Nord Refugee Character Diary - Hrisskar III

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
btw GO DARK ELVES
Lore-wise and gameplay wise, Dark Elves are my favorite. Fire resist is great for dragons and mages, so thats one less thing to worry about. Everytime I'm deeply immersed ingame, I get so angry walking around the streets, I avoid Windhelm at all costs. I roleplay that I need to pay triple the ordinary price to sleep at the inn, and the inn-keeper always just says, "You should just go" when ever I talk to her. The resident drunk is more that happy to tell me all about how much he hates us "Grey Skins" and "Scalebacks". The argonians also seem to hate me. I swear to god, I can't fl*ffing win there.

fl*ff you Stormcloaks.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Lore-wise and gameplay wise, Dark Elves are my favorite. Fire resist is great for dragons and mages, so thats one less thing to worry about. Everytime I'm deeply immersed ingame, I get so angry walking around the streets, I avoid Windhelm at all costs. I roleplay that I need to pay triple the ordinary price to sleep at the inn, and the inn-keeper always just says, "You should just go" when ever I talk to her. The resident drunk is more that happy to tell me all about how much he hates us "Grey Skins" and "Scalebacks". The argonians also seem to hate me. I swear to god, I can't fl*ffing win there.

fl*ff you Stormcloaks.
lol yeah that is the only thing I hate about dark elves (everyone is racist to them) and its something that will definitely play into my vampire journal. I absolutely hate windhelm as all I see is racist nords everywhere.

HRISSKAR WHY U SO RACIST

BIGwooly

- 7th of Evening Star, 4E 202 -

Two days passed and two dragons killed. This is becoming a profession. And with a second horse it could be a lucrative one at that .. provided one doesn't get torn apart.

I was on my way to Ivarstead from Whiterun, having already crossed the river and was at the crest of the first large hill. I happened to look over toward the mountains on my left, where I had discovered a word wall months ago. It was still over there somewhere, holding onto its knowledge .. its power .. waiting for me to return for it. But I knew from my last trip that it was guarded by a deadly dragon priest. No .. there was no point in even thinking about it.

But I couldn't stop thinking about it. As I started down the hill my mind was consumed. How could I ignore the great power that was right there? There had to be a way to gain the power without dying at the hands of the dragon priest. Without even thinking about it I felt my hands tighten on the reigns, and then I turned my horse around. I was going to find the word wall again.

An hour or so later, as I was approaching the mountains, a dragon crested the peaks and came down at me. I had just passed a patrol of stormcloaks on the road a few minutes earlier, so I led the dragon back to them and we faced it together.

One of the stormcloaks fell before the fight was over, and for that I mourn. But we did defeat the beast, and it made for the second dragon I've killed in as many days.

I continued to the mountains and then began to climb them with my horse. My memory was a bit unclear on where exactly the word wall was, but after a short search I spotted it in the distance. With my horse secured safely out of sight I made my way quietly up the hill.

My plan was to sprint to the wall and learn the word after using my ethereal shout. This way the dragon priest wouldn't be able to harm me while I focused on capturing the knowledge of the word. Afterwards I would simply have to run and find a way back down to my horse as quickly as I could. It was a good plan, but even the best plan can be spoiled by an unknown.

As I exited the forest and got a clear view of the word wall my stomach sank.

dragononwordwall.jpg

There was a large dragon perched atop the wall. Now I was assuming that the dragon priest would also still be around, and that made things much trickier. It would be one thing to give the priest the slip, but not so easy with a dragon. There was a part of me screaming to call it off and just head back to Whiterun. The risk had just doubled, but the reward was the same.

I'd come too far, though. I had already killed one dragon just to get here. I couldn't let the presence of another scare me off.

So I snuck in close to the word wall. Careful to approach it from behind so as not to be spotted by the dragon. My eyes were darting back and forth, trying to keep an eye out for the dragon priest. Finally I was at the wall, though, and neither had the dragon moved or the priest show himself. Perhaps my plan would work after all.

I rounded the edge of the word wall and in unison the dragon raised its head and shrieked while the dragon priest arose from his cask. I quickly shouted the words to protect myself and sprinted up to the wall. I couldn't help but notice there were three words glowing, and my heart quickened. I was going to learn three words at once .. assuming I survived the next few minutes.

The priest and the dragon attacked me while I absorbed the meaning of the words. Their attacks did nothing but remind me of their presence. And the moment I had learned the words I sprinted away, jumping down the rocks almost carelessly.

My horse was relatively close, and I was on him in a heartbeat. With both the priest and the dragon shrieking behind me I rode away to safety.

BIGwooly

- 8th of Evening Star, 4E 202 -

Back in Ivarstead. After a dangerous ride up the switchback trail and across the river I made it back to the small town once again. The past few days have kept my mind busy, but now the weight of the task ahead of me suffocating me.

Everything I've done up until now seems small in comparison to what I will have to do tomorrow. Using an elder scroll to confront a dragon as powerful as Alduin will surely put me to the test in every way. I only hope that Paarthurnax will assist me as much as possible, although I have a feeling he will remain out of it.

If I get even one moment of sleep tonight it will be a miracle of the gods.

- 8th of Evening Star, 4E 202 -

Back in Ivarstead. After a dangerous ride up the switchback trail and across the river I made it back to the small town once again. The past few days have kept my mind busy, but now the weight of the task ahead of me suffocating me.

Everything I've done up until now seems small in comparison to what I will have to do tomorrow. Using an elder scroll to confront a dragon as powerful as Alduin will surely put me to the test in every way. I only hope that Paarthurnax will assist me as much as possible, although I have a feeling he will remain out of it.

If I get even one moment of sleep tonight it will be a miracle of the gods.
May god have mercy on your soul.

Kaleia

I've a question to ask of you: how do you treat the Standing Stones? Do you use them or ignore them? I don't really recall any mention of them in your journal entries.

I've a question to ask of you: how do you treat the Standing Stones? Do you use them or ignore them? I don't really recall any mention of them in your journal entries.
I want to know as well. It's very tempting to grab the Steed Stone and reap the weightless armor and Plus 100 carry weight.

Dovakiin98

fl*ff you Stormcloaks.
Filthy gray skins and your lies!:)

Anticipation. Awesome. Alduween doesn't stand a chance. ^.^

The petty racial squabbles of the living bore me to tears. Here's to hoping the Stormcloaks and the Elves all kill eachother off.
So... we'll be left without Elves? But the Elven races are so awesome!!

BIGwooly

I mostly ignore them, but I am under the standing stone for faster regenerating health and stamina.

BIGwooly

I want to know as well. It's very tempting to grab the Steed Stone and reap the weightless armor and Plus 100 carry weight.

Personally I wouldn't do this because it's going to break the game on you. One of the most important restrictions is the weight limit, IMO.

Silence

I'm going to alter the weight restriction for my puny conjurer, assuming she can't carry even half as much (anything heavy in addition to staff/dagger/small loot items) as a broad backed Nord with ripped guns like Hrisskar. Thinking of using thralls for the carrying, and with a limit since they are dead and all. That way without them she's even more useless and the need for corpses is compounded. Would make them much more important then the walking meat piles they are.

Getting excited since you're still hanging around here at this hour wooly.. been waiting for this point in your game forever! Good luck ;)

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
Personally I wouldn't do this because it's going to break the game on you. One of the most important restrictions is the weight limit, IMO.
Yeah, I went kind of the opposite, and picked the mage stone, which on my no-magic character means that it only helps my enchanting when I recharge my bow! ;)
I mostly ignore them, but I am under the standing stone for faster regenerating health and stamina.
This actually surprises me quite a bit, Wooly. I thought you HATE the regenerating health thing, why make it happen faster?

TamrielsSavior

The Dark Nord of Helgen
I'm going to alter the weight restriction for my puny conjurer, assuming she can't carry even half as much (anything heavy in addition to staff/dagger/small loot items) as a broad backed Nord with ripped guns like Hrisskar. Thinking of using thralls for the carrying, and with a limit since they are dead and all. That way without them she's even more useless and the need for corpses is compounded. Would make them much more important then the walking meat piles they are.

Getting excited since you're still hanging around here at this hour wooly.. been waiting for this point in your game forever! Good luck ;)
I think it was in Wooly's hardcore playstyle thread about the different weight limits for different types of characters. I think it was roughly 30% for heavy armor characters, 20% for light armor characters and about 10% for pure mages, since they are squishy and wimpy!

BIGwooly

Depending on the character you are playing I would go with 10%, 20% or 30% carry. Hrisskar is a big boy, so I went with 30% for him. Next character(s) will be different.

And thanks for the luck! d;-)

BIGwooly

Yeah, I went kind of the opposite, and picked the mage stone, which on my no-magic character means that it only helps my enchanting when I recharge my bow! ;)

This actually surprises me quite a bit, Wooly. I thought you HATE the regenerating health thing, why make it happen faster?

Honestly, because it doesn't really matter. The game already has regenerating health, which means it's pointless to use a health potion AFTER a fight. So by having the health regenerate faster I'm not really affecting anything. As for being IN a fight, on master the extra percentage doesn't really help at all anyways. If you have 200 health and the dude you are fighting is taking away 50 or 80 health with each hit, gaining an extra 1 health point back every 3 seconds does NOTHING for you. d;-)