What is "going too far" for you?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I won't eat human flesh; I'd rather kill everyone in that flesh eating room and gather up all their keys.

I won't use the Ebony Blade, because it requires you to kill innocent people to fuel its power.

I won't kill Bunnies, Deer, Elk, or Netches. I once played with a baby Netch on the shores of Solstheim. It was adorable.

I won't kill dragons who are killing giants, trolls, bandits, or Forsworn that are in my path.

I won't kill dragons emerging (being born) from oblivion. Standing behind a rock and watching that process is like witnessing the birth of a child.

THAT SAID, My 8-year-old thinks our children in Hearthfire should be allowed to have baby dragons as pets.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I won't eat human flesh; I'd rather kill everyone in that flesh eating room and gather up all their keys.

I won't use the Ebony Blade, because it requires you to kill innocent people to fuel its power.

I won't kill Bunnies, Deer, Elk, or Netches. I once played with a baby Netch on the shores of Solstheim. It was adorable.

I won't kill dragons who are killing giants, trolls, bandits, or Forsworn that are in my path.

I won't kill dragons emerging (being born) from oblivion. Standing behind a rock and watching that process is like witnessing the birth of a child.

THAT SAID, My 8-year-old thinks our children in Hearthfire should be allowed to have baby dragons as pets.

I agree on the most points, except I still murder all Dragons. I need them bones to make my arrows. :D

I never saw a dragon emerging tho! I would like to see that!

ColleenG

I agree on the most points, except I still murder all Dragons. I need them bones to make my arrows. :D

I would venture to wager that very few people have seen that. They come out of those round pits that from a distance look like they're going to be barrows, but as you approach, you realize it just looks like a shallow crater. it glows blue, and blue "fire" shoots up to the sky, and the dragon emerges, helped by some kind of a mid-wife dragon already on the outside. They they both fly away.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American

I would venture to wager that very few people have seen that. They come out of those round pits that from a distance look like they're going to be barrows, but as you approach, you realize it just looks like a shallow crater. it glows blue, and blue "fire" shoots up to the sky, and the dragon emerges, helped by some kind of a mid-wife dragon already on the outside. They they both fly away.
Awesome! I do think I saw it once, with Delphine. During the main questline.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I don't Enchant, trapping a soul in Soul Cairn is a fate worse than death. I don't even use weapons that have been enchanted because you have to recharge them with souls. The only enchanted items that I use are the Daedric artifacts that have infinite charge. These items have been bound to the soul of the Daedric Prince you receive them from (that's why they have the infinite charge).

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Killing a dog.

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
The dragons being born are being resurrected by Alduin

Wildroses

Killing NPCs who are not trying to kill me or Grelod the Kind.

I'm quite serious about this rule. I've decided not to get the Oblivion Walker Achievement because too many of them want me to kill nice people (looking at you, Boethiah, Mephala, Namira, Mehrunes Dagon and Veermina. Molag Bal, the only reason I'm not looking at you is because Logralf the Wilful is a bit of a dick, but I still think: "Because I want him dead" is an inadequate reason to beat him to death ONCE, let alone twice). I did the Dark Brotherhood questline once because everybody kept raving about the story, but I never liked killing NPCs. I let Nilsine live and went out of my way to keep Hert alive.

Also using the console for anything other than to get around bugs.

I've had to use it a few times when I got stuck in the scenery, or my follower vanished off the face of the planet, and once when Mercer was refusing to open the unpickable lock on Snow Veil Sanctum. (He then waltzed over and took all the credit for opening the door, which made me laugh because it was so in character).

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I agree with Wildroses, I have a hard time killing innocents. It took me a LONG time to break that fear and to start my legendary "Kill Everyone" spree with my level 54. But before that, it was hard for me to kill innocents in cities. Bandits? No problem. Hostile NPCs? Fine. But innocents in cities? Couldn't do it. Except Nazeem and his wife. Blargh.

Also, I could never let my follower dog stay dead. I always buy the dog from Markarth and I always feel so awful when it dies, even though you can buy a new one. I always reload my game to save the creature, but I rarely do the same for followers.

ColleenG

I agree with Wildroses, I have a hard time killing innocents. It took me a LONG time to break that fear and to start my legendary "Kill Everyone" spree with my level 54. But before that, it was hard for me to kill innocents in cities. Bandits? No problem. Hostile NPCs? Fine. But innocents in cities? Couldn't do it. Except Nazeem and his wife. Blargh.

Also, I could never let my follower dog stay dead. I always buy the dog from Markarth and I always feel so awful when it dies, even though you can buy a new one. I always reload my game to save the creature, but I rarely do the same for followers.
D
The only time my dog Meeko was killed was at the hands of my follower. I always reloaded. BAD FORM, Marcurio!

ColleenG

The dragons being born are being resurrected by Alduin

I know. But, a newborn is a newborn. After all my skyrim travels, I've come to know dragons aren't all entirely evil. They have saved my ass many times.

Wildroses

I must admit, when I first took some tentative steps into installing mods, ones which made dogs essential were the second I looked for (the first being Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions).

Ivory

Let's Player
Crime. Any crime for some reason bothers me. It's not the actual action. It's the fact it's recorded on the pause stats. Seeing 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0 makes me flip out. I've started characters over for it.

...I think I have a problem.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Crime. Any crime for some reason bothers me. It's not the actual action. It's the fact it's recorded on the pause stats. Seeing 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0 makes me flip out. I've started characters over for it.

...I think I have a problem.
you think you have a problem, I have restarted the entire game because
I was not paying attention to the screen for 5 seconds, must never lose focus in the game when I am playing it or I might miss something important,.

Dallas-Arbiter

Lots of things. I don't go around killing people for no reason, I don't walk on tables to knock things off, marriage, adoption, smithing, enchanting, alchemy (never use potions), magic of every type (including shouts), looting, stealing, vampirism, lycanthropy, but my bosmer was a cannibal.

Lunaruse

The Milkdrinking Elf
I don't take dogs as followers. I bought Vigilance once. But then I ran ahead of him and I mistook him for a wolf in the distance and I shot him down with my bow. I felt like the most disgusting human being on the planet. I just sat there in front of my tv, internally sobbing. Then I went back to an old save and managed to avoid killing him again. We went to Blackreach together and he was killed by the Falmer. I put flowers all over his body, said a few words, and vowed to never take an animal follower again.