• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

rittz

Easiest way to make money ever (without using exploits and cheats, at least), no matter what console you're on:

Find the banish enchantment.

For real. You don't have to have max enchanting or smithing for this, but it does help. It also helps if you have max speechcraft, too, but it certainly isn't necessary. So, find the banish enchantment, and then craft a bunch of iron daggers, and enchant them all with banish. If you have max enchantment and can put two enchantments on one item, then add paralyze as well. If you have max smithing, then go ahead and collect items to make dragonbone weapons if you want to, and then proceed with enchanting them. But even if you haven't put any perks into any of these skills, you can still make some good money.

Agentoringe

Ok, il give you the easiest way to make money (using an exploit yes, but no console commands or anything like that) this works on all systems, but I play on Xbox and this is the easiest way ive found to make quick cash, all of these are good ways to do it, and yes, a dragon bone war hammer can be upgraded an sold for close to 10k, but what merchants have that cash??? An the time it takes to level your smithing is mind numbing bc they patched the "iron dagger" exploit on Xbox lol

So here it is, you need 3 things, to have the ritual stone active, get to hags end, the most important, lots of patience lol in about half the time it would take to level your skills to make the money, you can have what you need...look up deep wood redoubts location (if undiscovered) that's where hags end is,once inside hags end, there's a door to the left, walk in, fight the hag til she teleports, then go up the stairs to the throne room, fight her there til teleport, now here's where the trick is, behind the throne is where the dark brotherhood assassin is you loot the ancient shrouded armor from, he's located behind a secret door you have to complete a specific quest INCLUDING all the bonus objectives to unlock it...well, that's normally how you do it lol

Stand next to the door and use the ritual stones power, then go back to the door you entered hags end through and walk back outside...when you "load" on the other side, it will also load all of the minions you rezd w the stone, including the assassin fully clad in the armor...*(notation there's more to this part il explain later) * ...kill him and take the armor, then wait 24hours, use the power and walk back through the door, when you load on the other side, he respawns with another set of the armor on, here's why, the game engine is set to clear dead bodies out after so many days, and respawn them alive (most of them) later (about 30 days)...but in the assassins case the game knows he's supposed to be dead already and "skips" him in the clean up process, he's treated more like a "inanimate object" like a potatoe or chair than a npc...but you can do this until you get bored w it, the cowl will sell for 400g chest for 200g gloves for 60g and boots for about 120g...so about 800-850 total, but the whole armor set weighs 7lbs...so if your like me, I dump everything I have on something else or on my follower when I do this then load up until I can't carry anymore sets of the armor...(which is usually about 40 sets of it) then you just fast travel back to white run and sell what you can, wait 2 days, repeat...then if that's not enough money, I back and do more, he will still be there, (although maybe reloaded behind the wall) bc he's a static in game "item" not a npc to be cleared out...

Since in white run there is the alchemy shop, usually 5-700g, belethor 700g, farengar 500g Adrienne 1100g and ulberth (inside war maidens)1100g you can usually make around 4k every 2 days...with speech leveled to 100 (using the meadery exploit in Riften) w appropriate perks, you can get about 1.5x more than that, so close to 10k every 2 days...

Toralf Snow-Song

Level ?? (Elite) Humanoid
Good method, along with investing in Lucan in Riverwood (A bug gives him 11k every 48 hours) gives you 20k+! Thanks for the helpful post!

Agentoringe

...now, for the notation, while your farming the armor, this is a perfect opportunity to level several skills, if you sneak and kill animation the rezzed witches, you can level your sneaking really quickly to 100, also same goes for 1 handed, 2 handed, if you have a shield, shield bashing levels block, you can level your destruction magic, archery (if you have enough arrows) pretty much all your combat skills can be leveled right here, oh, if you don't use the soul trap trick then you can level your conjuration here as well by summoning things before you attack or using a bound weapon to do it, but it's a great way to level skills while farming for money as well, it does take more time for the skills aspect of it...I myself when making my sneaky characters have done this exploit at level 3 on Xbox, and then continued normally throughout the game bc let's face it, a level 3 character with 35% bow damage, muffle, double 1 handed sneak attack and last and def least poison resist is pretty OP at through most of the early game lol but yeah, that's how I've done it, it's not too boring, leveling the skills keeps you doing something, and you make a ton of money doing it lol

I jsut made a ton my daggers and enchanted them with restore stamina( i think). Each one was like $600. invest in a merchant. So he/she has like $20,000 and sell them. just be careful bescause I invested like $30,000 in the potions woman in Solitude, went back and she only had like $500....AWESOMEEE!!!!!