• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

catweazle

Werewolf of Riverwood
this is the only house in skyrim i havent yet bought due to the amount of bugs relating to the storage in the house.

im wanting to know wether these bugs have been fixed? i go to a lot of trouble to get the 'unobtainable' weapons and staffs and do not wish to lose them

(im on Xbox)

many thanks CW

Xivia4

Update 1.5 should have fixed all of the bugs that people complained about. However, I don't put anything in there anyway. On a purely personal level, I say save your money because for 25-35k the house just isn't all that. If you can afford it and/or are a completionist like me, go for it.

ChevyGirl

Breton Assassin Lv 35
this is the only house in skyrim i havent yet bought due to the amount of bugs relating to the storage in the house.

im wanting to know wether these bugs have been fixed? i go to a lot of trouble to get the 'unobtainable' weapons and staffs and do not wish to lose them

(im on Xbox)

many thanks CW

I never had a problem with Proudspire. Either that or I never even noticed there were any glitches. Everything seemed to work perfectly. I did however have lots of issues with the house in Riften, I can't remember the name for some reason lol. It was Honey something or another. Anyway one time I walked downstairs where the mannequins are and they were moving about like real people and it scared the everlasting crap outta me. Lol! When I clicked on them they went back to normal. Other than that incident the houses have been alright for this recent update.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I've never had any issues with Proudspire, and to me is the best house in the game. You get three levels, and it doesn't look immensely empty like the house in Windhelm. And I've had more issues with the Windhlem house than any other house in the game.

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
The only problem I had was the mannekins being invisible when I put armour on them, but update 1.5 sorted that. I don't really have a favourite house - I tend to say Vlindrel Hall in Markarth but I rarely go there. Possibly because that's where my wife, Miuri, is all alone with the housecarl and I'm out with Jordis all the time.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I only got proudspire because I could get it for free, don't really use proudspire anyway I mainly wander around skyrim's wilderness, but I just use the houses to store things, or visit the wife to get that free money or sell some things to her, I just wish you could of got a house somewhere in the wilderness. But as for bugs, I've had those mannequins come alive aswell, scared the hell out of me to be honest, never visited that house again, Think it happened to me in the Markarth house, I was freaking out, the bodyguard is just eating. Bloody thing could of assassinated me and he's eating...

Adam Warlock

No prob with Proudspire either before or after the patch.
I like it better than the other houses because it is well lit and the basement door provides convenient access to alchemy and enchanting tables
Only drawback is the distance to the smithing station in Solitude but that`s really a minor issue

SaveVsBedWet

I've never had any issues with Proudspire, and to me is the best house in the game. You get three levels, and it doesn't look immensely empty like the house in Windhelm. And I've had more issues with the Windhlem house than any other house in the game.

Dr. D'Irsei loves Proudspire and actually hasn't bought any other house since buying that one. The problem though, is definitely the weapons racks. As in how the one downstairs by the front door will not let her put anything on the 2 far left slots, and the one upstairs in the bedroom does the same thing.

Also the doors on the second floor that lead outside would lock from the inside (I guess) when she'd go out and she couldn't get back in even with the key.

Finally, there seems to be very little actual space on the bookshelves - even if they are empty when books are loaded on. There are still books leaning or falling over on the shelves yet supposedly no more books can be held.

Oh, and it's really damned dark in there with post processing. Like torch dark.

Still love it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts