Thrall Thread : Living with the dead

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Adam Warlock

Just finished Civil War (stormcloaks) , and Legate Rikke is a beast of a Thrall !

I don`t recall ever seeing a level 30 with so much health(550 + (PC-1)x8 per USEPWiki).

With 760 hp at cap , she was carrying a Glass Greatsword which I enchanted with Absorb Health/Fire damage . She has decimated all the remaining Imperial Camps I can find , put Commander Maro to his knees , and stood at the nose of an Ancient Dragon with no difficulty.
Moans but it`s not a horrible one.
I don`t think she`s perm though , so I will be sad to leave her behind when I finally embark to the Soul Cairn.

Hmm i mite just use a Master Vampire and Lokil then because i have lost all patience trying to find a Volkihar Vampire. I have another character on level 52 and couldn't find any on that character either but his perks were messed up anyway. On my current character i don't really plan on getting any higher than level 46 because at level 46 i will have all the magic trees maxed and that's all i need to play happily due to the oghma infinium.

Adam Warlock

I read somewhere that you can't reanimate corpses past level 40 or something.
With Necromage perk , you can thrall undead Vampires up to level 50.

This includes Master and Volkihar , but not Volkihar Master/Nightlord/Nightmaster .

I`m not sure at this point if Nightlords/masters are leveled locked like most vamps or scaled like Master Vampires
A lot more info should become available as people play thru the game or when it`s released to PC users

Adam Warlock

On UESP it says Lokil's max health is 1226. At what level is this? 81?
Yeah , I checked that .
It seems odd to me that it says Lokil scales to 65 since I`ve thralled and rethralled him continuously after killing him at my level 81.
He is referred to as a Master Vampire when resisting a Dragonrend shout and he shares vocal clips with some other MasterVs I`ve encountered since Dawnguard download
At first I thought he was = volkihar
I can tell you he is plenty tough but no way to confirm health base on xbox.
I think I would have noticed when fighting him that he was at 1200 level.

Yeah i think his stats probably can't get any higher once you reach level 65 then although you can still thrall him. I think it's the same with others for another example, Orchendor apparently to the wiki his max level his 40 but i have thralled him at level 52 before but maybe his stats max out at level 40 and can't get any higher. Just a guess.

Although at 52 Orchendor is still a beast to defeat with dual dremora lords, i don't personally like using 2 dremora lords but since i was a mage there wasn;t much i could do to kill him.

On my level 52 character when i entered Bastion for the first time the boss was a nightmaster if i remember correctly. I think he was higher than a Volkihar Master Vampire probably because i think he was a new mob with the Dawnguard expansion? So i assume he was.

Adam Warlock

^ My gut tells me that the USEPWiki stats currently reported for Lokil will end up being the template for the Nightmasters.
That is , unless the Dawnguard addon also has changed stats for Classes already in play on the vanilla game ? idk

I'm getting sick of Orchendor and his teleportation now. He doesn't even move anywhere and most of the time he will drain the opponents mana, force them to use melee weapons at which point he will get forced into a corner spamming teleportation until he dies.

Adam Warlock

Yeah i think his stats probably can't get any higher once you reach level 65 then although you can still thrall him. I think it's the same with others for another example, Orchendor apparently to the wiki his max level his 40 but i have thralled him at level 52 before but maybe his stats max out at level 40 and can't get any higher. Just a guess.

Although at 52 Orchendor is still a beast to defeat with dual dremora lords, i don't personally like using 2 dremora lords but since i was a mage there wasn;t much i could do to kill him.
Orchendor will not go above his lvl 40 cap as the Dragonborn scales. his health levels ,etc shouldn`t increase after that. but his unique skills and perks certainly make up for it.
idk how he would do one-on-one unenhanced against a Volkihar but it would be a close fight for certain.

Perhaps the scaling for the new Dawnguard NPC is based beginning with when added to your game ?
Maybe thralls no longer scale after they are first killed ?
There may be a new rule about rethralling after Dragonborn has scaled past the max lvl allowed.
For instance , it was my understanding that once you did use the aforementioned arrest glitch to obtain an otherwise unthrallable Volk Master , if he died or was deactivated thereafter you couldn`t thrall him .
This certainly is not applying to Lokil if he scales up to 65

Adam Warlock

I'm getting sick of Orchendor and his teleportation now. He doesn't even move anywhere and most of the time he will drain the opponents mana, force them to use melee weapons at which point he will get forced into a corner spamming teleportation until he dies.
I experienced the same until I made adjustments.

If you have them , give him Staffs of Paralysis and Chain Lightning.
mine seems to favor a dagger over any other melee weapon but will use a sword
Potions of Ultimate Healing also help to reduce the number of teleports since he does that to recover when his health is low

I mite try give my thralls some sort of summong staff to see if it works. I have noticed that every conjurer, never mind what rank it is, refuse to conjurer up anything. And that's both when thralled and even before they die in the first place which i think is really strange. Speaking of which i just fought a master conjurer at the Shadow stone just now and he didn't even conjure up anything lol. Hopefully my thralls will do better.

Adam Warlock

The new vamps do use raising spells when living but u r right that it seems uncommon for others even the arch necromancers and arch conjurers
I have seen Master Conjurers and Master Necromancers who would raise bodies on occasion when living but not after death. Usually when encountered , they used frost/shock and healing.

Neither Lokil nor the Volkihar I dropped for Rikke would raise as tralls but on occasion would summons(frost atronach)

I`ve even tried giving some candidates a Staff of Dread Zombies but doesn`t seem to change how thaey fight

I'm looking all over the place were the Wiki suggests where there may be Volkihar vampires to be found with no luck. Just getting Necromancers and conjurers instead, damn ):

Adam Warlock

I'm looking all over the place were the Wiki suggests where there may be Volkihar vampires to be found with no luck. Just getting Necromancers and conjurers instead, damn ):
Since they are randomly generated , you can`t exclude the places you`ve been from later visits.

The last vamp location I discovered was Mara`s Eye Pond which was @ lvl 54 . There was a Volkihar and a Blooded in there then , but no Volkihars in 3 subsequent trips.
Perhaps Dawnguard has left less room for them with the new vamps added.
I`ve done A LOT of Dawnguard radiant quests and found only 2 or 3 Volks in more than 20 missions where you might expect to find them. Once was a random encounter attack.

Yeah i hear you get a lot of vampire encounters as a Dawnguard, although that would be weird being a Dawnguard with vampire thralls lol.