OOC The Illusion Of Knowledge

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    You know, it's a shame Mes isn't still around. He could've given me some advice on places to see while I was in Louisiana.

In other news, I just recently found out that alligator isn't kosher. Thankfully, what Grandma doesn't know won't hurt her.

Also, anybody working on a post for TGerA?

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    I just had coffee.

I've just blasted out the majority of a response to Legend of Lies, I'm also currently working on a post for Blades in the Night (I think it's still going if the OOC thread is anything to go by) and I have the beginnings of a response to the tavern in TGerA.

I'll also be putting up a separate post, documenting Krul's progress since last we saw him. I've been playing as an orc in game to help get into the right mindset. I have big plans for my boy. Oh yes, big plans indeed.

In other news how is everyone? Are you well? I feel fantastic, honestly having some time off from work has done wonders for my creativity. I have a few thoughts on Elsa 2.0 that still need work but I'm getting there.

I bought a kettle today.

Ponder

A kettle of what? Is that some kind of Britishism?

I... I don't understand.

I'm good. Still pondering the aforementioned alligator, but that's how it goes. I'm also incredibly jealous of Mes, because even though I think Seattle is gorgeous, the bayou area of Louisiana has to be one of the most beautiful and lush places I've ever seen.

Also, oooh! I'm excited for more Krul.

Bring the Krul! We want the Krul!

And definitely feeling that rush of creativity. That's what vacation does for us, I guess.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Oh Ponder, is the bayou anything like the salt marshes of Morrowind? Have you met a little green man named Fargoth?

I've been fairly well. Had a fun time Tuesday night with some friends, went to sleep at 2:30 and woke at 7, suffered for it but I'm back to normal. I also canned a lot of green and purple beans yesterday and today, and I'm toying with some ideas for a fantasy world. I've been playing Tacitus Axianus in Oblivion for the past few weeks, but I just went back to Skyrim and find that I'm actually quite enjoying playing a new character with some gameplay rules/restrictions.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    A kettle...typically a metal container in which water is boiled. Often powered via electrical mains, but in the past has often been free standing and heated on top of a kitchen stove. I'm quite sure "kettle" is a transatlantic word...

In any case I need one for the new flat (that is yet to be found), so I went shopping this morning. I'm transitioning into a fully-fledged adult. It's okay though because my pizza slicer is shaped like The Starship Enterprise and Grumpy and I are planning on getting the Lego Deathstar for the living room as an anniversary present to ourselves later on.

Also, despite it's non-kosher nature, how does gator taste? Is it any good? How was it seasoned etc.

Ponder

But I mean, you were just buying the kettle? That's it? I didn't even know those were still a thing. I mean, obviously they still exist, I just assumed they'd gone the route of the broadsword--historical, vaguely interesting and occasionally deadly object most often accompanied by screams, but of no real practical use in the modern world.

Then again, I have a special agreement with tea, in that I agree not to drink it if it agrees to never allow me to drink it.

And alligator is pretty good. I had an alligator po' boy (which is Louisiana talk for sandwich, apparently), so it was pretty much honest to god deep fried alligator with two leaves of lettuce and a single slice tomato, but it was still very good. Some people said it tasted like chicken, but that's only true in the sense that chicken tastes lie everything else. It's really heavy, and a little... spicy? Sharp? I can't really think of any other way to describe it. The meat was also really thick, but sort of burst when you chewed through it.

And yay for you and Grumpy! Happy anniversary, whenever that happens!

Smooth, I'd say the bayou is almost exactly like the salt marshes except for pretty much everything. It's not gloomy at all (at least where I was), and wonderfully lush. And there were very few dead things (that I saw, at least)

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    ....How else do you boil water for your tea?? ...Oh.

I see.

large.gif

Ponder

That expression! Those eyes! The level of unimpressed in that gif is at least 12/10.

I am impressed.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    I felt it perfectly encompassed the level of side eye I gave that post IRL.

Also, I must ask, and after this one question I swear I'll let the subject die...but did you have any tea whilst in England? No offence, but the American understanding of tea is quite far from the actuality of it. tea is a heavenly beverage, the brewing of which is practically a ritual, each step very specific. The tea I've had in America.....it wasn't what I would call tea per se.

Ponder

I did, although it was just from some small pastry shop somewhere between Victoria Coach Station and Hyde Park, so I'm not sure if it really counts. That being said, I also had tea in Ireland and high tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria (which, I've been told, has some of the best tea this side of the pond).

To me, it was all kind of... meh.

I'll stick with coffee. I hope this means we can still be friends.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Ponder, I would hope you knew by now that I'm not the kind of person who would let such a distasteful aversion to tea get in the way of friendship.

In all seriousness though, it's whatever. It sin't for most people, and if made badly it just tastes like hot milk which personally I think is vile. I only drink Earl Grey or Assam, simply because they're stronger and a bit more bitter than your standard Lady Grey or English Breakfast.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    okay, Elsa has a response for now, it's shorter than I'd like but I'd rather offer a shorter post right now and move onto working on more as far as Krul in concerned. Hopefully that's alright with everyone, but if you feel the post is lacking I can always make additions.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Oh, my current Skyrim character is named Ella. Coincidence? I think not.

Although it sort of is, but that's beside the point, I've got a CC for her in the works and at some point Ella and Elsa just may meet.

Ponder

We want the Krul! Give us the Krul!

...I may have a blossoming obsession with your orc.

And since I plan on returning to London sometime soon anyways, tell me a place you really recommend for their tea and I'll see if I can try it when I'm there. Although do keep in mind that it took me about 40 minutes to walk from Victoria Coach to Hyde Park, and I only ever found Hyde Park because I was looking for the Thames.

Finding places isn't my strong suit, is what I'm saying.

Also, something I've been wondering for a while (and sorry if you already answered this and I just forgot, and if it's too personal that's fine and ignore me): does Grumpy know about your strange internet friends (i.e. us), or are we kept secret from the world?

If he does, send him my love.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Grumpy is aware.

I can tell he doesn't quite understand why I enjoy these forums so much, and he thinks I am incredibly nerdy for doing so, but he has said he think it's nice I've found others with similar interests.

Of the pair of us, I'm definitely the geekier one, but he's into the same kinds of stuff. Just....less enthusiastically. He hadn't played DA, but after seeing how excited I've been about Inquisition he's bought the GOTY ed. of Origins. He's calling the Landsmeet this weekend. I've converted another to the way of Bioware. He's obsessed.

I shall let him know you send your love, don't worry.

EDIT - I shall confer with people and find you a nice place to have tea next time you're in the area.

All hail Krul.

Ponder

OMFGGGGGGGGG! DA:I!

If you hear squeals of excitement from over there, it's probably me.

I am so pumped it's killing me. Figuratively. I hope.

One day now we need to stand around him in robes chanting "One of us! One of us!". Because Bioware is life, and Bioware is love.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    oh my gosh YES! Great plan is great.

Do we want embroidered robes with our favourite symbols from all the games lining the hood and sleeves...or do we want to keep it simple? I'm thinking orange or red, but I can be persuaded.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts