How bad do you hate the Thalmor

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
Ebonheart pact was 800 years before the Oblivion crisis wasn't it?

You're correct, I edited my post and it still stands. I'm too excited for TESO to not try and bring it up :)

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...Nords had traveled to Skyrim, and settled there, being peaceful with the elves. The nords repopulated extremely quick compared to the elves, so the snow elves committed genocide upon the nords...
While the initial accounting of the Night of Tears in the First Edition of the Pocket Guide to the Empire was that this was that the Mer attacked Saarthal out of fear that the Nord's would supplant them, the subsequent documents Night of Tears and The Fall of Saarthal indicate that the reason for attacking Saarthal had more to do with what was underneath Saarthal. The belief was that the Mer discovered something of great power there and attacked Saarthal to take it. The notion seems to be affirmed by the game itself as the player discovers the Eye of Magnus in the lower depths of Saarthal.

Gunnbjorn

Formerly known as Arillious
While the initial accounting of the Night of Tears in the First Edition of the Pocket Guide to the Empire was that this was that the Mer attacked Saarthal out of fear that the Nord's would supplant them, the subsequent documents Night of Tears and The Fall of Saarthal indicate that the reason for attacking Saarthal had more to do with what was underneath Saarthal. The belief was that the Mer discovered something of great power there and attacked Saarthal to take it. The notion seems to be affirmed by the game itself as the player discovers the Eye of Magnus in the lower depths of Saarthal.

I'm pretty sure the Nords didn't know of that power, so from their perspective - the Mer attacked and destroyed them for migrating into their lands.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...a massive liar, unlike most Thalmor....Thalmor =/= liars....
Yes, yes the Thalmor would never perpetrate massive lies like, oh say claiming to have used their magic to seal the Oblivion Gates in Summerset Isle when everyone on the mainland was aware that all the gates were sealed by Martin Septim when he defeated avatar of Mehrunes Dagon as the avatar of Akatosh. Oh wait....o_O

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Yes, yes the Thalmor would never perpetrate massive lies like, oh say claiming to have used their magic to seal the Oblivion Gates in Summerset Isle when everyone on the mainland was aware that all the gates were sealed by Martin Septim when he defeated avatar of Mehrunes Dagon as the avatar of Akatosh. Oh wait....o_O

Thalmor telling lies? Wouldn't have ever guessed... :p

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
Its true the Thalmor are massive liers, the Oblivion gates and the moons coming back, what are they going to come up with next?

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
Mean while in Summer Set Isles, the head of the Thalmor party.​

27429214.jpg

Awww he looks like he could tell lies to a little kitten like the Thalmor lol.

oops the pro Khajiit movement gonna have my ass for what I just wrote haha.

Dovakiin98

I personally wish you could join the Thalmor,they are pretty interesting to me.Anyway,I hate Ulfric alot more.:)

Captain Nagisus

Jake the Dog!

I always forget that stuff! Oh, and there's how they supposedly brought back the moons. The Void Nights.

Suleku

The Grey Knight
o_O atleast the Dominion won't attack you out of no where like the stormcloaks did to me >.>, stepped on there land for not being a redneck nord and got a freaking axe in my back lol. Crimes like this won't go unpunished! :p

Moris

o_O atleast the Dominion won't attack you out of no where like the stormcloaks did to me >.>, stepped on there land for not being a redneck nord and got a freaking axe in my back lol. Crimes like this won't go unpunished! :p

Never happened to me. Did you have a bounty on your head?

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
You can all see from the map that the Aldmeri Dominion is in a good postion with Alinor probably the most easily defended position with Valenwood and Elseweyr only bordering the imperials which are hostile. Other than that just a small area of blackmarsh borders Elseweyr and they are not currently involved in the conflict.
Coastal attacks are easily led from Alinor and Hammerfell is ready to fall to the Dominion after being war ravaged considerably, a second attack by the Elves would be the end.
In Comparison the empire is spread thin trying to maintain its borders and fighting the stormcloaks, the legion is already massively weakened after the 1st invasion of the dominion. If you believe this to be false then you'll see that the White-Gold Concordant is very similar to the Ultimatum which would have prevented the invasion, they simply signed it realising that a second wave of elves would be the end.
Also take into account that the legion uses battle hardened warriors, whilst only the lower class of Altmer is used currently for fighting, should the more powerful mages get involved out of necessity then the imperials would be destroyed.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
You can all see from the map that the Aldmeri Dominion is in a good postion with Alinor probably the most easily defended position with Valenwood and Elseweyr only bordering the imperials which are hostile. Other than that just a small area of blackmarsh borders Elseweyr and they are not currently involved in the conflict.
Coastal attacks are easily led from Alinor and Hammerfell is ready to fall to the Dominion after being war ravaged considerably, a second attack by the Elves would be the end.
In Comparison the empire is spread thin trying to maintain its borders and fighting the stormcloaks, the legion is already massively weakened after the 1st invasion of the dominion. If you believe this to be false then you'll see that the White-Gold Concordant is very similar to the Ultimatum which would have prevented the invasion, they simply signed it realising that a second wave of elves would be the end.
Also take into account that the legion uses battle hardened warriors, whilst only the lower class of Altmer is used currently for fighting, should the more powerful mages get involved out of necessity then the imperials would be destroyed.

Dominion didn't walk away unscratched. The fact they formed a treaty shows this. Considering they lost their entire invasion force that went into Cyrodiil. 'The weakened Thalmor sought peace, resulting in the White-Gold Concordat being signed - the Empire ceded half of Hammerfell and banned the worship of Talos. The Legion, at this point, was at an all-time weakness, and soon thereafter lost all of Hammerfell, reducing it to a Legion filled with warriors from only Cyrodiil, Skyrim and High Rock.
Unfortunately, the Legion's woes were not yet at an end. With the ascension of Ulfric Stormcloak to the Jarlship of Eastmarch and the death of High King Torygg at Ulfric's hands, civil war broke out twenty-five years later in Skyrim. The Imperial Legion was forced to fight in Skyrim, against many warriors who had previously themselves been Legionnaires, weakening the Legion even further.' Basically they both got the plops kicked out of them, Dominion won't go to war for a few hundred years, unless the Empire attacks first. But Empire is getting more weakened having to fight ex Legionnaires.

So they could still win, just depends on the situation in Skyrim really.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
I agree they were definitely weakened as well, however it was the Thalmor forcing the Empire to accept their terms in the white gold concordat, that was entirely in favor of the elves. Had the empire have been stronger or on an equal footing then they would have rejected the concordat, or offered an alternative ultimatum in favor of the Empire. They would only accept if they were the clear underdog

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I agree they were definitely weakened as well, however it was the Thalmor forcing the Empire to accept their terms in the white gold concordat, that was entirely in favor of the elves. Had the empire have been stronger or on an equal footing then they would have rejected the concordat, or offered an alternative ultimatum in favor of the Empire. They would only accept if they were the clear underdog

Was more because they couldn't attack, they could only defend Cyrodiil. Aldmeri Dominion still controlled Valenwood and Elsweyr and southern hammerfell, would have to occupy them and send forces to Hammerfell to help there. Empire couldn't go anywhere. War would of lasted at least another 20 odd years. Just defending two provinces lasted nearly 5 years, another 5 for the Redguards. Empire had lost too many legionnaires for that kind of invasion.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
Exactly, so the Aldmeri Dominion was in a far better position. However had the Elves continued fighting they could have left Alinor vulnerable so they preferred to consolidate their position whilst being able to flood the Empire with Thalmor spies. It would be impossible for the Empire to launch another attack on the Dominion or make any move without the Thalmor knowing immediately.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts