What are you going to call your character?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Flamingtaco

If there are scimitars in the game I may have to change from dobby to drizzt with one dark elf playthrough. THat would be more of a serious warrior type though.

Cole

Mythik
The Elven short swords in Oblivion were rather Scimitar-ish, not sure if this will be the same case in Skyrim though.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Well Ill see what i think. Drizzt is too epic to passup in a snowy environment similar to icewin dale

Dont you think Drizzt is bit overused, overrated and corny? I've read most of the books and I didn't like one of them. They are just too predictable. In addition Salvatore constatly uses same adjectives, such as "glorious", "brave" and "mighty" . How can a hammer be brave?

Wolf

Hello, is it tea you're looking for?
Wolf, of course!

(Unhealthy obsession with the name :p)

Flamingtaco

Well to be honest I only read the prequels specifically about Drizzt. I tried the Icewind Dale series but after that it was too long and boring. I still do like the character Drizzt and it would be fun to play like him in Skyrim.

Swordsmansmith

First Salvatore is the greatest fantasy author ever. however I agree that ripping off such a well known name just feels wrong. That's why I used this website to create my own Drow name. drowcampaign.roleplaynexus.com/drowlanguage.html

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
First Salvatore is the greatest fantasy author ever. however I agree that ripping off such a well known name just feels wrong. That's why I used this website to create my own Drow name. drowcampaign.roleplaynexus.com/drowlanguage.html

If you haven't read George R. R. Martin Song of Ice and Fire, you should test it out. It puts in a completely new perspective about fantasy genre.

Flamingtaco

I have not. Is it one of the older fantasy novels? Pre or near Tolkien fantasy is either very interesting or very strange. On the topic of fantasy books, has anyone read the TES novels which supposedly exist? Ony recently have I realized how deep the lore is outside of just the main games.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
No, his novels are actually quite fresh if you compare them to Tolkien. The latest part of "Song of Ice and Fire" was published this summer. And I guarantee, it's not anything like Tolkien. In a good way!

Would his books be found at a regular book store or would that be a special order?

I suppose you can find them from regular book shop. I've always found them at airports when I have traveled abroad. However, I do suggest that you compare price with amazon.com . You might get it much cheaper from there, like I did.

Flamingtaco

I just looked it up, didn't realize that was part of the Game of Thrones series. I understand the books are very different from the show but its pretty popular. I'll look into it.

Travis

I always end up playing a mage like character my first time through on these types of games. I think I will go with a Merlin reference of some kind. I can't wait to dual wield magic!

Flamingtaco

I think I went a little off topic. If anyone, like you two Travis and Will, would like to share any further information about your character like race, class and if you have one, backstory I think that would be interesting. Also, are your characters from Oblivion returning?

Akatosh

Odin shall be his name. he will be either a nord or a redgaurd. he is going to be a brute warrior.

Flamingtaco

Well odin being a Norse god I would certainly go with Nord. I wonder if Nords can have access to a spell for summoning familiars, because I believe in mythology Odin had two ravens as familiars, and that could be fun.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts