OOC The Tsaesci's Foray (TTF) - Character Cards and OOC Discussion

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Hey Gorz, here's my character card. Let me know if there's anything you want me to change. :D

GENERAL INFORMATION
    Name: Melee
    Race: Altmer

SUMMARY
    Melee often comes off as a little eccentric and outgoing in most situations. She's easygoing, eager to make people feel welcome, and can often be a moderator in more tense instances. However, this is not to say that she's a pushover. Melee doesn't hesitate to voice her opinion, and has been known to have a fiery streak and a temper that's rather hard to calm after it has been brought about. This only happens in situations that really offend or upset her.
    While she is friendly, she does not trust people easily. It takes a lot to gain Melee's trust, but when someone does, she's incredibly defensive over that person and will always help them to the best of her ability. Until that happens, however, don't expect her to bend over backwards or go too far out of her way to help.

PHYSICAL PROFILE
    As far as first impressions go, Melee is the typical Altmer; tall, with pale/slightly golden skin, defined features, and piercing green eyes. Her hair, colored a dark purple after being treated with different plant dyes, is very short and tousled. An asymmetric cut, her bangs and the hair toward the front of her head are slightly longer than the hair on the sides or back. She also has a more slender physical build.

COMBAT STYLE
    Since she has received training in ranged weapons since she was young, Melee has grown quite accustomed to using bows and arrows of all kind. She prefers and works best with a glass bow and Dwarven arrows, but she can work with almost anything. Besides a bow and quiver, the only other weapon she uses are her Destruction spells (mainly fire) for when close combat is unavoidable.

QUIRKS AND SUCH
    (I hope it's ok that I'm just putting this in a bulleted list!)
    -Since Melee has spent much time in Skyrim as opposed to the Summerset Isles, and finds it easier to identify with people who live there, rather than other High Elves. However, she does still respect her culture and homeland, and will sometimes catch herself thinking about it and missing it.
    - Melee's mood can change in an instant, from comical and lighthearted to defensive and infuriated.
    - She has a habit of staring off into space (or into fires) when she's deep in thought.
    - She doesn't like talking about certain aspects of her past, and will avoid talking about it or even avoid bringing it up.
    - Even though she studied at Winterhold, she rarely ever uses magic unless it's absolutely necessary.
    - Melee is an only child.
    - Although anyone else rarely sees it, she has a swirling design inked into her upper arm, reach up to her shoulder. It's done in a fashion reminiscent of Elven armor, to remind her of her home.

BACKGROUND STORY
    Melee was born and raised in the Summerset Isles, on the coast of the city of Dusk. From a young age she studied archery, growing to love it the more she practiced it. But while she did enjoy her schooling and training, she found herself playing the part of the outcast in school, and never developed any close bonds with her peers. Once she had finished her schooling and Archery training, she was expected to learn another skill to become a more well rounded student. She traveled to the College of Winterhold in Skyrim, believing that if she were to be well rounded, she should at least study something she was born to be good at.
    Melee blossomed at Winterhold, and formed some of her first real friendships there. She was free to be herself, away from the critical and prying eyes of her peers and family. Not everyone was her friend however, and a tragic event at Winterhold almost cost her everything she had, emotionally and physically. She was permitted to stay at the college, but her trusting demeanor was no longer present. While she remains friendly and helpful, she's very wary of strangers and prefers solitude or small numbers to large groups of people, and has moved to Whiterun to distance herself from the harsh memories of the events at Winterhold. She now helps Arcadia run her Alchemy shop, and receives some informal alchemy training from her in her spare time (when she isn't somewhere practicing her archery).

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    This is great. :> We have a lot of archers already though... I know that's a defining characteristic of Melee, so I won't ask you to change that. ^_^ To maybe set her apart from the others as far as combat style goes, maybe you could have her wield Two-Handed weaponry, instead of magic, or something? It could be a symbol of her endeavor to be as removed as possible from the College. O:

Everything else she brings for the RP is needed. We have like one other female character, and I'm the only other elf (Orc, even)...

There are two other members who would like to join the RP - Agent C and Teritus - but I'm afraid it will get too crowded... I don't think either of them have posted character cards yet, though. And you agreed to joining a while back, I remember. :b

Welcome to the RP. o_o At the top of this thread, I wrote a really brief summary of what has happened so far. You might want to read the first few posts of the actual RP, as well.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Hmm. Ok. I'll look for some swords for her to use, I don't want them to be too high leveled since she doesn't depend on them very much. I'll change that in my character card in a minute. :D

How would you like me to meet up with you then? Kind of come to Dragonsreach at the last minute or something? Whatever you want me to do is fine.

OldLace

researcher of all the things
    She could already be at one of the cities they get posted at, maybe? Just to mix it up!

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    She could already be at one of the cities they get posted at, maybe? Just to mix it up!

I like that idea, gives you guys time to all meet up and get on the road. Then Melee will just be at whatever town/city you guys first come across. :)

Also, I'm looking for swords now. What I think I'm going to do is just find two small/not really high level swords and have her just wield one in each hand. Something really basic. Is that ok?

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    I was thinking that it would be a little while before we got to Markarth (city we will be posted at).

You could just start out at the Great Porch, then get grouped with Trenya (Rath) and Rale. I dunno... If you started at Markarth, then it would be quite a while before we got to you. And I don't want you to be alone for that long. :p

You could even introduce Melee as a prisoner of the Tsaesci a few cells down from Lace and Tai! xD It's up to you, really.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Hmm. I think I'll just have Melee meet up with other members of the group, considering that she's technically already in Whiterun. Maybe she'll just be drawn to the large group of people that's there?

Also, does having two Elven swords sound ok? Since she is technically an Elf and the damage they inflict isn't incredibly high I figured those would be fine for Melee to use as a last resort. :p

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    I like that idea, gives you guys time to all meet up and get on the road. Then Melee will just be at whatever town/city you guys first come across. :)

Also, I'm looking for swords now. What I think I'm going to do is just find two small/not really high level swords and have her just wield one in each hand. Something really basic. Is that ok?

The first town we'll visit will be..... hmm.... ol' Rorikstead. ^_^ You could meet us there. I'd imagine that a militia would attempt to recruit more people in each town, so that could be how we find you.

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    Hmm. I think I'll just have Melee meet up with other members of the group, considering that she's technically already in Whiterun. Maybe she'll just be drawn to the large group of people that's there?

Also, does having two Elven swords sound ok? Since she is technically an Elf and the damage they inflict isn't incredibly high I figured those would be fine for Melee to use as a last resort. :p

No problem at all. :p

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Sweet! I'll plan on being in Rorikstead and running into you guys there. :D

And I'll change the magic part of her combat to two Elven swords. :) Should I post now, or once you guys are on the move and in Rorikstead? I don't mind waiting a while if it takes you guys some time to get there. It'll be sooner than reaching Markarth though. :D

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    Well, the RP hasn't been advancing very quickly, lately. =_= It's only Ri'tai and Lace that have been posting a lot. lol. It might take a little while for everyone to start posting again... Go ahead and post now.

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Ok. I will establish myself in Rorikstead then. :D Shall I just stay here until you guys get moving, or go back to Whiterun at some point and meet you there? Sorry, I feel like I'm asking so many questions. xD

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    No, no, questions are good. :> I'd stay there until we get a move on.

You know, maybe since Melee might be left alone for a while, you could control an NPC to keep you company... Maybe Arcadia? You could be on some sort of journey with her to harvest a rare Alchemy Ingredient... ^_^

Melee

I'm back, bitches
    Good idea. :D I'll get right on that then.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
    Hey I'm back and kinda late... Want me to post like im with you guys in the group or go throught the whole Name age and what can you do for us thing?

Agent C

Dovahkiin
    Did someone see the mage I made on page 3? His name is Cirali.

Gorzash

Battle-Jaded Orc
    Agent C, yeah I saw it. We're just about full right now, though; I had forgotten that I had reserving a spot for Melee ever since before the RP took off... Sorry. :sadface:

EDIT: I'll be sure to contact you if we are ever in need of another member.

Rath, sure, go through the signup process with Falk. It's kind of traditional. :p So far, it looks like you and Rale will end up being grouped in the same squad... Just look at my last post as Tove to get an idea of how the militia is being organized. Basically, the Whiterun guards are organizing everyone into five companies. Our whole group is part of Lieutenant Hrongar's Fourth Company, but we are grouped into separate squads. The guards are defining the boundaries between the different platoons within the companies and different squads within the platoons by handing a red flag (representing the start of a new platoon) or a blue flag (representing the start of a new squad) to a militiaman in line. The squads are usually five men large, and the platoons are usually twenty men large.

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
    Hey, Allet, I was wondering since my character is a Nord that he might have some bad blood with Ashamiir being a Khajiit and all. What do you think? I wanted to run it by you before i wrote more.

Allet

Article Writer
    Hey, Allet, I was wondering since my character is a Nord that he might have some bad blood with Ashamiir being a Khajiit and all. What do you think? I wanted to run it by you before i wrote more.

Go ahead! One of the whole reasons I love roleplaying as a Khajiit is because the racial tensions are intriguing to work through.

I'll try to start posting more in the general RP as well. I realize my performance so far has been lacking; I'm determined to do better!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts