Imperials or Stormcloaks, what one?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
The Vampire Lords are Powerful beings I hear many of them were once Human and I hear they prefer the blood of the race they once were, also Vampire lords are very rare, Last I checked Harkon, Valerica and Serana and in my case the Dragonborn were the only vampire Lords Left in Tamriel, the reason you do not encounter them very often is because their have been more than twice as many dragonborns then their have been vampire lords

original_funk

Iron is coming
The Vampire Lords are Powerful beings I hear many of them were once Human and I hear they prefer the blood of the race they once were

Well, so after they've destroyed the elves they'll just turn on the rest of the Imperials, and vampires will rule all of Tamriel.

Nice!

momo.

i joined stormcloaks before completing the main questline and i actually wish i had chosen the imperials. the only real deciding factor for me was the fact i ran off with ralof in the beginning and his sister seemed so nice that i kind of felt compelled to join stormcloaks.

but honestly ulfric is prejudiced and the imperials seem to have a better "ethos" system (albeit the talos banning) and i wish i'd gone for imperials. i just felt really bad betraying elisif because she was so nice. i tend to be compassionate but definitely chose the wrong side for that. sigh. :confused:

My vote is for the Imperials, purely because I believe a united empire will have the best chance of defeating the Dominion. I can understand where Ulfric and the Stormcloaks are coming from, what with wanting to worship who you want and to rule your own province, but I personally believe they'll never hold back the Thalmor on their own. What's more Tullius himself admits that a future war with the Dominion seems imminent, and the Empire will need all the help it can get. If Ulfric wins the civil war and Skyrim is freed, I get the feeling that help won't be coming.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
@Dunken Mage

Well, I see everything's in order here. I'll be leaving now.

But before I do go, let's just get one thing clear shall we?

When the Imperial City fell, Cyrodil or the Empire, whatever ~ You lost your heart and your credibility. No one just sacks the "Imperial City". So you were humbled and let's face it, you were BEATEN. Humiliated. Robbed of your clothes and sent to run for your lives naked in the streets. Dead. Then the Emperor in his infinite wisdom remembered there was a province called "Skyrim". That's sarcasm btw. From Skyrim you were able to regroup and launch the final attack that probably did save us all from extinction. Skyrim was the "backbone" of the operation in nearly every way.

The Empire wasn't beaten after the Sack of the Imperial City, the main Cyrodiil army had retreated North to link up with reinforcements. The Empire was hardly "running naked in the streets" The Aldmeri Dominion tried to go for peace after they had taken the Imperial City, if the Empire was humiliated and beaten they would of taken it.

During the winter of 4E 174-175, the Thalmor seem to have believed that the war in Cyrodiil was all but over. They made several attempts to negotiate with Titus II.

Remembered a province called Skyrim? The Nords were involved in more than the Battle of the Red Ring, they had been sending soldiers a year before the sack of the Imperial City.

The year 4E 173 saw stiffening Imperial resistance in Cyrodiil, but the seemingly inexorable Aldmeri advance continued. Fresh legions from Skyrim bolstered the Emperor's main army in the Imperial City, but the Aldmeri forced the crossing of the Niben and began advancing in force up the eastern bank.

So we clothed you, we lifted you up, we told you everything is going to be alright...
... I don't even know how to respond to that.

Regardless, the Thalmor Defeated the Imperials and the Bretons and your precious Alik'r. Skyrim with our shield wall composed of Nords and Orcs formed the "tank", teh Shield Wall that brought the Elves to their knees, much the same way that Legion of "invalids" formed the "tank" which held back the Thalmor in Hammerfell enough for the Alik'r to have a chance and later they went on to Victory... Because of the Empire AND because Skyrim had enough skilled troops to take their place.

My point is, once IC fell you lost your heart...

The Thalmor didn't defeat the Imperials and Bretons, and Alik'r? That is a desert. The Thalmor defeated a desert? What did they do, make it rain? If you mean Alik'r warriors, then they certainly weren't defeated. Unless you kill them in 4E 201 during the quest in Whiterun.

The tank? It's a shield wall, not testudo formation. The Shield wall hardly brought the Elves to their knees, since they were running away from Titus Mede II's army. They were fleeing and were blocked by the Nord Legions.

Skyrim's Legions are the same as Cyrodiil Legions and High Rock Legions... they're all trained in the same way.

Once the Imperial City fell the Empire lost it's heart? More like it pissed them off, slaughtered every Dominion and had their Thalmor Lord hanging off the White-Gold Tower alive for thirty three days.

You "tore" out Skyrim's heart and left a hole in the wall. Rather than take responsibility for your "sins" and your own "failures". And it was a good heart, a very good heart and you don't deserve it. But that's ok, that's ok. A living dog is better than a dead lion. You guys fl*ff up next time, then both Skyrim and Cyrodil will be dead. If the Imperials don't learn from this and become more like the Stormcloaks, then the heart will become corrupt, Skyrim will become corrupt and everyone will be dead. There's ALOT of violence going on down in Cyrodil right now you know. And after Highrock being sacked by the Corsairs, Highrock doesn't have much left to give, although that was some years ago. Thousands of GOOD NORD'S are needlessly losing their lives on this war to keep the Empire alive. One GOOD MAN and Jarl will end up loosing his head to keep your a$$ in the game. There will be NO excuse next time.

Now you're going religious with sins. If Imperials become like Stormcloaks it will become corrupt. I'm having trouble knowing what or who you're defending. Imperial Legion isn't perfect but that opening scene, General Tullius ordering his men to get the towns people to safety. Imperial Soldiers trying to provide aid to the wounded, such as the Imperial Soldier and Vilod (sp?) "The wounds are too deep Vilod, I can't stop the bleeding."

One good man and Jarl will end up losing their head? Are you calling Ulfric or Galmar a good man? Because neither truly are. One is obsessed with war and Ulfric Stormcloak has quite the innocent blood on his hands when he went crazy during the Markarth Incident, "With us or against us" Prime example of his ideology. Slaughtering of innocent men, women & children old enough to wield a sword. Because they didn't pick one up when his men breached the gates. At least the Legion doesn't demand citizens to pick up a sword or they will be killed.

I say let it roll, we'll play the numbers and I'll reluctantly go along with giving the Empire a second chance. For the sake of having the troops on the border at least and the repentance I noticed from General Tullius at the end. Because it wasn't fair what happened last time, the Empire was caught off guard. So now let's see if the Empire can fix things now that people are "awake" and Imperial forces appear to be moving to counter the next Great War. We'll see ~ As I've always said, "I will not be responsible for killing Talos's Empire". I also like how Legate Rikke and Gen Tullius complement each other, you can definitely feel there is a different "vibe" of compromise and mutual respect in the Imperial chain of command. Unlike with Ulfric, it's like Galmar is trying to push the man off a cliff. So sad. Best thing all around would be for the sides to work together, learn from each other.

Ulfric is an egomaniac who is obsessed with self image to the point he even ends up irritating Galmar over song and stories. The toying with General Tullius trying to create a dramatic moment for an ending to a song.

Don't think too highly of yourselves and stop hating on Ulfric and the Stormcloaks just because they resist you. The Thalmor know how to defeat Imperials but not Stormcloaks. If the Thalmor know your playbook you need to throw it away. Once this war is over you give thanks and honor the names of those who died so that you might live, wretch. Start taking notes from the Sons and Daughters of Skyrim and learn how to be HONORABLE again, forge a new HEART in the fires of righteous forbearance and next time take some fl*ffing RESPONSIBILITY for Talos sake!!!

Hating on Ulfric and the Stormcloaks because they resist the Empire? Hardly, people are against Ulfric because they see through his lies of caring about his people. When does slaughtering your own because they didn't pick up a sword, they weren't trained in fighting, many would of been terrified of the carnage. "With us or Against us" Hardly the words of Freedom fighters. Do Season Unending without even starting the Civil War, see how much Ulfric Stormcloak cares for his people when he's demanding land while dragons slaughter his countrymen and burn his land. When a leader calls going into peace talks as a sign of weakness, something is wrong. Peace isn't weakness, it takes a lot of strength. Should thousands more have died in the Great War, the Empire unable to even properly defend it's own borders during peace, they should of kept fighting to the point of self annihilation so a few grumpy old Nords who are sitting around in a Mead Hall can thump their chests saying "What a brave defeat of the Empire of Tiber Septim" While the Dominion could simply march unopposed, doing more of what they did during the Sack of the Imperial City on the innocent populations.

AND ABOVE ALL ELSE NEVER FORGET the sacrifices Skyrim has made over the years for DEAD MEN *maggots*, drowning in the filth of your own lies and corruption who don't deserve to live.

images

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!!!

Sacrifices Skyrim has made? You mean invading their own neighbors while a part of the Empire, taking land from Hammerfell and High Rock. Fighting against the Septim Empress in the War of the Red Diamond?

Sacrifices Skyrim has made... More like the sacrifices the Imperium has made trying to handle the province of Skyrim. It's about time the Legion is there cutting off heads, you went on about fair trials before... Violence is the way of Nordic life. Why do you think they're your best friend after you beat them half to death with your bare hands? They understand violence.

Now you're back to "Long live the Empire" ?

Make up your mind and pick a side, else you'll end up fighting off both Imperials and Stormcloaks in the thread.

SnehithTheBrown

I joined the imperials. If the Stormcloaks won, they would isolate Skyrim from the rest of Tamriel. They lack the strength to fight the imposing Aldmeri Dominion. So fighting for the Empire is better in the long run.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I vote neither. Neither of them are good enough for the Dovahkin. The Dragonborn should start his own revolution and destroy the Thalmor while he/she is at it. The Dovahkin should be Emperor and start a new line of Dragonborn Emperors.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I always wondered, what happened to Tiber Septim or whatever his name is, who was said to have risen as the ninth divine? How did he die? Or did he just disappear one day?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I always wondered, what happened to Tiber Septim or whatever his name is, who was said to have risen as the ninth divine? How did he die? Or did he just disappear one day?

Died of old age after having been Emperor for 81 years.
I know this is off topic, but it's been bugging me and this is the first place I thought to post the question.
Can Wolverine drown? And if not, why can't he?

FallenEmpire

I chose Stormcloak (i'm Imperial XD) manly from what I believe is right. Although i'm not religious, I do believe in freedom of Religion and the banning of Talos worship isn't right. I don't agree with all of Ulfric's ways (Manly the Dark Elf slums) and quite frankly I hate the dude, but I also don't like the fact that the Empire just basically bowed to the Thalmor and became puppets. Also looking at the Battle of Markarth where Ulfric managed to get the Empire to allow worship of Talos which was turned down by the Thalmor ultimately starting this whole rebellion. I can't say I hate the Empire but I hate how they surrendered to these High Elves like they're gods. In my opinion, this Empire needs to be overthrown.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I chose Stormcloak (i'm Imperial XD) manly from what I believe is right. Although i'm not religious, I do believe in freedom of Religion and the banning of Talos worship isn't right.

The Nords are forbidding the people of the Reach worship of their own Gods. While freedom of religion is right, the Empire does have control over the religion, they created it. Be much the same as if the Catholic Church made changes to their religion. The banning of Talos was poorly enforced, many Nords didn't even care about the ban. Ulfric used the rally of the Talos ban for quite some time and wasn't even gaining much support from his countrymen. The Talos ban has begun to be enforced heavily due to Ulfric Stormcloak.

"We didn't pay much attention to it when I was a boy - everyone still had their little shrine to Talos. But then Ulfric and his "Sons of Skyrim" started agitating about it, and sure enough the Emperor had to crack down." - Alvor

"Ulfric founded the Stormcloaks years ago, as a sort of private army to advance his ambitions. He's always used the ban on the worship of Talos to stir people up against the Empire. He never succeeded in getting much support..." - Hadvar

I don't agree with all of Ulfric's ways (Manly the Dark Elf slums) and quite frankly I hate the dude, but I also don't like the fact that the Empire just basically bowed to the Thalmor and became puppets.

The Empire never bowed to the Thalmor, that was what the Great War was about, the Empire was largely victorious in the Great War, completely wiping out the Aldmeri Dominion's army within Cyrodiil. They were too weakened to take the fighting to the Thalmorm which to defeat them would require a large naval force and the Legions were under half strength, It'd have been suicide.

Here is your Thalmor puppets. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Thalmor_Dossier:_Ulfric_Stormcloak

Also looking at the Battle of Markarth where Ulfric managed to get the Empire to allow worship of Talos which was turned down by the Thalmor ultimately starting this whole rebellion.

Ulfric managed to get the Empire to allow the worship of Talos because he was slaughtering innocents, with a body count rising every single day, the Empire had one choice. Allow Ulfric what he wants or sit by while the innocent population are executed.

Anyone who lived in the city, Forsworn and Nord alike, were executed if they had not fought with Ulfric and his men when they breached the gates. "You are with us, or you are against Skyrim" was the message on Ulfric's lips as he ordered the deaths of shopkeepers, farmers, the elderly, and any child old enough to lift a sword that had failed in the call to fight with him.

So when a "grateful" Empire accepted Ulfric's victory and sent soldiers to re-establish the rule of law in the Reach, it was no surprise that he would demand to be allowed to worship Talos freely before the Legion could enter. With chaos running through the streets of Markarth and the reports of deaths rising every day, the Empire had no choice but to grant Ulfric and his men their worship.

I can't say I hate the Empire but I hate how they surrendered to these High Elves like they're gods. In my opinion, this Empire needs to be overthrown.

It wasn't surrender in the sense of rolling over like the Thalmor are Gods, it was a peace treaty to allow the Empire to regain it's strength. The Empire is preparing for war against the Thalmor.

"Most of the Legion is tied down on the border with the Aldmeri Dominion. The Emperor can't afford to risk weakening Cyrodiil's defenses. From the Imperial City, our war here is just a sideshow. An interlude before the main event against the Thalmor resumes." - General Tullius

"The ordinary citizen will be happy to get back to life as normal, to have their families return home. And they should enjoy it while they can... I suspect all of Tamriel will again be called to arms in the not too distant future." - Legate Rikke

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
I chose Stormcloak (i'm Imperial XD) manly from what I believe is right. Although i'm not religious, I do believe in freedom of Religion and the banning of Talos worship isn't right. I don't agree with all of Ulfric's ways (Manly the Dark Elf slums) and quite frankly I hate the dude, but I also don't like the fact that the Empire just basically bowed to the Thalmor and became puppets. Also looking at the Battle of Markarth where Ulfric managed to get the Empire to allow worship of Talos which was turned down by the Thalmor ultimately starting this whole rebellion. I can't say I hate the Empire but I hate how they surrendered to these High Elves like they're gods. In my opinion, this Empire needs to be overthrown.
Interesting, what would you have had the Empire do differently?, rewinding back to the final days of the great war, just before the signing of the concordat?

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
tumblr_mql1rpcdb71sqxr43o1_500.jpg

Ulfric Stormcloak helps the local economy by ordering pizza from mom and pops pizzeria.

That's why Ulfric Stormcloak should be High King of Skyrim. He cares for small businesses.

All hail to Ulfric!
You are the High King!
In your great honor
we drink and we sing!

SnehithTheBrown

Choose the imperials. Its better for Skyrim in the long run.if you hate thalmor, be the skyrim version of batman. head out at night and kill thalmor patrols and bandits and plops.

I killed Alduin with my bare hands. The Thalmor is next.