• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which one do you prefer? Vampires or Werewolves?

• Vampires

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Werewolves

Votes: 24 60.0%

• Total voters

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
1362691564_vw.jpg

Vampires or Werewolves? Which one do you prefer and why?

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Werewolves!

Why? Because wolves. I've always liked wolves, so a more powerful wolf seems only more badass :p

Lucid

I stand ready to smite anybody who brings "Twilight" references into this thread. I expect better from the members of these forums. And more current pop culture immersion at the very least. Please do not dissapoint ;)

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
I stand ready to smite anybody who brings "Twilight" references into this thread. I expect better from the members of these forums. And more current pop culture immersion at the very least. Please do not dissapoint ;)

Twilight ruined the image of both werewolves and vampires. So I don't think anyone will bring that up. :p

J

Jeremius

No DLC? Werewolves. Just DawnGuard DLC? Vampire LORD. Just DragonBorn DLC? Werewolves. Both DawnGuard and Dragonborn? chop your head off as a human.
I was aiming at werewolves and vampires in general. What would your choice be if it wasn't for Skyrim?

Same as for having both Skyrim DLC mentioned. I am a human so would rather not be either a hairy beast or a bloodsucking freak.

Lucid

Warewolves appeal to my animalistic base nature. Sure there's an elegance and romanticism to drinking the blood of your victims. But the raw, thrumming strength used to hunt, tear asunder and eat your prey holds more appeal to me. Also, Hunting Grounds > Cold Harbour, and I like being outside during the day.

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
For me, it really depends. I absolutely love the werewolves in Skyrim, while I can't stand the look of Lycans in Underworld. They pretty much remind of Skeevers, and I've seen better werewolves in both movies and games.
Lycan.jpg
Overall I like werewolves better. But I really like how movies nowadays are presenting vampires. They are no longer people with black capes and the ability to change into a bat, but badass looking motherfl*ffers. :p

Medea

The Shadow Queen
If you're talking Skyrim, vampires and werewolves both have their benefits. Werewolves might seem more durable but because the vampire's drain life spell also heals them of their Health while damaging multiple opponents, I'd go with the vampire. I still have a werewolf build though, and nothing is more satisfying than tackling and eviscerating a bandit chief.

Being a fan of fantasy games and the gothic horror genre since I was a little girl, I've always liked vampires more than werewolves.

In the old tales vampires had the strength of 20 men, could seduce anyone with a glance, and had all kinds of cool powers that differed from culture to culture. They were also immortal, and could only be killed with some kind of special material or ritual.

Werewolves were simply men that could assume wolf form, or "hybrid" form, where they were a cross between a man and a wolf. I assume they would be stronger than an average man but not much. They would also have the ability to track by scent. It was only recently that we started having super-humanly strong werewolves that seemed to gain 3 times their body weight in mass, out of nowhere, when they changed.

To me, vampires would be much scarier as an opponent. Anything that can actually take control of your mind is horrifying to me.

On top of all that think about this:

All a vampire has to do to deal with any mortal threat, is simply outlive it.

AS88

Staff member
Warewolves appeal to my animalistic base nature.

creepy-smile-o.gif

I agree with Nyo in that wolves are awesome, and that weighs on my decision, but I have to go vampire. I just think they're a little more interesting in how they manage their affliction/gift and how they gain intelligence and that sort of stuff. And all that cool stuff Medea just said :p ^

Doesn't stop me mercilessly hunting their hideouts like a predator of the night myself, though :p

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
Vampires, provided that they're depicted the way they should be. (read: NOT FLUFFING TWILIGHT.)

In-game, I like how they are portrayed. Primarily a bunch of rogues that are frowned upon and feared by society. Their lore is interesting, too.

trenzalore

I'll dip my cookies in your tears.
Vampires. Undoubtedly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note III on Tapatalk

Manmangler

(read: NOT FLUFFING TWILIGHT.)
Peoples do weird things for loved ones
I WATCH TWILIGHT ONCE :eek: Because She like it.

Person who watch eighties horror movies, loves underworld etc movies, it was HORROR but not way that movie makers want.
I keep my mouth shut, but She said that my face tells everything I think that movie werewolfs and vampires.

Yep I watched sequels too o_O

But for topic
I hardly use werewolf, now I'm vampire. Bonusess are fun but I wont use Vampireform too much. For magic users vampire and fighter werewolf.

Ot: Vilja dont like my eyes and fangs :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts