Sports Sports Sports Sports

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr
It's the biggest sporting weekend of the year down here in Australia thanks to the AFL and NRL Grand Finals (the AFL grand final is happening right now actually), so it's good an excuse as any to start a sports thread. This thread is dedicated to all things sports related.

Some questions to get you started:
What are your favourite sports?
Do you play any sports?
What sporting teams do you follow?
Who do you think will win the *insert sporting competition here*?
Who would win the Tamriel football league?

Some answers from me:

I love Aussie Rules football and I'm a pretty big Saints fan, as I was born in St. Kilda before moving to Tasmania. But I also like soccer (to many, the real football) and I support the Melbourne Victory in the A-league, and Tottenham Hotspur in the premier league as that was my English grandma's team. I'm also like watching the cricket during summer, and I like basketball as well although I don't follow any particular NBA team.

I used to play Aussie Rules football and soccer in high school, but haven't played them seriously in years. I continued playing cricket after high school for a couple of years before moving to Launceston, but I haven't picked up a bat in a while now. I was never that good but if you live in a small town there's not much else to do :p. I would like to get back into sports, but not as much as I like gaming and I have little time for too many hobbies.

And do any of you non-Australians know what the AFL is? If you don't, you're missing out on the most awesomest type of football there is ;)

mamali

i play football , i mean real football which americans call '' soccer '' and sometimes i play basketball at school ,
my favorite soccer teams are'' juventus'' , ''AC milan'' and ''Esteghlal Tehran'' . don't know a lot about NBA basketball teams but i was Chicago bulls fan when i was a kid :D

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Soccer, basketball and tennis it has to be for me.

Do you play any sports?
Yep, soccer for a local club.

Chelsea in the Premier League and I have my own team back in Serbia that I follow.

Who do you think will win the *insert sporting competition here*?
Premier League? Probably Man City.

Hmm, tough one. I'll say Cyrodiil because it has the highest population (I think), and therefore a better chance of prooducing good 'players'.

NikolaTesla

Admiral Sunna Kyndai
I'm a big fan of golf, tennis and American football.
Do you play any sports?
I play golf and tennis but I'm mostly terrible.
Oakland Raiders, Purdue Boilermakers, and Serena Williams.
American or European, it would have to be the Empire. :)

Yeah that's just about it, just don't get me started on the replacement refs the NFL put in :mad:

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
I play tennis and watch football. Since 2007, I haven't missed a Patriots game since week 6 in 2008. I won't lie, I take football too seriously lol. And want to see the greatest gif ever?

sxlzdy.gif

YOU TELL EM BRADY!

Panzerjoust

GO VIKINGS! KINGS OF THE NFC NORTH!

Even though I live in the UK, I really don't like Football (soccer). I used to support Manchester United, but the Premier League got so corrupted and went into sissy fits when a guy wouldn't shake someone's hand and calling it ''racist.'' I've played Football (soccer) before, and I know what the injuries are like, but I hate it when people trip over or get tapped on the shoulder and collapse in ''agony'', milking out the injuries, ''OH JESUS PLEASE HELP ME MY LEG IS ALL THE WAY OVER THERE.''

So there. American Football all the way.

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
I bleed black & orange for my favorite ice hockey team, the Philadelphia Flyers. <3 Though the league and whomever is currently pissing me off with yet another looming lockout, with the season on the line. Again. Don't these rich idiots ever learn? Wish we as fans could boycott them. See how they like it.:mad:

Also a huge fan of motorcycle racing, whether it's MotoGP, World Superbike, British Superbike, or the AMA. I follow 'em all. :D

Love American football, like samgurl, Nikola, and Panzer above. No favorite team though I watch whatever I can. I do prefer the college game better than the pros, but I watch lots. Since the networks show so many college games on Saturday, I'm usually OD'ed on the stuff by bedtime. Then the pros are in the spotlight the next day. :)

In closing, c'mon NHL! Get your plops together! Season starts Oct. 11th. Don't piss it away!:mad::mad::mad:

dunklunk

Vikings fan, Panzer? Forgot to comment on that the first time I saw that. Go talk to Rayven, our moderator here, as she's a huge Packers fan. Whatever you do, don't tell her I sent you. She'll probably say something like, Well, at least you're not a Bears fan. LOL :D

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer

Even though I live in the UK, I really don't like Football (soccer). I used to support Manchester United, but the Premier League got so corrupted and went into sissy fits when a guy wouldn't shake someone's hand and calling it ''racist.'' I've played Football (soccer) before, and I know what the injuries are like, but I hate it when people trip over or get tapped on the shoulder and collapse in ''agony'', milking out the injuries, ''OH JESUS PLEASE HELP ME MY LEG IS ALL THE WAY OVER THERE.''

Out of curiosity, do you see Ponder as a "carry the team on my back" type of QB like Tom Brady, or a "make plays when necessary, rely on my defense" kind of QB like Joe Flacco? I remember being shocked when the Vikings drafted him so high - personally I wouldn't have touched him until the mid second round, but he's picked up his game so far this season.

dunklunk

Out of curiosity, do you see Ponder as a "carry the team on my back" type of QB like Tom Brady, or a "make plays when necessary, rely on my defense" kind of QB like Joe Flacco? I remember being shocked when the Vikings drafted him so high - personally I wouldn't have touched him until the mid second round, but he's picked up his game so far this season.

Oooo, good points, samgurl. Wonder how Panzer will respond. Ponder's that kid from Florida State, right?

And on a note between you and me: October 11th. My Flyers host your Bruins. Gaahhh, get it done, NHL! I'm done now. Thank you for your time. :)

Panzerjoust

I'll choose the latter - Vikings are a running based team, so I think they are resting on Adrian Peterson rather than Ponder.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
And on a note between you and me: October 11th. My Flyers host your Bruins. Gaahhh, get it done, NHL! I'm done now. Thank you for your time. :)
Unfortunately I don't know quite enough about hockey to be able to trash talk haha. But I'm going to Boston for for my birthday soon and I'm going to the Patriots Jets game as well as a Bruins Stars game, can't wait :D

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Hockey (fluff off, I'm Canadian), basketball
Do you play any sports?
Basketball, street hockey, nothin official. I used to be on the High School B-ball team but like many things in high school I didn't care enough to show up that much
Lakers, Heat, Toronto Maple Leafs (BECAUSE I'M FROM TORONTO I DON'T GIVE A plops IF THEY ARE THE WORST TEAM EVER) and all the other Canadian teams (especially Vancouver because they're rough as fluff)
Who do you think will win the Stanley cup (Hockey)?
NO ONE BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL GREEDY fluffS AND DECIDE TO GO ON A LOCKOUT EVERY 2 YEARS
Orcs (Biggest motherfluffers on the field and I bet they got a good arm) unless we are talking about soccer and in that case fluff soccer lmao =P but probably wood elves

dunklunk

Unfortunately I don't know quite enough about hockey to be able to trash talk haha. But I'm going to Boston for for my birthday soon and I'm going to the Patriots Jets game as well as a Bruins Stars game, can't wait :D

Woof. That Pats-Jets game could be ugly. For the Jets, that is. LOL Maybe Tebow will get that start. Pats will probably still romp 'em though. :) And I hope you get to see that Bruins-Stars game. Fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

theoperation

Hero of Jorvasskr

I know what you mean, I still like soccer but all the theatrics really ruin the game for me. Don't get me started on the 2006 World Cup, Italy vs Australia :mad:. That game kind of turned me off against watching high-level soccer, a lot of diving seems to happen.

But unlike the NFL milk drinkers, AFL players don't wear helmets or padding :p.

So Aussie Rules all the way.

Then again I have no idea. I've played both soccer and Aussie Rules and soccer is generally more painful, although I have been knocked out cold while playing Aussie Rules. But I've never played American football. Perhaps the padding and helmets do nothing

dunklunk

I know what you mean, I still like soccer but all the theatrics really ruin the game for me. Don't get me started on the 2006 World Cup, Italy vs Australia :mad:. That game kind of turned me off against watching high-level soccer, a lot of diving seems to happen.

But unlike the NFL milk drinkers, AFL players don't wear helmets or padding :p.

So Aussie Rules all the way.

Awesome mention of the NFL milk-drinkers, dude. :D A Skyrim name-drop, slamming the NFL at the same time. Well done, sir. :D The AFL with no helmets or padding? Yeah, rules all the way.:mad:

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Woof. That Pats-Jets game could be ugly. For the Jets, that is. LOL Maybe Tebow will get that start. Pats will probably still romp 'em though. :) And I hope you get to see that Bruins-Stars game. Fingers crossed. :rolleyes:
Got an email today refunding my tickets. They were good seats too :sadface:

dunklunk

Got an email today refunding my tickets. They were good seats too :sadface:

Bummer, especially so if they were good seats. Wonder how much of the season those idiots are gonna squander away. At least you'll still get to see your boy Brady throw for over 500 yards, with six TDs against the Jets. lol In only three quarters' worth of play. lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts