Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I haven't read through every post because I have a bloody life, however I from what I've seen no ones posted anything about the following

Ulrfric stormcloak's dossier in the embassy. If you care about taking mainland tamriel(all but summer set) from the thalmor join the imperials. If you want to play right into the thalmors plan, join the stormcloaks.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Thalmor_Dossier:_Ulfric_Stormcloak

I posted this. Two or three times in the last few pages.. It has been used in this discussion. Over and over again :coffee:

Don't even fl*ffing argue this post until you read and rehearsed the dossier on this discussion.

I can "fl*ffing argue" whatever I want. Thanks

Kat'ir

The Chill Of The Void
I don't know if this makes me a bad person or not, but I don't like stupid ignorant stubborn dumbasses. Just my opinion. Not saying any of you are I just don't like them.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I don't know if this makes me a bad person or not, but I don't like stupid ignorant stubborn dumbasses. Just my opinion. Not saying any of you are I just don't like them.

It indeed can't be very frustrating. Nothing wrong with ignorance, as long as people are willing to learn and move forward. Especially when they know they are being wrong but are either too arrogant/stubborn/childish to admit it.

Kat'ir

The Chill Of The Void
I concur. I got in a debate with my best friend about ulfric helping the thalmor(never said he was a traitor) and he didn't listen he just kept being childish...

Kat'ir

The Chill Of The Void
Well, when people turn to petty insults or personal attacks, that is a sign they are losing the debate. They ran out of arguments and decide to be rude. If people can't get their point across without typing in Caps Lock or name calling, they've lost already.

That is so true. He only had a hand full of reasons for his side if the debate

"Ulfric would never betray the stormcloaks!"
"He would never betray skyrim!"
"And the imperials just suck! The stormcloaks are way better"

As you can see no evidence, no valid argument.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Well, when people turn to petty insults or personal attacks, that is a sign they are losing the debate. They ran out of arguments and decide to be rude. If people can't get their point across without typing in Caps Lock or name calling, they've lost already.

That is so true. He only had a hand full of reasons for his side if the debate

"Ulfric would never betray the stormcloaks!"
"He would never betray skyrim!"
"And the imperials just suck! The stormcloaks are way better"

As you can see no evidence, no valid argument.

I have read good pro-Stormcloak arguments. It was really interesting. But it is not my job here to provide the opposition with points against me. ;) They will have to go out and read it for themselves. Good arguments don't fall from the sky, you know. And with opinions and morals you won't make it.

Kat'ir

The Chill Of The Void
Indeed. The only reason I joined the stormcloaks was because I thought the empire weak, and I didn't wanna kill Ralof after escaping with him. The captain is the only imperial who wronged me. (Aside from guards arresting me all the god damn time)

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Indeed. The only reason I joined the stormcloaks was because I thought the empire weak, and I didn't wanna kill Ralof after escaping with him. The captain is the only imperial who wronged me. (Aside from guards arresting me all the god damn time)

The Empire used to be weak, but they are rebuilding forces quickly. The moment you start the game, Legion troops are at the border of the Dominion - preparing for round 2.

Kat'ir

The Chill Of The Void
I know right. And skyrim is the "groin" of the empire. By starting a rebellion they are castrating the empire. If the nords were quiet about talos worship no one be arrested. If they started building troops with the empire they would build the empire again. If the Redguarda started training more and in the legion or in skyrim they would be able to rise with them increasing the strength greatly. Also by allowing the dunmer to stay in wind helm they'd have another ally. The dominion wouldn't stand a chance against the fourth(or fith?) empire.

That was long...

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I always liked how the Stormcloaks say their rebellion is about freedom of religion. Yet never once did we see anything about Talos come from Ulfric's lips, the only thing about Talos in the Stormcloak quest line is them black mailing a worshiper. Real freedom fighters.

So that leaves me to wonder, in what way can you black mail a Talos worshiper? Threaten to alert to Thalmor?

tumblr_m865t0NleE1rc6qzao1_500.jpg

Wouldn't put it past them.

Kat'ir

The Chill Of The Void
*clap, clap, clap* you sir I like! Though they ulfric has a nice voice. It's pretty damn badass. Also their outfits are dope

J

Jeremius

These are probably some of the main reasons to go into the Stormcloaks. I prefer to give my characters their own reasoning for the Civil War choice.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination

These are probably some of the main reasons to go into the Stormcloaks. I prefer to give my characters their own reasoning for the Civil War choice.

Me too. I have my opinions on a personal level. If I, as a person, had to pick a side, I would go with the Imperials. But I have many Stormcloak characters as well.

J

Jeremius

Me too. I have my opinions on a personal level. If I, as a person, had to pick a side, I would go with the Imperials. But I have many Stormcloak characters as well.

True, I just do not like Politics all that much, including morons being in charge, of either side.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination

True, I just do not like Politics all that much, including morons being in charge, of either side.

Oh well, sadly morons will always be in charge. Such is human nature. We live in 'packs' with clear hierarchies. Even without a government someone would try to get power. There will always be people trying to be the dominant one.

J

Jeremius

Oh well, sadly morons will always be in charge. Such is human nature. We live in 'packs' with clear hierarchies. Even without a government someone would try to get power. There will always be people trying to be the dominant one.

Yeah, but Monarchs should not rely on their court for every decision, like Elisif who changes her mind as soon as her steward and court wizard say something, either.