• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I nodded to Mairah, she back at me. Se took off Thoron reluctantly following her. I knew Celduin would have trouble in following me. He was louder, and a lot slower at the climbing. He stumbled over the large stones that scattered the landscape. As I flowed over them like water. I stopped, and helped him onto the rock I stood on. "You think to much Imperial," I said in a chuckle, "Don't think about it, just trust your instincts, the Elf in you will do the rest. Trust me." I put my hand on his shoulder and continued running. I could tell it made a significant difference, as he kept up better, and wasn't gasping for air. Then I smelt fire. I saw the faint glow of fire in the dark. I slowed my pace, and held my hand up at Celduin to slow down. I dropped from the rock to the ground below. I weaved through the rocks, until I got to a small crack between 2 very large ones. I peeked through the crack, to see a group of roughly 30 - 40 men and women, dressed in thin animal skins. A man with a hole in his chest talked loudly at them, and then threw a piece of armor at someone. I recognized it to be Mairah's. I showed Celduin, and we nodded. "This isn't going to be easy." I stated simply.

Celduin

An Imperial disowned by his people
    The elf was fast. Very fast. I tried to keep up but I couldn't. He put his hand on my shoulder. You think to much Imperial," He said simply with a hint of a smile on his face. "Don't think about it, just trust your instincts, the Elf in you will do the rest. Trust me."I nodded slightly. I closed my eyes and focused as I calmed my body. The blood began to rush through my veins. What I had called "Battle-Blood" in my times as a soldier rushed through my veins. Only its not battle-blood, its your mother's blood. I shook my head out of the days and sprinted to my ally. I could feel Clavicus adding to my strength. Making me feel invincible. We got about 3 miles before we saw smoke. Lyron must have smelt it first but my eyes were more aware now and I had been trained to site smoke. I saw it a wile off as well. We crouched behind a rock to get a veiw of its occupants. I smiled. Forsworn. Easy to manipulate. I looked at the Brirar-heart in the middle as he threw down a piece of Mariah's armor. Lyrons not going to like that I thought.

"This isn't going to be easy." I scoffed. "Normal protocol would have me send a messenger of our position before the attack but..." Lyron rolled his eyes at me. I smiled. Its always good to have fun. "We need a distraction," I looked round and found a good amount of sizable rocks. " I need you to toss these in a bush on the south end of their camp. They will come running in fast so you need to be ready to leave. The Brirar-heart will be in the back, waiting till the last minuet to fight. While the others are distracted, Ill rip out his heart. Most will scatter in the confusion, but some will still fight. They favor dual wielding weapons which is their strength and perhaps their weakness. After I kill the Brai heart, I will have two swords. One for me and one for you after you rendezvous with me after you throw the rocks. Sound good?"

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    "Sound good?" I smiled at him, and jumped into action. I hope you're ready, I thought. I didn't need any swords for this fight. I grabbed a handful of rocks, and then dropped them all. I ran to the bush Celduin told me to through the rocks into. I climbed up onto a rock, and transformed. Right above the bushes Celduin wanted the rocks thrown to. I howled loudly, and smelled the fear the Forsworn shed in seeing my Large wolf body. I growled, and jumped to the floor. I was as big as a horse. They knew it too. I growled, and saw Celduin slip behind the briar heart. I watched his hand plunge into the open hole in his chest. Before he could scream I howled again, loudly. Loud enough that another howl followed. At'a girl, I thought, knowing it was Mairah responding. By her tone they hadn't found anything. I howled again, telling her we have gear. She barked loudly. Soon after, she jumped over a pile of stones and landed next to me in a growl. I nodded my head, and turned to see Thoron climbing over the rocks, and running to us. Celduin had 2 swords and was more than ready for fighting. "I love a good fight!" I thought to my comrades, jumping at 2 Forswarn. I ripped one in half, and clawed at another. "Just like old times!" I heard Mairah growl. Celduin and Thoron couldn't hear her, but she tried to talk to them. I decided that I wanted to get closer to the target. So I morphed back into my Elf form. I popped my neck as a Forsworn ran at me full sprint, flailing his swords frantically. I slid underneath his legs, and tripped him over, as I stood up. I picked up one of his swords, and thrust it down into his chest. I looked at Celduin, a crooked smile on his face. I couldn't tell if it was the killing or the thrill of battle that amused him. Mairah fought close next to me in her wolf form for a long while. Then she turned back. She panted, and I tossed her a sword. It was a while before we eliminated the last of the Forswarn by dawn. I could tell that the group was tired of fighting. I was ready to pass out.

After i said that Lyron became very mad. I didn't understand why he was so mad at me but I honestly didn't care. I just wanted my Armor and weapons back. Lyron Told me that me and Mairah were going to go east and check for our stuff. We ran off in that direction. As we came across a cave, we saw a few bandits go inside. I looked at Mairah. We both walked quietly into the the cave. We followed the bandits a little ways into a cave and they had a small camp set up inside. There were 4 all together. One was near the end of the cave, 1 was next to a chest, and 2 were by the fire. The chest had to have our stuff in it. I looked at Mairah " I know when i said i would assassinate them you thought i would go in running and try to kill them all at once. But watch this." She staid were she was just because she knew i was trying to prove that i was an assassin. And i was, but i also just wanted My stuff back. I sneaked around to the one near the end of the tunnel. I grabbed his mouth with one hand and slit his throat with the other. I slowly dropped his body in the dark. I walked over to the one near the chest and threw my knife ate him. It hit him directly in the back of the neck. I ran over and looked in the chest. DAMN. nothing was there. I picked up my dagger and walked over to the guys by the fire. They turned around and i killed them both before they got there swords out.

Me and Mairah walked out of the cave and i heard a shout of a wolf. Mairah then turned into a wolf and howled back. I guess Lyron and Celduin found something. Mairah looked at me in her wolf form like she wanted me to get one her. I slowly hopped on her back and she darted int he direction of the shout. I could barely hang on. We approached a wall and Mairah cleared it in one hop but i fell off her back as she jumped. God damn it! I then tried to climb the wall. I got over and there was a bunch of Forsworn fighting a man and 2 wolfs. I quickly grabbed a sword of a dead Forsworn and started killing. I got close to Celduin so no one could come up behind us. We ended up killing all of them by Dawn. It was a long fight especially without armor and my weapons but we all fought well. I got a few gashes on my leg and one on my shoulder but it wasn't that bad. I was tired I just wanted to get my stuff back now.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Lyron nodded me to go. I nodded my head, and rolled my eyes. As I was stuck with the "assassin" with the bad attitude. Lyron had some sense to almost lay him on his ass, as he had lost his armor twice. And who was he to risk loosing all of our armor anyway? I didn't wait for him to keep up, I didn't feel like making small talk with the fellow. I didn't trust him. I have never trusted people who cowardly hide their faces. It was a while before we found where Lyron wanted us to go. I could've done it alone, in half the time. It was the human who was holding me back. Then I smelt a musk that was all too familiar. Fear and lying, masked in the smell of mudcrab blood. I waited Thoron to catch up. I stopped him, and simply said "Bandits," and he let out an odd, adrenaline like smell. He jumped down, and looked at me like he wanted to prove himself. I shook my head, then nodded in approval. What's the worst he can do? I thought as he quietly killed the men one by one. Checking the one chest in the process. I already knew there were no weapons in it, as I heard Lyron's familiar and warming howl. "We've got the gear, hurry!" His howl cried to me. I felt the familiar pain in my spine. And it all ended with a blood freezing howl, "On our way," I responded to him. I growled at Thoron to hop on, as I didn't need to waste any more time.

It wasn't long before we were close to the camp where they were at. I shifted my shoulders before I leaped over the rocks, seperating us from the others. Thoron fell off as I did. "Damn It!" I heard him mutter as I landed. I growled out of amusement.

The battle was over, and I was winded. I picked up my gear slowly, and suited up, when Lyron approached. "Been a while since we battled together," He said, with a smile, "You have more experience." I smiled in approval of my leaders compliment. We walked back, as a group together. Lyron closer to me than usual. It was hours before he grabbed my hand. "We will meet you at camp," He muttered, and jumped onto a rock, and pulled me up. I followed him, until we crossed the river into the forest, before stopping. Then a bright light blinded me for a split second. Then a beautiful, bright woman presented herself. Lyron tugged me down into a kneel, when she said "Rise Lupivir, you are no mortals"

We all got our armor on. It felt good to know that i wont get cut so easily anymore. And i had my weapons back. I cant stand fighting with other peoples weapons. Mine are so much better, and made for me. When we were all dressed, we left the Forsworn camp and started back to our camp. "We will meet you back at camp."Lyron said. They turned away and me and Celduin kept walking. Ware were they going, I thought. Probably going to have sex or something. I don't care as long as i'm back at camp with my armor and weapons. I needed to make sure Whisper was alright too. She is probably wondering were we are. Me and Celduin got back to camp and the two still werent back. I just sat next to Whisper, who was laying down and looked at the fire Celduin made.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    We walked back to the camp. When I felt an unfamiliar warmth in my stomach. "Go to the forest my child," The voice filled my ears. "We will meet you back at camp," I said to Celduin and Thoron simply, then grabbed Mairah and took off. She followed without question. She was one of the best Sangartii that I had ever trained. We got to a spot, and I just spun around, looking for anything. Then the blinding light appeared. I knelt, and pulled Mairah to join me. "Rise Lupivir, you are no mortals." She said. I rose, and saw Kynareth, in her gorgeous light. She looked at me, and placed a hand on my cheek. I felt all of my anger, and sadness fade. All emotions left. I was no longer angry, no longer full of grudge. No longer lost of sanity. I only had the wisdom that I had gained over centuries, and era's of experience. "You are the greatest of your beings, and will be hailed, till the end of your time." Said to me, and I just nodded. She looked at Mairah, "The bearer, of the rest of the Lupivir legacy. A burden you musn't take lightly." She looked at the sky, and spoke a forgotten language, and we rose in a warm, and eternal light.

She sat in a golden, glowing throne of tree branches, and looked at us. "You must find 3. Men of wisdom and power, shared. Like you, he too shares the blood of beasts. Not as wolves, but as others. You will come to know them as Noctuavir, Leovir, and Vulpivir. Find them. You must start the council, and stop the menace of the New Septim's Army." She stood, and stepped towards us, "Start with Karthus Frost-blade in Solitude. He is a legate, and will not be aware of his importance." She put her hand to my head. I felt a sensation, as new tattoos colored my body. Grey, and in twisting motions, up to my face. "The mark of the Lupivir," she said doing it to Mairah, "The first of your species." She paused, and looked at us in an admiring fashion, "You must not waste time, Go!"

She shouted, and we were on the ground, on the bank across from the camp. I opened my eyes, and stood. I tapped Mairah, and she stood. We waded through the fresh water to the camp, where Celduin and Thoron looked at us in astonishment.

Me and Celduin were just sitting there when Lyron and Mairah came out of no ware. We looked at each other in astonishment. "hey guys," i said. " were did you go.I hope you didn't have to much fun without us."

Celduin

I waited for him to throw the rocks. The tell-tale sound ran through my ears as the forsworn sprung up and went to investigate. The Briar-heart, just like I suspected, stayed back a ways, unwilling to risk himself. I smiled and snuck up behind him. In a simultaneous motion, I unsheathed his swords and wrapped my hand around his heart. In a sickening shlock! The Briar-heart uttered a dying scream and collapsed to the ground. The prickled heart beat faintly in my hand as it slowly died. I tossed it to he side and equipped both swords in my hand. Clavicus Vile whispered in my ear, "Use my power child,". The blood pumped adrenaline faster through my veins. I could feel the stregnth in my arms increase. I was vaugley aware of Lyron in wolf form attacking some of the other forsworn nearby but my senses were tuned out to the, I was an instrument of war. and My purpose seemed clear. I started to run towards the group. A forsworn charged at me, I stepped to the sides and slashed both of my swords across his bac He let out a small scream and collapsed to the ground, momentum carrying him past me. Two more charged towards me. Still running, I slashed my sword across one of their necks and with the other sword jabbed the point into the heart of the other. They collapsed wordlessly, with a small gurgle escaping their mouths as I charged the rest of the,. My sword became an extension of my arm. Left and right forsworn fell and not a single blow hit my skin. Part way through the fighting, I noticed Mariah and Thoron had joined up. I didn't care, I could kill the rest by myself. Blood caked on my arm and my sword. I would swing my sword and it would find a target. Slash, I forsworn would stagger back with his stomach hewn open. Stab. A forsworn would slump to the ground, blood rushing out of the hole in his chest.

The fight lasted till dawn. I stood panting surrounded by the bodies of dozens of forsworn. I gave out a triumphant Laugh as I marched and checked for survivors. Mariah and Lyron were talking in the backround but I was focused. Sure enough I saw a wounded forsworn trying to crawl away. I strode over to him and kicked him down o the ground. He cringed and muttered something under his breath. perhaps a plead for mercy. I shoved the sword through his chest as his final breath escaped him. I pulled my sword out with a smile. Oh how I loved war. I could tell that Vile approved of my slaughter. I didn't care. for once the prince of power and I were on the same terms. I did one last sweep to make sure the forsworn were all dead. When I was satisfied. I went over to the stockpile that they head and redressed in the Imperial armor. It was heavy. I had grown used to fighting with no armor. But I felt comforted by its presence. I sheathed my Imperial sword and walked over to the group. Lyron and Mariah were just finishing up and we started to walk back towards our camp.

Lyron suddenly stopped. "We will meet you back at camp," he said curtly as he grabbed Mariah's hand and sprinted into the forest. Thoron looked at me and shrugged as he kept walking. We had both gotten used to these strange occurrences concerning Lyron. We got back to camp and sat around the newly kindled fire. I was suspicious. I didn't know why Lyron would just disappear like that. And I was genuinely curious as to what they were going to do. I stood up abruptly and stated that I was going to get some firewood. I walked into the forrest from which we came. As soon I was out of eyesight from Throron, I sprinted to where I might find Lyron and Mariah. That's when I heard it. Start with Karthus Frost-blade in Solitude. He is a legate, and will not be aware of his importance." The voice was strong and commanding and yet gentle. My thoughts turned to Karthus. Frost-blade. Karthus. He was the general when I had first been inducted into the ranks of the Legion. But he Abdicated for some reason and now hes a Legate. I tried to remember what I had thought of him. Good man. Nord. Stong. A genius when it came to military strategy and a strong warrior. One who I envied very much. I frowned. Why are they starting with him? And What are they going to do to him? I assumed that his importance was that he had information that only an ex-general would have. I didn't have time to think about it any further. I sprinted back off to the camp, picking up a few branches of the ground. I arrived back at camp and placed them on the ground right before Lyron and Mariah return. I pretended to have an astonished look on my face.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I felt the warmth of Mairah's hand in mine. I was happy now. Able to move away from my menacing path. Thanks to Kynareth. We waded through the deep, flowing water together. I admired my new, light grey tattoos in the reflection of myself. They made me look strong, and ready for anything. We reached the shore. "Where did you go? Hope you didn't have to much fun without us." Thoron muttered, trying to start the fire. I grinned, as I already knew what was going through his head. I sat down, and Mairah next to me. A saw them both looking at our tattoos, and my new demeanor. I looked at them both. "Kynareth, she was the one who did this to me," The looked at each other in confusion, "for good reason. There is a problem in this world, and we need to stop it." The looks on their faces stayed. I knew it was about how an aedra had "cursed" me. "It's not of your concern, right now." I said looking at the ground. I grabbed a map, and placed it on the ground. "The embassy, is just up that mountain,' I said pointing, "We must receive our gear, if we are to get to Solitude, and stop the Septimists."
    For now, I thought to myself. I stood up, and jumped onto Falathiel in a bound. Mairah right behind me. I kicked my legs into her side gently, and she bounded into the now thick forest. The group close behind.

"Up the mountain was and understatement," Mairah said sarcastically, as it didn't take long for us to arrive close to the embassy. I started up a large tree, to observe the enemy, and realized, Celduin and Thoron may need some help. I reached down to Celduin, and he climbed up my arm to a low branch. The same with Thoron. I climbed up to Mairah, who was on a high branch, and I could see 10 or 20 Thalmor patrolling inside the walls. 5 outside. I located the forge in the back, heavily guarded, by a large building in front of it. Who knows how many were inside there. The option of storming in was gone. Then I looked at the wall. It was short enough to scale. Then at the building. I saw a row of large pillars, one was skinny, and weak. Weak enough, that if it were to be knocked over, the whole building were to collapse. Then I thought to my gear. I had a rope dart, and plenty of throwing knives, to destroy the building, and give Celduin time to get his armor. I climbed down to the lower branch. "I've got a plan, listen up." I got comfortable, then continued. "I will scale the wall, while you," I said pointing to Thoron, "and Mairah, will distract the guards at the front of the Embassy. When I get over the wall, I will go for my Rope Dart, and pull down the middle building." I looked at Celduin, "You will get your gear, and we will fight our way out from there." Then Mairah came down. "Ready When You are"

It was a good plan. Distractions are fun. That just means we are going to go the front of the embassy and kill a bunch of guards. I like Mairah. She is a good looking elf that can turn into a wolf. Her and Lyron obviously have a thing but she is still nice. Im glad she is on our team too. I wouldn't really want to fight a huge wolf, so it was going to be fun to get to see her rip up some guards, while i shoot them down with my bow. Bloodseeker.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I was hasty in my movements. I didn't want to move just yet. I had to be sure I wasn't missing anything. Celduin was certainly zoned out. Probably trying to scan things as well. I noticed that it wasn't just the Thalmor patrolling the embassy. There were plenty other dark armored soldiers as well. All with hoods, and cowls. All with dark blades, and significant scents. Side by side with the Elven armored Thalmor. The New Septim's Army, I thought with a growl. I kept scanning. There has to be more, someone leading them all. A septimist, and a Thalmor. Both probably high ranking generals. I looked underneath the the middle building. I scanned in between the pillars. Not a completely open area. The walls had holes, and cracks. Big enough for me to see, smell and listen through. I isolated my scences. Blackness surrounded where I was looking, and white noise filled my ears. I zoomed into the building. Talking filled my ears, a familiar sent my nose. I saw a familiar sight. On a table, a map, next to it a sword, and a broken up mask. The face of a long extinct creature. The male spriggan. It was almost in half from battles. And painted with familiar black and red paint. Reinforced by a dark metal. I knew the mask. The mask of the man who killed my people.

"My Child, you're not forgetting all that you must in order to lead the council," the voice filled my head. A dark mist filled an open filled that I was standing in. I knelt down, "I am sorry Kynareth," I said, "I must get revenge one last time." She appeared in front of me. "I will grant you your wish, but you will not carry out any more vengeance after this," She said firmly. "Slaughter Him, and take his mask as your trophy. To represent your past, and your triumph." I nodded. "This is the last time," She said again, "Then your past will leave you." I blinked and she was gone.

A pain filled my face. I looked at the ground. Hot sand, covered in blood. I staggered to my feet. I looked into the eyes of 2 argonian slaves. "Fight you Coward!" a voice yelled. I turned. The man with the mask stood behind a wall. I was in the arena once again. I dropped my sword, and ran at the argonians. Turning into my wolf, and tearing them into 4 lizard peaces. Then back on my knees. I screamed at the crowd as they roared. I throw the blades up at them. "Silence!" I yelled over and over. The laughing in my head. I sat in the sand, blood falling from my face, laughing hysterically. I remembered the familiar insanity. Then the Septimists shackled me and dragged me into a dark cell. I remember sitting for days on end, in my own filth, laughing. Non stop. They would come in and beat me until I couldn't breathe. I would recover and laugh some more. Until the day I escaped.

The caravan. Sand burned our feet. Shackles blistered our ankles and wrists. Gags silenced us. Slavers whipped and yelled to keep us moving. Some one would occasionally stop, and would get us 20 lashings. But by then the scars were to deep to feel anything. We would keep walking. Across the Alik'r desert. Until we could get to the next city. Then the next. All apart of the newly from Septimist's plans. The man in the mask leading them. The man who killed my people. At that time, I wasn't sure that I even knew that. It was mostly a blur. City to city. Fight to fight. Nothing new. I would get beaten. I would kill. Until that faithful day. The insanity was at it's end. The laughing receeded deep within me. I was a moving corpse. With one thought. Revenge.

I was in my cage. I sat quietly. Played dead. My first real thought in almost 50 years. They came to remove me for another slave. I killed them. All of them. Slaves. Septimists. Spectators. All except the man in the mask. I realized that I was at the top of the white gold tower before I knew I needed to escape. A trial of corpses behind me. I watched the man in the mask jump from the top. I scaled down the tower. For hours. I found my gear, and slaughtered my way out. On the trial of the man. I lost his trail a little north of the Imperial City.

I shook the memory off. I looked into the room more focused. This was the first time I had seen him without a mask. I saw his face, and I almost fell from the tree. My own brother. A sangartii. I trained him. Practically raised him. Amarith Nin. He was a short elf. When he joined the cause. But not of pure blood. I had to turn him. After years of training he was a formidable foe. When he just disappeared. Now I know why. I was going to kill him, whether the plan allowed it or not.

Celduin

I spied on the Thalmor, ruminating on my own thoughts. The Thalmor were smart and fast. Formidable opponents, however I knew who I was fighting. They were arrogant. Especially after their victory in the great war. They would be more likely to fall in a trap then they used to. I was spying the guards inside the complex when I spied my armor. I grinned happily. I was happy that I would finally be able to retrieve my gear. The thought then dawned on me. There was no sword near my armor,. I spied Lyron's bow and his weapons and armor, but Soulstrife was no were to be found. I closed my eyes and concentrated. The sword was crafted from my fathers weapon and was connected to me. It was not sentient, but it responded to only me and I could feel its presence. I felt nothing. Suddenly I felt a a slight twinge. A small part of the sword was weakly responding. Broken. I zeroed in and spied the masked man. His mask was off, and I was surprised to find that he was an elf. My mind raced. I had seen this man before

"You will kill the man called Lyron if you wish to advance in your status, Legate," the elf said with a commanding voice. I stood around uncomfortably next to my general, Karthis. I shivered slightly. The cold night in Cyrodil was not pleasant and the cold Imperial armor froze to my skin. I silently wished that I had my Shadow Armor with my. I would keep me warmer. Unfortunately, Karthis only allowed me to keep my sword, saying that I must match the other soldiers. I silently vowed that as soon as I became a general, I would wear my normal armor. "Well?" The elf continued "Do you or do you not except?" I remained silent. I secretly despised this elf for ordering me around like a superior. All that he had was a stupid mask and was in leadership with the Septimists, and apparently the Septimists were well liked by the Empire. I offered a sideways glance at Karthis and I could tell that he felt the same way. A voice spoke behind me, "Sir, I think that a man-hunt mission would not be the best of ideas at this time. We have other orders from General Sonteburg in the north which are more...urgent than this," I smiled. Rikkay. My favorite soldier under my command as well as one of my closest friends, stil there to advise me. I was about to open my mouth when the elf cut in, "These orders will precede those in importance, if you so choose. This Lyron must be destroyed. He carries blood o his hands and The emperor wants him dead!" He said with a shrill voice. "The emperor or the Septimists?" KArthis replied in a gruff tone. I suppressed a mile. Karthis was a good general. The elf looked pointedly ast me, ignoring Karthis' question, "Will you or will you not?" My mind thought. If I accepted and succeeded, I would become general.. I needed this post. I frowned slightly. I didn't even know what this elf had done, but if I was ordered to hunt him...then I must. I replied in a gruff tone, "I will find your man, Elf. But not for you or your Septimists. This is for the glory of the Legion"

I shook my head out of the daze. I stared at Lyron with a new light. I had seen him before. Well hunted him actually. Then I suddenly remembered my sword and I looked back at the elf. Dangling around his neck was a small black fragment. it shimmered in shadows and hummed with power. Then the horror suddenly dawned on my. The Thalmor had finally deforged my sword, destroying what was last left of my legacy. I stared at the small shard. All that was left of my being was that tiny piece of metal. I shuddered violently. Hate roared in my ears. I had sacrificed everything and yet the Thalmor still had one last insult to get in before they destroyed my being completely. I shook with rage. I pulled out my sword and prepared to charge but a strong hand pulled me back. "Not yet," Lyron said. "Follow the plan. You will get your revenge," I struggled against Lyron but he held me firm. I had to get to the Thalmor and slaughter the,m. They had to die before they could take away the last bit of being that I had left. I looked into Lyrons eyes. He was firm but yet tender, in an empathetical sort of way. I could tell that he had understood my pain and wanted for me to be able to get revenge, but he was the smarter one than I. He knew that it would be suicide to charge. I calmed down and gripped the hilt of my sword till my hands turned completely white. I gritted my teeth and muttered under my breath, "You stick with the plan. Point my to the enemy. I will do the rest," He noded but added, "Th e masked man is mine," I didnt care. Any Thalmor would do about now.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    OCC: In order to speed the story, I am posting for you guys a little bit. Not so much that it makes you sound weird, but Since the last post took a long time, I need to speed up the progression.

As I shook off the thought, I knew that Celduin had a similar plan for revenge in mind. I held him back from pouncing into action. "Mairah, Thoron, go to the front, and draw the attention. We are getting our gear." I released Celduin's shoulder, and dropped to the floor. In similar paces, we sprinted to the wall. I boosted him over, and he pulled me up. Over the wall we were. I heard a roar from the front as Mairah turned. Perfect timing I thought. I ran toward the single Thalmor guarding the forge house. Strangling him as Celduin blindly changed to his gear. I felt the familiar warmth of my bow, and gear. The bow glowed deeply as I approached. I touched it and power surged through me. My health and strength better than ever. I was me again.

I was geared up when me and Celduin crouched to be unseen. "I know you want them dead, but we must lure them ou-" I trailed off as it became too quiet. I looked to the middle building threw the brush we were crouched behind. Empty. I couldn't hear Mairah or Thoron either. I turned to a blade to my throat, and looked at Celduin, who was already tied up.

We were bound and in the opening of the embassy. Surrounded by guards. He approached. His sent angered me. I stood up, pulling the guards holding me forward, then forcing me back down. "Isn't this a pleasant surprise!" he said walking toward me. "The Undying Wolf himself. A legend. Thought to be dead long ago." He shot a look to Celduin. I looked at him suspiciously. "So, he doesn't know?" he asked him. "Ooooh. This should be entertaining." He walked passed me then to Mairah. "Mairah, darling," he said, "looking beautiful as ever!" I snarled at him. "If you want to kill me Amarith, Do It already!" He stopped in his tracks, and stood in front of me. And took his mask off. "No," he said, kneeling close to me, "I'll leave that to the one who was assigned the duty!" He looked towards Celduin. I glared at him. And I remembered, a thought plucked from my Insanity.

After my escape from Valenwood. After my running from the arena. On my way to the North in the late 3rd era. I was chased by Legates, Aldmeri, and Septimists alike. I was always running. Before I had to face them. The army. Led by a "legendary general" and his men. I had not remembered his face because of the insane fog, until now. Celduin. Legate Shadowspire at the time. I remember the battle. Days of me slaughtering his men. Fighting as the insanity fueled me. Until they stopped me. Put me in shackles, and prepared to kill me. Shadowspire walked towards me, "Lyron Dryearmitore, of Silvenar. You are wanted for crimes against the Empire and are ordered to execution by the Emperor himself." He walked around me and read a list of crimes that had likely been forged by the Septimists. "The most substantial reason for your head, is the murders you have made." He finished reading, and stood behind me. He pushed me over a rock, "Rikkay, the ax." I looked around one final time. Noticing the Septimists weaved in between the the legion. I knew what was going to happen. "Go on, kill him!" Amarith called out. Celduin raised the axe, and swung down. I pulled away, and placed my shackles underneath his ax. I disarmed Celduin, and knocked him out with the base of the axe. I grabbed my weapons and hastily escaped the exacution. Heading for the Imperial city once again.

My head fell to my chest. And Amarith's laughs filled the air. "Lyron, it was before I knew-" he called before I cut him off, "SILENCE LEGATE!" The force of Kynareth speaking through me. I was angered, but it wasn't me speaking. It was her. She stood me up, and broke the shackles off my wrists with no problem. Amarith was silenced as he commanded Thalmor and Septimists to put me down. She killed them all before they got close. "AMARITH NIN! YOU ARE WANTED BY THE COUNCIL OF TYRAHEAL FOR COMITING CRIMES AGAINST KYNARETH HERSELF. YOU WILL ANSWER FOR YOUR CRIMES BY THE BLADE OF MY SWORD!" Then I gained control. I hit him in the face, and dropped him to the ground. I unsheathed Forest Whisper from her sheathe, and put it to his shoulder. "You betrayed the Sangartii!" I said cutting his left arm off. "You betrayed those who loved you!" I yelled cutting his other arm off. I took out 2 arrows and stabbed them into both of what was left of his arms. "Worst of all, you betrayed me!" He screamed as I moved the arrows around in his stumps. I unraveled the rope dart attached to my hip. I stood back. I swung it around and gained some speed, and stuck it into his abdomen multiple times. "You will remember the slaves you killed, who you had me kill!" I said continually whipping him. "Remember the ones I loved! The ones you killed!" I said, wrapping the rope up, and placing it on my hip. "You will remember, and regret." I said in his ear, as in one smooth motion, I unsheathed my sword and took off his head. I knelt down, and looked at the sky. I screamed. I looked at the ground. Then at his head. His mask. I stood up and picked up the mask. Dark and petrified. My trophy. I looked around at the remaining Thalmor, and Septimists. I grinned. I pulled 3 throwing knives from my wrist guards, and threw them at my comrades shackles. I picked up the dark shard that lay in the pool of Amarith's blood. Threw it at Celduin. "I know why you did it. I forgive you," I said nodding to him, as I walked calmly out of the Embassy, leaving the rest of them for Mairah, Thoron and Celduin. It was hours as I sat by myself, sharpening my blades. They then returned. Celduin sat next to me. "I watched your friend get murdered. Rikkay," I said looking at him, "Hadvar. He was the one. I know how much you want his head." I looked to the stars in the clear sky. "My past is gone Celduin. It used to fuel me. Anger, insanity, and lust for blood. All that fuels me now is my future. The one Kynareth shows me." I looked at Mairah behind me, curled up in Falathiel's fur, across from the fire I had made hours before. Thoron across from her, knelt down, chewing on some meat. I looked back at Celduin. "I am no longer bound by the promise I had made for revenge," he looked at the ground. "I can see you still wish for it. It is a thirst unquenchable by any other means. You will get your chance." I patted his shoulder, and walked to Mairah. I layed next to her and enjoyed her warmth. Falling into the first deep sleep I have had in over an era.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I collapsed in the dirt. Lyron and Celduin ran to the west, while I led Thoron to the east. We waited at the corner of the wall, and watched as Lyron and Celduin scaled over it. I walked over to he gate, as 2 Thalmor soldiers got ready for anything. I drew my double blades, and killed them before they could draw theirs. I looked at Thoron and he nodded in approval. He kicked open the gate, and started unleashing arrows. He seemed pretty skilled with the bow. But I noticed the strength in the string. That was carrying most of the skill. I killed until I realized something. A man that was earily familiar stood above, as soldiers disarmed us and outnumbered us. I could see Lyron through the brush, equipping his armor. Hurry, I thought wearily.

It was too late. The man came out of the cover of his building. He surrounded us all with his Septimists and Thalmor Soldiers. He threw his mask off, and I recognized him. Amarith. He had left our ranks long ago. How he managed to live this long, with me and Lyron hunting them, separately, was beyond me. He walked passed me and stroked my hair. "Mairah Darling," he said, "looking beautiful as ever." I shook off his creepy touch, and stared at Lyron. It seemed to bother him deeply. He barked at him, and they had a dispute. All I could figure out was Celduin had happened to hunt Lyron down, and fail to kill him. Over 100 years ago. "Lyron it was before I knew-," but Lyron cut him off with a loud yell. I looked over, as his tattoos that Kynareth had given us glowed with power. He stood, and broke the shackles of his wrists. I watched as Kynareth embodied him with power, and killed the Thalmor brave enough to try and attack him. The rest stood in fear. He killed Amarith. Slaughtered him. He cut off our shackles, and put Amarith's mask on as a trophy. I couldn't help but be proud. He fulfilled the promise to avenge our people. He walked out of the Embassy. Leaving the rest to me and the others. I stood up. And stood in awe of what he had done, and how he could just walk away. I knew before Kynareth "fixed" him, that it wouldn't have been that easy. The feeling in my stomach grew. The familiar pain of being alone was fading away. And was being replaced with something totally new to me. Love.

"You guys can have them," I said looking at them, collecting my gear, "I'm gonna go check on him." Celduin didn't make any eye contact, as he just started killing the men. Thoron nodded, and turned to help Celduin. I ran and caught up to Lyron. I stood next to him, as we walked down the snowy path, to a cliff, over looking the sea of ghosts. To the east was Solitude. North, glaciers dotting the horizon. He laid a blanked that was tied to Falathiel on the dirt. Falathiel lied down against a rock. He positioned the blanket up against Falathiels belly. Then pulled another out, and set it down. He pulled out a Thick wool cover, and laid it over Falathiel. Lyron grabbed 2 sleeping roles, and placed them down opposite Falathiel, for Thoron and Celduin. He grabbed a hand full of sticks he had saved and started a fire. He sat down against Falathiel. And took off the mask. Then his cloak. He set them next to him, and covered himself up with the blanket, signalling me to join him. I did.

We watched as the night sky over came the sun, and the aurora boris colored the sky. Soon returned Celduin and Thoron. Looking exhausted. Celduin sat on a rock, and hung his feet over the cliff, while Thoron ate some venison. Lyron got up and sat next to Celduin. I dozed off before I could here anything else anyone had to say.

I followed Mairah down to the embassy. Two thalmor guards came up to us and she killed them quickly with her two swords. I nodded to her and went up to the doors. I kicked the doors in and we ran in. I was firing arrows like crazy. My arrows were tearing threw the thalmor. I always aimed for the death triangle on there body. From one shoulder, threw the heart, to the other shoulder, and up to the head. I shot one man so hard it went threw his head and hit another man in the neck. We slowly got outnumbered and then captured. I guess so did Lyron and Celduin, they were both in there too. A man was in there that Lyron was looking at with eyes of death. I could see that he was going to kill him, and not just kill, murder. He somehow broke out of his shackles and just completely the man and took his mask as a trophy. Lyron left and told us that we could deal with the rest. Mairah soon followed. Celduin ran strait into the fight with his own armor on for the first time. I soon ran after him and got my sword out. I ran up to were the archers are and killed them all before they had a chance to shoot at Celduin. There was a decent amount of people left. We killed them all with ease though. Celduin was killing like crazy. I just took out the people that could actually hurt him.

After we killed all of the men we left. We didn't talk because i think he was still mad that the thalmor de-forged his sword. I was looking around for Whisper but i couldn't find he. She must have gone off with Falathiel when Lyron left. When we got back to the camp there was a fire already started and Whisper was laying down next to a tree. I started to cook some Venison. It was a nice piece of deer that i got from the embassy. I then laid back on Whisper and ate it. We all seemed really tired. It was a while until anybody spoke. I went and got some more firewood and said " I"ll take the first watch. You guys can go to sleep. We had a big day and a few bigger ones ahead so you guys should get some rest."

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    He said he would take the first watch. I was barely listening as I fell asleep around Mairah. Her warmth calming me. The sound of Falathiel making purr like noises helped me doze off. I had wonderful dreams, and realized that it was almost over, this journey, and my mission. Then a flash came into my head.

I saw a half circle. Around it, 4 men. Me, A Nord, An Argonian, and a High Elf. We were arguing. A man stood in the middle. "Lyron, you forget that this is a Council, not a dictatorship!" The high Elf stood.

I stood up. I looked, aged. I had a grey beard, wrinkled skin. I then realized that this was the future I was seeing. "I am fully aware of what the Tetraxir is! I am the one who found all of you and started it!" I slammed my fist on the table. "Kynareth has chosen me as her hero, and my mission is to lead the council against the Septimists. They are coming here, and I will not let my people die again!"

The Argonian looked at the man in the middle. "Celduin, How close are there forces?" I looked at my friend. He was aged as well. Younger than I, but still.

"They will arrive in a couple months according to my fleet," He said politely to the man. "I suggest we ready the men."

The High Elf stood, "Our forces aren't ready for anything yet. The men you have brought to us are only half breeds!" I stared at the elf in disgust.

"Half breeds trained by Celduin himself. I wouldn't expect anything but the best from them," I paused, "We are ready. Those in favor say I."

"I," I said. "I," The Argonian and Nord chimed in. "It is settled. Karthus, take Celduin and Thoron to ready the troops. Ragar and Laran," I said looking at the 2 men at the Nord's side, "Prepare the boats for defense. The must not take this Island!"

I awoke, and Looked around. "Thoron, sleep, I'll take watch now." He laid back in utter relief, As I stood up. I carefully covered Mairah up, and put my gear on. I started to walk around the camp.

Celduin

"I know why you did it. I forgive you," The words rang through my ears. My muscles calmed and my mind relaxed. I was at peace. At least for the time being. I had forgotten about that day, much to my disappointment. I remember that it kept me up for weeks, executing a man for a list of crimes I knew he most likely did not commit. It was wrong. But then again, orders were orders. I shook my head out of the daze. My mind cleared. I saw the Thalmor and Septimist forces in terror and in shock. Lyron calmly strode out o the embassy. My shackles were broken. The remainder of Soulstrife lay by my side. I rolled my neck and stretched out my arms. My armor felt good. I stared at the remainder of the Thalmor. I had been waiting for a long time. I drew my sword. Imperial steel. I inhaled deeply and then a guttural sound burst forth from my mouth.

I conveyed all the emotion that I felt towards the Thalmor in the swing of my blade. I fought Un-orthodox, as far as Imperial standards go. Slashing instead of stabbing, preferring that my enemies live longer from their wounds. I heard shouts from all around. Thalmor trying to muster their forces against me. I cleaved the torso of a soldier in two when they started to fight back. Steel became an extension of my arm. Blow after blow felled an enemy with militaristic precision. I was aware of the occasional arrow hitting the enemies near me. I didn't care. I was tidal wave and these were my victims. blood spattered the land around me. I made sure no person survived. My mind went fuzzy and began to blur. Instincts took over and I fought with pure emotion. The only sounds I could hear were the creams of my victims.

Bodies lay crumpled on the dirt around me. I was panting heavily, blood dripping from every part of my body. I looked around for any survivors. A Thalmor lay slumped against a tree. He was grasping his throat, trying to staunc he bleeding. His eyes grew big as I approached. He silently pleaded for me to make it quick. I gave a slow shake of my head. He must pay along with everyone else. I took the shard of soul-strife and gripped it in my hand. I shoved it in his chest and twisted it around. The Thalmor's body tensed and then relaxed. his eyes went unfocused as he methodically picked up a small stick from off the ground. He grasped it in his hand and began to stab himself in the chest. Once. Twice. Three times. The blood covered his chest. I nodded and walked away, the man still mutilating his own body.

I walked up to the camp. Thoron said something avout taking first whatch. i didn't care. There were some prayers I needed to make.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I fortified the camp, my mind messed with thoughts. The dream I had, what did it mean? I knew it had something to do with Kynareth. This "blessing" she has given Mairah and me. I climbed up the steep rock face that the camp sat under. I made it to the top, and my tattoo's glowed bright. I looked up, the clouds cleared to reveal a full moon.

"Every race has a inginium," she said, "Personal, and Race based." I stared into the sky. "Your's is premonitions and dreams into the past and future." I felt a pain in my back. "The Lupivir ability is Shadow Movement," she said, appearing in front of me, "becoming hidden from all who can see, in the light of the moon, and the darkness of oblivion." I looked at my hands. The tattoos that covered my body slowly grew faint, then disappeared. My hands and body grew transparent, and I was invisible. "Only when you need it, will it activate." I became visible again, and looked back at her. "I saw the council," I said to her, "Who were all the others?"

The moon grew brighter as she came down closet to me. My tattoos grew bright as well. "Karthis, Argitus, and Ravis," she said to me, "the other races that I have created." I looked at her puzzled and surprised. "There are different races? Other than the Lupivir?" She nodded in response. "Leovir, the Lion. Strong and Feirce. Vulpivir, the Fox. Sneaky and sly. Noctuavir, the Owl. Smart and wise." she paused and looked at me, "Lupivir, the Wolf. Deadly, and Loyal." She stepped closer. "You were my first of beings, and will lead them. The council. The tetraxir. You will understand why there are these races soon enough." With her final words, the clouds recovered the moon, and she was gone.

I sat, perched on the rock high above the camp until dawn. I hopped down to the low lying camp and laid down next to Mairah. Celduin was already waiting to take my spot. I was excited to sleep in, close to the warmth of a woman. I took my gear off and covered up close, next to Mairah. I fell asleep in her warmth and slow breathing.

Celduin

I took the post until morning. I shook lyron awake. "wee need to get going," I said quietly as I began packing my gear

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts