OOC The Illusion Of Knowledge

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    It's now a widely accepted fact. I have no idea who Randy Gregory is but I agree with this. That's just how solid an idea it is.
    Randy Gregory is a very, very good American football player. He currently goes to the University of Nebraska, but will probably be a first round NFL draft pick after the season is over. He is also one of my favorite non-MSU players. He was the second best player in the Big Ten conference at his position, behind only Bane (Bane scored 3 touchdowns in 2 games... as a defensive player. He is also a big softy and gives free hugs on campus). Note: I now picture Bane from Batman as Shilique Calhoun, AKA Bane.

On a more on topic-ish note: I have seen neither Guardians of the Galaxy nor the Avengers. I was never a huge fan of Marvel movies. I LOVED Batman because of the sick humor and dark vibe I got from the movie. Batman was incredibly flawed and the villains were incredibly twisted and brilliant. It was sophisticated. I have a hard time feeling the same sophistication when it comes to the Incredible Hulk and Ironman. Gave Superman a try, but I laughed my ass off the entire movie - I jut couldn't take it seriously.

Should I give these two movies a try?

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Oh my goodness.

At some point I need to learn about american football because that made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. Well, I understood the part about hugs. I can get behind that.

If you're looking for twisted and sophisticated heroes, Joss Whedon is not your guy. A lot of the Marvel films are...simplifying the heroes to make them a better fit for the summer blockbuster niche. However, I reckon your best bet would be Captain America. Poor lad. He's got a very dark story....maybe the comics would be a better option....they seem to be making his story a bit cuddlier in the films. That isn't to say it's all sunshine and rainbows. But if you were going to pick a current generation Marvel Hero, I'd suggest Cap for you.

But go watch Guardians anyway. I mean, it has a wonderful 80s soundtrack, Chris Pratt aka. the sweetest man alive is the lead role, Vin Diesel is adorable, Dave Bautista is in it (so many conflicting thoughts about him), and Zoe Saldana kicks ass. Not to mention Bradley Cooper is a maniacal racoon with big guns. Like....how could you not want to watch how that plays out?

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I've finally recovered from the Summer Slaughter tour yesterday. It was an incredibly fun time. It was a good mix of 80s-style death metal bands with lots of black leather and traditional but fun metal riffs, tech death bands for which the crowd went pretty crazy, more progressive acts like The Faceless (who were excellent, by the way) and no frills death metal (only one band in that category, but possibly the most fun, because the vocalist was like a stoner Jesus dude who must have been at least 50, had long dreads, and was really animated and metal). Much banging of heads was done, and my friends and I hit the hot tub afterward. I've still got to read Farth's post in TGA.

Edit: forgot to mention I was stage-dove (dived?) onto, flattened like a pancake.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Hot tubs are legit.

Ponder

International Man of Mystery
    So after watching GotG a third time (it just keeps on happening, okay?), I'm a little less fond of it. The jokes were great, but there is so, so, much exposition in that movie's dialogue. It's ridiculous. I mean, the movie still has fun parts, but I found myself thinking that some of the characterization and a lot of the plot development could have been handled a lot better.

At any rate, I'll be working on a post tomorrow to get things moving. Whoever's around is coming, whoever's not can figure out some way to join in.

So either we can do something where Tanar leaves the bar with people, or they all meet at the North Gate and head out (in which case, people could tell me who's there and I could write their presence into my next post).

Unless there was something you wanted to do with the guards, Aerin?

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Not really. I just figured I had little to offer by way of post and it kind of wrote itself. To be honest I could have left it out so I may go back and edit it.

Ponder

Alright. Since you and Farth are the only two who have written posts after mine, do you have a preference between skipping to the North Gate or writing starting from the point where our characters would leave the bar?

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Whatever exit method we use will work with my planned post with Gregory running from the guards. It would probably make more sense if you guys skipped to the gate, so Gregory could make a sudden appearance, sprinting towards the gates, pursued by city guards, and hastily join the group as they are about to head out, leaving the city and the guards.

Also, I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy. While I'm not much of a fan of Marvel, the movie wasn't half bad. Though, I felt a little uninformed at the beginning, and yeah I agree Ponder, there was a lot of exposition in the dialogue. Oh well, at least I didn't hate it.

Farthlion

I swear to drunk, I'm not Talos.
    Op, not sure how close you live to Detroit (as it says in your location), but stay safe. My parents' basement in Royal Oak is flooded pretty bad and they can't get anywhere. Thankfully mom works from home - but my dad has grown stir crazy. These ain't my pics, but they are a friend's, who lives relatively close to the 'rents.
    3012285.JPG

3012282.JPG

Edit: Also, it just occurred to me that your *possible* close proximity to Ann Arbor could mean you are a a wolverine. In which case, we would have to renounce our friendship. Please tell me you a.) are a Spartan b.) do not care for the wolverines c.) do not care for college sports d.) are a Spartan

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I'm not close enough that the flooding happened where I live, but I'm in Chicago right now anyway so there's no danger. Though I appreciate the sentiment, and I don't care for college sports, so we can stay friends.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Have a good think about the tattoo. If there is any chance of regret later on in life you'll hate yourself.

Ponder

Speaking from experience, Aerin, or just some friendly advice?

Also, sorry it's taking me some time to post something. There I was, being all "if people don't post", and then I go and don't post. But it's in the works, at the very least.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    I regret not getting one done properly. The design was fine, but the artists lines aren't really what I asked or paid for. So let's go with friendly advice?

Also I have been wanting to post but I'm back at work (promoted to front of house, woo!) so my days are stupidly long. I am planning on trying to post something this evening however. I don't finish work until 10pm GMT, and I tend to have completed all my job by half 7, so that should give me time to do an Elsa post. Krul has a half written piece of plopse currently on my laptop. It needs reviewing and then rewriting, and then drafting and then rewriting again...

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    Just tried to update and edit my last post 5 WHOLE TIMES. The site keeps crashing all the browsers on this site.

So in essence - Elsa doesn't hide behind the counter she just sulks a bit. There was some lovely description on the guards and there was a nice bit about the relationship between the local house guards, city guards and citizens. Finally Elsa chose to go along with the expedition and pretend like she was legit and stuff until she could make a fresh start in another city.

Basically it was a fantastic post. I'm not saying it was my best writing ever, but it was up there. You guys would have been so impressed. Like "wow, Aerin really stepped up her game on this one!"

But instead technology failed me.

Worse than that, it failed us *grand inclusive hand gesture*

Naturally I seem to be alright posting on this thread. Always the way isn't it? I can add another post in response but...I don't see what much I can do. Unless I respond to Farth's quirked brow or Smooth's mysterious silence. It feels a bit rude to just drop everything and walk out the tavern to start a new life.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    So...the weather is...grey.

...yeah. Uh, how are we all? Should I just respond IC to get thins going again? I'd rather wait for some kind of response from Kebu/Smooth, but if he's not around Elsa can make like a tree and head over to the rendezvous.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I would respond, but there's not really anything to respond to. Elsa's waiting for the people looking for her to be gone still.

Oh, and I'm well, been working on a couple of fantasy worlds lately.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
    I forgot I hadn't been able to edit that post. Alright, what I'll do is tomorrow I will try and edit that post so that she simply hides under her hood and makes an awkward and rather hasty escape.

And fantasy worlds?? Do tell.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts