out of the Ratway, and he quickly realized that he picked up a tail. A small man, cloaked in a brown hood. Dalious walked around to the side of the Bee and Barb tavern and, as the man passed, he reached out and put a steel dagger to his throat.

"Why do you follow me?" Dalious asked. "Speak! Prey your words have meaning."

"I meant no threat!" yelped the accused. He was a young man, Breton by the look of him. His skinny frame began to shake in fear. "I've heard stories about you when I was a boy, about your battles in the arena games."

"You still look a boy to me."

"My name is Bernen," he said. "I come all the way from Falkreath, and we need a savior! An evil horde has taken home in those woods! Demons! They've trapped my people there, I barely managed to escape with my life! I promised to return with help, please Dalious can you help us?"

He sheathed his weapon and folded his arms, slightly laughing a bit. It had been a long time since he had been hired.

"My price is 700 septims," Dalious informed.

"...I...I have little to give," Bernen started. Dalious sighed and began to walk away, while Bernen followed suit.
    "...wh-whatever we have in the village, it's yours! Anything. We...we don't have coin...we have barley fields! and corn! Uhh..."

"Barley fields are tempting, but I have ale here," Dalious said and pointed across the way to the Black-Briar Brewery. "Besides, even if I agreed you expect one man to take on a...what was it? A horde?"

Dalious opened the doors to the Bee and Barb Inn and entered. It was slightly crowded and noisey, as he made his way to the bar and ordered a whiskey. Bernen moved through the crowd and sat in the stool beside him.

"Please, they will all die if no one helps them!" Bernen continued to plead.

Dalious rolled his eyes and took his glass of whiskey in one gulp. He shook his head, then ordered another.

"Not my problem, why don't you go to the Imperial army?"

"They've abandoned Falkreath, they will not help I know," Bernen informed. "We need warriors like you. Please! The people there aren't fighters, most of them have never even touched a blade's hilt. Please!"

"No coin, no thanks," Dalious said and turned to his drink, hoping the boy would leave him alone.

Bernen turned from the bar, his head hung low. He then started to walk out.

faelunae

warrior princess
    Mercenary work had been increasingly slow to the point where it finally came to a standstill. That being Ardenelle’s profession, she reluctantly had to choose a second occupation in order to make an income. A girl had to eat after all. Her first choice was to clear out a bandit camp and squat in their hideout until she ran the supplies dry before selling the spoils she’d gathered to the local shopkeepers in town. Then she would move on to the next location.

But Ardenelle never made it to the second camp. After trying to sell a heavy haul of ingots at the shop and smithy in Whiterun, Adrianne Avenicci, a tough but sweet little old Imperial lady, had taken a liking to her. It was her suggestion that Ardenelle use those ingots instead of selling him and try her hand at smithing. Adrianne took Ardenelle her under her wing as an apprentice.

That wasn’t to say that Ardenelle was a particularly good blacksmith. Her hands, while lofty with a sword during battle, fumbled while trying to hold one against a Grindstone. Her first creation, a silver ring, was shaped like an oval, unable to slip on any finger. Despite it’s flaws, she wore it proudly around her neck--a symbol to remind her of her humble beginnings.

At her old age though there was only so much that Adrianne could teach her.

“Go to Riften,” the old woman said, coughing from the smoke that rose from the forge fires. “Seek out Asbjorn Fire-Tamer, son of Balimund, of The Scorched Hammer. He will teach you more.”

Ardenelle was no stranger to Riften. Having been there once before it’d certainly make an impression. Riften was a beautiful city filled with crime and corruption. It was also notorious for being home to the Thieves Guild, a faction she’d debated joining once or twice but ultimately decided against when initiation forced her to pickpocket an unsuspecting fishermen.

And that is how she found herself back in this gorgeous, yet deplorable city.

Arriving at dusk after a fortnight’s journey, Ardenelle immediately made her way to The Scorched Hammer only to find the place closed for the evening. Exhausted and wary from traveling, she made her way to The Bee and Barb, renting a room for the evening.

The woman sat at a table drinking mead, a nasty drink really and she didn’t know why she drank it herself, when her ears caught wind of a wandering conversation.

Setting her drink down on the table, she crossed her arms and leaned back in her chair. Lifting a hand, Ardenelle tucked a loose strand of dark hair behind her ear in order to listen. A man was profusely begging another for help. It didn’t sound like the one man had any money which waned her interest slightly, but his persistence was impressive. After a moment she could begin to feel her own heart tug at his plight.

Watching as the man finally gave up, Ardenelle decided to take action. Taking a stand she strode over to the man with a confidant step. “I could not help but over hear,” she started, her eyes shifting to the man who had denied him. “I would be willing to help if you wish.”

solace84

God of the Arena
    Bernen's eyes brightened and a smile spread across his face.

"Yes, yes, thank you..." he began to praise the woman. "I can not thank you enough!"

Dalious heard the woman from his side and gave her a glance, though in the crowd and with the dark lighting in the tavern his vision was slightly blurred. He chuckled at the thought of a woman taking his place.

"From warrior to housewife..." he muttered under his breath, taking a sip of his drink. The villager must have been truly desperate. He turned, taking in a full glance at the woman, and immediately was attracted. Surely, she couldn't be a warrior such as himself. Willing to fight a lost cause for nothing? He had to admire her bravery, and thus changed his mind on the matter. "Fields of barley, you say? I suppose that's enough."

Dalious stood and approached the woman, bowing. "Dalious Durendail, I shall accompany you on this quest, my lady."

Bernen gave Dalious an odd look, but was relieved by the news. He nodded and agreed.

"Though, a warrior and a lovely lady are no match for these..."

"...demons," Bernen added.

"Right...demons," Dalious said, and couldn't help but laugh slightly again. "We need to find more of our kind, even the odds. Perhaps...seven would suffice. Keep an open eye for Ronin, they can usually be spotted quite easily in towns...if they choose to be seen."

Bernen nodded. "I will see what else I can find, bless you both!"

Dalious then turned back to the lady and offered a drink.

faelunae

warrior princess
    The man’s bright eyes and wide smile was reminiscent to that of a child’s. His joy was contagious and Ardenelle laughed jovially, beaming that she could be the one to lift his spirits after the other man had put a damper on his mood. This was what being a Mercenary was about--helping people. Of course the rewards were nice too when applicable, but even so she realized in the midst of his incessant praises how much she’d missed the feeling of being needed.

“There’s really no need for any of that,” she informed him. “Anyone decent enough would do the same.”

Just as she was about to question the man for more details, the one he’d been speaking with earlier approached them with a sudden change of heart. Suspicious of his intentions while under the impression he was only there trying to steal her thunder, Ardenelle narrowed her eyes and remained silent as he invited himself along.

“Ardenelle,” she responded curtly, introducing herself after he’d done so only out of an obligation to be courteous. The Imperial woman made it a point to state what she wished to be called rather than the entirety of her name. As small and insignificant as it was, she felt satisfied and contented with having done it.

Through Dalious’ attempts in flattery, Ardenelle obtained more information than what she’d had previously. From the bits and pieces she’d acquired between eavesdropping and now, it had something to do with demons in Falkreath. This was all she knew.

Politely refusing Dalious‘ offer, Ardenelle decided to cease in drinking alcohol for the rest of the evening in order to be in peak physical condition.

“But I do wonder, Dalious Durendial,” she began, using his full name in a passive aggressive attempt, “what changed your mind when you seemed so adamant before in your refusal?” Shifting her dark almond shaped eyes towards him curiously, she asked, “Were the fields of barley simply too enticing to pass?”

solace84

God of the Arena
    "Perhaps," he replied. "Or perhaps I just want to enjoy the scenery along the way."

His eyes gazed down toward her breasts and a smirk sprawled upon his face. He took a step backward to recieve a full view, while accidentally bumping the table behind him and spilling a patron's ale all over the place. It splashed over everyone among the table, as they quickly pushed away in disgust.

A brownish Argonian hissed at Dalious, and immediately a group of his fellows banded behind him. They all had smug looks on their faces. The Argonian cracked his neck and then knuckles, one hand after the other. There were at least eight that Dalious could count, but the bar was so crowded he couldn't tell if there were more. A circle formed as people backed up, watching on.

"Excuse me...my scaly friend..." Dalious said. "I've had my fill of fights this day, what say we pardon the mistake and enjoy our evenings? Ale, on me!"

He threw his winnings purse to the barkeep, and the crowd of people cheered. All he ever spent his coin on these days was mead anyway. The Argonian nodded and went back to his table, snickering along the way. Dalious turned back to Ardenelle.

"If I'm to go out and fight a horde of demons, I'm going to need to get drunker than Oblivion tonight! Here here, to the Dragonborn!!"

He chugged his drink.

faelunae

warrior princess
    Oblivious to the innuendo at first, when Ardenelle’s gaze followed Dalious’ down to her bosom she had the mind to brandish her sword right there in The Bee and Barb. “You should not leer so noticeably,” she warned with no amusement before adding, “For your own safety.”

While she had been referring to herself, Dalious seemed to be making more enemies rather quickly. Not being her battle, nor wanting to be involved in Dalious’ mess, Ardenelle took a large step back to distance herself from the man as the Argonian‘s gathered. Though leaving him to his own devices, she still found herself inside the circle that the bar patrons had formed in order to watch.

Surprisingly, no fight erupted. After seeing his method of diffusing the situation, Ardenelle couldn’t resist musing condescendingly in somewhat of a monotone, “The drunk knows how to keep the drunkards happy.”

The woman leaned leisurely against the bar, her arm resting on the top with her wrist limply dangling over the edge so her hand hung in the air. Her other hand rested on her hip. With the way he downed his drink, Ardenelle had a hard time believing this man was a respectable warrior. In her mind all she could see was a drunk. A drunk with a sword.

“Pray tell that I have this right,“ she said, exasperation becoming evident in her voice. “You refuse the man’s request for lack of coin and yet frivolously spend what you have on mead for undeserving strangers.” With genuine curiosity, she asked, “Why did he choose you?”

Parven

Harbinger of Nocturnal
    Shortly after asking the question there was a crashing sound as a cloaked man ran in through the front door. He came to a quick stop his feline eyes darting around the room.

"We'll I did not expect the bee and the barb to be open after all these years" exclaimed Parven. He himself preferred to be in amongst his own kind in the ragged flagon. Before long two burly thugs burst in and spot Parven amongst the crowd which was not hard being the only one dressed in a full set of black leather armour. Parven ran towards the first with surprising speed he kept over the man landed behind him, with blinding speed his sword was in hand and protruding through the man's chest. Unfortunately the other had closed in on Parven. With axe in hand the man swung at Parven who jumped above the blade of the axe and forced his sword through the skull of the axe wielding thug.

"Sorry barkeep I will get this cleaned up" Parven said with an apologetic tone he grabbed the bodies and through them into the canals for the slaughter fish to clean up. He sheathed his sword and took a seat in the darkest corner in the tavern he ordered a fine Elven wine he looked to the crowd.

"Now you didn't see anything did you ?" Parven asked Parven drawing his dagger part ways out to reflect the light from its blade.

solace84

God of the Arena
    "He chose me because I am the once former Cham...." Dalious started, getting cut off by a khajiit entering the tavern.

Soon after two others tried to kill the cat, though he struck them down first with great agility. Before long, the khajiit was dragging the two bodies out of the tavern to dispose of them at the city docks. No one really was too surprised by this, as death was a common occurance in Skyrim. Dalious took a sip of his whiskey before looking at Ardenelle and seeing what her face thought of the act.

Bernen entered again as well, as the khajiit came back in and slumped to a corner and ordered a drink. He ran over to Ardenelle and Dalious, excited yet cautious in his words.

"That khajiit," he said. "He just dumped two bodies in the docks..."

"...better than dumping them in the mead..."

"He is Ronin, no?"

"Perhaps," Dalious replied. "Go see if he would join your cause. Maybe you can pay him in yarn."

The Imperial couldn't help but to laugh at his own comments, looking to Ardenelle to share in the laugh, though she just seemed cold and silent. He stopped his smirking and stayed to silence, while Bernen went over to the khajiit.

"I am looking for warriors to help with a quest," Bernen said, approaching the feline. "You seem capable enough, though I have little to give in payment. There is a dark threat in Falkreath, I will fill you in further if you so wish..."

Dalious rolled his eyes at Bernen, laughing a bit.

"The poor boy thinks he can create an army of Ronin overnight..."

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    The two figures walked through the darkness not able to see each other perfectly yet perfectly in synch, Hlíf’Ulfr confident walk matching perfectly the pace of Brynn’s swaying gait as the pair began to near Riften. Along with a few of their belongings their packs were filled to the brim with pelts, the reason for which they came from within the wilderness that was their home to the walls and buildings that made up the city. The two might have called themselves hunters but at heart and in all truth they were warriors. It was not the twin blades on Brynn’s hips or the shield and sword that were strapped to Hlíf’Ullfr’s back that made them warriors, nor the heavy armor that Brynn donned proudly or lay in Hlíf’Ulfr’s bags but their spirits, through them ran the blood of honor and battle as well as for Brynn the blood of the beast. Both knew and had followed their true callings at any chance they found but it was times like these that did not favour blood like theirs and so Hlíf’Ulfr having accepted this had turned to the life of a hunter welcoming Brynn alongside him when she so chose.

As the glowing of torches began to find its way to Hlíf’Ulfr through the trees his eyes began to wander to his companion. It was almost hard for him to see Brynn as less than four separate beings. Although when it suited her she was blatantly honest she was sweet, kind, and caring. She had a wise, soft, smoothing, calming way of speaking that seemed to call you to listen and a patience that seemed to give her at times a far of sense as though she had limitless years to wait this carried over to the fashion in which she listened as well. Perhaps it was that Hlíf’Ulfr was allowed into her inner world but this made her other sides seem such drastic changes. It was the precision perhaps that she carried out all she did with that when in battle changed from driven to brutal that shook him so. It was as if she was dancing as she systematically attacked and slew her enemies. Although with no lack of honour she lacked much of the mercy that she carried through her everyday life for those that in her eyes had done wrong. It was frightening and beautiful all at the same time. These were two of the Brynn’s he saw both residing in one body.

Hlíf,” A voice cut off his thoughts “Must we enter the city, I’m sure there’s a caravan that would pay a fair price for our pelts. You know how I hate the city.

Brynn had stopped and so then had he. She looked up at him with her blue eyes pleading, it was that one eye that had changed from the normal blue to a lightened blue that worried him and that almost made him give into her plea. He could tell by this that the blood of the beast raged stronger inside her and that Hircine was calling her to hunt, but then again he trusted Brynn and knew she had more than enough control over her bestial form.

we will not turn back now” He started with an understanding tone “ we must all face things we don’t enjoy. Just try and remember the city as it once was. Remember how you used to enjoy it? Besides look we are but a few steps from the road and ahead again look we are but less than a minutes’ walk to the gates.

He understood her dislike of the city. She enjoyed the quiet and nature but even more so she understood what the growing city stood for and what it had once been. Brynn’s sigh and look of sadness made Hlíf’Ulfr’s heart sink slightly but even so he knew that the pair must go. He began to walk and accepting Hlíf’Ulfr’s decision Brynn followed slightly behind him. Upon entering the city the feeling that both were at ease vanished replaced by a vigilant caution.

Look,” Hlíf’Ulfr started “Once we reach the Bee and Bard we can get a room and drop our things and I think then due to how I am almost certain you’ll be refusing the ale, perhaps they’ll have those Honey Nut Treats?

Brynn’s interest was peaked although she did not give any obvious displays of this she knew Hlíf’Ulfr could tell. They were nearing the Inn and soon were at the door, the sounds and to Brynn the smells of all the folk and drinking was overpowering. She turned to Hlíf’Ulfr about to plead again for them to return to his cabin far out in the woods but was cut off.

Brynn,” Hlíf’Ulfr sighed looking down at her almost sheepishly and ashamed “Would you mind changing into something else but that… armor. Most folk aren’t going to be dressed for war and well…”

Brynn knew this would be on his mind, but not for that they wouldn’t blend in it was that her armor was not the most modest of the lot. She wore it as it have both protection and mobility as well as that she believed that wearing armor similar to her ancestors maybe brought her closer to them in a sense.

“You rather I not be wearing this and I’d rather be trading our pelts to a caravan and avoiding this place, we are balanced in unhappiness now I think.” Brynn said calmly. It was unlike them to disagree but it was something about this place that set them on edge. Brynn knew that Hlíf’Ulfr had her best interest at heart and that it was from experience that he wished to take extra care to avoid the unwanted attention Brynn had previously received in this very Inn.

Come my kindred soul,” Brynn said pushing open the door “a bed awaits us.

The two upon entering found their way immediately to pay for board and once done found a seat from which they casually whispered conversation while observing the room. Brynn looked with sadden eyed and wondered how one could live such a life, devoid of excitement and new experiences, it seemed that within these city walls there was no room for a spirit to grow. She leaned back putting her hand habitually on the pommel of one of her Skyforge Blades wanting for the time when she could return to the woods. Her feral form called to her, her one eye reaching the colour of icy blue.

Parven

Harbinger of Nocturnal
    "so you be looking for some aid kid" says Parven almost amused at the guesture "well then what would be in this for me and may i ask where iwill be travelling"

Parven surveys the room before removing his hood and mask and revealing his maroon fur. He takes a druaght of his elven wine Parven points across the room to the new comers
    "ask them they look fresh from the hunt they may be of more use to you then me" explains Parven jokingly

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Out of the corner of Brynn’s eye she had seen an odd maroon faced man pointing their way. A Khajiit thought Brynn as she turned her head slightly and with a slight tilting of her head she smiled acknowledging that she had seen the Khajiit point. Such unusual colour of fur she observed How interesting. She had always though just that of all Khajiits that they were indeed interesting also she greatly enjoyed their soothing voice and what’s more the way that some of the Khajiit spoke. She knew that not everyone had this same fashion of speaking but never the less she enjoyed hearing them speak. Brynn then turned her head back towards Hlíf’Ulfr but tuned her honed hearing in onto the Khajiit’s conversation.

Hlíf’Ulfr had been oblivious to the reason for Brynn’s slight distraction as he had leaned back with his arms crossed and eyes contently closed listening to Brynn with an equal content smile on his lips. He had been listening intently when Brynn began to fade off and soon after stopped talking all together. He waited for her to what he assumed was to pick back up her thoughts but once he sensed her attention distracted he opened his eyes to see the cause. He saw her facing him and yet her eyes seemed to be distant. Having leaned forward with his forearms on the table he searched the room with a smile on his face, there were many interesting people but the one who stood out, that one that Brynn would most likely have been distracted by and this was the Khajiit. Of Course he though almost chuckling. Then shaking his head and smiling he looked back at Brynn who by now was looking at him with her contrasting eyes quite fixedly. He smiled a bigger grin and leaned back once more just enjoying her company.

Akhkharus

The night sky lit up as the moon glowed in the presence of the stars and cloud, like a dark room being grazed with light by a long candle in a corner. Such things are best enjoyed with a company or two.

"Oy lads, Silvers here is bein' se'timental again!" said a rather large Nord, followed by a booming laughter from the three he is accompanied with, including Diores. "Lass, why don't you keep pretty face here accompanied. For the whole night, even; we're nearing Riften." said the suspicious looking Redguard, and without a second thought did the Imperial woman approached him, locking her arms on his and pressing herself close. It would have been a pleasant feeling if it weren't for the cold iron plate that sits over her chest. "What do you say, Silvers? We might even go for two nights." The thought of spending a night with a woman is surely something enjoyed during a time of peace, even if it is an imagined.

"If that is what you wish, milady, then I would happily oblige." he said, turning his attention to the woman, looking into her wild green eyes. She could have been a pleasant keep if it weren't for her grim warpaint of half a skull on half of her face and the more frightening warhammer she carries around. "You hear that lads? He called me his lady! I'll probably even cook for him later and go for a THIRD night." The group laughed once more, their jovial sounds echoing through the trees. By the gods she's serious, talk about a grand venture with a grander reward.

Not long did they enter Riften, haven for free people such as Diores. They made quick for the tavern, eager to rest their joints over warm beds, after a mug or two of cold ale of course. The group settled themselves on a free table in a corner, relieving themselves of their baggage that is mostly loot. Each of them rummaged through to fish out every single coin they got. The table ringed with the clinking of gold, and immediately did the four looked around with sharp eyes, in instinct, looking over the crowd of interested people. There were none, or at least none at the moment. "Bar maiden! Four mugs of ale over here and leave four more bottles of it!" Soon after the request, refreshments arrived before them, each of them grabbing a mug and chugging down their drink.

Parven

Harbinger of Nocturnal
    Parven catches Brynn's gaze and gives her a quick wink before pulling his hood up and approaches Brynn and her friend "So how was the hunt" asks Parven giving a quick smile recognising the smell of blood emanating from them.

"you should have invited me" smiles parven pulling out one of his forked arrows. he bumps into Hlíf’Ulfr and tires to lift his coin pouch. Then continues to walk away looking back at Brynn at smiles again.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Brynn smiled slightly raising one of her eyebrows with an almost humored expression on her face as the Khajiit winked at her. Still watching him this way she watched as he covered himself in his hood once more and began to stride towards her and Hlíf’Ulfr. Hlíf’Ulfr sat and watched not the nearing man but Brynn herself, he knew that although her outward appearance seemed relax and welcoming her inner thoughts were mixed with caution. He himself showed more outwardly this caution watching the Khajiit carefully his arms crossed once again.

So how was the hunt” The Khajiit questioned the two or as Hlíf’Ulfr could imagine more so Brynn.

He could tell that by mention on the hunt Brynn would be pleased and he was immediately confirmed in his opinion as a wide grin spread across Brynn’s face as looked back at him. Before ether had the chance to reply the stranger pulled out a forked arrow and began again his speech.
    "You should have invited me"

Something about him seemed off and narrowing his eyes Hlíf kept a close watch on the Khajiit. He could see that Brynn shared his position as something behind her smile was strained. Hlíf was confirmed by the fact that Brynn carried no coin on her and there was no way that any skilled hand or paw in this matter could lift his. This however did not stop the sneak thief from trying. In an obvious attempt to steal his coin the Thief bumped into Hlíf’Ulfr luckily his attempt was not fruitful. Hlíf watched with a smirk on his face as the Khajiit left but Brynn looked enraged. She no longer felt the need to hide her emotions as the Khajiit turned to smile at Brynn she gave something akin to what would have been s snarling looking directed at him before turning with stormy eyes again to look at Hlíf’Ulfr.

Hlíf gave her an apologetic smile, he knew her mind was swirling with thoughts of running out of this place, this city, ripping her armor from her skin and joining the bestial hunt. As he watched her he could hear a rowdy group entering and finding their place among the rest of the occupants of the inn. They should be interesting he thought although whether sarcastically or not even he was unsure.Then cutting through his thoughts a loud summon for the Bar maiden erupted from their table;

"Bar maiden! Four mugs of ale over here and leave four more bottles of it!"

Hlíf’Ulfr waited a moment for Brynn to relax slightly and then diverted his attention to this group that he now saw were sitting not far from them. In reaction to their boisterous call for ale he looked over with an amused look plastered on his face. He caught the eye of the redguard man and lifting his own cup he dipped his head slightly as if in toast. Brynn who had been watching Hlíf turned her brilliant gaze towards the others and in greeting dipped her head as well and gave them a sweet smile.

(OOC: I didn’t use your characters, or supporting characters speech colour as White is Hlíf’s and that would have been a wee bit confusing :p)

solace84

God of the Arena
    Dalious retreated to the room upstairs, where he settled by a fireplace and sat in a comfortable chair, drinking his whiskey. Ardenelle had left him, probably to her room, and the kid Bernen was downstairs amongst the drunks trying to find true Ronin for his journey.

He had told the boy to bring true warriors up to him, and he would test them in their skills. Paying a local drunk Argonian adventurer named Jar Hoo, he waited in silence. The argonian stood by the staircase holding a long stick.

Suddenly, Bernen came running up the stairs and the Argonian almost wacked him in the head.

"Watch it fool!" Bernen yelled. "I have found one, he comes now!"

Dalious nodded to the Argonian, who raised the stick high and readied himself. As the Ronin came up, the Argonian was in charge of hitting him in the head. If he actually did hit whoever in the head, then they were by no means a Ronin.

A drunken dark elf stumbled up the steps, and when he reached the top he was smacked hard in the face by the Argonian's stick and fell to the bottom of the steps in pain.

"Ahhh, who did that!?" he screamed.

Making his way back upstairs he tried to kill the Argonian, though Dalious' presence stopped him for he knew the Imperial.

"You are no Ronin and should not pretend to be so," Dalious said. "Bernen, find a true Ronin...this one lies."

"I am too a Ronin!!" pleaded the elf. "You don't know what you're talking about!"

The elf huffed, then left back to the bar downstairs. Bernen sighed, then went back to find more.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Brynn heard a shout coming from the stairs, her fine hearing allowing her to hear to listen more closely to what was going on. It seemed the individual who had cried out had undergone some sort of test and evidently he had failed. There were two men, or it seemed man and boy along with the drunkard, she could hear the ale or mead in his voice. It was the words that the older sounding voice spoke that had her intrigued.

"You are no Ronin and should not pretend to be so,"the man said."Bernen, find a true Ronin...this one lies."
    Ronin, they needed fighters. She could listen without action no longer. Brynn rose from her seat, grabbed her pack, and bade Hlíf’Ulfr to follow.

Come,” she said as she began to walk off “I feel that our presence is needed somewhere else.

Hlíf’Ulfr did not know of what she was referring to but he trusted her, he also knew that whether he tried to stop her or not if she had something in her heart she would do it. She had that look on her face that told him it would be one of those times. So it was for this reason heaving his bag onto his shoulders that he followed closely behind her. He saw an elf walk down with a look of disappointment perhaps on his drunken face and began to sigh himself hoping Brynn was just leading them to their room to sleep.

Brynn got to the stairs but as she rounded the corner a boy was also descending. Brynn sidestepped quickly in attempt to avoid a collision. She twirled out of the way, her lithe body moving gracefully to the side pushing herself against the wall allowing the boy to pass. All was well and Brynn decided to instead of an apology she would pursue her original intentions.

So,” she said with something resembling but not quite a smirk on her full lips and one eyebrow raised “,I hear your looking for Ronin?”

Parven

Harbinger of Nocturnal
    "Well that proved uneventful" exclaimed Parven as he approached the stair case noticing the young man who asked for his aid he approached only to his dismay that Hlif'Ulfr was there talking to the young man.

Parven took careful steps towards them "still looking for some Ronin?" Asked Parven "oh and I must apologise for attempting to lift you coin pouch and please have this as I sign of my regret" explains Parven as he hands a small coin purse to Brynn "that is what I actually managed to get from your coin pouch kind sir, now I believe there is one kind of test happening up here and I wish to give me aid" explains Parven taking a deep breath as he finishes talking.

solace84

God of the Arena
    The argonian wasn't paying attention, then when the woman spoke he rose his wooden stick to attack the newcomers. Dalious raised an eyebrow and watched as the argonian went forward, then tripped on a loose board. The lizard fell flat on his face before he could even reach the newcomers.

