• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Acrylic

The morning sun had just barely crept over the horizon, shedding a veil of soft light over the prosperous city. It was seven o’ clock and Whiterun’s streets were nearly empty, save for the guards that had just begun their usual patrol routes. Occasionally, the guards would check the back of Jorravaskr and there, they’d spot a young, slightly small Redguard male undergoing intense training. Squared up against one of the dummies, the twenty year old threw a series of quick, powerful punches at the padded wooden post. He’d back up every once in a while in order to work on his stance and footwork. Training was an integral part of Axel’s usual daily routine. If he wasn’t doing alchemy research, he was working on perfecting his hand-to-hand combat.
    Constant training was a necessity, especially considering the type of opponents Axel could possibly run into. If he was to stand any sort of chance against an armed opponent, he had to be at the top of his game. There was virtually no room for error and a single mistake could spell out his death. However, it wasn’t as if Axel was completely unarmed. Stopping for a brief moment, his dark-brown eyes drifted down towards the pair of peculiar ebony gauntlets on the ground. The ebony-plated gauntlets served as Axel’s “weapons” and they made the lad’s strikes have the potential to deal devastating amounts of damage. Not to mention that Axel was actually able to block weapons without having to worry about one of his limbs getting severed off.
    The dark-skinned boy sighed. He didn’t even know if he was really cut out for adventuring, despite all of the work he put into making sure that his body was honed and his mind sharp. He took a deep breath before going back to striking against the training dummy, hoping that he wasn’t disturbing anybody’s morning sleep.
    » WORDS - 315
    » OOC - Axel just be trainin'. Yuh.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Hlíf 'Ulfr walked out through one of Jorravaskr's back doors, he was turned towards the room from which he had just come, seemingly calling a warm goodbye to an unknown inside. He made sure to close the door quietly, not wanting to disturb Axel or the still pure and quiet day that had begun. He stood, a slight breeze ruffling his light, white, loosely fitting shirt. He had left his armour to a careful friend, the same he had said his goodbyes to inside Jorravaskr. He had exchanged his traveling garb for that of a commoner, to look less conspicuous and to be more comfortable amongst the people around him although still visible was his brown leather quiver, as well as his bow. He stood and watched Axel do is strange dance as he attacked the dummy with his hands on his hips, he had always preferred to strike with a sword, or mace, or axe but had respect for those who chose their own way.
    He stood watching both Axel training and the city awakening for a while longer before he decided to make his presence known. He walked with a smooth confidence down the steps and towards the redguard with long strides.

Relentless” was all Hlíf 'Ulfr had said to the training man and in relation to the way the boy trained. He said this with both a warm tone and smile, he looked off into the distance squinting at a couple birds that flew in the sky as the morning sun hit his already sun darkened face.

Acrylic

The Companions didn’t mind if non-members utilized their training grounds. In fact, they encouraged for people to use their training grounds as it was a good way for them to sniff out any potential recruits. Axel hadn’t been approached by any of the Companions’s members but he figured that it was bound to happen since he used their training grounds so often. The dark-skinned boy didn’t notice the Nord at first and kept up his furious punching on the straw training dummy. However, once the warrior spoke, Axel abruptly stopped, head turning around to initiate eye contact with the friendly stranger. The twenty year old remained silent for a brief moment before finally speaking up. “Yeah. I have to be if I want to perfect my martial art,” Axel stated, adjusting the leather gloves on his hands. “I was never good with weapons. And magic? Eh, I could never seem to learn it. Both of my parents are spellswords so of course, they tried to teach me their style of fighting. It didn’t work out too well. So, I took up martial arts instead.” The Redguard rubbed his nose. “People have a nasty habit of underestimating me too. I’m sure you don’t get that. You definitely look like someone who can handle themselves in combat. People think twice about messing with you. Me on the other hand . . .”
    Axel frowned. He looked over to the side for a moment, wanting to avoid any sort of eye contact. Sighing, the dark-skinned boy looked back up at the brown-haired newcomer. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to rant like that.” He wasn’t one to place his problems on others. Still, Axel had to admit that talking about his problems to somebody did make him feel better afterwards. “Are you a member of the Companions by any chance? If so, I hope I’m not ruining any plans by using your training grounds.”
    » WORDS - 350
    » OOC - Mmm.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Hlíf 'Ulfr listened still looking out on the new morning full of promise and new challenges as the boy rambled, his grin widening as the boy apologised for his so called “rant.” He took only a second to respond as he sifted through the mental list of all the things the redguard had imparted on to him and in a slow thoughtful voice began his reply. “Underestimate you? No thought of that kind would cross anyone’s mind after seeing the beating you just gave that dummy.” He said his tone hinting on impressed as he nodded towards that mannequin that the redguard had been practicing on. “As for me I am no companion” he explained looking back towards Jorravaskr. “Although,” he continued in turning back towards the man his expression that of amusement “Farkas often reminds me that that could always be a viable option.” He followed this statement with a hearty and friendly chuckle, his eyes crinkling at the sides he then shook his head contentedly as the memories and voices played through his mind.

He turned his attention to the redguard and through only habit rested his hand on the pommel of his sword and leaned back in a relaxed comfortable way. He re-examined him quickly before moving onto the next topic of conversation. “Working with weapons, he began with a humble smile had always been something I have found almost natural. I prefer one handed of mostly any sort, perhaps the sword for precision and the mace if you really just want to bludgeon something to death.“Although,” he added pensively “there is something oddly appealing about one two handed in particular, something about the feeling I’d imagine getting running into battle, an impressive battleaxe swinging down upon my foes.” He looked off with a sparkle in his eye for a moment seeming to be enjoying the image that had he described. Then shaking himself out of this he added to his previous statement cautiously “However don’t think of me as one who enjoys killing, who is violent, or malicious. Do not mistake me for that. It is only that an artist takes pride and enjoys conversation regarding their tools.” His broad, friendly smile returned and his warm eyes met that of the redguard. “As for that magic stuff,” he waved his hand in a dismissive fashion “I never found the need or will within myself to learn it, nor do I find it the most respectable way in combat. My experience with those that use spells is akin in many ways to a game of chase. I like my opponents to face me.” Then still keeping eyes with the redguard he paraphrased his previously voiced thought“So I guess you could say I can handle myself.”

As he looked over the city and the landscape that lay before him he had one more thought on the matter and it escaped his lips with a more grave tone than his previously expressed thoughts “I am glad though you have found your calling when it comes to combat. I have found you have to know such things if you are to travel across Skyrim in times like these.”It took him a minute to snap out of his brooding silence but when he did he returned just as forthcoming and friendly as before. “How inconsiderate of me, I get ahead of myself,” he said with an apology also playing in his eyes “You mentioned the Companions, are you looking to have a word put in for you my friend?” Hlíf 'Ulfr added the last word quite naturally. He was not quick to consider someone a friend but for some reason this redguard carried a certain quality, a certain innocence and presence that made Hlíf 'Ulfr sense in him a kindred spirit.

>>Words - 632

Acrylic

A smile crept across Axel’s face. The Nord seemed to be a friendly, easy-going guy and his genuine compliment boosted the dark-skinned boy’s spirits. Judging from how the sun-tanned man talked about the Companions, Axel found it safe to assume that Hilf’Ulfr had some kind of experience dealing with the close-knit order of warriors, especially since they requested him to be a Shield-Brother in the past. Blinking his eyes, Axel listened quietly as the brunette went on about his love for weaponry, specifically swords and maces. The Redguard knew quite a bit about different weapons, despite not using any himself. He was an experienced blacksmith after all. “Swords and maces hm? That sounds like a balanced combination,” Axel commented, rubbing his nose. “I think you can learn to use two-handed weapons just as well as one-handed weapons. You’re definitely strong enough and judging from your comments about your weapon preferences, you really do have a natural affinity for weapons.” It was truly a nice gift to have, to be able to adapt to any sort of weapon that was placed in your hands. However, Axel quickly learned that he didn’t have that gift. In fact, he was terrible with any sort of weapon, period. “Oh, I don’t think of you as a killer. Do not worry about that,” the twenty year old chuckled. “It is perfectly fine for someone to admire their weapons. Well, to a certain degree of course. You aren’t anywhere close to breaching that boundary though.”
    Hilf’Ulfr went on to give his personal opinion about magic. He didn’t directly disapprove of it but he generally saw it as a more “unfair” way to engage combat with an opponent. Not to mention that it was extremely annoying for him to fight a mage, since it essentially turned into a frantic game of cat and mouse. “Yeah, I’m glad I managed to learn how to fight. This group of monks taught me everything that they knew. They’re a very nice and peaceful bunch but they are also extremely skilled martial artists who can defend themselves if need be, not to mention that they do so completely unarmed,” Axel stated, adjusting the leather gloves on his hands. His head perked up once the tall Nord mentioned putting his name in for the Companions.
    “M-Me? Well . . . uh,” the young Redguard rubbed the back of his neck, “Y-You can if you want to. I mean, I was thinking about joining them but . . . I don’t know if I’m strong enough to join ‘em yet . . .” Axel admitted, his dark-brown eyes averting towards the ground. He fiddled with the golden-plated Dwemer goggles on his forehead. The Companions were a group of elite warriors and they frankly accepted only the best of the best. Axel sure as hell didn’t have the look of a seasoned, battle-hardened warrior and his quiet demeanor was the complete opposite of the usual brash and fiery attitudes the Companions brandished. Still, he wasn’t going to give up on the idea just yet. “Oh! I know!” Axel said, his head shooting up. “Um, I know this might be a bit sudden but . . . would you mind sparring with me?” the short male asked. “You don’t have to if you don’t want to, I mean, you look like you’re just trying to relax anyways. And if you do, you can use weapons if you want. The monks taught me how to fight against armed opponents, they really did,” Gods, he was talking an awful lot. Blinking, the Redguard clamped his mouth shut before looking slightly embarrassed about going off on another tangent. “Sorry . . . I didn’t mean to talk so much.”
    » WORDS - 621
    » OOC - I FINALLY POSTED. YAAAAY.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Hlif’ulfr listened to the boy with a look akin to entertainment on his friendly face. He listened as the boy went on and took in every word and every bit of information he had to give. As he spoke of weapons it seemed he knew them well and if it was Hlíf’Ulfr’s guess he would have some affinity for blacksmithing. Hlíf’Ulfr had never had the desire to smith as in his mind he had spent already too many hours of his childhood being forced to mine the metal to enjoy being around it for any longer. He assumed this skill also based on the readguard’s appearance. His in some cases slight customization of his armor were most likely done himself as even small customization could run at a high cost amongst the common blacksmith. it seemed now that they were more concerned with profit and were busy enough fueling the war that time that would go into customizations would have to be priced based on the higher number of generic weapons that could be manufactured during this time. He though back now to his own, completely unique set of armor and internally shuttered at what he imagined would have been the amount of coin he would have had to have given for it had it not been for Brynn. He snapped quickly back to listening to the dark skinned boy to be met with a compliment which he responded to with a broader grin.

He listened with equal interest and with a look of casual concentration on his face as the redguard told where his skill had been given to him and found it most interesting. Once his offer to speak to one of the companions on his behalf was brought up Hlíf’Ulfr felt a slight amount of guild. It seemed that the redguard though that he would be inquiring as to if he would be able to join when in all truth it would have been a request to test the boy. He knew by living amongst the tight knit family that it took many tests and hardships before one could be even near a companion. With an apologetic look on his sympathetic face he was about to explain his previously formed thoughts but was cut off by further excitement and speech from the redguard.

“Oh! I know!” The boy said enthusiastically “Um, I know this might be a bit sudden but . . . would you mind sparring with me?You don’t have to if you don’t want to, I mean, you look like you’re just trying to relax anyways. And if you do, you can use weapons if you want. The monks taught me how to fight against armed opponents, they really did,”

Hlíf’Ulfr looked slightly taken aback with a contemplative look about his face he leaned back and raising his strong arm to run his hand through his hair. Halting with his hand on the back of his neck he looked over at the redguard boy. He reminded him so of a child whose mother had warned him not to speak to strange folk repeatedly but despite this greeted each stranger with equal enthusiasm. It was his apology for speaking to much that convinced Hlíf’Ulfr to indulge the unarmed fighter in his request and with his mind made up an affectionate smile spread across his face.

Why not,” he said laughing slightly “Although I should probably find a dulled blade, you know just inc-

Hlíf’Ulfr!

His speech of acceptance was cut off by a voice that called out his name. The voice seemed almost musical, like bells in the way it beckoned him and he turned his head to the entrance at the top of the stairs leading into Jorrvaskr to meet the eyes of the woman who called him. Standing at the entrance was Brynn, her hand shielding her brilliant blue eyes from the sun she looked about. With hips swaying she began to walk to the top of the stairs to look upon Hlíf’Ulfr and his requested dueling partner. With the sun hitting her face she smiled gleefully. Her long Honey brown hair moved slightly in the wind as she stood atop the steps, she had donned her usually Ancient Nordic armor with her blades both on her hip she looked ready for battle yet she looked completely comfortable.

Brynn’s eyes were filled with charm as she glided down the stairs towards the two, her eyes focusing in elatedly on Hlíf’Ulfr then curiously onto the boy. Upon reaching the gathering of two she stationed herself next to Hlíf who had watched her from the moment she had appeared. The two greeted not with words but by locking bliss filled eyes and exchanging loving smiles. As Brynn’s gaze naturally shifted to Axel her full lips parted slightly as if she was trying to figure what she should make of him. An inviting look soon met the stranger and equally friendly words seemed to flow from Brynn’s lips.

It is always good to see a fresh face and one up so early putting their energy into practice this is even better. May I ask, who might you be?

» WORDS - 862
    » OOC - YAY! :D

Acrylic

For a moment, Axel mistook the Nord’s pensive silence as reluctance. The Redguard couldn’t blame Hilf for being unsure about his sparring offer; especially if Hilf was looking more forward to enjoying his morning rather than spending it engaged in a heated spar. Axel was just about to dismiss his request before the Nord agreed to it with a friendly chuckle. The dark-skinned boy’s eyes lit up with surprise. “Really?” he asked, still a bit stunned. “Oh! A dulled blade? That’d be a good idea. I think I saw some spare weapons over here . . .” Spinning on his heels, the Sura broke into a light jog. He froze once he heard a charming feminine voice call out towards Hilf’Ulfr. Axel whipped around, his dark-brown eyes zeroing in on the attractive, young woman standing on the wooden porch. Her beauty mixed strangely with her bestial, feral qualities, particularly the vibrant ocean-blue hue of her eyes and the chalky red war-paint that outlined them. Axel recognized the lass’s armor instantly, knowing that Ancient Nord Armor was a popular set of armaments donned by members of the Companions. Slightly stupefied by the hunter’s sudden appearance, Axel watched quietly as Hilf and Brynn stared lovingly at each other. “. . . They like each other?” the young male wondered, tilting his head quizzically. He nearly jumped once the blonde-haired girl spoke to him. Axel smiled weakly. “M-My name’s Axel Alt-Eisen. I hope I’m not interfering with anything,” he stated, his foot tracing circles on the dirt-covered ground. “I like to train in the mornings. Y-You know, it’s a good way to get my day started.” Training definitely was an excellent way to wake up both physically and mentally, and the cool, morning air was both soothing and refreshing.

A glint caught the lad’s peripherals. Axel turned his head towards the source. A steel sword leaned against the stone wall, its edges dulled for training purposes. Quickly, the Redguard jogged over towards the somewhat blunt weapon, grabbed it by its hilt before hurrying on over towards Hilf. Axel handed the blade over towards the tall Nord. “Did you still want to spar? I found a dull sword for you.” He then took a few steps backwards and waited for the swordsman to situate himself. Surely, Brynn would want to see her love interest spar against some unarmed kid. From an initial glance, she might think that this was a horrible mismatch and that the smaller and seemingly weaker Axel had no shot at her hunk of a man.

However, Axel was anything but weak.
    The twenty year old stood up straight, hands at his side. Axel bowed towards Hilf, a custom common amongst the monks he trained with. It was an integral part of their martial arts training and was generally used as a sign of respect. “Good luck to you!” the dark-skinned boy said after he rose from his short bow. He then gradually shifted into his fighting stance. His right hand remained in front while his left was back. Both of his hands were open, allowing for quick and sudden movements. The lad’s right foot was placed slightly ahead of his left, giving him a firm foundation. Axel stayed on the balls of his feet, granting him that much more mobility. Judging from his fighting stance alone, it was easy to tell that Axel was quite the accomplished martial artist. The Redguard nodded towards the much taller Nord. “Alright! I’m ready!”

» WORDS - 590
    » OOC - Mmm. Just look at Brynn all up in her gear and what not. I KNOW SHE'S ALL OVER HILF. I KNOW IT.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    Having chosen to remain silent giving only a simple yet friendly nod to the redguard Brynn watched as the boy danced about snatching up the dulled blade then returning to once again set it at rest in Hlíf’Ulfr’s strong hands. His movements indeed were not musical in nature, nor would the average mind describe them as a dance but Brynn saw music, art, grace in everything even it seemed in this awkward youth. If he is to duel she noted mentally he will need his shield to protect from the boys blows. Again in truth although seeing this boy, who presented himself as Axel a strange name though Brynn as it echoed through her mind, as in fact a youth Brynn presumed they would fit inside the same age bracket. This could be possible for many reasons but it would seem most logical to deduce that this sense of early life came from the aura of innocence that encased the boy. This aura was for what Brynn assumed that Hlíf’Ulfr had already begun to befriend the redguard. Innocence, exempting that of fools was a trait that Hlíf’Ulfr had always been drawn to.

Peculiar looking thing, she though although not unkindly but in comparison to those that most often practiced behind her home With that… dwemer gear on his head, quite small as well. She quickly and with keen eyes took in the boy resisting the urge to circle him as might an animal of prey inspecting something unfamiliar. He was an interesting thing to observe indeed as he, without weapon placed himself in front of Hlíf and bowed. Then following a kind word of well wishes he shifted to a stance that displayed obviously his lack of intention to pick up a weapon and his obvious desire to duel as he was. Brynn was slightly perplex by this, not that she was confused by the fact that the boy used his own body as a weapon but as to the choice that Hlíf’Ulfr would make concerning the duel. She refused to underestimate the boy but she knew Hlíf’Ulfr well and dueling with someone that was unarmed would go against every fiber in his being but he had agreed to this. She waited watching Hlíf’Ulfr carefully waiting for him to make the decision.

Brynn, as usual had been completely right in her assumption that Hlíf grappled with what to do. He wanted to indulge the boy and see what he could do but thinking of skirmishing with an unarmed someone, duel or not without being forced into it by the others actions made him internally wince. In attempt to entertain the though he considered that his next move would be to obtain a shield. His owns edges were spiked so as he could use it as a weapon, often bending at the knees then lunging upwards to puncture his opponent’s neck as they pushed against his shield. He knew that his own shield would have no place in a duel as it had the ability to seriously harm the redguard unintentionally and so he must find another’s shield. He knew however as he wasted but a few seconds contemplating this dilemma that he had no choice that needed making. He knew by his own moral code, what he considered honourable he would not fight the boy in this condition. Then so he began his news with a sigh.

“My apologies to you... Axel Alt-Eisen but you see,” he paused an apologetic yet affable look spreading across his face “I don’t underestimate you, I saw the beating you were giving in practice earlier... It’s just, you see it’s… against my honour if you can find any sense in that. I apologise. You may if you like though; to show my charming companion here your skills take a few swings at me. Against my shield or not, it is as you please.”

He hoped this would compensate for his unwillingness to duel although he assumed he may come out of this with a few bruises. He looked over at Brynn and almost chuckled to himself, she had her head slightly down and was looking off to the side innocently. She never took compliments well from those closest to her; it was odd as most complements from strangers were well received. He continued to watch as she lifted her head and returned to normal as her attention seemed to be shifted to searching over the walls of Whiterun she was most likely thinking about the hunt as she had discussed the previous night, Hlíf’Ulfr’s return that she wished for them to hunt together the following day. His assumptions would be confirmed or disproved once she would turn to meet his gaze again but for how he placed his attention back on the redguard waiting for his response.

» WORDS - 803
    » OOC - My lizard senses are tingling, is there perhaps a giant red lizard near by? Hmm?

Acrylic

"Honour? Heh."
    The deep, masculine voice belonged to a giant, red-scaled Argonian. With a fanged smirk, the mercenary sauntered his way towards the training ground, obviously overhearing Hilf's polite decline. Blinking once, Axel turned around to eye the newcomer, and once his gaze fell over the beast-man, his eyebrows shot towards the top of his forehead. Immediately, the Argonian initiated eye contact, his vibrant green hues staring hard into the Redguard's dark-brown eyes. The stranger was huge, standing seven feet tall in height and weighing in at a solid three hundred pounds. The Saxhleel wore ebony-plated leggings and gloves, both crafted with a tinge of Daedric influence. For the most part, his muscled, toned upper body was bare, save for a black sash modified to serve as a vial holder. Test tubes lined its slots, filled with different potions and solutions. A sleek black scabbard was slung across the beastman's back, holding a massive, six foot long Ebony Great-sword. "Well well well, it's been a long time, hasn't it Axel?" the humanoid lizard said, a short smile curling across his face. Axel stared confusedly. How did this guy know his name? Even though he looked to be a complete stranger, Axel felt there was something strangely familiar about him, almost too familiar. Then it hit him.
    "J-Jye?!"
    The Argonian's smile grew so wide that all of the sharp, white teeth that lined his jaws were visible. "I knew you'd remember. You would've hurt my feelings if you didn't remember your best friend," Jye sneered, the tone in his voice making it clear that the two were anything but friends. "And you look as weak and feeble as ever." Jye mustered a short laugh while Axel looked down towards the ground in silence. Noticing Hilf and Brynn, the Argonian mercenary straightened himself up. "I apologize if I'm interrupting. You see, it has been a while since Axel and I have seen each other," Jye explained. "I suppose you haven't heard about me since I've left, have you Axel? I have made quite a name for myself as a skilled mercenary . . ." The Redguard twisted his mouth. "Mercenary?" he repeated, intrigued. "Yes. I mostly deal with criminals, but I do escort travelers from time to time. The job has netted me plenty of coin too," the Argonian grinned, his light green eyes flashing. "But never mind about that. What I'm interested in is seeing how you hold yourself in combat. Since this gentleman here isn't too interested in sparring you, I'd be more than happy to accommodate you."
    Axel suddenly grew extremely quiet. His visage turned incredibly stoic. Ever since the two of them were little, Jye always had the perception that Axel was inferior to him in every way. Even with the five years that had passed since Jye had left the village, his attitude about Axel didn't change one bit. However, after hearing Axel ask Hilf for a spar, Jye's curiosity peaked and he had to see the boy's combat prowess for himself, that is, if he had any to begin with. Clutching his hands tight, the young Redguard exhaled. "Fine Jye. Let's spar," he said, much to the Argonian's glee. A sharp-toothed smile sprouted on the reptile's face. He was almost giddy with excitement. "Perfect," he cooed, flexing his clawed fingers. Axel turned to address Hilf and Brynn. "I hope this is okay with the two of you," he stated, clearly not wanting to overstep his boundaries. "But I need to do this. I need to settle this right here and right now." Jye let out a deep, twisted laugh. "Bahaha! You speak as if you actually stand a chance!"
    His right hand clenched around the hilt of the great-sword strapped to his back. With a smooth gesture, the Argonian unsheathed the enormous, deadly weapon. Even with the Ebony great-sword's size and weight, Jye held it with ease with one hand, a clear testament to his ridiculous strength. Axel couldn't help but stare in amazement. "I'll go easy on you, though I feel that you could use a scar or two . . ." Jye chuckled, eagerly waiting for Axel to draw his weapon. Silently, the alchemist rummaged through his pockets before pulling out an ordinary pair of leather gloves. He slipped them calmly onto his hands with Jye staring befuddled all the while. With a controlled inhale and exhale, the twenty year old assumed his fighting stance. Judging from his stance alone, it was easy to see that he was trained and knew what he was doing. It took a moment for Jye to register that Axel didn't have any weapons on him and was actually choosing to fight bare-handed. The realization caused Jye to grin wildly. "You think you can beat me without a weapon!?" he laughed, finding the thought absolutely hilarious. "Suit yourself then!" The Argonian slipped into a battle-ready stance of his own. Flames encircled his gauntlets for a brief moment, a minor display of his magical prowess. The wild, toothy smile remained on the Saxhleel's face. A swift breeze billowed through the training field.
    A furious battle was in its wake.

» WORDS - 800
    » OOC - THE FIGHT HAPPENS.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    From the moment that the hulking red mass of scales had made his presence known to the point at which an apology was issued for his interjection the two nords had all but faded into the background. Upon being addressed Hli’ulfr began to form a response however it died before it left his mouth. It seemed that Jye would continue to focus his attention single mindedly on the poor boy he mockingly called his friend.

Hlif’Ulfr had begun to redirect his attention with a casual and lazy rising of his eyes as soon as the newcomer’s baritone voice had broken the momentary lull in speech but had otherwise stayed silently judging the Argonians pompous attitude behind a friendly smile that was rapidly becoming more difficult to maintain. Brynn in comparison had yet to raise her eyes from the sprawling landscape. She had sensed the immediate rise in tension and stood without acknowledgement as she listened to the butchering of a perfectly comfortable situation. His words to Brynn were smoke, heavy and black with self-importance. It was obvious that the argonian, Jye as he had introduced himself, was trying quite vigorously to impress onto Axel a certain idea of himself. It was to her almost entertaining, to a point.

Hlif not wanting in any way to show disrespect for Axel decided to withhold any comment, showing in his own way that he believed Axel could fight his own battles. It was not his place to get involved. He placed his hand on Brynns shoulder, jarring her from her near brooding state.

Let us give them room enough then.” Hlif’Ulfr muttered to Brynn as he lifted his hand and strode a few paces farther from the odd dueling partners. Brynn followed in suit with a nod continuing to avoid taking her first glance at the newcomer.

>>340
    >> OOC It will be better next time I promise