What is "going too far" for you?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mewness

Trans-Neptunian Object
For some reason, I don't steal unless it's a quest. I don't consider stealing to be an incredibly horrible thing to do--it's certainly better than murder, and I usually have no problem killing Grelod the Kind--but I don't steal. Even my Guildmaster of the Thieves' Guild only steals for quests.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Crime. Any crime for some reason bothers me. It's not the actual action. It's the fact it's recorded on the pause stats. Seeing 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0 makes me flip out. I've started characters over for it.

...I think I have a problem.
you think you have a problem, I have restarted the entire game because
I was not paying attention to the screen for 5 seconds, must never lose focus in the game when I am playing it or I might miss something important,.
Wow! just... wow! o_O

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I don't take dogs as followers. I bought Vigilance once. But then I ran ahead of him and I mistook him for a wolf in the distance and I shot him down with my bow. I felt like the most disgusting human being on the planet. I just sat there in front of my tv, internally sobbing. Then I went back to an old save and managed to avoid killing him again. We went to Blackreach together and he was killed by the Falmer. I put flowers all over his body, said a few words, and vowed to never take an animal follower again.
Have you ever tried getting Barbas as an animal follower? Barbas is an invulnerable "dog" you get as a follower as part of Clavicus Vile's Daedric Quest A Daedra's Best Friend (he's actually a shapeshifting Daedra and companion of Clavicus Vile but he usually takes the form of a dog on Nirn). You can keep him as a follower indefinitely as long as you don't finish the quest and you can dismiss him and recruit him again at Haemar's Shame cavern.

Just don't stop by any high cliffs or ledges while he's your follower......

I don't kill rabbits, horkers or foxes. I do kill deer and elk for their petty souls to enchant items to level Enchanting, and for the male's large antlers which are an ingredient for the most expensive craftable potion in the game. I generally refrain from killing Giants and Mammoths whenever possible.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Lots of things. I don't go around killing people for no reason, I don't walk on tables to knock things off, marriage, adoption, smithing, enchanting, alchemy (never use potions), magic of every type (including shouts), looting, stealing, vampirism, lycanthropy, but my bosmer was a cannibal.
Damn dude! Not killing innocent people or getting married i can agree with but everything else wth? Your basically refraining from doing anything that makes the game fun, why even play? lol

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I don't take dogs as followers. I bought Vigilance once. But then I ran ahead of him and I mistook him for a wolf in the distance and I shot him down with my bow. I felt like the most disgusting human being on the planet. I just sat there in front of my tv, internally sobbing. Then I went back to an old save and managed to avoid killing him again. We went to Blackreach together and he was killed by the Falmer. I put flowers all over his body, said a few words, and vowed to never take an animal follower again.

I'm kinda the same way. I'm afraid to take animal followers because they do die very easily, either by my hand or something else's. That's why I rarely have one, and hesitate before taking one most of the time.

Chadonraz

Crime. Any crime for some reason bothers me. It's not the actual action. It's the fact it's recorded on the pause stats. Seeing 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0 makes me flip out. I've started characters over for it.

You're not the only one. I once abandoned a level ~15 character for that exact reason. I didn't know killing Alva in Movarth's lair (during "Laid to Rest") would count as a murder... -.-

With another character I found out that
becoming Thane of the Rift (at least when Laila's the Jarl) can't be done without getting +1 Trespassing. That really made no sense, since the JARL gave me the key to that storehouse, and asked me to go there.
Yet another reason to dislike Riften. -.-
I didn't abandon that character (he was level 20+, IIRC), but it was a close call.

---

Things I consider going too far:

- killing goats/horses/cows/foxes, even if they for some reason (Spriggans, or I accidentally hit them) attack me
- killing dogs, except if they attack me
- becoming a vampire (especially if feeding on non-villain NPCs)
- taking cannibalism any further than is required to complete that certain quest

These are things I can never bring myself to do; or if I do, I feel really bad afterwards. However, since I'm an achievement hunter, I fear I'll have to create my first vampiric character at some point... :S

Ivory

Let's Player

You're not the only one. I once abandoned a level ~15 character for that exact reason. I didn't know killing Alva in Movarth's lair (during "Laid to Rest") would count as a murder... -.-

With another character I found out that
becoming Thane of the Rift (at least when Laila's the Jarl) can't be done without getting +1 Trespassing. That really made no sense, since the JARL gave me the key to that storehouse, and asked me to go there.
Yet another reason to dislike Riften. -.-
I didn't abandon that character (he was level 20+, IIRC), but it was a close call.

---

Things I consider going too far:

- killing goats/horses/cows/foxes, even if they for some reason (Spriggans, or I accidentally hit them) attack me
- killing dogs, except if they attack me
- becoming a vampire (especially if feeding on non-villain NPCs)
- taking cannibalism any further than is required to complete that certain quest

These are things I can never bring myself to do; or if I do, I feel really bad afterwards. However, since I'm an achievement hunter, I fear I'll have to create my first vampiric character at some point... :S
Attacking an animal without sneaking is considered assault on the list as well.

Chadonraz

Attacking an animal without sneaking is considered assault on the list as well.

True, but it makes more sense than getting +1 Murder for killing a freaking vampire. Especially if the animal is a (usually) non-hostile, like a goat or a cow. :)

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
I won't eat human flesh; I'd rather kill everyone in that flesh eating room and gather up all their keys.

I won't use the Ebony Blade, because it requires you to kill innocent people to fuel its power.

I won't kill Bunnies, Deer, Elk, or Netches. I once played with a baby Netch on the shores of Solstheim. It was adorable.

I won't kill dragons who are killing giants, trolls, bandits, or Forsworn that are in my path.

I won't kill dragons emerging (being born) from oblivion. Standing behind a rock and watching that process is like witnessing the birth of a child.

THAT SAID, My 8-year-old thinks our children in Hearthfire should be allowed to have baby dragons as pets.

I agree on the most points, except I still murder all Dragons. I need them bones to make my arrows. :D

I never saw a dragon emerging tho! I would like to see that!

I would venture to wager that very few people have seen that. They come out of those round pits that from a distance look like they're going to be barrows, but as you approach, you realize it just looks like a shallow crater. it glows blue, and blue "fire" shoots up to the sky, and the dragon emerges, helped by some kind of a mid-wife dragon already on the outside. They they both fly away.
That so called midwife dragon is actually Alduin bringing the other dragon back to life

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
So those burial mounds are actually giant Dragon vaginas? :eek:
They're graves for Dragons that were slain in the Dragon War:
The Dragon War said:
The war was long and bloody. The dragon priests were overthrown and dragons were slaughtered in large numbers. The surviving dragons scattered, choosing to live in remote places away from men. The dragon cult itself adapted and survived. They built the dragon mounds, entombing the remains of dragons that fell in the war. They believed that one day the dragons would rise again and reward the faithful.

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.
Well I tend to play mercenary characters... I like a good amoral stance to start a game from helps me get into my stride for a first playthrough. However I did come across one incident where I was unable to break an apparently amoral characters rules.

The feast of Namira quest: I had been contracted by the priest to clear out the Draugr and then while still under contract with him, as far as post sale agreements go. It was required of me to kill and eat him... I couldn't do it. We had a bill of sale so I was forced by my characters ethics in regards to the nature of service based contracts to save him and kill all the Namira followers.

tx12001

Well I tend to play mercenary characters... I like a good amoral stance to start a game from helps me get into my stride for a first playthrough. However I did come across one incident where I was unable to break an apparently amoral characters rules.

The feast of Namira quest: I had been contracted by the priest to clear out the Draugr and then while still under contract with him, as far as post sale agreements go. It was required of me to kill and eat him... I couldn't do it. We had a bill of sale so I was forced by my characters ethics in regards to the nature of service based contracts to save him and kill all the Namira followers.
hey if you are a vampire or a werewolf would that help ease your mind

Start Dale

I got 99 problems but a Deadra ain't one.

hey if you are a vampire or a werewolf would that help ease your mind

As long as I wasn't under contract with the priest I should be able to do it.

Alissa DeWitt

Beer Wench
I don't pick up skooma, not even to sell it. My character is against it. Moon sugar is fine. Skooma is not.

I don't rob beggars. They have enough problems. I usually don't rob poor farmers either. If I pick their vegetables I put gold in their pockets. I was happy when someone actually made a mod you can bu vegetables from farmers. Never again do I have to feel guilty about wiping out a farmer's crop of wheat. I don't rob caravaneers (fellow Khajiit) either. Everyone else if fair to pickpocket... especially guards.

I kill all vampires. I hate vampires.

I also kill all dragons not matter if they are emerging from oblivion or not. I don't see anything endearing about it. They will just turn around and burn all humans in sight. I protect humans. They must die. The ones that don't kill humans can live.

I don't feel bad about killing non-aggressive animals. We all have to eat. However, I don't kill everything in sight. I only kill what I need.

If someone yields I let them run away (I have a mod that makes them non aggressive after they yield).

I leave giants and mammoths alone unless I am doing a bounty. They usually just want to be left alone, so I leave them alone.

tx12001

I don't pick up skooma, not even to sell it. My character is against it. Moon sugar is fine. Skooma is not.

I don't rob beggars. They have enough problems. I usually don't rob poor farmers either. If I pick their vegetables I put gold in their pockets. I was happy when someone actually made a mod you can bu vegetables from farmers. Never again do I have to feel guilty about wiping out a farmer's crop of wheat. I don't rob caravaneers (fellow Khajiit) either. Everyone else if fair to pickpocket... especially guards.

I also kill all dragons not matter if they are emerging from oblivion or not. I don't see anything endearing about it. They will just turn around and burn all humans in sight. I protect humans. They must die. The ones that don't kill humans can live.

I don't feel bad about killing non-aggressive animals. We all have to eat. However, I don't kill everything in sight. I only kill what I need.

If someone yields I let them run away (I have a mod that makes them non aggressive after they yield).

I leave giants and mammoths alone unless I am doing a bounty. They usually just want to be left alone, so I leave them alone.
yeah we have to eat don't be jealous that vampires are higher on the food chain

Alissa DeWitt

Beer Wench

yeah we have to eat don't be jealous that vampires are higher on the food chain

I usually become a werewolf. So it isn't about the food chain. My character is vampire-phobic. Just something about a disease that turns you undead creeps her out.

Avaloan

I don't kill innocents unless it's really necessary (like if they witness to something, if it's a part of a quest)
I don't steal unless it's really necessary (like if it's a part of the quest or if the thing is quite valuable)
I don't kill animals unless it's really necessary(like if it's hard to find leather and leather strips)
I don't rape (I have sexlab mod which has some rape animations and it has mods that allow to rape people, I keep it for have consensual sex but sometimes NPCs start raping me xD if my character doesn't wear anything and roam in a public place ^_^ the probability is high if the NPC is drunken or low class)
I don't eat human flesh either (I saw there are a massive amount of human flesh in the fort Valkyrie)
I don't do other crimes either unless it's really necessary. I follow the law in skyrim so I rarely get imprisoned or fined.
I don't kill beasts,dragons or any creature who don't attack me unless it's really necessary. ( I simply ignore them because there is no reason to attack them)
I run away sometimes if I am not powerful enough to face to the opponent.

actually even in Saints row I don't kill people for no reason but I noticed most of people start killing people for fun.it creeps me out.