Scariest experiences in Skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
Skeevers in the wild, when they come up behind you and you turn just as the little thing jumps at you.

And when I was walking through a cave and I turned around and a Falmer falls down from the roof, basically anything that appears behind me suddenly and is all in my face, and when I first walked on bear trap, scared the crap out of me.

Adam Warlock

The unexpected fright is the one that always shocks me the most.

I was in Shor`s Stone and had just killed an Ancient Dragon.
In 1st person , I was bathing in the fire and light of absorbing it`s soul and preparing to loot it when a Frostbite Spider suddenly jumped out of the dragon`s flaming body into my face !

Damn hairy thing made me spill my mead when I kicked over the coffee table

Oren74

Many of these already mentioned I agree with 100%.

But my #1 by a long shot, was the skeletal dragon in the Labyrinthian tomb, climbing out of a hole to attack...followed by about a half-dozen skeletons. My first playthrough I literally said out loud "OH plops!" and retreated.

Many of these already mentioned I agree with 100%.

But my #1 by a long shot, was the skeletal dragon in the Labyrinthian tomb, climbing out of a hole to attack...followed by about a half-dozen skeletons. My first playthrough I literally said out loud "OH pl***!" and retreated.
I ran past the bastard as fast as possible :p

TheDawBro

when youre in your whay up to high hrothgar and all of a sudden a frost troll falls from the sky. its to hard to to kill it when ur such a low level.

(Skyrim theme starts up) I was a very low level... I felt cocky after killing my first dragon... I thought giants were weaker than dragons... and when the truth finally dawned, it dawned in PWNIGE!

But, there is one they all fear... in their tounge, he is Dovahkiin... DRAGONBORN!

"FUS RO-" Smack!

"WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh..."

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
Opening your menu to heal (no time for spells) and realizing that your entire curative inventory consists of a single potion of minor healing.

bananban

Frostflow Lighthouse. That whole area gave me chills. I hate the sound of Chaurus now.

I was a bit freaked out when I found Kagrenzel. Ended up really cool, though. Definitely different from any other dungeon in the game.

Neriad13

Premium Member
I'd just finished "Containment" and was leaving the College of Winterhold to go get the Staff of Magnus, content in my belief that I was safe here after the hectic events of last night, when I suddenly ran into one more Magic Anomaly on the bridge. Considering how hard those things had been to kill, I freaked out. I was yelling "KILL IT! KILL IT!" and lobbing fireballs willy-nilly, every single one missing their mark.

The Augur of Dunlain scared the crap out of me too. When that whispery voice spoke from behind its door, I just about jumped out of my seat. Totally not expecting that.

In a previous playthrough, I was doing Vaermina's daedric quest and had gotten to the part of the quest where I was dreamwalking through Erandur's memory. As I was speaking to his old friend, my mom walked into the room and started talking to me. I didn't pause the game and continued chatting with her as things escalated in the quest. Then I heard the sound of the orc war-party breaking down the tower door and almost fell out of my seat. The funny thing was, I was wearing headphones and my mom had no idea what it was that had scared me.

caravan guard

lone Khajiit
ok my scary moment was when i was playing the companions quest line and it was The KIll the 4/5 Hagravens one. So I walked in the cave and i see the The witches Brewing something { I'm a Khajit lvl 100 sneak} And so I approached them and a witch looked me directly in my eyes and said " did you hear that" (keep in mind my sneak is lvl 100 my fav perk is muffled footsteps, theres no way she heard me ) But she did she rose her left hand and a magic ball flew my way ( magelight maybe?) And there it was all of the withces saw me. I quickly casted invisibility as they shot fireballs at me. The witches were confused but the same one who casted the glowing ball spell looked dead at me and said " I'm older than you think Kiitty".
AT that i drank about 12 stamina potions and sprinted to falkreath.
No joke scary moment

nomorepork

That was a left at Dragonbridge, right?
Nothing really scary...but creepy? Yeah, I've got one.

The Breezehome glitch, before I knew it was an actual software bug. Seeing Ulfberth War-Bear standing next to the house as if he's a peeping tom, with Ysolda (my character's wife) at home...VERY creepy indeed...

Rakmon

I've got one or two. They aren't the normal type of shock scare, but more of an impending doom type, apprehensive, scary. The first one is whenever you get to the Lower levels of a Dwarven Ruin, and this Alien, completely different from Dwarven tech-style armor and weapons start appearing, heralding the Falmer within. That's when I get nervous. Another one would be this one Crypt somewhere in the Reach, where you can see two hagravens preforming a satanic ceremony over a corpse and creating a Forsworn Briarheart. Euugh...

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
I attacked an Afflicted Refugee when I saw one, was fine until he puked green stuff at me, scared the hell out of me and leaving me going "WTF WAS THAT!"

That is by far one of the most disgusting parts of the game. I can handle blood, I can handle heads rolling, but do I have to get puked on?!?

Chryss

The first time in Blackreach, I thought I would never find my way out. I almost had a panic attack.

Shouting Unrelenting Force at the orb in blackreach and seeing that Dragon come out.

The very first Dragon Priest jumping out of a closed coffin. I killed the dragon, was absorbing my word, thought all was well then I heard that POP sound as a coffin opens. Then the shriek sound they make. I almost pizzed my pants.

The very first time I stepped on a pressure plate made me jump out of my seat.

HolyWarrior

Leader of all Skyrim Guilds.
It was during the Meridia Daedric Quest. I had a follower with me from the College of Winterhold. I lost her at some point when I was in the area beneath Meridia's statue. There's a dark fog floating in the air so it adds to the creepyness. After I thought I killed all the spirits I turn and see someone charging at me full speed and I freaked out. My dang follower finally caught up and when I turned around my guard was let down and she was rather close. Scarey.

Zigfried

Early on in my first character I was just wandering exploring whiterun hold I sse a big campfire in the distance and decide to head for it not noticing he giant as it's night time. So I see this Mamoth jsut standing around, he doesn't seem hostile and i'm thinking "Mammoths are herbivores right". Curious for a better look I close in the next thing I know it's charging at me and i'm running for the hills with this ginormous thing chasing me.

Daugr, traps, dragons all scary but I don't think anything scared me as much as that first Mammoth. Steam says I've played 500+ hours in all that time I never ever fought a mamoth until just last night. I'd go out of my way to avoid giant camps but even so I have killed giants but never a mamoth until yesterday.

Sad to say at level 40 it wasn't much of a challenge :sadface:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts