• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Bulldog

I must first offer you my sincere apologies. Besides the Redguard I never liked them. I tried making one and scrapped him about level 5 because I hated the way he looked. No matter what I configured every one I ever tried to make looked goofy or retard. After having bad luck with my Argonian I decided to just go about making a guy and pick a whole different play style for a while. During my decision making process I looked at the Breton guy again. Decided why not see what we can do today.

Boom, I made one that I actually liked how he looked for the most part. Not the best looking character I ever made, but definitely a noticeable improvement over my other Breton builds. So I started off getting my gear. Went to put the War Axe and Flames under my favorites list then low and behold I saw it. Conjure. That right there made me extremely happy as that is my favorite school of magic, especially with the bound sword and bow. The ability to start out the game being able to conjure right off the bat was amazing. Not to mention starting at at 25 already.

So my apologies for ever thinking you guys were nuts. Level 11 and I am still happy. Haven't had ot use Dragonskin yet so I don't know if I will use it a bunch, but overall i am generally pleased.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

The Breton are pretty not a bad race to use. They're basiclly Nords with more experience with magic. With the flexibility of a Breton, one could alternate between melee or magic or even both according to the gamer's style. So overall, the Breton race is one of the easiest to use.

Housecat

I must first offer you my sincere apologies. Besides the Redguard I never liked them. I tried making one and scrapped him about level 5 because I hated the way he looked. No matter what I configured every one I ever tried to make looked goofy or retard. After having bad luck with my Argonian I decided to just go about making a guy and pick a whole different play style for a while. During my decision making process I looked at the Breton guy again. Decided why not see what we can do today.

Boom, I made one that I actually liked how he looked for the most part. Not the best looking character I ever made, but definitely a noticeable improvement over my other Breton builds. So I started off getting my gear. Went to put the War Axe and Flames under my favorites list then low and behold I saw it. Conjure. That right there made me extremely happy as that is my favorite school of magic, especially with the bound sword and bow. The ability to start out the game being able to conjure right off the bat was amazing. Not to mention starting at at 25 already.

So my apologies for ever thinking you guys were nuts. Level 11 and I am still happy. Haven't had ot use Dragonskin yet so I don't know if I will use it a bunch, but overall i am generally pleased.

bretons are great because you can have a melee character and take very little damage from spells, so you can tank or focus damage and still not have to worry about mages

Bulldog

With my play style i don't really have to worry about mages. Between maxed out sneak and maxed out archery I don't get hit too much, when I do it is usually form Hagraven's that seem to still see me like my sneak is 15. I have started to use more magic trying my hand at being a strict mage. The High Elf was great because of the added bonus to magic and I could put my stuff into health and stamina to start out. Of course all that is null and void when you get into higher levels.

I have contemplated making this Breton as a battle mage as I haven't really done that yet. Well I take that back. I have used flames as a back up to my one hand, and used heal. With my new love of conjuration I may have to try it.

With my play style i don't really have to worry about mages. Between maxed out sneak and maxed out archery I don't get hit too much, when I do it is usually form Hagraven's that seem to still see me like my sneak is 15. I have started to use more magic trying my hand at being a strict mage. The High Elf was great because of the added bonus to magic and I could put my stuff into health and stamina to start out. Of course all that is null and void when you get into higher levels.

I have contemplated making this Breton as a battle mage as I haven't really done that yet. Well I take that back. I have used flames as a back up to my one hand, and used heal. With my new love of conjuration I may have to try it.
If you cast soul trap on a horse you brought, you can raise your cunjuration skill to 100 in 20 minutes. That tip helped my Breton build early in the game. :)

Bulldog

Now I can't decide whether to go robes, light armor, or heavy armor. I'm thinking light armor because the only heavy armor I like are the Dawnguard and the Deadra.

Now I can't decide whether to go robes, light armor, or heavy armor. I'm thinking light armor because the only heavy armor I like are the Dawnguard and the Deadra.
Np. And if I may say so, light armor is the perfect choice for a early level battle mage.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
I disliked the fact that bretons looked worn out and old, from the start I found it was hard to get rid of that but now it's fairly simple and they are now my favourite race to play.

My problem with 'who was the worst race' was the high elves, I didn't care how they were up themselves and thought all races were inferior, I just couldn't stand how they looked, just, plain, ugly. Now, I recently decided to make one again, and with my history of continuously starting the game over and over again making new characters of different races, I made a really good looking high elf, and instead of making use of there magical abilities I made the yellow hulk, and liked the play through outcome.

Go with light armor, it's what I always use, would fit for a battlemage anyway, being a mage and a warrior, light armor in my mind is like a merging of clothes/robes and heavyarmor.

I disliked the fact that bretons looked worn out and old, from the start I found it was hard to get rid of that but now it's fairly simple and they are now my favourite race to play.

My problem with 'who was the worst race' was the high elves, I didn't care how they were up themselves and thought all races were inferior, I just couldn't stand how they looked, just, plain, ugly. Now, I recently decided to make one again, and with my history of continuously starting the game over and over again making new characters of different races, I made a really good looking high elf, and instead of making use of there magical abilities I made the yellow hulk, and liked the play through outcome.

Go with light armor, it's what I always use, would fit for a battlemage anyway, being a mage and a warrior, light armor in my mind is like a merging of clothes/robes and heavyarmor.
Lol

Bulldog

When I made my High Elf I made him big. Of course all my guy characters have been muscular and big. My mages are big. I know most people still stick with the idea that mages study more and don't get outside. I started thinking what if someone just was a natural wizard and didn't have to study and practice. My biggest thing because the High Elves are the tallest of the characters that i wanted him bulky. I mean you see a huge guy walking you think he is going throw down some fists or use a weapon them blam he pops you with some magic. Just when you get close enough to him to nullify his magic you realize ho wmuch stronger he is than you and then beat you with his fist or a weapon. Then again that is how I always pictured it.

Bulldog

I have found more light armor I like, but still nothing that jumps out at me. The only ones I reallt like are

Penitus Oculatus Armor
Stormcloak Officer Armor
Worn Ancient Shroud (because they aren't enchanted and you can put your own enchantments on there)
Nightingale Armor (though I don't care for the enchanments, and would love to have a set non-enchanted)

Bulldog

I have only found that once. Too bad it is heavy armor though. It would look good with the Imperial Heavy Armor.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Still short and dumpy no matter the build. So what: Ooooo start at 25 in conjuration. I can do that on any race (and often higher) by level 3 with a raise zombie spell I can get in Riverwood. Ooooo magic resistance - yawn! Not only have I never gotten any perk for it but have never used an enchantment either. It's not necessary. 99% of any magic you run in to is elemental damage anyhow and that's important. Oooo absorb magicka - there's a stone for that and perks as well (all though I've never used them - what's the point - if you can't plan out your enchantments, regeneration and perks to compensate, you're not trying very hard).
Breton is off my list until my Cleric build. And the only reason I'm using a Breton for that build is because they're short, dumpy and unattractive.

FYI: I know I'm being mean. I'm just stirrin' the pot. :)

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
I like the Bretons, quite a bit. I like their lore, I like their attitudes. I like a lot about them. What I don't like is the odd wrinkly forehead the vanilla model has.

Daelon DuLac

I like the Bretons, quite a bit. I like their lore, I like their attitudes. I like a lot about them. What I don't like is the odd wrinkly forehead the vanilla model has.
I have to agree. They're lore is amongst the best (certainly better than the Nords). My only real argument with them is their awful appearance. Of course, I have also always had an argument with the default for Reguards being covered in dirt too, so maybe I'm just being to picky.

Bulldog

Still short and dumpy no matter the build. So what: Ooooo start at 25 in conjuration. I can do that on any race (and often higher) by level 3 with a raise zombie spell I can get in Riverwood. Ooooo magic resistance - yawn! Not only have I never gotten any perk for it but have never used an enchantment either. It's not necessary. 99% of any magic you run in to is elemental damage anyhow and that's important. Oooo absorb magicka - there's a stone for that and perks as well (all though I've never used them - what's the point - if you can't plan out your enchantments, regeneration and perks to compensate, you're not trying very hard).
Breton is off my list until my Cleric build. And the only reason I'm using a Breton for that build is because they're short, dumpy and unattractive.

FYI: I know I'm being mean. I'm just stirrin' the pot. :)

I don't know how you are 25 in conjure by the 3rd level. I am usually level 2 before I get out of Helgen. I guess I don't check the spells the guy has in Riverwood. It's basically sell everything I have and then decide to go to Bleakfalls or go after the Bound Bow book.

Daelon DuLac

I don't know how you are 25 in conjure by the 3rd level. I am usually level 2 before I get out of Helgen. I guess I don't check the spells the guy has in Riverwood. It's basically sell everything I have and then decide to go to Bleakfalls or go after the Bound Bow book.
raise. destroy. raise. destroy. raise destroy. I do this to every single body from riverwood to Falkreath. works like a charm. plus there are 2 conjuration skill books on the lake iliantha road
:)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts