Make follower STOP talking?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jednj

Any way (yet) to make your follower STOP GABBING? My heavens, they even talk over scripted dialogue within quests. Very frustrating.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Make them preform oral sex on the Dragonborn.

Brizzle Kicks

Welcome To The Underground
It's one reason I hate having followers, I was doing the campanions quest earlier with Vilkas I was twating a silver hand across the room from him I was nowhere near him and he was muttering watch it shield brother about 20 times it was getting right on my tits.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Some of them will keep running their mouths if you owe a bounty somewhere - especially Farkas or Vilkas, I know for sure. I'm not sure if that glitch was ever patched over or not, but I still encounter it from time to time, so I suppose not. Check your status menu to see.

Bad-People

Supreme Overlord of the Barbarian Tribe of Hothor
Hell they're practically mimes compared to characters from other Bethesda games. The most annoying follower of all time was Lily from New Vegas. "Stay where Grandma can see you dear." She was supposed to be a stealth character and she was the loudest person in the game. "Grandma's got a present for you!"

The most irritating follower from Skyrim though is any given Dead Thrall.

sticky runes

I've noticed some characters talk more than others. Mjoll the Lioness never shuts up, so I don't use her (her annoying accent doesn't help either). Farkas, and most characters who have the same voice, will only ever really comment if I walk near a cave or if there's a big fight coming up. Thats hardly enough for me to get frustrated with them. Erandur likes to give a bit of historical commentary on a lot of the areas you visit with him, but you do have the option to kill him if you want to receive a Daedric artefact.

So... If you want followers without the talking, you'll just have to pick your partners more carefully.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
the spectral assassin is the worst offender by far.....he talks over all your conversations, esp. those important to the plot of the game! Marcurio is my current follower and he isn't all that chatty and has never interrupted anything.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
the spectral assassin is the worst offender by far.....he talks over all your conversations, esp. those important to the plot of the game! Marcurio is my current follower and he isn't all that chatty and has never interrupted anything.

Lucien (the Spectral Assassin) is worthwhile to listen to. Love hearing that voice. <3 And I love taking him to Riften. Hilarious.

M'aiqaelF

Lucien (the Spectral Assassin) is worthwhile to listen to. Love hearing that voice. <3 And I love taking him to Riften. Hilarious.

I do like Lucien Jers, but he can get annoying sometimes!

Sean

lost somewhere

You just made me want to bring Lucien back, remove his "ghost form," turn him into a real follower, and make him a vampire.

I must now go do that.

(I don't like the "ghostly remains" staying in one spot forever)

M'aiqaelF

hmmmm.....how do you do that? aren't you on xbox?

Sean

lost somewhere
hmmmm.....how do you do that? aren't you on xbox?

Yup, but I mod my gamesave.

I have already done:
-fixed MANY bugs within the game (every single one I have found)
-made some typically unplayable armor into playable (Serana's Hood that is the only one with that look that works for Vampires, the Elder Scroll that goes on the back, and several others)
-Made spells that weren't playable into playable (Bloody Grip, alternate form of Vampiric Grip and made it work in non vamp lord form, many others)
-Stat boosts, skill boosts, perks
-made the game more difficult to compensate (Alduin was actually a challenge unlike in my legit save)
-I started fixing up Volkihar Castle (also renamed it), so far I am adding a tower within the cell)
-and so much more

JoeReese

Mjoll never, ever, ever shuts up. EVER! Grrrrr. It's at the point where my girlfriend will walk through the room and go "Oh Mjoll, STFU!"

That being said, I tend to kill a lot of followers. Ok, I tend to have a lot of followers too stupid to stay out of the way of my fireballs or lightning. Mjoll can't be killed, so it becomes a give/take.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
The most irritating follower from Skyrim though is any given Dead Thrall.
I disagree with you on that one. I raised Arch-Curate Vyrthur(the Snow Elf Vampire) with the Dead Thrall spell. He never says a single word or moans at all for that matter. Plus, he's been pretty damn useful as far as a follower is concerned.

M'aiqaelF

eh Mjoll may talk alot but she is a total beast on the battlefield

Docta Corvina

Whaaaaat? :eek: He's the only one who could get away with talking over people. :p That voice. UNF <3

I do agree that Marcurio is a perfect balance of not chatty but not totally reticent. He gets his smartass comments in at the appropriate times. :D

mamali

then why in the name of dragonborn you have weapons ? simply you can kill them , or don't take a follower

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts