• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Jeroo-Shei stood outside of the gate to the city conversing with the guards about his bounty.

"What will that be, about 40 septims? For theft and attempted assault?" he said to the guard. With a deep, barbarian-like voice, the guard answered him with, "Yeah, it happens again, you'll be mining until you cough up your beating heart from exhaustion. Do you understand, Lizard?!" Jeroo-Shei then responded in a smart aleck tone, "Yeah, yeah..." then dug around in his pockets for those 4 special white septims he had that were worth 10 septims each. He pulled them out of his pocket and handed them to the guard. The guard took his money, then nodded and let the Argonian Vampire into the city.

Jeroo-Shei pushed the Dwarven doors apart then closed them as he entered the city. Jeroo-Shei liked Markarth, an interesting city to him. All the advanced Dwarven mechanics and technology, it even had pendulum clocks made out of Dwemer components (OOC: I know it actually doesn't, I'm just saying that hypothetically because I think it would be cool). Jeroo loved the hospitality he received from his good friends in Riften, Talen-Jei and Keerava, but he felt he should expand his horizons, as he had been to Markarth only 6 times in all the centuries he had lived in Skyrim.

The Argonian opened the door to the Silver-Blood inn, just to relax there temporarily. He had fed off of human blood not too long ago so it was not like he needed that or anything. He was about to sit down at a nearby table, not even bothering to say a word to the innkeeper. Then suddenly as he inched himself over to sit in the chair, he heard a feminine voice across the room that shouted, "Everyone listen up, we are looking for a man called Ranolf Kin-Bane, he is a child slave trader. I want to find him, get some information, then kill him. It won't be easy, he has an army of bandits following his caravan, and he travels alot. I have picked up his trial, and he is stopped currently in Falkreath. Payment is 3000 gold a piece up front, 3000 when the job is done, plus any thing you find on the way."

The words "child slave trader", were what caught Jeroo-Shei's attention. He seeked out the source of origin from this voice. While wandering across the Inn, he found a hooded woman standing in front of quite a various group of individuals. Jeroo-Shei tapped her on the shoulder from behind when he got to her and said, "Excuse me, I heard you speak from across the room, it is looking to eliminate a child slave trader? You've gathered quite the battalion. I wish to join unless there is not room for one more. I was a hatchling slave myself. I don't know about your past, but you should understand if you were a slave like I was. So nothing would make me happier than to see the corpse of that bastard you mentioned soak in the mud."

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar's brows raised when the woman shouted, with a reaction no more serious than a surprised smile. He liked a girl with a fire in her soul.

He listened to her quest, growling in his throat when he learned of what they would be hunting. "Damnable cowards." he thought to himself. He couldn't stop his brash nature from taking over in that moment, a deep, justable tone in his voice. "Not to worry, dear lady." he complimented. "If this scum has reduced to child slavery, he won't be a match for us, no matter how many are on his side."

The giant Nord stood up and went someplace more adjacent just to give his new comrades breathing room. Stone fury stood beside him, holding it to the ground like a spear while the half full tankard remained held up in his other hand, taking drinks now and then. He spent the rest of the planning time to study his party. He felt an odd look on his face with each elf he saw, but tried to keep his silent prejudice under the ropes. There were more important things to worry about.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    Thorhall had got lost amid conversation, making gestures and expressions of unfinished defiance, offence and comebacks at the people who referred to him as drunk, pack mule and bringing up the fact that he owed money and a new stool.
    "Hey! I can hold my own with the best of 'em!" He grumbled defiantly and cast a look at the hulking barbarian before turning to Alyna discreetly (discreet by drunk standards) "even if I don't look like I've been raised in mount doom by bears..."

He ordered food, a sweet roll, in hopes te pastry would suck up any alcohol in his system...so he took a giant chomp and chewed with delight; happy enough to have mead in hs blood and food in his belly.

Bambi

OOC - Ikr? I'm all the way in Australia >.>

Nallia giggles quietly at the drunk Nord. Although she will never say so for fear of being beaten up, she finds some Nord customs quite humorous. She simply cannot understand the appeal with getting drunk every night. Perhaps one day she will find a Nord who is friendly enough towards elves to explain it to her.

Seeing the Nord order and then take a bite of the sweet roll, her stomach growls. It has been a while since her last meal. She pushes away her hunger, she doesn't have the time nor coin to waste on overpriced tavern food when she can find all she needs in the wilds.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    My eyes widened and my brows raised as I was quite surprised at what the female nord said to my earlier inquiry. "A quest for revenge? But more importantly, CHILD SLAVE TRADER?! Clearly this is not the group I assumed you to be. Are you serious? CHILD SLAVE TRADER?!" My tone would give justice to the baffling idea. Clearly there is a need to expand my views with the world. "I care not for gold, the rest of you can share my payment. I'm in!"

I left the group and head back to the stool I was sitting on earlier. I grabbed the wine bottle in front of me and chugged it halfway, almost choking on it at the pace I was drinking. "Kleppr! Can you believe that?! Slavery in Skyrim is one thing, but involving children?!" Kleppr then spoke, lending a tone of indifference, as if the idea is not new to him. "Well of course, Lord Wostrun. Slavery is quite spread throughout Tamriel, not just in Skyrim." I looked upon Kleppr, with mouth agape and eyes round as the moon. "By the gods, how could I be so ignorant. Who's to say that these vagabonds won't try and take the women and children in Gracelands and be sold as slaves. Little Dam, that rascal Timmy. LEA!"

I stood from my seat once again, grabbing my bag and approached the group. "When are we leaving?" I spoke to the female nord, the one who petitioned for the job, with a tone of eagerness.

Bambi

Nallia watches the Breton with raised eyebrows. He's so loud and enthusiastic that she thinks him slightly mad. The incredulous tone in which he speaks of the idea of child slavery makes her wonder what sort of closed-off world he grew up in. It's common knowledge that slavery has quite a presence in Tamriel.

When Kleppr speaks, her brow furrows. He addresses the man with the title 'Lord'. From what she knows of Skyrim, this title is not simply tossed around. She wonders what he is a Lord of, exactly. Perhaps enthusiasm.

When he approaches the group she subconsciously takes a step backwards. Nallia is usually so quiet that his talkativeness intimidates her.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar couldn't hide a hearty laugh at the drunk's remark. In normal circumstances he'd give a squinted glare, but knew he couldn't get onto him because one: he was a kinsman. two: he was drunk. And three: he couldn't blame him for thinking that way about him (Most in civilized society could agree). So he decided to return the camaraderie "Yes, I'm sure you make your ancestors proud with your subtlety ." he grinned.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    "Well they already have a lot to be proud of," He puffed his chest out, only to rub it a little as his chest rumbled with the starts of heartburn.

He always ate food to fast, swallowing it as though he had no teeth in his head, and he usually ended up with indigestion. Never mind though...

Thorhall noticed the slight elf, who had glanced over at his food and hey eyes had a definite hunger behind them. So, being the good Samaritan he was, he ripped off a piece of the pastry, sacrificing a little of the icing (which was the best part to Thorhall) and offered the chunk to the wood elf - jiggling it in her direction with a smile and the rhetorical question of "Want some?"

Bambi

Nallia jerks back slightly by habit, before taking a tentative step towards Thorhall. Tilting her head slightly, she looks between him and the chunk of sweet roll. It's strange that he would offer his food to a complete stranger and had she not seen him eating it she would be suspicious of poison.

She reaches out her hand and closes it around the chunk, taking it from him and giving a quick 'thank you' before wolfing it down.

Isara12

Oblivion explorer
    "So the team has been made up.." Aklyna sighed. suddenly she clapped her hands together with a surprised look on her face.

"Oh my! We haven't introduced ourselves have we?" Alyna grabbed Thorall and pulled him with herself in front of the group.

"I'm Alyna, of house Athera, and this is Thorall" she coutseyd

Bambi

Nallia blushes, embarrassed. She steps back again without saying a word like a frightened animal. When Alya speaks she raises her eyebrows. She's just as enthusiastic as the other one. She isn't really one for introductions, or conversation at all, but never-the-less, she replies,
    "Nallia."

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    Thorall looked surprised when he was dragged upwards by Alyna, off his stool, but he quickly regained some form of drunken composure and stood with pride. He lifted a hand and gave a mighty 'hail' to the group, which a majority of other patrons actually cheered at. He must have been a local favourite.

GuardianCren1812

The guy with the axe
    Crengar slammed a fist against his chest once in what seemed to be a proud salute. "Crengar, last of the Stone-blood clan."

(Pardon the one liner, getting late and I figured I'd let Crengar make his proud introduction if nothing else XP)

Bambi

As he slams his fist on his chest, Nallia flinches. It's not because she's scared, because that's certainly not the case, but rather out of habit. She's always on her toes to the extent that loud noises and big actions startle her.

This is something else she doesn't understand about Nords - they're so damn loud. The words 'Stone-blood clan' don't ring any bells, but she assumes it must be something significant as he said it with so much pride and felt the need to whack himself as he did so, which she thinks is utterly bizarre.

UnLonged

True to the Name
    I smirked slightly as I witness the short woman hork down a small chunk of pastry. I turned to Kleppr who is also eyeing the woman. I pointed to her and - as if reading my mind for what I meant - Kleppr nodded, signaling her wife to bring a meal. I tapped the woman, who introduced herself to be Nallia, on her shoulder and whispered, "If you are still hungry, you can approach the innkeeper by the counter, I have ordered a meal for you."

The other strangers introduced themselves; the enthusiastic Alyna, her drunken companion Thorall, and the brawny nord Crengar.

"Wostrun Grace - son of Julien Grace, the magnate of Gracelands." I took a short bow to the hooded lady, and nodded to the other members of the group.

Bambi

She's taken aback. People generally don't do things like this for others, especially when it's for mer. No one's really done anything kind for her since she left Cyrodil. She looks up at Wostrun and asks, checking she heard him correctly,
    "You... ordered me a meal? ...Why?"

She's still very hungry, but she's used to being hungry so it's not that big of a deal. She thinks of words like poison in the back of her mind, but chooses to, for the moment, push away the idea he'd want to kill her.

Boudica

English Yao Ming
    "Oooooooh," Thorall 'ooohed' childishly, "we're in the presence of a 'loooord' ooooooh~"
    He held those with power and influence in contempt, and was still much in the sway of the alcohol swimming in his blood. Yet, on a subconscious level, he was still expecting a sharp elbow in the ribs from Alyna...

blue 468

Arannir had made it to lake yorgrim, the, icy water slowly flowed under the thick sheet of ice. Arannirwas seated on a large stump when a large horker waddled by. Arannir laughed at the thought of trying to mount one and ride it into battle. After his sudden fit of craziness Arannir stood up and decided to practice his archery while he waited for the group to catch up. He had been shooting for a few minutes when three Nords garbed in Stormcloak attire approached him.

"What's and elf doing way out here all by himself?" Said the first Nord, the three started to circle him. Arannir took a step back then smiled, taking two steps forward he said to the Nord that had spoke "OOHH I don't know just lolygagging how bout you." He was right in front of the Nord looking him straight in the eye "That's none of your business elf." He said stepping back.

Arannir smiled his statistic side replacing his cool demeanor, with out a second thought he plunged his dagger straight into his stomach, he quickly pulled it out throwing it at the second striking him in the leg. The last drew his sword and swung, Arannir ducked pulling it out of his hand, spinning and slicing off his hand in one fluid move.

After Arannir finished them of he smiled then set aside his craziness and continued walking west.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts