250 Tips/Tricks/Secrets in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Sheuneux

Guardian of Talos Worship
36. While wearing the Arch-Mage robes, you cannot put on a helmet. But you can equip dragon priest masks without the robes being removed.

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
4. Probably the quickest way to level Illusion is to help Drevis Neloren at the College of Winterhold. His mystic tuning gloves, when used to cleanse the focal points, will give you instant magicka regeneration for an extended period of time. Casting Muffle over and over again levels Illusion very quickly, and it's possible to get very high in that skill before the effect wears off.

5. The same task of Drevis can also be used to level Conjuration. If you summon an atronach and then make it hostile by attacking it four times, this will add XP to your Conjuration skill. Then, cast Bound Sword in both hands over and over again (ie casting and sheathing constantly) until the summon expires. This is the fastest way I've levelled Conjuration.

6. Levelling Alteration can also be done with this effect, using the Detect Life spell in a heavily-populated area.
don't know if its been said yet but much easier way for all of these:
4. use that tactic I guess to do muffle a bunch.
5. soul trap dead bodies
6. Telekinesis an object with 25% x 4 enchant reduction.

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
38. going to Stony Creek Cave (or some cave along those lines) northeast of Riften, you can use the wuld shout to jump on some rocks and warp across onto the waterfall on the farthest chamber. follow it along to find a mysterious dwemer ruin (without spoiling what happens) you can slink in, grab treasure from the final chest, and escape. congrats, you just entered the end of a dungeon. there's nothing else of interest here except an expert locked chest at the bottom of the lake.
39. Out of all of the destruction schools, while they all have their ups and downs, Lightning is technically the best. nobody is resistant to it, although nobody is weak to it. Also, it's final upgrade perk is the most efficient, killing enemies by disintegration if shot by lightning below some 20% health or so. don't believe it?? Nords are 50% resistant to ice, plus blizzard has a strange glitch where all your magic and ice resistance applies to the enemy, making blizzard one of the worst spells in game. Fire is good, plus bleeding damage, but if you're in solstheim almost everyone is a dark elf and it does hardly no damage. plus the only enemy that is slightly resistant to lightning is the storm atronarch itself.
40. this is the best one I know yet. if you get the Prowlers Profit perk, all treasure chests have more gems and stuff right? this can be obtained by doing the baranziah's quest... BUT.
Go to a Nordic ruin. see all those urns? EACH. SINGLE. ONE. counts as a chest and has at least three or four gems (some flawless) in it. see my sig, my Eyes-on-gold character had OVER FIFTY FLAWLESS AMATHYSTS. this is the best way to get money that I know of yet. its amazing. while this applys to all chests, and even the specific dead greyish female draugr you find in the crypts, the Nordic ruins have the most urns and chests. you will find maybe three empty urns in your whole journey from this.
41. Having the Necromage perk from the restoration tree and becoming a vampire makes all your spells twice as effective on you. grand healing now does 600+ healing to you. all enchantments are now 25% stronger, thus making 23% reduction to a school 27 or so. this also applys to magic. 51 magic suddenly becomes 71. etc.etc.etc. and this also works on a few perks, but none of the 5/5 perks.

AS88

Staff member
don't know if its been said yet but much easier way for all of these:
4. use that tactic I guess to do muffle a bunch.
5. soul trap dead bodies
6. Telekinesis an object with 25% x 4 enchant reduction.

Soul Trap is another good way, but I'm pretty sure Bound Sword gives more XP.

To have x4 25% cost reduction, your enchanting would have to be pretty high level. If you were able to enchant for 100% reduction though, levelling all the magic skills is easy.

Welcome, btw

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
#7. Take a platter and hold it up against the second pillar on your right from Dirge (the bouncer) in the Ragged Flagon in Riften, equip your Whirlwind Sprint and run into the platter, if done correctly you will glitch through the wall and into the water underneath the Ragged Flagon which will give you access to four (4) different chests with leveled loot. If you're a member of the Thieves Guild, all you must do is pay 1000 septim readmittance fee to regain favor.
OMG. You may have just solved my problem with really wanting a Thieves Guild Hood but really not wanting to join the Thieves Guild. Thank you!

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
42. To avoid getting caught when sneak-shooting enemies, find a good hiding spot (e.g. behind a pillar, in dark shadows), then move a distance away before shooting, then quickly sneak back to your hiding spot. The enemies will look for you in the place you shot from, not the place you moved to afterwards. This makes it easy to shoot, hide, shoot, hide, shoot, until all of your enemies are dead.

43. On a journey through the Reach or another annoyingly mountainous area? Take a horse. They can climb steep cliffs much easier, as evidenced in this handy infographic:

gaming-horse-physics1.jpg

Ignami351

INFP of the Blue Variety
Soul Trap is another good way, but I'm pretty sure Bound Sword gives more XP.

To have x4 25% cost reduction, your enchanting would have to be pretty high level. If you were able to enchant for 100% reduction though, levelling all the magic skills is easy.

Welcome, btw

While the bound sword thing may be true, soul trap is more efficient for the fact that you can regen magic way faster outside of battle, and bound sword in battle would take a lot longer in general. (with soul trap you can wait an hour to regen all the way)

and yeah the x4 thing is a bit of a problem. however, if you're a vampire with the necromage perk you can get to level 80 or so and do it with the same 29% boost or so :D that's how my vamp is doing it even though he doesn't have 100 enchant.

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
During the quest in High Hrothgar when you're learning Whirlwind Sprint, if you have a spare dragon soul then during the time that you learn the first word and when Borri(?) gives you his knowledge of the first word quickly open up the inventory and spend the dragon soul on the word. This will give you the knowledge of the first word but give you the second as well.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts