• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nick G.

Shield Brother
Sorry if this is kind of a silly question, but is there a guide that shows all the member ranks and how many posts to get to each one?

Thanks in advance.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
we don't have a ranking system.... nor do we want one. It would create a bad idea that this place is a competition. we have ratings for likes and dislikes but thats for personal use stats only, we do list who has the most "points" but those aren't important either. the points are given for how many posts, how many likes, whether your a moderator, if you have a birthday, Etc. and are just for your count.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I agree. Part of what makes this community so appealing is that there's no esteemed hierarchy of users. Those with 500 posts and a mass of contributions are still regarded on the same level as new members. It's conducive to a friendly environment, and keeps people wanting to join. Like Shew said, even the "points" and "like" systems are arbitrary, and better kept that way.

Nick G.

Shield Brother
Good to know, most of the forums I have been on had ranks.
However I really like the idea of everyone be treated equally.

Question: Is there any way you can get a custom title? I think I've seen some people with them on.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Well the one that is in Bright Blue is Renegader ( the Boss Boy ...lol ) he owns the site.

The one in Green is Rayven, our esteemed & beautiful Moderator.

The ones in Purple like Shew & the Lovely Andante ( :D ) are Writers.

The ones in Yellow, like myself are Paid Members.

The ones in Orange ( I Think ) like Spenny are the Mod Makers.

The normal ones like yourself are General Members.

I think that covers them all, unless there has been more changes.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Well the one that is in Bright Blue is Renegader ( the Boss Boy ...lol ) he owns the site.

The one in Green is Rayven, our esteemed & beautiful Moderator.

The ones in Purple like Shew & the Lovely Andante ( :D ) are Writers.

The ones in Yellow, like myself are Paid Members.

The ones in Orange ( I Think ) like Spenny are the Mod Makers.

The normal ones like yourself are General Members.

I think that covers them all, unless there has been more changes.

...suave as always, good sir. ;)

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
You might consider becoming a premium member essentially a 'rank' but other than that as Andante mentioned we don't really have a hierarchy.

Hope my beautiful slaves answered your question. ;)

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Well, I don't quite understand the "Reputation" thing. It seems quite hard to get "reputation" points, but that does seem (to me)like a bit of a competitive thing to me. Maybe I just haven't read into it right. Some things like the "you have insufficient privileges" to be able to post a forum thread are confusing for me, and I am a "premium member". I do understand this is probably a good thing, as you wouldn't want hundreds of strange or redundant posts, but I still don't quite understand it. Maybe I'm missing a tutorial or something. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I don't quite understand the "Reputation" thing. It seems quite hard to get "reputation" points, but that does seem (to me)like a bit of a competitive thing to me. Maybe I just haven't read into it right. Some things like the "you have insufficient privileges" to be able to post a forum thread are confusing for me, and I am a "premium member". I do understand this is probably a good thing, as you wouldn't want hundreds of strange or redundant posts, but I still don't quite understand it. Maybe I'm missing a tutorial or something. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You should have the ability to post in every section except the announcements and articles section unless you're a writer.

Reputation isn't competitive at all, it's not like you get some sort of special privilege for x having a higher reputation for y etc.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
You should have the ability to post in every section except the announcements and articles section unless you're a writer.

Reputation isn't competitive at all, it's not like you get some sort of special privilege for x having a higher reputation for y etc.
Thanks for clarifying. What are the requirements to write?

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Those with 500 posts and a mass of contributions are still regarded on the same level as new members.

Unfortunately :sadface: . But seriously, yeah, they basically covered it all. I too have been on other forums where they've had a sort of rank system in place, but I'm actually glad that we don't have it here.

Shew

I am gonna say this and I realize that looking at my stats its gonna sound hypocritical, but we don't need any of these scoring systems. post count, likes, reputation... its all stuff that you should't try to amass it just happens.

Solitude

Inactive
I am gonna say this and I realize that looking at my stats its gonna sound hypocritical, but we don't need any of these scoring systems. post count, likes, reputation... its all stuff that you should't try to amass it just happens.
I like post count and rep, and likes.

One question, how do you receive rep? i have 0 :sadface:

Shew

well I got most of mine from really good quality guides..... Frupet we usually give out around 6 to 7 for just writing a article for the site.. and others just happen when your stuff is worth it.

Solitude

Inactive
well I got most of mine from really good quality guides..... Frupet we usually give out around 6 to 7 for just writing a article for the site.. and others just happen when your stuff is worth it.
Yea, just saw a thread about it, didnt even see it was there haha.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts