• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Serenity walks into the Silver-Blood Inn, in Markarth. She Had always like the city of Markarth, mostly because of the safety and the dwemer ruins. She walked to the corner if the Inn and thought about the job. She had been as public as she could get without drawing unwanted attention. Mostly she told Kahjiit caravaners and Small Inns. She had hoped someone would've heard of her job, as well as payment, for she would need all the help she could get with this group of slave traders.

blue 468

Arannir lifted his head slightly his hood was covering most of his face and the only thing visible was he one good eye. A woman alone was an uncommon sight in SKyrim he grew curious. He took a long draft of wine and took an old book from his pack and began reading.

Arannir put his head down toward the book but never took his eye off of the girl, there was something different about her her eyes had a certain determination in them.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    Thorhall was surrounded by people near the fire, they were cheering and encouraging with great gusto. The nord mercenary was in a drinking contest with the local sword for hire - Volstag, he called himself - and they were seeing who could finish five bottles of mead first. And what for? For the privilege of being winner, a few septims and being able to sit in the chair near the fire.

Thorhall was leading strong, halfway though his fourth bottle, and Volstag was only beginning his third with a slightly green look on his face. By the time Thorhall had finished to a roaring crowd and had slammed the empty bottle next to its brethren on the table, Volstag wiped his lips and pushed his own bottle away, the blasted thing he wanted nothing to do with it. Yet, he was congratulated on his efforts with a brotherly shoulder pat and they exchanged seats...

Then however, he looked over to the bar and saw a woman sat their. His blurred vision coud tell that much at least, and he moved to hs feat to go over...

Bambi

Nalllia walks into the inn. Casting a look around the place she observes all the patrons. She makes her way to the bar and asks the innkeeper if he knows about the job. He gestures to Serenity and after thanking him, Nallia walks over to her. She asks, her voice soft and somewhat hesitant,
    "Hi... I, uh, I'm hear about the job?"

Nallia was always quiet around new people. She feels uncomfortable asking questions, always like she is prying. She stands there nervously, feeling vulnerable and busies herself with adjusting her bow.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Serenity was quite entertained at the drinking by the fire, she had no idea why, but she found herself having a bit of fun. The first fun that she had had in years. As She clapped along with the chanting, a small Wood Elf girl aproached her. She asked about the job. Serenity couldn't help to let out a chuckle, "and let me guess, you are a soon to be Archer?" She asked the girl, she assumed she was a run away, looking for adventure. She thought that having her along would just get her killed. After a long pause she realized she wasn't just a girl, but a small elf. "So I'm guessing you are no girl... Sorry I mis-interpereted you. Yes I am the one hiring, but i need to know who I am hiring. What is your name?" This wasn't the first time she had worked with an elf. She had grown quite friendly with one from Valenwood. He was on a job near Windhelm, so she had no problem with most other races. In fact, she found most of them quite interesting.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    "Well...." Thorhall sidled up to the bar, leaning against it next to the two women, "hello there..." He was slurring slightly and kept having to adjust his weight on the bar so he didn't fall arse over tit, yet, he still ordered another drink and offered a hand in greeting; wobbling just a little.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance...miss...?"

He smiled widely and lazily, eyes reflecting his happiness.

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    Somebody grabbed Thorall's ear

It was Alyna, a dunmer girl in an odd dress (by tamriel standards), who was working part time as bar maid (she was already labeled "off limits" by Kleppr and Frabbia). She had seen Thorall and had slightly gotten acquainted with him

"Whoa, Thorall! you've had too much! I don't think its a good idea to be flirting with women!" She had a nervous smile has she tugged his head back by his ear.

Then she recognized the women

"Hey, your that lady who has that job she wants done, correct?"

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    He winced in feign pain and his mouth made a noiseless 'O' as he eyes squinted.
    "Alyna! Alyna!" He flapped his hands and went to get his ear back with one hand, "don't worry, they can't..." he hiccuped, "resist me".

The large nord opened his eyes as soon as he heard about a job that needed doing, and he want to turn to Alyna;
    "Seeee, my forté," then he turned back to the mysterious woman with the same stupid smile, "you need a job doing? Look no further, I can fulfill anything you would ask of me~" He lost his balance momentarily but quickly regained it with help of the sturdy wooden bar top. "I've helped many damsels in distress with their 'various problems'".

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    "I really don't think this is a good idea.." she was cut off when Throall turned back to the two women and started boasting how he could get any job done, Alyna decided to add a side comment

"He also owes the silver Blood inn 200 for the drinks hes had tonight and for breaking a stool"

Bambi

Nallia had been watching the scene with a shy sort of humour. She found Nords in taverns funny, but intimidating. Ignoring the others, she turns to Serenity,
    "I'm Nallia. And I'm no 'soon-to-be-archer', I've been using a bow since I was young."
    She pauses for a moment, collecting herself and continues, "I grew up in Valenwood, you see."
    She takes a step backwards, blushing. Nallia isn't used to speaking directly to other people. She generally doesn't have conversations anymore, not after her son.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar walked up the hill towards Markarth, Stone-fury over his shoulder. Many guards looked at him warily, even though they knew he wasn't a forsworn he certainly knew how to dress like one. He was wary as well, knowing there were Thalmor within proximity to the Jarl of Markarth and that he can't do anything about them just yet.

The first stop in the city, as always, would be the nearest tavern. In this case, the Silver Blood inn. He burst through the doors and raised a fist with a hearty "Hail!" to which most of the Nord patrons replied with an equally cheerful greet. He sat at the bar, taking out his personal tankard, filling it with two bottles of honningbrew.

He turned around and took to his drink, listening for any clues related to the real reason he was here. Someone needed help with slave traders, which Crengar would gladly help with. He got his wish, overhearing a couple of women in the corner talking about a job.

Crengar's smile was somehow heartwarming as he sat with them, looking at the Nord woman. "Hail Kinswoman." he looked around a moment and spoke in a lower voice. "Your the one that needed help, yes?"

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Serenity felt overwhelmed with all the attention she was getting about her job. Almost to much help. She new the archer would be a help, and the drunken nord she wasn't sure about. The larger nord that walked in looking like a barbarian she knew could help with the job, but first things first. Serenity took out her sword and yelled, "EVERYONE BACK OFF, NOW!!" Her yelling was successful, "Now about the job, the brute and the elf you are coming with me, as for the drunk... Sober up."

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    "tee hee! sounds like this little quest needs a healer.. may I come?" she tilted her head adorably to the side.

"And please let Thorral come. He just had too many drinks tonight, hes a good guy and a hard worker. Bring him along! he can be used just as a pack mule...." Alyna contemplated

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Serenity noticed the other elf, she was a healer, and she said the drunk was a good guy. "I guess we need a healer, and a mule... Your in." She didn't like cocky guys like Thorral, but if he was like this on the trip she would skin him, without any hesitation.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    Silver-Blood Inn, where the residents of the stone city of Markarth go to rid themselves of the pain they get from hard work. Most of the patrons are the smelters by Cidhna Mine, bearing not only the stress of work, but also the stress of working for their condescending overseer.

I approached the bar, eager to appease my hunger. "Fair tidings, Kleppr. How is the inn?" Kleppr is a dear friend of my family, he is one of the many people who helped us build what is Gracelands today. "Lord Wostrun! Always good to see you here. Oh, still the same. Patrons come and go as often as my wife yells 'I told you so!'" I gave out a slight chuckle at his remarks. "Now now, Kleppr, don't be too harsh on her. If she really does hate you to the core like how you describe her to be, a dagger is already lodged in your throat right now." Just then his wife, Frabbi, approached us. "Despite his idiocy, I do still love him." Frabbi then turned to me, waving a finger in my face. "Now listen to me, Wostrun. You better treat that girl of yours with love and respect! Otherwise, she may regret having to marry you! Unlike someone." Kleppr interrupted with a vile tone. "They are yet to be married and you already pressure him with stuff like that! Oh how I love you, my dear wife." Frabbi gave him a snarl and headed towards the kitchen, turning to my direction midway. "I shall get you the usual, Lord Wostrun." She gave me a smile and took off.

"So, Lord Wostrun. What brings you to Markarth?" Kleppr peered over the counter, staring at my get-up and looked upon my belongings. "And you seem to be going somewhere, too." I gave him an assuring nod. "Indeed I am. Father instructed me to venture all the holds of Skyrim, learn a thing or two from the many land owners regarding their success." "Ah yes, soon you'll be the one who oversees Gracelands. Divines bless you and your travels." Frabbi then appeared, holding a platter of venison chop and an assortment of vegetables, along with a bottle of wine. "Here you go, sweetie." I gave her a nod and a smile.

As I help myself to the meal, a handful of strangers converge upon a hooded stranger sitting alone. "Kleppr, who's that lady right there?" Kleppr turned towards the stranger. "Her? I don't know much. All I heard is that she has a job petition or something. Hey, she may be a traveler too, maybe you could go with her, experience the thrill of adventure." I took a sip of wine as I look upon the lady. A companion could be beneficial, but her motives for traveling is unknown to me. I mused to myself, feeling a bit uneasy with the idea. "Well, what the heck. Gracelands was founded by daring souls anyway. To adventure!" Kleppr and I chuckled lightly as I raise the cup in my hand. I finished my meal and took a sip of liquid courage, and approached the lady.

"Fair tidings, milady, and to your fellows." I nodded to the strangers surrounding her as I spoke. "Are you a group of travelers? If one is permitted, perhaps I could join your merry band." I gave her a smile, awaiting for her response.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Serenity already had 4 people going with her. She was overwhelmed, and hoping to be going soon. Just as she was going to say something else, a breton came close. "Well it appears that we are a group of travelers now, aren't we." she said to him sarcastically. "I suppose we have room for one more." She wasn't regretting her decision of hiring all these people, she had practically a whole army at her disposal. She was going to get revenge, and more.

blue 468

Arannir was watching the girl closely she already had a small army at her disposal, Arannir wasn't interested in money or adventure but there was something interesting in her. Arannir decided that he would follow the group and watch them from the shadows. Arannir got out of his seat and exited the tavern the sun was setting and the air was cool against his skin, he continued walking down the rode whistling and old Nordic tone he learned from a very old man he met many years ago.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    "Brilliant. Just let me know when are we leaving, I care not where, I'll be traveling all of Skyrim anyway. Just out of curiosity, what's your intention in venturing the vast land of the northern province of Tamriel?" I looked upon her with curiosity as she seemed to be not really in it for the adventure, but for something else.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    The breton asked the question she had been ready to answer. "Everyone listen up," she said to the group, "We are looking for a man called Ranolf Kin-Bane, he is a child slave trader. I want to find him, get some information, then kill him. It won't be easy, he has an army of bandits following his caravan, and he travels alot. I have picked up his trial, and he is stopped currently in Falkreath." she continued explaining, "Payment is 3000 gold a peice up front, 3000 when the job is done, plus any thing you find on the way." She had the gold, and she needed to find Ranolf.

Bambi

Nallia eyes the group warily. There are so many people around her she feels a little bit claustrophobic. She is, however, happy to help. Especially considering it will benefit many children to kill a slave trader. She enjoys murder any day, but on the rare occasion that someone will actually benefit from it she is especially eager. The gold is a benefit too. She has been struggling since she arrived in Skyrim, and she will be happy when those days come to an end. She clears her throat and speaks up once again, a change from her previous silence,
    "Shall we get going then?"

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts