• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dawnguard or Volkihar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
clear.png
If you're going to make a moral argument, I suggest you pick better examples than the Dark Brotherhood. I think the world's better off without them.
Only in your game that is. The Dark Brotherhood provides services towards the people who is willing to pay dearly.

Makes you question if they even know she is a vampire.
"Her vampirism is subtly hinted at in-game, though no one in the Blue Palace seems to be fully aware of it."
Skyrim:Sybille Stentor – UESPWiki

I played Skyrim before I read all of these wiki links, and although some of the members of the courts finds her peculiar, it was never hinted that she was a vampire like what the article stated. I had to use the dead location spell to actually see it for myself.

Because I believe that all plant and animal life was created and placed here for the benefit of humanity.
I'm not promoting animal cruelty. And regardless of how intelligent an animal is (even dolphins, the most intelligent species on the planet after humans), none of them come close to humanity's capabilities.
I rather end this part of the debate because I feel that we are going waaay off topic ;/

Did he? I didn't get turned into a vampire, so I didn't go through the ritual. My meaning, however, was that if you've chosen a life that requires you to kill other humans for your survival, something's messed up in your head.

I'm sorry for spoiling it for you, but yes hes the only NPC that can cure you from your vampire disease. Skyrim:Rising at Dawn - UESPWiki

Rumors also have it that if you play as a member of the Dawnguard that they make you go to Falion to be cured, if you caught the disease.

I actually had to look up Sybille when you first mentioned her. And I mentioned earlier that I appreciate the restraint that some vampire characters show in not eating everyone they see, but vampirism is simple to cure in the Elder Scrolls universe. I would much rather they get cured.

I forgot to mention that Serane isn't that good of a vampire as you think she is, if you side with the vampires that is. She helps the Dragonborn to douse elvan arrows with her blood to block out the sun. Not everyone wants to cure their vampirism same as everyone’s favorite companion female werewolf. She doesn't want to be cured, and rather keep the gift of the beast. Where do you think she goes late at night in werewolf form? Or for any of the other companion members that are in the circle?

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Meh, I'm torn from both sides. It's just the thought of how humanity was created.

If we have the audacity to think, believe, pray, right in different ways, even though we are still classified in scientific terms as Homo sapean (sorry for spelling) it just shows you, we were made like this for a REASON.

so do to all these points given out between vampire rights, thoughts, beliefs, including the dawnguards, they are either these in said equation of opinions:

EQUALLY FAIR, since humans have the tendency to argue until their dying breath (sorry but I've seen this too many times. But it is good! Fighting for what you think is good. To a fault anyway. If you're swearing and stabbing, I think that draws the line LOL). Or, these accusations on both sides are NEUTRAL. Or in other words, they snuff each other out.

Since humans are carbon based and are part of science, it doesn't mean we ask questions that are indeed, law. Furthermore, we came up with rules that corrispond to what we have discovered to be law, and our own opinions. And still we argue.

So saying that all vampires are evil, is invalid. Saying all dawnguard are good, is invalid. They are scientifically invalid questions and there are no correct answers.

My fanfic that I'm going to write will dictate this fact. Even animals can have human like nature, but like some people have said, they aren't humans. Vampires have a desease, yes. Some deseases in the real world alter thinking, interaction, beliefs, and just well being. For the dawnguard, anger, hatred, and general dislike for something that yes indeed, can be helped, they have the tendency to judge. But do they have the right?

Stay with me here. Yes, vampires have the ability to go to that one guy to become cured. But if in the real world, we can do what we want, when we want, only our beliefs, culture, and law holding us back, the same thing applies to the Vampire race.

If they want to be vampiric, that is fine. So is it right to slaughter an innocent if they hate but love being a vampire? Same with werewolves. Do they have the right to be judged? Yes, since they are big, and fluffy and hairy. And kinda scary looking. But some of them didn't ask for it.

For those two, vampire and werewolf kind, there are ones that are sinful and tend to slaughter. Yes, Dawnguard do then have a right. But that does not ALL make them kin of demons and such. Dawnguard just have much sinful pleasures and rights as vampires and werewolves. Because they were human before.

I've said this many times before: We are all equal, but so different, so unique it's like we are all different species. So we both have rights and no rights to judge. Depending on situation, everyones history make up, and phycological well being.

Severus Alucard my character, is a vampire lord. Although he dislikes feeding on humans he only does it when it's absolutely necessary. Serana *points out* blood potions and hands them out.

If you feel guilty about killing someone, if you have this nagging feeling of guilt or self hatred for what you've done, but trying to move on and better yourself, do you still deserve to be killed? Severus understood some of the Dawnguard weren't always cruel to vampires. Ignard (or what's his face) didn't imediately attack Serana during the Dawnguard side of the quest. Good example.

About the deserving of death, the Dawnguard sees the vampires as a threat. But they can't judge. You cannot, I repeat, can NOT know someone till you know yourself. And even then, you cannot ever know yourself. Everyone is unpredictable. Which leads to the fact vampires can be unpredictable yes, but so can Dawnguard.

Vampires and werewolves, trolls and dragons, they all have feelings. I've seen everyone not hating on Paarthurnax! Even though once upon a time he helped his brother. But he overcame that and helped humans in Alduins destruction. Same with vampires.

Although yes, not all vampires are good, and some can be ruthless, so can Dawnguard and humans everywhere. I know this is just a game and all, but this happens in real life too. Severus Alucard had a bad childhood. As you can see from his character card (in my signature). He didn't want to hurt dawnguard, for perhaps they misunderstood.. But he had a choice, he hated the choice of killing the dawnguard, but it was to be killed, or defend and kill. Of course he always gives the chance for the to turn tail and run: "I may be a killer, but I am by no means, a monster."

Sorry for the long post XD and sorry if I offened anyone.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
I played Skyrim before I read all of these wiki links, and although some of the members of the courts finds her peculiar, it was never hinted that she was a vampire like what the article stated. I had to use the dead location spell to actually see it for myself.
That was kind of my point. Of course she's allowed in the Jarl's court, because no one realizes she's a vampire.
...now I'm confused. Are we agreeing or disagreeing on something with this? o_O

I rather end this part of the debate because I feel that we are going waaay off topic ;/
Yeah, I don't think we'll convince each other, anyway.

I'm sorry for spoiling it for you, but yes hes the only NPC that can cure you from your vampire disease. Skyrim:Rising at Dawn - UESPWiki

Rumors also have it that if you play as a member of the Dawnguard that they make you go to Falion to be cured, if you caught the disease.

No biggy.
And the rumors are true. I saw it happen in a video recently (though the guy cut to the end of the ceremony, so I was under the impression it was just a "talk to this guy and he'll cure you huzzah" kind of thing).

I forgot to mention that Serane isn't that good of a vampire as you think she is, if you side with the vampires that is. She helps the Dragonborn to douse elvan arrows with her blood to block out the sun.
Good point. Heck, you can still have her do it as Dawnguard (and you still have the option to give Harkon the bow). I thought it was funny that I had that option, and furthermore that she doesn't even comment on your sudden change of heart.
Not everyone wants to cure their vampirism same as everyone’s favorite companion female werewolf. She doesn't want to be cured, and rather keep the gift of the beast. Where do you think she goes late at night in werewolf form? Or for any of the other companion members that are in the circle?
Aela's never struck me as a murderer. Besides, the werewolf transformation (besides one guy that Hircine decided to play with) is voluntary. I get the impression that the Circle only uses their power when the situation's desperate.
In any case, I got Vilkas and Farkas cured. :p There's only one werewolf in the Companions now.

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
They don't kill them if they really need to like i am the vampire that turns into a vampire lord and kills town guards because that's what their there for to fight and if they lose what can i do? Other vampires prefer to only attack if you are on their land or you are at war with them
But what if the direct core of the Falmer rises and the nords all have a party but then the High Elves force them to do their homework but the Argonians come and spit at the Dark Elves and die? WHAT THEN?!

Oh pl*ps, flame war.

EDIT: Well, there was one on the first page.

Anyways, I like them both, but they have their flaws.

The Volikhar vampires may seem like foul evil beasts who care about nothing but feasting on blood at first, but they can be cool once you get to know them. However, most of them can be douches at times, especially if you are not one of them. The people may not have great attitude, but they are some of the smartest and most powerful people out there. Oh yeah, and the way the characters connected was pretty blah.

Now, the Dawnguard. They are among the bravest and most merciless soldiers. They work hard to save the people of Skyrim from the Vampires' doom. They never give up, and they are very skilled with battle. They are lead by... Isran. He's the main problem with the Dawnguard. He is a fool, and doesn't even consider the Dragonborn, who killed Harkon and destroyed the Volikhar order, to be named leader or at least promoted. I really hate how he just sees Serana (who just so happened to help us greatly in winning the battle) as a thing, a beast, an "it". She may be a vampire, but she has more of a soul than him. I wish they gave you the option to overthrow Isran and take rule of the Dawnguard.

El Fonz0

Now, the Dawnguard. They are among the bravest and most merciless soldiers. They work hard to save the people of Skyrim from the Vampires' doom. They never give up, and they are very skilled with battle. They are lead by... Isran. He's the main problem with the Dawnguard. He is a fool, and doesn't even consider the Dragonborn, who killed Harkon and destroyed the Volikhar order, to be named leader or at least promoted. I really hate how he just sees Serana (who just so happened to help us greatly in winning the battle) as a thing, a beast, an "it". She may be a vampire, but she has more of a soul than him. I wish they gave you the option to overthrow Isran and take rule of the Dawnguard.
Lol, you're just mad because you can't be leader of everything!

Seriously, why should he have trusted Serana from the start? He has quite the number of good reasons for not trusting vampires. Isran's no fool. He's asked for help from people who he clearly have been on bad terms with for years, because he knew how dangerous the threat was when he learned the vampires had an Elder Scroll.
He may be a douche, but that's because he's a no-nonsense guy, which, in the face of mortal danger, makes him a good character. He knows there isn't any time for nonsense when an old clan of vampires threaten not just Skyrim, but all of Tamriel.

Lol, you're just mad because you can't be leader of everything!

Seriously, why should he have trusted Serana from the start? He has quite the number of good reasons for not trusting vampires. Isran's no fool. He's asked for help from people who he clearly have been on bad terms with for years, because he knew how dangerous the threat was when he learned the vampires had an Elder Scroll.
He may be a douche, but that's because he's a no-nonsense guy, which, in the face of mortal danger, makes him a good character. He knows there isn't any time for nonsense when an old clan of vampires threaten not just Skyrim, but all of Tamriel.
fl*ff, it's almost like we're all arguing about real-life situations!

Julius Darkstar

King of Conjuration
Vampires.
At the end of the quest you can blot out the sun so any negatives of vampirism are removed.
And of course the vampire lord form.
Also as a Vampire you can destroy the dawnguard in a side quest, and get to kill Isran ( i hate that guy) and then turn him in a dead thrall (irony heh) but that is just what i do.
More importantly by clever use of illusion one can get anything the dawnguard side has to offer, including spells and armored trolls.

Dawnguard for me, vampires are evil. Also vampires are not a race, they are just men/women of different races who lusted for power and allowed themselves to become vampires for that purpose.

Dovakhin Sadir

Vampire Goddess
Vampires are the Ultimate Choice there is no way around it there is no way past it its Die and Live or Die and Die

stagnant94

if you are one of the people saying the vampires are evil for killing to stay alive then why aren't you evil for killing for money?

I'm on PS3, and now i really want dawnguard :sadface:

Thorn

In the Hist we trust
Volkihar.....why?......They seem to be the ultimate stage of existence to me.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Dawnguard because they're just men and women facing down things that are tougher, faster and a lot bigger than they are when a Vampire is a Vamp Lord. Besides I love kicking down a Vampire Lair with a crossbow that sets them on fire. "BURN YOU UNHOLY BASTARDS" I like it when they try to ambush me in the wild, I'd be sneaking and my sneak eye would open a little, be a full "Who's hunting whom?" Dawnguard get more cool toys and as the saying goes, boys and their toys. Vampires are cunning prey, very good at convincing those around them. Are the Vampires good or evil? Bit of A bit of B, they're doing what they do to survive. Is Dawnguard good or evil? Bit of A bit of B, they're protecting the innocents from Vampires, all vampires need blood to survive and that blood has to come from somewhere. It's never going to be about good or evil, good is a point of view. I enjoy killing Vampires, I'm sure as hell they'd enjoy to kill me. Everyone has their preference, mine is hunting vampires, I'm not going to say that others are wrong because they like the Vampires better they're more than likely better than me at being a Vampire. Vampires are the one thing I've hunted in Skyrim that I've come to respect, they put up a good fight and sometimes get the drop on me.

I like em both.... Dawnguard is has more interactionon you than Volkihar vamps...I like vampire when it comes to power and appearance..but the gameplay? 50/50.

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
I did vampires first, then when I was finished I did dawnguard, and I was really up against the fence for a while, but really it boiled down to the masochistic attitudes of the vampires that threw me off.

It just really grossed me out how they basically treat humans like meat to be eaten. Even as a vampire, there's a lot of empathy and respect you have to give out in order to really be a part of the lore, however the Volkihar seemed more like cannibals to me than vampires.

After I did their questline, it made doing the Dawnguard much more satisfying. It felt pretty good to slaughter all of those sick monsters and rid the world of their depravity.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
I'd appreciate the restraint, but I'd still consider them time bombs that need to seek a cure.
There is only one cure and I believe it is very rare and difficult cure. They are a parasite, but it's not their fault.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
o_O If you're going to make a moral argument, I suggest you pick better examples than the Dark Brotherhood. I think the world's better off without them.

Makes you question if they even know she is a vampire.
"Her vampirism is subtly hinted at in-game, though no one in the Blue Palace seems to be fully aware of it."
Skyrim:Sybille Stentor - UESPWiki

Because I believe that all plant and animal life was created and placed here for the benefit of humanity.

I'm not promoting animal cruelty. And regardless of how intelligent an animal is (even dolphins, the most intelligent species on the planet after humans), none of them come close to humanity's capabilities.

Did he? I didn't get turned into a vampire, so I didn't go through the ritual. My meaning, however, was that if you've chosen a life that requires you to kill other humans for your survival, something's messed up in your head.

I haven't. A human is inherently worth more to me than a dog. If I had to choose between saving my pet dog or a total (human) stranger, I'd save the human.

I actually had to look up Sybille when you first mentioned her. And I mentioned earlier that I appreciate the restraint that some vampire characters show in not eating everyone they see, but vampirism is simple to cure in the Elder Scrolls universe. I would much rather they get cured.
......... humanity is a relatively new species. No, plants and animals weren't placed for our benefit. I think it's the opposite. I think we are exploiting the parasitism point of symbioosis. We are killing off everything we see. Yeah, that's great.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts