Sports Sports Sports Sports

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Irish

Thane of Solitude
The Jets are gunna suck for years to come. Not worth talking about right now.

Some GREAT games so far this postseason, especially today. I find myself pulling for the Ravens hoping Ray Lewis gets that ring before he retires.

I was cheering on the Ravens, too...mostly because I'm afraid of Ray Lewis. :p Can't wait for the Falcons/Seahawks game tomorrow!

Clau

The Fateless One
NHL unveiled their 48 Game Regular Season. Luckily, we have NHLN-US that will broadcast 78 games. That said, Go Bruins!

We have five guys invited into the training camp and looking at the names, I feel that only Bourque and Bartkowski have the chance to making it.

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Looks like I'm going to be a 49ers fan for the next few weeks.

I am glad the NHL is back but its to late to save the Winter Classic. So its only a half victory. Go Wings.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
NHL unveiled their 48 Game Regular Season. Luckily, we have NHLN-US that will broadcast 78 games. That said, Go Bruins!

We have five guys invited into the training camp and looking at the names, I feel that only Bourque and Bartkowski have the chance to making it.

Looks like I'm going to be a 49ers fan for the next few weeks.

I am glad the NHL is back but its to late to save the Winter Classic. So its only a half victory. Go Wings.

Ordinarily, I'd be most eager to chime in with my Go Flyers! line, but man, I'm still pissed about all the games lost to this stupid-ass lockout. Have yet to watch a game. Trust me, it was a monumental challenge as my Black & Orange was on TV yesterday against the hated Penguins, and again today against the Sabres.

The true challenge will come when the playoffs for Stanley start. Meh, I'm sure I'll sneak a few viewings in, just not too sure if I'm gonna bother with an entire game.

The Phoenician

Ordinarily, I'd be most eager to chime in with my Go Flyers! line, but man, I'm still pissed about all the games lost to this stupid-ass lockout. Have yet to watch a game. Trust me, it was a monumental challenge as my Black & Orange was on TV yesterday against the hated Penguins, and again today against the Sabres.

The true challenge will come when the playoffs for Stanley start. Meh, I'm sure I'll sneak a few viewings in, just not too sure if I'm gonna bother with an entire game.

Oh it'll happen. It may take a close rivalry game with playoffs on the line. But you'll get sucked back in.

dunklunk

Oh it'll happen. It may take a close rivalry game with playoffs on the line. But you'll get sucked back in.

Yeah, you're probably right. I did, however, cancel that NHL package where I can stream just about any game over the PC or laptop. Subscribed to that for the past three seasons, but not this year. Taking a break cuz of the lockout. Definitely resume it this fall though.

Clau

The Fateless One
Things look grim for the once mighty LA Lakers. Last night they lost to the Memphis Grizzlies and to add worst, Dwight Howard aggravated his torn laborum. Lakers are currently 17-25 with a .405 win percentage. This is becoming a nightmare for them. Howard finds himself in an unhappy situation once again. Kobe is frustrated as hell. Nash seems to be eerily quiet. Pau Gasol needs a new team.

I'm not ready to give the Pacific division crown the other LA team known as the Clippers. Golden State Warriors showed this week that they have the tools to win the Pacific title.

On the flipside, my Sacramento Kings are 1 1/2 games away from surpassing the Lakers in the Pacific division and the western conference. Also, Kings could be moving to Seattle as Chris Hansen's group alongside Microsoft's Balmer, have agreed in principle with a purchase agreement for the said franchise worth roughly around $525 Million. That sales figure is unprecedented in the NBA's history of sales quotation for a team. Warriors selling price was $450 Million.

Last year, Forbes ranked the Kings worth $280 Million.

dunklunk

As you'd expect, Clau, the town is all abuzz with the possible sale and move of the Kings. They also are looking into an NHL team, possibly the Coyotes. That new arena still hasn't been approved, but we'll see. I don't really care for the NBA, as Stern's a major dipwad, but I do acknowledge the passionate Sonics fans and the team they lost. Oh, did I mention that Stern's a jerk? And that's being nice. ;):mad::)

KaitoGhost

Sea Sponge First Mate
The thing people forget about Tebow at Denver is that he did do a better job than the guy he replaced. I'm no Tebow fanboy by any means but he did get them to the playoffs while they would have had at least five more losses with Orton. Id like to see Tebow on a team that will play to his strength instead of just signing him for publicity. Granted he'll probably never be successful "traditional" QB. But he is a threat to score when he has the ball.

Tebow will never be a successful NFL quarterback. He simply just cannot throw the ball well enough. Unless he changes positions (beefing up and becoming a powerback is probably his best option), he will forever be relegated to backup status, only coming in when whatever team he goes to decides to run the Wildcat.

That being said, I'm sad to see the Jets getting rid of him. Mostly because I'm a Dolphins fan, and would love for the Jets to continue having 2 of the most inconsistent QBs in the league. Yes, I'm looking at you, Sanchez.

Clau

The Fateless One
As you'd expect, Clau, the town is all abuzz with the possible sale and move of the Kings. They also are looking into an NHL team, possibly the Coyotes. That new arena still hasn't been approved, but we'll see. I don't really care for the NBA, as Stern's a major dipwad, but I do acknowledge the passionate Sonics fans and the team they lost. Oh, did I mention that Stern's a jerk? And that's being nice. ;):mad::)

Don't worry, Stern will step down in February 2014. :D

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
Tebow will never be a successful NFL quarterback. He simply just cannot throw the ball well enough. Unless he changes positions (beefing up and becoming a powerback is probably his best option), he will forever be relegated to backup status, only coming in when whatever team he goes to decides to run the Wildcat.

That being said, I'm sad to see the Jets getting rid of him. Mostly because I'm a Dolphins fan, and would love for the Jets to continue having 2 of the most inconsistent QBs in the league. Yes, I'm looking at you, Sanchez.
Don't be surprised if Tebow ends up in FL though. The hometown crowd he could pull with the Jags might salvage a few ticket sales. The guy either needs to start playing TE, or take a year off and hire an expert to help fix his plopsty throwing mechanics.

The Phoenician

I'd seriously put him on special teams.

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
Watch him end up in Philly. No doubt ol' Chip would use him in some insane 4th and 6 go for it play. BTW...fl*ff the Eagles.....:D

Clau

The Fateless One
So for SB XLVIII: Ravens or 49ers?

Heart says 49ers, head says Ravens. I dunno why.

The Phoenician

I actually don't know who I want to win. I might root for the Ravens just to give my Niner fan of a wife a hard time. But no matter who wins Ray lewis will give an emotional speech and cry.

The Phoenician

Wow Ed Reed just gave SF a touch down

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts