• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Opium_Bunny

Glass armor just doesn't seem to fit in a game where everything is horribly sapped of bright colors. I downloaded a mod to change the color of the green to brown. Much more fitting now.

Texaz2008

Veterans love to Game too!
I think i read somewhere about it and it isnt glass per say its more like crystal stuff. and crystals are hard.. but they can be heavy sooo makes you think why is it in the light family.. BUT WHERE ARE THE GLASS SWORDS AT. look in morrowind they had ork armor and ork weapons... also had med armor class. oblivion no ork weapons but had ork armor... BUT NO MED ARMOR CLASS nowwwwwwww there is glass armor.. no glass weapons no medium armor but ork weapons and armor. just depressing i feel like while advancing the game they are taking things away as well. which is depressing because a person who wants to play a ranger has to play light armor when in all other fantasies they can wear light-med or chained/scaled mail type armor.

Static

I think i read somewhere about it and it isnt glass per say its more like crystal stuff. and crystals are hard.. but they can be heavy sooo makes you think why is it in the light family.. BUT WHERE ARE THE GLASS SWORDS AT. look in morrowind they had ork armor and ork weapons... also had med armor class. oblivion no ork weapons but had ork armor... BUT NO MED ARMOR CLASS nowwwwwwww there is glass armor.. no glass weapons no medium armor but ork weapons and armor. just depressing i feel like while advancing the game they are taking things away as well. which is depressing because a person who wants to play a ranger has to play light armor when in all other fantasies they can wear light-med or chained/scaled mail type armor.

There are glass weapons.

Static

Vendors start selling them occasionally at about level 30, and I think some NPCs begin to use them at about that level too. That or you could get smithing up to 70 and take Glass smithing and make them yourself.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Gore gro, I said latent BI-sexuals, not homo.

And I meant a slender Ninja with real skills and no armor versus a loud brawling Konan type in armor who looks mean and has a lot of raw strength- but that means nothing against a Ninja!!! lol , i'm older than i sound, just crude metaphors!

Looking threatening may convey some psychological advantage against lesser opponents. Army uniforms are designed for functionality and camouflage, I believe. Police look badass with black gear because they are meant to intimidate civilians who don't have a chance against them anyway.

As for 'the most badass gets to be on top', yes they do, in a quasi-medieval society especially.

BEING BADASS AIN'T THE SAME AS LOOKING BADASS, lol, bumper sticker.

Yes, they get to be on top, but the badass vibe also appeals to other wannabes.

Texaz2008

sigh i guess im retarded i just googled the images.. and i thought they were elven weapons.. (retardation at its finest right here)

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
The first post of this thread makes me want to make the thread starter a woman in a very, very painful manor.

Settle petal. It's a big wide world and this is a public forum, people are allowed to have differing opinions. Let's not resort to cutting off people's sexual organs simply because you don't like what someone has to say. My wife quite likes where my wang is currently located thanks.

Edit: lol, I just seen your a 17 year old girl! I probably shouldn't have wasted my time with justification. Your 17, you must know everything.

Texaz2008

(im in the army. and seeing our camo in the woods.. you will realize it doesn't work lololol and cops wearing black doesnt mean they are badass lol its just tradition not intimidation.

Texaz2008

Settle petal. It's a big wide world and this is a public forum, people are allowed to have differing opinions. Let's not resort to cutting off people's sexual organs simply because you don't like what someone has to say. My wife quite likes where my wang is currently located thanks.

Edit: lol, I just seen your a 17 year old girl! I probably shouldn't have wasted my time with justification. Your 17, you must know everything.

.... 17 + female x Hormornes= long argument and worth anyones time :) lolol

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
Large men wearing black are generally more intimidating than large men wearing any other colour , that is why is "tradition" for cops to dress in black. That is why the Men In Black dress in black and fly black helicopters.

Texaz2008

Large men wearing black are generally more intimidating than large men wearing any other colour , that is why is "tradition" for cops to dress in black. That is why the Men In Black dress in black and fly black helicopters.

If that is the case, then why dont I wear all black, large man wearing camo with an assualt rifle body armor 7.62 grade .. grenades, helmet ...is alot more intimidating than a large man wearing black body armor 9mm grade and a pistol??? its tradition because of the badge.. the badges were silver,nickel,gold,copper... all shiny metals easy to see against a black background for people to run up to and ask for help. it was for identification purposes.. not badassery.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Black is also more stain resistant and easy to launder... It's true.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

I think the logic is that it isn't real glass, it's volcanic glass similar to obsidian. Besides, this is a universe where magic and dragons exist and Gods use mortals as their play things, I think glass armour is one of the least weird things you'd expect. :p

Yes, it's made from moonstone and malachite: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malachite

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
NYPD wear black, DCPD wears mostly blue while some other departments wear khaki colored shirts.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
Police in Australia wear light blue shirts with dark blue pants. Their tac vests are dark blue but.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer

Learn to recognize sarcasm. If I was actually offended in a serious manor, I would have made a post detailing that.

And I am not a girl, little boy. My age does not mean I am a stupid duck faced girl on Facebook. That being said, you being married and 22 does not make you better than me, nor a man or "manly".