OOC 18+ The Madgod's Request

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
    Also, he wears his black cape over his lost arm.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
    Ok, last thing I should specify. He is only honorary harbinger due to his lost arm. This might bring the Silver Hand into play for the RP. He can give advice to warriors I guess. His fighting is pretty weak for now.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Not my place to say but the way you're going about it is wrong. Tweaking him like that because he seemed OP still kept in the fact that he was OP for no damn reason. I don't see how someone is such a good combatant that he can beat two dremora, while being such a good intelectual that he can actively research on them while being one of the best smiths in tamriel while being a commander in the imperial legion while being the leader of a renown group of mercenary warrios, while being a warewolf. It's just too much, you need to give up on some things, not tweak him by handicaping him.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
    Not my place to say but the way you're going about it is wrong. Tweaking him like that because he seemed OP still kept in the fact that he was OP for no damn reason. I don't see how someone is such a good combatant that he can beat two dremora, while being such a good intelectual that he can actively research on them while being one of the best smiths in tamriel while being a commander in the imperial legion while being the leader of a renown group of mercenary warrios, while being a warewolf. It's just too much, you need to give up on some things, not tweak him by handicaping him.

Dremora aren't terribly strong. i'm talking about rather low level dremora. He isn't in the legion anymore, and he doesn't do any fighting for the companions. He is intelligent, which is why he knows how to smith and knows how to research.

All this stuff is at different time periods. His werewolf form also only has one arm.

Although he WAS the best around, he isn't so strong anymore. He just knew how to spend his time through his life, which was why he is so strong.

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    If the leaders so decide, I can change him again… but he isn't a great warrior anymore.
    That is exactly my point. You made him so that he isn't strong and mighty anymore, but the problem was he was strong and mighty in the first place. If you would cut down some of his titles, and have him being like a smith indulged with daedric activity that can also fight(which would be intresting IMO), and not have him being a commander/harbinger/werewolf/dragonspeaker, you would have a way better chance.

Imagine this guy, who is now way weaker than he was before, sitting at a fireplace and talking about past with others. Our characters will be like "Well I killed that big beast and found that herb once..." while your guy is like "Yeah I once led 40 legion solders and 4 werewolves all clad into armors that I procured by killed dragons against a horde of dremora."(I'm exagerating ofc, but you get the point)

You making him weaker doesn't mean he wasn't strong in the past. If you would reduce his perks you would have a way higher chance of getting in this RP

ShadowMage

Article Writer
    If the leaders so decide, I can change him again… but he isn't a great warrior anymore.
    That is exactly my point. You made him so that he isn't strong and mighty anymore, but the problem was he was strong and mighty in the first place. If you would cut down some of his titles, and have him being like a smith indulged with daedric activity that can also fight(which would be intresting IMO), and not have him being a commander/harbinger/werewolf/dragonspeaker, you would have a way better chance.

Imagine this guy, who is now way weaker than he was before, sitting at a fireplace and talking about past with others. Our characters will be like "Well I killed that big beast and found that herb once..." while your guy is like "Yeah I once led 40 legion solders and 4 werewolves all clad into armors that I procured by killed dragons against a horde of dremora."(I'm exagerating ofc, but you get the point)

You making him weaker doesn't mean he wasn't strong in the past. If you would reduce his perks you would have a way higher chance of getting in this RP

I'm willing to cut out the companions part… I will keep his one-armed-ness. I will rewrite the CC.

ShadowMage

Article Writer
    Specifically for shadow kitty to see. I know it's closed but Irishman might consider opening a spot for this char.

Name: Illiad Rorik
    Aliases: Man of Armor, The Smith, Ill.
    Sex: Male
    Sexual Preference: Woman
    Race: Nordic Imperial
    Profession: Armor and weapon smith
    Class: 1H Sword and Shield warrior, smith
    Residence: Whiterun
    Religion: Stendar and Talos
    Affiliations: Ex-Legion Commander.
    Alignment: Neutral
    Property: BreezeHome,

Appearance: Illiad is a tall, dark man. He has a rough beard and really short, black hair. Muscular, upwards 300 pounds and 6'5. He has surprisingly light blue eyes. He has a scar on his right arm for protecting a child from a bear. He has a mean look that doesn't reflect his personality.

Apparel: He wears Iron armor, and on his right arm (stump), he wears a large piece of cloth that goes down to his knee to cover his stump. Does not wear a helmet.

Combat: He stabs most often with his sword. He only has his left arm to use.

Weaponry: He has one rapier. That's why he only stabs. It is made out of Dragon bone he found, and ebony but made to look like black iron.

Magic: Magically inept.

Personality: Extremely protective. He has taken the blows for many of his friends or even children he doesn't know. He believes in Chivalry and fights his enemies mean but fair. He is kind-hearted but he doesn't show it most often to keep his intimidating look. He hates being alone but doesn't want to find any for companionship.

Dislikes: Thalmor, magic, false justice

Hobbies: He can fluently speak dragon language and is interested in finding out about Daedric Artifacts.

He found out about the Dragon Language because his family line goes all the way back to Dragon worshippers. It is family tradition to speak Dragon Language and fluently recite a speech/chant at age 15.
    At age 17, after he and his two sisters were orphaned, he picked up Smithing in Whiterun.
    When he was 19, and his sister died at 3. Although that helped him financially, it wrecked him emotionally.
    The same year, when his sister turned 13, he joined the Legion. They moved to the Imperial City for a time.
    At this time, he went on many expeditions and adventures. One of his adventures, near the border of Skyrim, he found an ancient burial ground. It had a large Skeleton sticking out of the ground. He took some parts of the bone and left.
    He started to become more and more interested in Daedric Artifacts. That led him towards killing a few Dremora. He inspected their armor to find it's recipe. Ebony and the Soul of a Daedra were the main components.
    He started taking their hearts after each kill, although there weren't many.
    Illiad moved back to whiterun to take up smithing again.
    He had enough Dragon bone, ebony, and Daedric heart to make one Rapier.
    He became a commander in The Legion, but his research on Daedra got him kicked out of the Legion.
    At 34, he became interested in a woman, Ida. They wanted to start a family, but found out he was sterile.
    Later that week, Ida committed suicide for unknown reasons.
    He had stopped adventuring for the time. He had experienced too many tragedies throughout his life to want to experience more.
    His interest in Daedra wants to make him join Wyldfire, although they never met each other. He wants to come out of his shell and study Daedra and their effects on humanity.

He already has a decent amount of knowledge on Daedra, so that's why Wyldfire would want him to help her.

This would be my dialogue color.

Everything I changed: He was never in the Companions. He only rose to commander instead of head-general.

He only has basic Iron Armor, and a rapier made out of the "special" metal, instead of a 2H.

He has never killed a Dragon. Only 2 Dremora, and was never a companion.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    We are waiting for Doom to post so we can get to the next morning. I would like it to be ASAP as I am leaving on holiday on Thursday for ten days and will not be posting during that time (Unless I get Iman to take over my character)

SO POST PLEASE!!

Whoa whoa whoa, what should I post about? Waking up tomorrow? I'm so confused

I just thought you might want to post about turning in for the night before I skip it to morning. We have no reactions from you concerning the odd elf or Wyldfyre's troubled sleep.. but if you want to just skip to morning then that is fine with me :) Maybe you could wake us all up.. IDK.. whatever.. :p

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Doom, something simple like your pre sleep activities would work fine. We just don't want to cut you off, or Xorguk either.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    Thank you Shadowmage, that will be enough for now. This is all just conjecture anyway, so you will just have to be patient and continue watching the thread if we ever open up a space and if you are still interested. Like Iman and I have said, there is a line of people before you and they have first dibs. :)

ShadowMage

Article Writer
    Thank you Shadowmage, that will be enough for now. This is all just conjecture anyway, so you will just have to be patient and continue watching the thread if we ever open up a space and if you are still interested. Like Iman and I have said, there is a line of people before you and they have first dibs. :)

Haha it's all good if I don't make it. I do think I've almost got my CC perfect. For the character I want anyways.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    We are waiting for Doom to post so we can get to the next morning. I would like it to be ASAP as I am leaving on holiday on Thursday for ten days and will not be posting during that time (Unless I get Iman to take over my character)

SO POST PLEASE!!

Whoa whoa whoa, what should I post about? Waking up tomorrow? I'm so confused

I just thought you might want to post about turning in for the night before I skip it to morning. We have no reactions from you concerning the odd elf or Wyldfyre's troubled sleep.. but if you want to just skip to morning then that is fine with me :) Maybe you could wake us all up.. IDK.. whatever.. :p

Yeah Doom, if your post could just bring us to mid next morning, than I can put my post in after yours. Your group is planning to head north and than *east towards Solitude, by the time you guys are on the road, Elenwen will have sent her letter saying to meet up in Windhelm.

Perhaps you could just start packing up your camp and getting ready for the adventure the next morning?

EDIT: *head West towards Solitude :oops:

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Yes! Then I Can do something with talking to Xorguk and Wyldfyre about the beast I'm hunting, and Maybe prepare a meal for the group?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    I'l post tomorrow, sorry guys but the latest GoT episode got me too tired for anything tonight :confused:

A.Auditore

maybe...
    I'l post tomorrow, sorry guys but the latest GoT episode got me too tired for anything tonight :confused:

tsk tsk tsk tsk shame shame shame Doom... jk ;)

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Half the members are gone, last post was from you doom in march, no one else seemed interstead in it anymore, so i closed it