Need tips on how to level up archery fast!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I am starting a new playthrough with what is my favorite character combination of a female dunmer, archer, assassin and possibly vampire but I really don't want to take the time and go through the process of slowly leveling up archery (which I did at a decent pace by bounty hunting bandits and forsworn constantly) so I was wondering if any of you guys had any tips or maybe even exploits on how to level up archery FAST?

XbSuper

Greybeards, once you've returned the horn and learned the final word for unrelenting force, two ppl will meditate in the first room, you can shoot each one twice without them attacking, then once they sit down again you can shoot them twice again, just keep alternating between the two and your skill will raise rapidly... Make sure you bring A LOT of arrows

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
I would say get a follower that can train Archery such as Faendal and after training with him trade your gold back. That will level Archery fairly quickly up to level 50 then you'll need a better trainer such as Aela.

Aela can also train archery. If you go through the Companions quest line you will gain levels just from fighting the Silver Hand and you will also gain her as a follower allowing you to receive the archery training for free.

RedVideo

His Excellency
Lure a mammoth to a spot near a cliff where he cant get you and just pump a zillion arrows into him. Oh hiding in a nook, cave, cranny or doorway works, too. It takes a lot of hits to kill a mammoth, but you might have to use healing hands on him if he gets too close to dying.

Ironlung888

Whenever you are out walking and come across an animal, hit it with an arrow. It's not a huge one time boost in skill, it's a more slow, steady, and always available way to improve your skill. I never miss a chance to stalk and kill an elk or fox. Rabbits are my favorite because the are fast and small, and therefore harder to hit. As for arrows it doesn't take much to kill even the largest wildlife (elk or deer, i consider bears to be more of an an enemy since they are aggressive) take some free steel arrows off the target when you see a guard practicing. Hunting is free, it's always available, it builds on your archery skill, and it helps pass the time when you are traveling on foot. Happy Hunting

WARNING SPOILER!!!
Another way would be the torture victims inside the Dawnstar Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. I use them to level up my skills often. Just don't forget to heal them. Not only to level up your restoration skill, but they could die before giving you some valuable information.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
I practiced shooting the blades, but with Archery at level 65 or something it's taking too long. I don't think there is a way to level it fast unless you use it in combat all the time.

asparticus_maraudius

I am asparticus fear my wrath!!!!!!
my freind here are my tips....

always pick up extra arrows around dead bodies after you kill them.

always aim a bit lower then the tip of the bow where the aiming crosshairs is pointing.

and try sneaking shots,it gets you easier more quicker kills in skyrim and just shoot anybody you see who are an enemy to you.

Allet

Article Writer
Remember that archery is a Warrior skill, not a Thief skill (I still don't agree with this, but oh well). As people here have said, Faendal is a fairly easy companion to get that can boost your marksman training to 50. Aela takes a bit more investment, so much more so if you refrain from fast-travel.

One method that could work particularly well (if you can balance your stamina with running away or use AI+geometry to your advantage) is using a very weak bow and arrow set on an ice troll. They regenerate, so there's no need to heal :)

Necromis

Allet, it is a warrior skill, however, from the UESP wiki it falls under sneak skills for the thief stone.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

Remember that archery is a Warrior skill, not a Thief skill (I still don't agree with this, but oh well). As people here have said, Faendal is a fairly easy companion to get that can boost your marksman training to 50. Aela takes a bit more investment, so much more so if you refrain from fast-travel.

One method that could work particularly well (if you can balance your stamina with running away or use AI+geometry to your advantage) is using a very weak bow and arrow set on an ice troll. They regenerate, so there's no need to heal :)
Archery is a warrior skill because it involves the use of a WEAPON, not stealing ladies undergarments from the washing line (sorry, hate thieves). I am currently trying to level up archery and it is taking ages compared to other skills, less damage I suppose ?

Nathalean

Professional Vampire Ninja
If I am correct (and I really don't know if I am, pls correct me just in case), the more damage you do, the more skill experience you gain (read that in a wiki but didn't test it). So you would have to use either a daedric or bound bow to inflict as much damage as possible. Use Draugr vaults for they have dozens of victims waiting for you.

The other tips were good, too. Get Aela or train with a troll

Necromis

you are correct, skill gained is based on BASE damage done or taken, not including any multipliers or modifiers. So the more base damage a weapon does increases the skill gained. So yes a bound bow with mystic perk, or daedric bow would level faster than a hunting bow.

Flint firestorm

The leading man, who else?
Go to anises cabin to gain around 8 levels easy. It's in the mountains north of falckreth .

Note it is easier to do with zoom and slow time

Gore gro-Gijakudob

A real thief steals those undergarments off the lady.
Probably the best reply I have ever heard. You sir, are a master thief (I'll give you 500 septims for a matching set of bra and panties that aren't yellow). Hey, how an Orc decides to spend his weekends is nobody else's business!

xaraan

Using the Feendal method mentioned earlier is the best way to start your archery at 50 with any race before you even leave Riverwood. After that you can of course get training from Aela I saw mentioned. Just wanted to add if nobody has already if you find Angi's camp (google it) you get several levels of free training from her. I think there is an archery book there and she trains you herself for about six more levels of archery for free if you go through all the dialogue and training regiment with her. I usually like to save this for after my archery is pretty high and it starts costing a lot to pay for training. (Although you can do the Feandel trick with Aela once you become harbinger of companions and take the money back from her after buying training). There is also a master trainer in the Thieves Guild as well.

yourpal14

The best way (I think) is to join the dark brotherhood (if you haven't yet this link will tell u how: The Dark Brotherhood (Skyrim) - The Elder Scrolls Wiki Once you have joined complete a few missions until you are allowed to use the horse "shadowmere". Then walk up to shadowmere take out any bow (I perfer to use the "bound bow" spell as it has infinite arrows) Once you have your bow out shoot him over and over and he won't die because he is practically invincible. This will level up your archery to as much as you would like.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts