• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one do you prefer? Vampires or Werewolves?

• Vampires

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Werewolves

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
You have to get to them to thrall them.

So how can they mass produce vampires that are actually strong enough to be a threat.

And all the Vampires actually in a position to do so are morally opposed to it...

So your argument is... what?

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
They cant thrall anyone you say

I said everyone...

look at sybill stenar she wont do it but don't you think she could easly enthrall Jarl Elisif, look at Count Janus hassildor in Oblivon he is a vampire so the thing is some of the leaders already are vampires or could be turned very easily

And Mages see right through it, there is a Mage in Solitude who makes comments about Stentor being a Vampire, the Mages Guild knew the Count was a Vampire.
that mage never makes any comment that she is a vampire he only suspects something is up

tx12001

You have to get to them to thrall them.

So how can they mass produce vampires that are actually strong enough to be a threat.

And all the Vampires actually in a position to do so are morally opposed to it...

So your argument is... what?
certainly not invalid like yours and the way the vampires are athreat is they can simply turn their enemies into vampires

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
that mage never makes any comment that she is a vampire he only suspects something is up

No. That honor is Sybille Stentor's. A smart man steers clear of Stentor. And keeps himself out of the dungeon when she's having a bad day...Let's just say the headsman's axe may not be the worst way for a Solitude Jail prisoner to die. Look at that. I've told you to watch your tongue and mine is waggling. I've said enough."

"Now that Sybille Stentor is out of the picture, I am indeed. And the court is, well... free of her... eccentricities. Moving into her quarters was an interesting process."

Mages obviously see through it.

tx12001

No. That honor is Sybille Stentor's. A smart man steers clear of Stentor. And keeps himself out of the dungeon when she's having a bad day...Let's just say the headsman's axe may not be the worst way for a Solitude Jail prisoner to die. Look at that. I've told you to watch your tongue and mine is waggling. I've said enough."

"Now that Sybille Stentor is out of the picture, I am indeed. And the court is, well... free of her... eccentricities. Moving into her quarters was an interesting process."
That could indicate that he believes she kills them herself he never uses the word "Vampire" does he and besides if you are a vampire and approach him he never mentions your a vampire does he but of course a skille dmage could detect a vampire but heres the thing not everyone are mages not every one knows the detect life and dead spells do they

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
That could indicate that he believes she kills them herself he never uses the word "Vampire" does he and besides if you are a vampire and approach him he never mentions your a vampire does he but of course a skille dmage could detect a vampire but heres the thing not everyone are mages not every one knows the detect life and dead spells do they

Really? Do you need like a giant sign saying "I KNOW SHE'S A VAMPIRE!"

It couldn't be more obvious. It doesn't matter if everyone isn't a Mage, there are enough Mages around to keep Vampires in check. Coupled with Vampire Hunters, Priests etc. Vampire populations are kept low.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
certainly not invalid like yours and the way the vampires are athreat is they can simply turn their enemies into vampires

Spacebar. It is the big key at the base of the keyboard.

If it was that simple why wouldn't they already be doing that?

You have to remember vampires are not warriors. They are mages at best and cowards at worst... And in Skyrim Mages are basically cowards...

Honestly you would have an easier time saying lycan's would take over is more plausible... Because the strong maintain control. And Skyrim has no need for weaklings like vampires...

tx12001

Really? Do you need like a giant sign saying "I KNOW SHE'S A VAMPIRE!"

It couldn't be more obvious. It doesn't matter if everyone isn't a Mage, there are enough Mages around to keep Vampires in check. Coupled with Vampire Hunters, Priests etc. Vampire populations are kept low.
Don't you think he would have told the Jarl or someone that she was a vampire? or whats his excuse because he is afraid of her? why would he be afraid of her unless a Mage is no match for a vampire

tx12001

Spacebar. It is the big key at the base of the keyboard.

If it was that simple why wouldn't they already be doing that?

You have to remember vampires are not warriors. They are mages at best and cowards at worst... And in Skyrim Mages are basically cowards...

Honestly you would have an easier time saying lycan's would take over is more plausible... Because the strong maintain control. And Skyrim has no need for weaklings like vampires...
weaklings like vampires you say well I guess if they are weak werewolves must be really weak and man must be even weaker because a vampire could rip a man in half in he wanted that does not sound weak to me or are you one of those typical people who say tehy are weak because they use magic because you think its is for cowards now here is the thing if magic is for cowards that must mean Tiber Septim is also a coward because he used the Thu'um a form of magic

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Don't you think he would have told the Jarl or someone that she was a vampire? or whats his excuse because he is afraid of her? why would he be afraid of her unless a Mage is no match for a vampire

To what end? She had served Torig's father well. And he is just some random elf mage.

And is he afraid of her wrath? Course. But mages fear other mages just as well. Everyone goes out of their way to avoid pissing off high ranking people.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
weaklings like vampires you say well I guess if they are weak werewolves must be really weak and man must be even weaker because a vampire could rip a man in half in he wanted that does not sound weak to me or are you one of those typical people who say tehy are weak because they use magic because you think its is for cowards now here is the thing if magic is for cowards that must mean Tiber Septim is also a coward because he used the Thu'um a form of magic

Physical strength isn't improved in Skyrim Vampires.
Only the oblivion strain and maybe some Daggerfall strains.

A werewolf can rip a vampire to shreds. By your definition that makes werewolves stronger. And it depends on the individual like anything. If you note I respect Janus Hassildor but not Harkon. But the simple truth is that most vampires are weak. They couldn't rule even if they could. They are weak minded. Think about it like this. Why do vampires turn invisible and try to flee? That means cowardice, and a mental weakness. It means as artificial immortals they fear death even more. They can posture but they still fear.
"They say a coward dies a thousand deaths."
You can tell if someone is weak in the mind. They become easy to predict. I know you dislike people, but as it stands normal people trounce Vampires, and werewolves.

:p Sad fact in fiction :p

As for Tiber Septim, he didn't rely on the Thu'um and the Thu'um is a divine power not arcane.

That means it is in fact on a different level, seeing as anyone can learn the thu'um in theory but not everyone can channel their magicka.

tx12001

ye

Physical strength isn't improved in Skyrim Vampires.
Only the oblivion strain and maybe some Daggerfall strains.

A werewolf can rip a vampire to shreds. By your definition that makes werewolves stronger. And it depends on the individual like anything. If you note I respect Janus Hassildor but not Harkon. But the simple truth is that most vampires are weak. They couldn't rule even if they could. They are weak minded. Think about it like this. Why do vampires turn invisible and try to flee? That means cowardice, and a mental weakness. It means as artificial immortals they fear death even more. They can posture but they still fear.
"They say a coward dies a thousand deaths."
You can tell if someone is weak in the mind. They become easy to predict. I know you dislike people, but as it stands normal people trounce Vampires, and werewolves.

:p Sad fact in fiction :p

As for Tiber Septim, he didn't rely on the Thu'um and the Thu'um is a divine power not arcane.

That means it is in fact on a different level, seeing as anyone can learn the thu'um in theory but not everyone can channel their magicka.
ah how wrong you are skies ever notice how serana lifts arch curate vythur in the air by his thorat? did you know there is dialogue from Hestla in Castle Volkihar where she says Harkon is a powerful man she saw him rip a man who got on his nerves in half with his bare hands, volkihar vampires do gain super strength and the thu'um regardless of what kind of magic it is still magic

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
ah how wrong you are skies ever notice how serana lifts arch curate vythur in the air by his thorat? did you know there is dialogue from Hestla in Castle Volkihar where she says Harkon is a powerful man she saw him rip a man who got on his nerves in half with his bare hands, volkihar vampires do gain super strength and the thu'um regardless of what kind of magic it is still magic

It is a different type of magic, why else would the magic hating nords revere it?

You mean where she uses both arms? Fun fact, lifting someone isn't that hard especially with both hands :p And ignoring the fact she didnt lift him by the throat( sorry had to take a guess since I dont know what a Thorat is) but by his armor, at the space where the shoulder and pauldron meet. Means it wouldn't be that hard. Especially since he is an elf.

And Harkon, probably used his claws... Not hard to rip something apart if you have a means of breaking the skin. If they do gain super strength. And I will use your playbook because irony. where is the in game proof?

I notice you don't challenge the mental strength points, as well tee hee :p

tx12001

It is a different type of magic, why else would the magic hating nords revere it?

You mean where she uses both arms? Fun fact, lifting someone isn't that hard especially with both hands :p And ignoring the fact she didnt lift him by the throat( sorry had to take a guess since I dont know what a Thorat is) but by his armor, at the space where the shoulder and pauldron meet. Means it wouldn't be that hard. Especially since he is an elf.

And Harkon, probably used his claws... Not hard to rip something apart if you have a means of breaking the skin. If they do gain super strength. And I will use your playbook because irony. where is the in game proof?

I notice you don't challenge the mental strength points, as well tee hee :p
They do have super strength one particular abilty that was left out of the game for balancing purposes was called Vamipric strength that increased your own unarmed melee damage but apart from that please explain to me why they woulden't they are of purer blood then many of the others so they have the majority of Vampric powers. and here is something to take note of Serana is much smaller then vythur its not as eazy to lift someone by their throat if they are heavier then you

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
They do have super strength one particular abilty that was left out of the game for balancing purposes was called Vamipric strength that increased your own unarmed melee damage but apart from that please explain to me why they woulden't they are of purer blood then many of the others so they have the majority of Vampric powers. and here is something to take note of Serana is much smaller then vythur its not as eazy to lift someone by their throat if they are heavier then you

You say that yet there is no proof of that. Seeing how in Oblivion they worked in a lot more and it was still balanced... Simply put by your argument of in game justification, these VL lords are basically just regular vampires with a more focus on their transformation. Pure blood is a misnomer. Tainted blood is still tainted no matter how you twist it. In real life I would agree, but this is the Elder Scrolls. Genders are equal in terms of potential and capability.

Again that ain't his throat. That is both hands and not his throat.
980+-+Woah+Serana.png

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage

Why would he inform the Jarl? Stentor has served Solitude faithfully for over twenty years. Just because he isn't snitching he's afraid? You do realize not every person hates/fears Vampires? Mages are actually quite often fine with Vampires.

He also respects Stentor.

tx12001

Oh well it won't let me fix it. But still. Werewolves... All the increased power and damage, without the emo arrogance.

Werewolf_VS_Vampire_by_gaallo.jpg
I see a werewolf eating a bat?? what does this have to do with vampires?