Politics, Politics, Politics

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Medea

The Shadow Queen
Actually I kind-of like Bill O. People can talk about democrats not having balls all they want, but he's actually got a pair. You'll never see Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh go on John Stewart's or Bill Maher's show, but you see John Stewart and Bill Maher go on Fox.

I'm actually part Irish too.

I love how Blatent racism is ok as long as you are a Democrat lol

I don't know about blatant (like the ultra-conservative KKK), but I actually agree with you here Hargood.

I also don't think it's right for liberals to be so overly-sensitive to Islam, when they treat their women so badly. Muslim women have it worse than just about any other women on the planet. It makes no sense to me that the party of civil rights and feminism would defend Fundamentalist Islam so zealously.

Omega Dragon

I used to like Bill O'Reilly, but he's become quite the "centrist for the sake of centrism" (or substitute centrism for practicalism) kind of guy in the past several years. The only people on Fox News I can still stand are Megyn Kelly, Neil Cavuto, Judge Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel, and the Red Eye cast. Which is, a bit more than I can say about the other news stations since the only other person I've cared for was Lou Dobbs.

But hey, I don't even watch TV anymore. :D

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I used to like Bill O'Reilly, but he's become quite the "centrist for the sake of centrism" (or substitute centrism for practicalism) kind of guy in the past several years. The only people on Fox News I can still stand are Megyn Kelly, Neil Cavuto, Judge Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel, and the Red Eye cast. Which is, a bit more than I can say about the other news stations since the only other person I've cared for was Lou Dobbs.

I agree about O'Rielly, although I had been slow to like him.

I guess he never caught on with me because he seems like a Narcissist at time's. I mean look at this "O'Rielly vs John Stewart" debate thing that is suppose to be on somewhere tommorrow night. The whole thing is just to argue. It's Silly lol.

The only real time I watch Fox news is when I want to hear more about something from a more Public media outlet and it's something that I can't find NBC, ABC, CNN, etc. are talking about (Which seems to be anything that the Obama administration doesn't want to public to talk about LOL)

Medea

The Shadow Queen

Cavuto and Stossel?? OH NO Omega.... I had hope for you. And the Red Eye cast....with the host that has the never-ending smirk, like he's a victim of the Joker's Smilex gas? OHHH NOOOO..... ;)

Omega Dragon

Cavuto and Stossel?? OH NO Omega.... I had hope for you. And the Red Eye cast....with the host that has the never-ending smirk, like he's a victim of the Joker's Smilex gas? OHHH NOOOO..... ;)

So are you saying we're over before we even started??? ;-;

Fine!

*goes to eat worms and jump off a cliff*

I'm not gay and the Bible says being gay is wrong.

Separation if church and state. What the bible says should never have anything to do with politics. Don't force what your religion says on anybody, thought this was supposed to be a free country. That is what I can't stand about the religious right.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Medea

The Shadow Queen
To be fair Dustin, Chowder also said this:

To be serious though, while I don't believe homosexuality is right (Christian), the minute we outlaw gay marriage is the minute we go against the very principles this country was founded on.

Omega Dragon

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with viewing any particular thing as moral or immoral itself in political discussion. Of course, Dustin probably just saw that one post and didn't bother to read anything past it, which would explain his statement and lack of recognition.

I myself oppose even the government's recognition of marriage, as a Christian & a Libertarian it makes no sense to me.

gaymarriagelibertarianangle_zps0820df12.jpg

I've read the entire thread, religion has no place in politics. Ever. There are points that both parties have that I agree with, but I lean towards the left, being a proud member of a union and the rights notorious hate of unions makes me that way. I won't disagree that Obama has done a pass poor job of running this country but the more I read about Romney, especially bane capital makers it impossible for me to vote for him. I would have had no problem voting for Ron Paul.
But they are all crooks anyway. Anybody that would spend millions to make a couple hundred thousand a year, something's wrong

Ventura and Stern 2016

Hargood

I've read the entire thread, religion has no place in politics. Ever. There are points that both parties have that I agree with, but I lean towards the left, being a proud member of a union and the rights notorious hate of unions makes me that way. I won't disagree that Obama has done a pass poor job of running this country but the more I read about Romney, especially bane capital makers it impossible for me to vote for him. I would have had no problem voting for Ron Paul.
But they are all crooks anyway. Anybody that would spend millions to make a couple hundred thousand a year, something's wrong

Ventura and Stern 2016

I agree that Religion shouldn't be a main platue of Politics, nor should a "Religious Party" get into lobbying for straight religious intrests except for those that want to simply help society. (Sheltering the Poor, Feeding the Hungry, etc.)

However, with that said, I believe if it wasn't for the New Athiest Movement latching itself on to the issue, and then this issue getting latched on to Federal Politics, there would have been several states that would have had Gay Marraige and Civil Unions by now.

I know that alot of people hide in their faith's that Gay marriage is the first step back to Sodom and Gomorrah,... But Most wouldn't have cared, as it has shown im many states that Have Gay marriage/Civil Unions now. They would have cared only as much as they do when other Countries do it. At most it would have been "I don't like it, but it doesn't effect me. It isn't like the Goverment is making me Gay so Ill tolerate it".

However, many groups (including Pro-Homosexual groups) use this issue to swat at Christianity in America. They want Christianity Gone and put this on their "Pedestal" of why Christianity is some Evil Religion.

Do you know what happens give when you give a subject to people and say "We Want this Issue Through to Show How Dumb your Religion is"? ...even to the least religious person? ...Let me just say, they don't tend to stand for that issue.

I am ALL for Co-existing, but Co-existing isn't the tolerance of "Existing with the other people I like the most". I am Ashamed at how this has become exploited to gain votes.........for the DEMOCRAT'S!

..I am Christian
Fortunatly I see thru the Ignorance of the Right, and the Pure...PURE Stupidity of the Left and would Support Gay Marriage/Civil Unions in my state if it came up, and would suggest everyone else does in their state as well..

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.

Ventura and Stern 2016

It shouldn't have any place in politics? Give me what you're smoking, bro.

Medea

The Shadow Queen
However, many groups (including Pro-Homosexual groups) use this issue to swat at Christianity in America. They want Christianity Gone and put this on their "Pedestal" of why Christianity is some Evil Religion.

I agree, but extreme Christian groups, as well as extremists who belong to many other religions, have used their religion to persecute homosexuals, liberals, people who play video games or role-playing games, conservatives, minorities, and people of different religious affiliation than their own for centuries. The Inquisition, terrorist activities, many wars, the fire-bombing of abortion clinics and murder of Dr. Tiller...etc...all of these actions were driven by religious indoctrination in people who were unbalanced to begin with.

People like Rod Ferrell (the guy who played Vampire the Masquerade and killed his girlfriend's parents), who was seriously disturbed, or the nutty kids who killed their parents and just happened to play Dungeons and Dragons.... cases like this, under people like Pat Robertson, seem to turn all the negative attention from the individual to the game itself. They do this in cases where the murderer(s) played violent video games too. Funny thing is, you never see the media turn a case where some nut fire-bombed an abortion clinic into an all-out attack on the Bible, do you? No, because they like to go after the little guy. They like to attack the fringe.

I'm not one of those extreme atheists that want organized religion eliminated, but I am an agnostic. I used to be Christian. Most people in this country were raised under some variant of Christian indoctrination. There are even several liberal sects of Christianity, such as Protestantism. I just refuse to buy into ALL of it, therefore, I am "hell-bound", and since I wouldn't be considered a true Christian by not believing ALL of it, I can't call myself a Christian , can I?

You can't blame people for the backlash on organized religion. I don't like to attack Christian people, because most of them are good people. However, the institution needs a swift kick in the pants sometimes in order for our society to progress.

It shouldn't have any place in politics? Give me what you're smoking, bro.

No it shouldn't. But if you're saying it does lets not half ass it then, slavery is ok, women should be totally subservient, etc. If Romney wins let's go ahead and America can follow his religions beliefs, since religion belongs in politics, magic underware and multiple wife's for everyone. Maybe next time around we can do Christian Science.
That's the problem with religion, everybody believes their version is right.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
No it shouldn't. But if you're saying it does lets not half ass it then, slavery is ok, women should be totally subservient, etc. If Romney wins let's go ahead and America can follow his religions beliefs, since religion belongs in politics, magic underware and multiple wife's for everyone. Maybe next time around we can do Christian Science.
That's the problem with religion, everybody believes their version is right.

I had a whole thing typed up just now explaining why you're an illogical idiot, but then I realized that arguing with you would futile.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I agree, but extreme Christian groups, as well as extremists who belong to many other religions, have used their religion to persecute homosexuals, liberals, people who play video games or role-playing games, conservatives, minorities, and people of different religious affiliation than their own for centuries. The Inquisition, terrorist activities, many wars, the fire-bombing of abortion clinics and murder of Dr. Tiller...etc...all of these actions were driven by religious indoctrination in people who were unbalanced to begin with.

People like Rod Ferrell (the guy who played Vampire the Masquerade and killed his girlfriend's parents), who was seriously disturbed, or the nutty kids who killed their parents and just happened to play Dungeons and Dragons.... cases like this, under people like Pat Robertson, seem to turn all the negative attention from the individual to the game itself. They do this in cases where the murderer(s) played violent video games too. Funny thing is, you never see the media turn a case where some nut fire-bombed an abortion clinic into an all-out attack on the Bible, do you? No, because they like to go after the little guy. They like to attack the fringe.

I'm not one of those extreme atheists that want organized religion eliminated, but I am an agnostic. I used to be Christian. Most people in this country were raised under some variant of Christian indoctrination. There are even several liberal sects of Christianity, such as Protestantism. I just refuse to buy into ALL of it, therefore, I am "hell-bound", and since I wouldn't be considered a true Christian by not believing ALL of it, I can't call myself a Christian , can I?

You can't blame people for the backlash on organized religion. I don't like to attack Christian people, because most of them are good people. However, the institution needs a swift kick in the pants sometimes in order for our society to progress.

+1000 for this post.

Hargood

But there you go. Everybody doesn't Follow Pat Robertson.. Infact there are ALOT of Chirstians that don't follow that. The Only reason you don't see them all the time is because they don't run around shouting at you like the "Christian Coalition" did (that started the Political mess)

The Lefi-ish doesn't want you to know about the majority in that light though. They want you to think that Every Old lady at a Sunday Ice Cream Social is some sort of Facist.

I will say that the Athiests are a Value. They do take the "OMG Your not really Christian, your using it for something" to another step that others can't. I appreciate the Vetting.

.. However, even though I truely dislike the Robert Tiltons, and How Zealots of any kind work there crap.... for Every WBC, I can show you a PETA.

...I hate the WBC... and I hate PETA when they Act like them.

But.. On the Fact of Gay Marriage.... All went wrong. They should have pleaded their case in each state instead of Asking Emperor Obama to cast down a Federal Fist of Thunder Upon our Country. Obama was Smart in his responses. He First said "No" according to his African-American religious Voters, and then said "Yes but it's up to the states" which should have been the case all along.

...yet.... still.......... MANY are voting for Obama because they think he is going to create a "Hammer of Light" that the congress, House, and Senate can't see beyond it's glory and will fall to as he chants it.

..Not gonna Happen, and shouldn't have thought it would happen if those People wanted to be Considered Marriage by the Goverment. Again, I am Seriously Disappointed myself, only because I have Some friends that could have those few rights. I'd plead to the Right Wing that There isn't anything that would make them "less Gay" and all they want to do is live their lives together with a few more rights to that.

I had a whole thing typed up just now explaining why you're an illogical idiot, but then I realized that arguing with you would futile.

Thanks for proving my point. My religion/political beliefs are right, if you don't agree with me you are an idiot.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
My religion is right

Ha.

Until Allah/Brahma/Buddha/Whoever physically comes up to you and proves that he's real, you can't say that your religion is right.

I believe that, as a Christian, I'm right. But of course, I'll never truely know for sure until God actually shows up.

Ha.

Until Allah/Brahma/Buddha/Whoever physically comes up to you and proves that he's real, you can't say that your religion is right.

I believe that, as a Christian, I'm right. But of course, I'll never truely know for sure until God actually shows up.

I don't have a religion, I believe all of them are wrong. Organized religion is nothing but big business. I believe in God don't get me wrong, you can believe whatever makes you feel good.

I notice you only quote one little piece not the whole thing so you can spin it your way.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
I don't have a religion, I believe all of them are wrong. Organized religion is nothing but big business. I believe in God don't get me wrong, you can believe whatever makes you feel good.

I notice you only quote one little piece not the whole thing so you can spin it your way.

I was quoting the whole thing, but only the part that was most wrong so you know which I was referring to.

Quoting the whole thing would have changed nothing though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts