• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
and do me a favor.. PLEASE don't use Christ's name in vain, at least give me that much. you're evil enough as it is, no need to further implement this.
the blatant fact that i'm clearly in the right and you couldn't possibly be more in the wrong, yet still have everyone blindly agreeing with you simply means you're very good at using the power of persuasion, i dunno whether to be impressed or horrified.. and how you sit here and pretend that i don't provide facts to backup my statements proves your delusions know no bounds, its really sad.. but what bothers me the most about you is how you have all these people blindly taking your side despite you doing nothing more than proving me right with your silly accusations.
in a nut shell- you're a hypocrite with some serious delusions of grandeur, but well skilled at manipulating people "the power of persuasion" basically everything YOU are doing you're accusing ME of doing so to avoid your own actions becoming obvious and figured out, i see what you're doing and i'll admit its impressive.. usually i make short work of trolls online but you're obviously not small time like the ones i encounter on youtube, now obviously this is ONLY because of your manipulation of others, were you to try this by yourself i'd easily make you look like an idiot, but i'll give credit where its due for using the numbers game to your advantage. "To know your opponent is to know your own weaknesses and use his strengths to your advantage" like i said m8, impressive. victory is yours.. you've earned it. ;)

Ever considered people agree with me, over you, because I'm correct? Or at least I maintain the appearance of at least some dignity and sanity?

You keep referring to me as a troll, yet in all of your posts. You're generally trolling one person or another. I bet you are one of those youtube trolls.

You provide nothing, you have nothing. You just talk crap, all the time.

because i have.. many times, last time i had this debate i literally picked apart each and every supposed fact he made about the imperial legion and proved them false in huge detailed posts, my hands were actually sore from typing afterwords.. i simply don't feel like doing that again, and it wouldn't do me any good anyway cause he just went in circles when i tried that, conveniently avoiding all the questions which would clearly prove him wrong.. the only reason you're disagreeing with me is because like him you want to glorify the empire despite them being cowards who would rather aid an invading enemy then side with the resistance and fight for their own land, i will never understand guys like you.. but i'm treading on dangerous water here cause you sir are a moderator so i'm just going to agree to disagree with you.

I too would actually like to see the links to these so called facts you made me look like an idiot with. I have never even seen you present one correct fact, most times you're just off on a rant and just say stupid plops.

Shall we see what arguments you're on about?

These posts?

No, he's not, if the nords on this game were black people nobody would have ever made this assumption nor would they have started this foolish "ulfric is a racist" fanclub. It amazes me sometimes how incredibly stupid and hypocritical people can be. :rolleyes:

I don't believe that for one second because i've seen numerous other scenarios where black people on videogames, sitcoms, web shows and movies were being so overly obvious with there racism that it was like watching a hate speech and not one person so much as even questioned if it was racist. In actuality if the roles were reversed and redguards were in the role of nords and vice versa not only would everybody be on the side of redguards but anyone against them would be labeled a racist. Welcome to the harsh reality of "stupid people"

I'm such an idiot... who can deny the facts right there.

Or perhaps this one, in reference to a Great War veteran?

exactly, thats why i'm skeptical of him being an ex imperial, if what drunken says is true and he really did fight the thalmor than he's an ex stormcloak NOT a legionare, why would an imperial soldier attack one of their allies? nah.. thats just imperial fanboy nonsense.

Oh how could I have been so stupid? He fought the Aldmeri Dominion so he must be a Stormcloak, cause the Great War never happened in the magical land of where HappyFaceClown provides solid facts. Great war never occurred, cause Legionnaires never fought the Thalmor.

You're so right, I submit to your knowledge. Teach me, oh great and wise one.

I've never seen, nor has really anyone who has ever debated with you see a single correct fact from you. Hell no one has ever seen any fact from you, because you just spout crap and then call it facts as if it magically makes it so.

i just had my gf come in here, read my posts, the responses to them and asked her to give me an honest answer to if i was being out on line.. and the first thing she said afterwords and i quote "that drunk mage dude is troll bating you, u need to ignore him, he's trying to get you banned" now before you jump to conclusions bare in mind that this is a person who does not play video games nor has any clue of our usual debates on this site.. what does that tell you? and be honest.

Your palm doesn't count as your girlfriend. Oh snap.

In case I didn't cover it fully, this video explains it better.

AS88

Staff member
because i have.. many times, last time i had this debate i literally picked apart each and every supposed fact he made about the imperial legion and proved them false in huge detailed posts, my hands were actually sore from typing afterwords.. i simply don't feel like doing that again, and it wouldn't do me any good anyway cause he just went in circles when i tried that, conveniently avoiding all the questions which would clearly prove him wrong.. the only reason you're disagreeing with me is because like him you want to glorify the empire despite them being cowards who would rather aid an invading enemy then side with the resistance and fight for their own land, i will never understand guys like you.. but i'm treading on dangerous water here cause you sir are a moderator so i'm just going to agree to disagree with you.

Do you have a link? I'd like to read that post where you go through his arguments.

I don't have a reason to disagree with you, except for the fact that you're not presenting an argument supported by lore or evidence. I don't have anything to gain from supporting the Empire, in fact I used to read DM's posts and try to think of flaws in the arguments he made, and I still do. I came to the site favouring the Stormcloaks, in lieu of the evidence and lore I have now been exposed to and researched myself. I don't have anything to gain by way of status on the site by following him, because as you pointed out I already have a certain status by being a RP Mod based on my work there.

The point you're missing is that the Empire isn't actually doing anything to help the Dominion because they want to. They're tolerating them for now, and Tullius' dialogue makes it quite clear that he's frustrated about Ulfric delaying the Empire in being ready to take on the Thalmor in another war. I don't know how much you've played and listened to character dialogue, but DM posts much of what they say, and has in this thread, about the Empire's priority being to strengthen and consolidate before GWII, rather than the "sideshow" the Skyrim Civil War is providing.

The Empire hates the Dominion. That's why they are preparing for another war. That's why they loosely enforced the Talos ban. That's why there are Legions waiting on the Dominion's border. That's why they are rightly pi**** off at Ulfric and the Stormcloaks for throwing a spanner in the works. If Ulfric and his men joined with the Legion, then they would be going to war against the elves sooner than they will be if they continue their foolish and short-sighted war. If Skyrim and the other provinces of the Empire kept their faith in Mede II, then it's likely they'll be able to go back to ruling their provinces largely how they like sooner rather than later, rather than if a disjointed and fragmented group of provinces individually resist the Dominion.
i wish i did, can't remember what thread it was on but just look over all his imperial rants and you'll find it eventually.. and where are you getting this info that the legion isn't sided with the thalmor? they're even enforcing thalmor law! why on earth would an army who's main goal is to go to war with someone be enforcing their will throughout the land? try and understand things from my perspective so you can see how insane that sounds to me..
and btw, just to give you guys the benefit of the doubt "cause it is early and i'm kinda ill when i first wake up" i just had my gf come in here, read my posts, the responses to them and asked her to give me an honest answer to if i was being out on line.. and the first thing she said afterwords and i quote "that drunk mage dude is troll bating you, u need to ignore him, he's trying to get you banned" now before you jump to conclusions bare in mind that this is a person who does not play video games nor has any clue of our usual debates on this site.. what does that tell you? and be honest.

I can see your side of the argument, but I don't agree with it. Okay, let me try something different..

Imagine you run a business. Your business has been very successful in the past, and you have lots of customers and a great market share. Recently, though, another business (who have bought an old brand) name has formed and is starting to take a market share of your business. Before long, they release press releases, slandering your company and claiming that they will take the market from you. You are noble and don't react, until they bring a massive lawsuit against you trying to patent certain ideas, take swathes of the market and take away a lot of your customers.

The battle in the market has meant that you've both had to make huge sacrifices, and both businesses are struggling to stay afloat. It is then that you come to an agreement. You allow them to patent the idea based on them agreeing not to make certain products which would mean further encroachment on your customer base and staff. You're not happy with it, but you know that the agreement is the only way that you'll be able to keep the business afloat that you worked so hard to buy in the first place.

The agreement is working out okay, and your Directors are considering how best to retake your share of the market, and getting rid of the threat of the other company. You're doing well, and the company is showing signs of recovering quicker than your competitor, despite having to work with them on some things as part of the agreement made a few years ago. It is then that a small section of your workforce (who until this point have been a key component of the business) start to inform the media of their intention to work against the agreement the companies share, and try to garner support in other employees of your company. They know what they're doing will weaken their employer, but they want to move away from your company and act against the agreement and possibly work for you on a contractor basis. They claim to be working in the interests of what your business used to stand for.

Do you
a) Allow the employees to leave freely, significantly weakening your business and making it liable to acquisition by the rival company. (Soon enough the rival company buys out those who left your business, and your business is run into the ground)
b) Immediately try to sink the other business by throwing everything into the next couple of years and hope for the best. (The risky strategy pays off insofar as the other business going bust, but another company takes the majority of the market from under your nose)
c) Try to play the long game and uphold the agreement with your rival, and try to regain the favour of your employees and keep them in line, explaining to them that the business is desperately trying to consolidate it's workforce and customer base with the aim of launching a massive attack when closer to full strength. (The old employees return and you work together to provide the best service, eventually toppling the other company)

Hopefully a different perspective might make you think in a more balanced way.

If your girlfriend says that DM is "troll baiting" you, maybe she's implying something in saying that he is using troll bait to lure you into continuing in this way? ;)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
If your girlfriend says that DM is "troll baiting" you, maybe she's implying something in saying that he is using troll bait to lure you into continuing in this way? ;)

Still never seen any of these facts he raves on about, it's one thing to talk about it. Another to show it. "I beat DrunkenMage in a post before, made my fingers sore" Yeah, conveniently forgets where the hell this post even is.

I for one, would love to see this post of his.

I bet it was the "Ulfric wouldn't be racist if he were redguard. derp"

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
and do me a favor.. PLEASE don't use Christ's name in vain, at least give me that much. you're evil enough as it is, no need to further implement this.
the blatant fact that i'm clearly in the right and you couldn't possibly be more in the wrong, yet still have everyone blindly agreeing with you simply means you're very good at using the power of persuasion, i dunno whether to be impressed or horrified.. and how you sit here and pretend that i don't provide facts to backup my statements proves your delusions know no bounds, its really sad.. but what bothers me the most about you is how you have all these people blindly taking your side despite you doing nothing more than proving me right with your silly accusations.
in a nut shell- you're a hypocrite with some serious delusions of grandeur, but well skilled at manipulating people "the power of persuasion" basically everything YOU are doing you're accusing ME of doing so to avoid your own actions becoming obvious and figured out, i see what you're doing and i'll admit its impressive.. usually i make short work of trolls online but you're obviously not small time like the ones i encounter on youtube, now obviously this is ONLY because of your manipulation of others, were you to try this by yourself i'd easily make you look like an idiot, but i'll give credit where its due for using the numbers game to your advantage. "To know your opponent is to know your own weaknesses and use his strengths to your advantage" like i said m8, impressive. victory is yours.. you've earned it. ;)

Ever considered people agree with me, over you, because I'm correct? Or at least I maintain the appearance of at least some dignity and sanity?

I too would actually like to see the links to these so called facts you made me look like an idiot with. I have never even seen you present one correct fact, most times you're just off on a rant and just say stupid pl***.

Shall we see what arguments you're on about?

These posts?

No, he's not, if the nords on this game were black people nobody would have ever made this assumption nor would they have started this foolish "ulfric is a racist" fanclub. It amazes me sometimes how incredibly stupid and hypocritical people can be. :rolleyes:

I don't believe that for one second because i've seen numerous other scenarios where black people on videogames, sitcoms, web shows and movies were being so overly obvious with there racism that it was like watching a hate speech and not one person so much as even questioned if it was racist. In actuality if the roles were reversed and redguards were in the role of nords and vice versa not only would everybody be on the side of redguards but anyone against them would be labeled a racist. Welcome to the harsh reality of "stupid people"

I'm such an idiot... who can deny the facts right there.

Or perhaps this one, in reference to a Great War veteran?

exactly, thats why i'm skeptical of him being an ex imperial, if what drunken says is true and he really did fight the thalmor than he's an ex stormcloak NOT a legionare, why would an imperial soldier attack one of their allies? nah.. thats just imperial fanboy nonsense.

Oh how could I have been so stupid? He fought the Aldmeri Dominion so he must be a Stormcloak, cause the Great War never happened in the magical land of where HappyFaceClown provides solid facts. Great war never occurred, cause Legionnaires never fought the Thalmor.

You're so right, I submit to your knowledge. Teach me, oh great and wise one.

I've never seen, nor has really anyone who has ever debated with you see a single correct fact from you. Hell no one has ever seen any fact from you, because you just spout crap and then call it facts as if it magically makes it so.

i just had my gf come in here, read my posts, the responses to them and asked her to give me an honest answer to if i was being out on line.. and the first thing she said afterwords and i quote "that drunk mage dude is troll bating you, u need to ignore him, he's trying to get you banned" now before you jump to conclusions bare in mind that this is a person who does not play video games nor has any clue of our usual debates on this site.. what does that tell you? and be honest.

Your palm doesn't count as your girlfriend. Oh snap.
wow.. just.. wow.. you seriously have no life what-so-ever aside from this site do you? even tho i didn't read most of your text wall it speaks highly of just how pathetic your existence must be.. in response to your cheap shot, maybe if you didn't waste all your time trolling on a website you'd have a gf yourself? don't get your panties in a knot just cause i unlike you have a life outside of skyrimforum.com, i'll bet school must have been hell for you? i can't even imagine the bullying you must have gone through, and this must be your way of "getting back at the world" huh? lol you poor thing.. gotta admit i feel guilty now, like i've been kicking a sick puppy or something.. i'll just leave you alone now.
AS88- question- what are you his father? or does he have you on a pay role or something? i'm just curious cause every troll riddled post he makes you throw a "like" at, as if its your duty or something, he's a big boy, can't he fight his own online battles? also as a moderator aren't you supposed to "discipline troll behavior" not encourage it? :confused:

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
wow.. just.. wow.. you seriously have no life what-so-ever aside from this site do you? even tho i didn't read most of your text wall it speaks highly of just how pathetic your existence must be.. in response to your cheap shot, maybe if you didn't waste all your time trolling on a website you'd have a gf yourself? don't get your panties in a knot just cause i unlike you have a life outside of skyrimforum.com, i'll bet school must have been hell for you? i can't even imagine the bullying you must have gone through, and this must be your way of "getting back at the world" huh? lol you poor thing.. gotta admit i feel guilty now, like i've been kicking a sick puppy or something.. i'll just leave you alone now.
AS88- question- what are you his father? or does he have you on a pay role or something? i'm just curious cause every troll riddled post he makes you throw a "like" at, as if its your duty or something, he's a big boy, can't he fight his own online battles? also as a moderator aren't you supposed to "discipline troll behavior" not encourage it? :confused:

Everything you post, is just laughable to the point it is also kind of sad. You are the little victim in it all, poor clown one moment. Poor the person you've been quoting next moment.

You're pathetic, Lol. Everyone in this thread can see it, why else do you think everyone is agreeing with everyone... except you. Cause I'm manipulating them? No, it is because you're just a troll who has nothing to contribute other than bullplops.

You should grow up, champ.

AS88

Staff member

Considering the fact that I think he's older than me, no.

I wish I could get on a payroll for liking well-reasoned, consistent and evidenced debating, that'd be awesome!

Yes, as a moderator it is part of my job to try to minimise troll activity and personal insults. That's why I've reported your conduct to the moderator who has more authority than me. I could just ban you on the spot, because I have that ability, but I've allowed you to dig yourself a deeper hole and provide more and more evidence as to why I reported your abuse.

AS88

Staff member

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

I wish I could get on a payroll for liking well-reasoned, consistent and evidenced debating, that'd be awesome!

Yes, as a moderator it is part of my job to try to minimise troll activity and personal insults. That's why I've reported your conduct to the moderator who has more authority than me. I could just ban you on the spot, because I have that ability, but I've allowed you to dig yourself a deeper hole and provide more and more evidence as to why I reported your abuse.
so lemme get this strait.. its OK for the drunken douche to blatantly insult others, however it is NOT ok for anyone including myself to defend ourselves against his insults? yea... see where i'm going with this? gotta tell ya m8, i've met some hypocrites in my day but you guys... lol wow.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
so lemme get this strait.. its OK for the drunken douche to blatantly insult others, however it is NOT ok for anyone including myself to defend ourselves against his insults? yea... see where i'm going with this? gotta tell ya m8, i've met some hypocrites in my day but you guys... lol wow.

Now you're the victim again? I thought I was the victim a minute ago, hypocritical much.

AS88

Staff member

Look back through the thread. Are all of the people who side with us wrong? Are all the people who up-voted Mage and I, and down-voted you wrong, too? The fact that you're calling us out for being hypocrites is incredible.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation

Now you're the victim again? I thought I was the victim a minute ago, hypocritical much.
never said you were a victim, just a hypocrite and obvious troll who somehow has a moderator in his back pocket.. what an amazing life achievement m8, you must be very proud of yourself.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
you can only imagine the torture methods they used on the poor guy..
standalone

and btw, just to give you guys the benefit of the doubt "cause it is early and i'm kinda ill when i first wake up" i just had my gf come in here, read my posts, the responses to them and asked her to give me an honest answer to if i was being out on line.. and the first thing she said afterwords and i quote "that drunk mage dude is troll bating you, u need to ignore him, he's trying to get you banned" now before you jump to conclusions bare in mind that this is a person who does not play video games nor has any clue of our usual debates on this site.. what does that tell you? and be honest.
It tells me that she thinks you need to chill out and not get so worked up over a video game.

most of these people are obviously agreeing with you cause they are afraid not to, and i can't blame them!

For what it's worth, I sided with the Empire long before I met DrunkenMage.
Granted, since I've met him he's somehow come under the impression that I have Lydia's voice actress tied up in my basement...

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
you can only imagine the torture methods they used on the poor guy..
standalone

It tells me that she thinks you need to chill out and not get so worked up over a video game.

most of these people are obviously agreeing with you cause they are afraid not to, and i can't blame them!

For what it's worth, I sided with the Empire long before I met DrunkenMage.
Granted, since I've met him he's somehow come under the impression that I have Lydia's voice actress tied up in my basement...
there! i deleted the post! now stop being nice, you're freaking me out..
and for the record- i'm not the one getting worked up over a videogame, that would be drunko.. i'm the one getting gang hated for simply having a different opinion.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
That maybe so, but the discrimination that he holds towards all other races is undeserving. As I recall the Thalmor tortured him yes? So why do the Argonians have to live outside of the city? What is the justification for that? Because he was tortured by Thalmor he now hates all races but his own? How senseless.
there is no proof that he discriminates against any other race, thats "made up imperial fanboy bs" meant to demonize them, its not actually true.. most towns people who support the stormcloaks do in fact resent elves because they refuse to help Ulfric and his cause, NOT just cause they are elves. as for argonians you won't find any in most imperial controlled holds either, whiterun for example has no argonians, of course imperial fanboys won't tell you that.. lol

Need I remind you that Argonians are notorious dockworkers and as such mainly live in areas around the sea and lakes, take windhelm for example, and because of this they would have no reason to live in somehwhere as central and Whiterun. They are also numbered in Riften because of the Lake there, and the docks. I noticed in Riften though that they are actually allowed inside of the city, whether it is controlled by the Stormcloaks or the Imperials, this does not reflect well on Ulfric.
What is a "notorsious dockworker"? It sounds lake a gay punk band from 70s NYC. :) Agree though. The only place I've ever seen Argos not have any issues are Riften and Solitude. Of course they are constantly wandering about Skyrim trying to kill me, but, hey, everybody needs a hobby, I guess. :)

Daelon DuLac

Haha, had nothing other than giving my post a negative rating? Classic Stormcloaks...
it doesn't matter how much i prove you wrong on this m8, you're going to believe what you want.. as for the book you posted, from what little i read of it, all it consisted of is made up nonsense you mostly posted yourself, you're not fooling anyone.. i could do the same thing if i wanted but like you it would prove nothing.. now take your fanboyism else where, good gosh you're an annoying little man, you're like a dog with a frizbee.. :rolleyes:
What book? I thought those were direct quotes from the game dialogue. I know I've heard all those things said. I could be wrong though. Y'all know how delusional I am.

BTW: I figured I go Stormie this time as I'm a Nord that kills everything and everyone that's not a Nord anyhow, so I thought I'd fit right in. :)

Daelon DuLac

To answer the original question, I look at it like:

If you're playing the sort of character that seems to be a "Freedom Fighter" and has big dreams and ideals, then the Stormies are a great faction to join. There's a real brotherhood and some of the dialogue and the cooperation between some of the NPCs and you is great.

If you're playing the sort of character that is about law and order and tends to take a longer view of politics and history then the Imperials is the way to go. It's more regimented and more like being in an army.

I've had fun playing both sides and usually base it on the character I'm playing.

I'm torn on my current Nord, but, he's worked out to pretty much hate everyone that's not a Nord or working for a Nord; loathes all elves, drug dealers, Thalmor, bandits, mages and luvs to hunt and doesn't mind khajit and argonians (although he does consider them lesser beings and wishes they could be skinned to make clothing and boots), so he'll probably go Stormie. I'm not playing him as terribly bright and he's very young, so I would guess his ideals will get the better of him.

Sometimes, for me, it comes down to who has the better equipment and which Jarls get replaced.

I like to get Siddgear replaced 'cause he's such a douche so I go Stormie, but, I am totally in luv with Maven so I go Imperial.

Choices! Choices!

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Haha, had nothing other than giving my post a negative rating? Classic Stormcloaks...
it doesn't matter how much i prove you wrong on this m8, you're going to believe what you want.. as for the book you posted, from what little i read of it, all it consisted of is made up nonsense you mostly posted yourself, you're not fooling anyone.. i could do the same thing if i wanted but like you it would prove nothing.. now take your fanboyism else where, good gosh you're an annoying little man, you're like a dog with a frizbee.. :rolleyes:
What book? I thought those were direct quotes from the game dialogue. I know I've heard all those things said. I could be wrong though. Y'all know how delusional I am.

BTW: I figured I go Stormie this time as I'm a Nord that kills everything and everyone that's not a Nord anyhow, so I thought I'd fit right in. :)
just another of drunkerd's rants i got suckered into, in all honesty it is my fault.. i should have known better, i knew the second i posted in this thread it was gonna end badly for me.. *sigh* when am i gonna learn to start listening to myself and reconsider my actions when i get these gut feelings.. problem is this time its likely gonna get me banned from the site, no going back this time and i got only myself to blame..
i'm thinking about just deleting all my posts on this thread, i really don't want this side of me to be the last thing people on here remember me by.. lesson learned, sometimes its best to swallow your pride, especially on the internet.

Daelon DuLac

just another of drunkerd's rants i got suckered into, in all honesty it is my fault.. i should have known better, i knew the second i posted in this thread it was gonna end badly for me.. *sigh* when am i gonna learn to start listening to myself and reconsider my actions when i get these gut feelings.. problem is this time its likely gonna get me banned from the site, no going back this time and i got only myself to blame..
i'm thinking about just deleting all my posts on this thread, i really don't want this side of me to be the last thing people on here remember me by.. lesson learned, sometimes its best to swallow your pride, especially on the internet.
But we LIKE this side of you! Of course we also LIKE Drunken's side too! :) We're just weird that way. :)