Dalious sighed. "Excuse my friend," he said in embarrassment. "He's new to this. And yes, we are looking for Ronin, though the pay is low..."

They were interrupted by the same khajiit from before, the one who had killed those two men earlier in the bar. Bernen came in behind the cat, nodding his head with approval.

"An army of darkness has invaded my home of Falkreath," Bernen said, taking the center of the room. "My people are enslaved there, if you help me take my home back you can have whatever you want from us. Anything. We have fields of crops and barley, our community is hard working too! We can help build houses for you! Please, help me."

Dalious looked around the room and noted five of them. If they agreed, as he deemed they would, there would be five. Not seven, but just enough, he figured.

"I already claimed the barley fields so don't even think about it," Dalious added. "If you're joining, be up by the crack of noon and we'll head off."

"Noon? Dalious, I had hoped to leave now."

Dalious looked to the boy's eyes with a slight disgust. "You and I are not going to be getting along on this journey."

With that, the Imperial downed his whiskey and folded his arms.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Brynn was about to question the boy further when she heard the argonian begin to move. She turned swiftly into a proper fighting stance but found it all for naught. The Argonian in his drunken state had tripped and fallen flat on his scaled face. Brynn could not suppress the bell like laughter that came out at the sight but upon glancing the face of a rather weathered seemingly slightly embarrassed man she stifled the noise. She looked up still with a smile waiting for him to speak and listened readily as he began.

"Excuse my friend," The man said from atop the stairs. "He's new to this. And yes, we are looking for Ronin, though the pay is low..."

It was then that he was interrupted by the smooth voice of the Khajiit from only moments before. Hlíf’Ulfr laughed hardily at the cat and his claim to have stolen his coin catching Brynn’s attention and turning her face of happiness to that of contempt directed towards the Khajiit.

Those could not possibly be mine,” he stated looking with a broad grin and crinkled eyes at the pouch he then reached down his armor having to adjust several times then finally drew out a small pouch“You can’t possibly pilfer what I don’t have. See I brought enough for a room and a meal for the both of us. We had planned on leaving in the morn.”

Hlíf’Ulfr looked over at Brynn who had a look of entertainment on her face, this time a true smirk finding its way onto her face. Hlíf then brought his smiling eyes back to the cat regarding the bag more closely.

Although,” he stated musingly “I did have a bag of larger seed in one of my pouches about that size…

Brynn looked at the two and could not help but remember situations where this had come in handy. Both she and Hlíf had grown accustom to traveling with only the bare minimum of coin to avoid situations as these but this had been the first time they had both seen its benefits so obviously. She sighed and was about to rebuke the Khajiit when the younger man took the attention of the group.

"An army of darkness has invaded my home of Falkreath," Bernen said, taking the center of the room. "My people are enslaved there, if you help me take my home back you can have whatever you want from us. Anything. We have fields of crops and barley, our community is hard working too! We can help build houses for you! Please, help me."

Brynn’s breath was caught for a moment as she processed what the man had said. A home… she though repressing the memories of her own old cabin that lay on the boundaries between The Rift and Falkreath Hold Perhaps… Perhaps. She would go no matter if reward was offered or not as her soul craved the adventure and her nature demanded so of her. When there was another in need she could not turn down the opportunity to help. She was about to turn to Hlíf’Ulfr when the man from before stated his claim.

"I already claimed the barley fields so don't even think about it," Dalious added. "If you're joining, be up by the crack of noon and we'll head off.

Brynn then felt Hlíf’Ulfr by her side and over her shoulder she cast her pleading eyes upon his. They were a team and she knew that if she agreed he would feel obligated to join her. They stayed like this with their eyes locked having it seemed a conversation unhearable and unreadable by anyone but themselves as the two men bickered over the time of departure. Soon enough Hlíf’Ulfr’s chocolate brown eyes softened and Brynn’s grew full of joy.

We will accompany you on your journey friend,” Brynn said stepping forwards and placing her hand on the boy’s shoulder “Both of us.”

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts