• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    You can control what the guards say or do, within reason. For example, you can't make a guard throw other player into a punishment just because, you have to have a good reason. Yeah, first they will take your clothes and weapons to the treasury and give you rags and a shiv. They then push you inside the prison and order you to mine, that's all. After observation during a week or so, they write some notes to go to a desk (UnLonged's CCs were files in that desk)

UnLonged

True to the Name
    I do like the idea of having your character as a smuggler, but I would appreciate it if no extravagances like wines or food above bread were traded. I mean, mostly rags, skeever flesh, shivs tied together to make a bigger weapon, and, in extreme cases, an ale or chunk of bread. What do you think UnLonged?

What else have we got Lepids for ;)

I think it is okay for smuggled goods to go as high as dried meat or any kind of food that is of that level. There's one prison movie I remember where the inmates go crazy for fast food, i.e. cheeseburgers, and they give mad credits to get one and that sort of stuff is just regular on the outside world.

How about Mr. Smuggler here can provide goods that are of "cheeseburger level" (dried venison meat, fruits, and the like) BUT will cost a butt load of Lepids (EDIT: AND when I say a butt load -- I mean Mammoth's butt -- that way, prisoners would have a choice between mining for both ebony AND lepidolite for the amenities Silvertongue could provide but risk getting beat for not being able to make ebony quota, or make do with bland, charred skeever meat and save yourself some pain).

One thing I'd like to know is how these kind of things get smuggled; you can't pay guards with prison money since they have no use for it. But of course, someone with a rep like Silvertongue here is bound to have connections outside of prison, right?

Hime

The Mighty Lurk Queen
    Name: Arblynn Dufing
    Nicknames: The Crimson Lady
    Race: Breton
    Class: Warrior
    Birthplace: Evermor, High Rock
    Birthsign: The Thief
    Sexuality: Asexual. Though she may get attached emotionally to someone, she simply doesn’t enjoy the company of a man nor woman beyond friendship.
    Religion: To be quite honest, Arblynn believes in gods and even has prayed to them once or twice in her life. It has never brought her comfort so she simply thinks that she has been long since abandoned by them.
    Afflictions: Mild alcoholism
    Affliation: Dark Brotherhood
    Appearance: Arblynn is a youthful woman who has seen more death than you’d think. She doesn’t have quite the look of a skilled assassin, but her thin build and an unusual amount of stamina makes her the perfect killer should she play her cards right. Her face bears the signs of battle on her left cheek just under her eye, a thin scar that extends downward. She also wears battle paint around her eyes that make her blue eyes stand out quite well. She has light auburn hair, spun into a braid that wraps around the back of her head.
    Weapons: Shiv, a bit of sharpened bone. In her chest is a finely crafted iron axe
    Primary Skills:
    Sneak
    Two-handed
    Smithing
    Personality: Arblynn is quite a hard person to get along with, being closed off and untrusting. She has faced many hardships alone mostly all her life. She disapproves of all sorts of people for no reason, even completely decent ones. She keeps her distance, fearing any pain that may follow in her getting attached to anyone. She has always proven strong, rebellious, and, beyond all, able to hope in the direst of situations, though she may say that there is not hope. Arblynn loves proving people wrong. If someone says that she can’t survive, that is exactly what she will do. She is quick witted, and able to read people, gathering the tiniest scraps of information to be used for money or food. Should you attempt to harm her in any way, shape or form, she defends herself with a tenacity of a saber cat. More men found out in the prison that she isn’t someone to be trifled with through broken fingers. She may seem cold and unyielding on the outside but her true self is quite regretful to the circumstances that led to her capture. Deep down, she is a very sad person, hiding behind a mask of strong indifference that is rarely taken off.
    Story: Arblynn was once a happy child who led a good life with her family in High Rock. They lived in a time where bandits were common but rarely attacked any town. One of the few just happened to be in hers at the time. Her parents, two brothers and sisters were all brutally murdered by the bandits. Arblynn was the only survivor out of her family due to the fact that she hid cleverly. Never in her life will she forget the screams, however. Part of her wished that she had perished with her family but her torment went on. While attempting to escape from the bandit seized town, she was caught but spared to be sold in the black market for a slave. She passed through many hands, and traveled long distances until she came to Skyrim. Her owner was a drunkard Nord named Sledd. He abused her in more ways than one till she simply broke one day. She slit his throat with a carving knife, and his corpse fell on her. When she finally managed to push him off of her, she was covered in his blood.
    She had gained her freedom, but with no purpose she wandered aimlessly, still wearing her old masters blood like warpaint. On a road leading to nowhere, she met a dark rider who saw her as a girl with the potential to be a skilled killer, for she had taken a life already at her age. Regardless of what she thought, she came into the mentorship of Garrown, one of the best assassins the Dark Brotherhood had at the time. She learned how to kill, when to stay her blade and most of all, to survive. She took any target for the right price, and no one was able to stop her once she took a price for their head. Bandit lords and Jarls knew of her existence, and she took the name The Crimson Lady, from her first kill. Before she came to the hellhole known as a prison, she was hired to kill a Jarl and for the first time, she failed to kill her mark. She was kept in the cities prison for a while, but since she attempted to escape and killed a few guards in the process, there was only one place that could hold her. Now she lives as a informer in the prison. For a price, one can buy some scrap of information from her.
    Theme :

UnLonged

True to the Name
    That idea working for you, Writes?

I want to make the amenities available but still keep the harsh atmosphere; making such amenities attainable but in a way that you're going to have to subject yourself to twice the work which anyone in Drahonnal couldn't just pull off everyday.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
    One thing I'd like to know is how these kind of things get smuggled; you can't pay guards with prison money since they have no use for it. But of course, someone with a rep like Silvertongue here is bound to have connections outside of prison, right?

If nothing else, Silvertongue has connections.

I was thinking that a carraige driver and one or two guards are 'looked after' in the real world by the Drug Cartel. Cyrus approached them in the early days once he knew escape was nigh immpossible and due to his status and pursuasiveness, he was able to get a couple of his rings smuggled in. this has lead to the agreement of Lepids=goodies between them. I completely agree with the goods being very basic as Nyvis would not stand for it if things got out of hand. its only through a slowly built trust that the agreement still stands in the 1st place...

Hime

The Mighty Lurk Queen
    At the very least your character should know of her but it all depends on if they ever met. Arblynn never forgets a face but names commonly escape her.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
    Oh, Khaotic I hope you don't mind I named the argonian that was in the carriage with Carina.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts