Just bought my 1st house - dropping inventory question

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ARTAQ

hi all. so i just bought my 1st house simply to be able to unload items into it so i can lighten my weight requirements (i use my follower Lydia also.)

so i ASSume i can now just go in my home and Drop any and all items i want, to lighten my load capacity, and then leave the home and the items are safe, is that right?

tx for any help --- art.

SmokinBeatZ

Yes indeed,your home will contain a chest where you can store all your unwanted items from your inventory. It will then save everything so you can go back later on and pick them again without fear of them going missing. Ive only got my home in whiterun at the moment,the chest is in the main bedroom. Happy hoarding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tater

I recently bough my first home and I've dropped stuff off with no problems. I just drop them into the chest that came with the house.
I did notice that trying to stand up a vase on a table is just as hard as it was in Oblivion....:sadface:

SmokinBeatZ

I recently bough my first home and I've dropped stuff off with no problems. I just drop them into the chest that came with the house.
I did notice that trying to stand up a vase on a table is just as hard as it was in Oblivion....:sadface:

Lol same with balancing books,mine just keep tumbling down after selecting the case..maybe im doing something wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARTAQ

tx for the info fellas.

i am not talking about dropping them into a chest, i mean just open my door, walk in and drop them where i stand...living room or kitchen.

i only bought the house to store stuff, what it looks like inside idc about lol

so is that kosher to do? or do my items HAVE to go into a chest or something ???

tx --- art.

WinterStorm

Daedric prince of Winter
I had no problems with dropping stuff off, i dumped it in a chest or put it on the table (which took a long time).
Although i have some bugs, in the Windhelm house one of the dagger racks does not give back the dagger after a while although you can still see the dagger you placed there and in the Solitude house some of the weapon racks don't seem to work.

Windress

No, you can drop items anywhere in your house and they should remain where you left them. The houses you own do not have a "respawn" time limit, so any changes you make to them should be permanent because the map will never reset.

That said, I have heard (extremely rare) isolated incidents in which a random chest or wardrobe will reset inside someone's house. This is a glitch and not the normal situation. I personally have never had issues storing my things in my houses.

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
the house in markarth is perfect imjust having problems hanging up weapons i dont know what to do

darkest_inferno

you just activate the place where you want to hang your weapon then you equip the weapon you want hung then just activate it again and it will be placed there.
i havnt bought the house yet but ive seen it on youtube and personally i think the windhelm house is the best. so cozy :3

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
the house in markarth is perfect imjust having problems hanging up weapons i dont know what to do

You need to be "wielding" the weapon you want to place, then activate the weapon rack. It will automatically place the wielded weapon in there.

darkest_inferno

No, you can drop items anywhere in your house and they should remain where you left them. The houses you own do not have a "respawn" time limit, so any changes you make to them should be permanent because the map will never reset.

That said, I have heard (extremely rare) isolated incidents in which a random chest or wardrobe will reset inside someone's house. This is a glitch and not the normal situation. I personally have never had issues storing my things in my houses.
omg this happened to me DX. I loved using my room in the college of winterhold (the apprentice room, not the archmage room) and the stuff inside my BARRELS dissappeared X(, i had so much dragon bones and pelts and ingredients and i was gonna make a fluff ton of potions D:

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
omg this happened to me DX. I loved using my room in the college of winterhold (the apprentice room, not the archmage room) and the stuff inside my BARRELS dissappeared X(, i had so much dragon bones and pelts and ingredients and i was gonna make a fu** ton of potions D:

Well, the archmage quarters are not "yours", per se. None of the guild rooms are. The only place guaranteed not to reset is a house you have purchased.

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
You need to be "wielding" the weapon you want to place, then activate the weapon rack. It will automatically place the wielded weapon in there.

ive tried that buy puting it in my right hand and staring at the rack nothing shows up to activate or am i to close to it?

Legate Richard

I bought my third house like a week ago. The house in windhelm. I finally have a house with display cases and working weapon racks. Its also way better than the solitude house.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Maybe you're a lefty? Seriously though, it should show up with the same thing as, say, hovering over a barrel or sack. On mine it says [E] Activate Weapons Rack.

ItsBenniBlack

Mehti Oba
oo ok i will try that thank you

Bytebrain

There's a glitch with the weapons rack, at least on the Xbox.
I tried it, and after researching the matter on the wiki's, there's a risk that they won't work at all if, when you buy the house and enter it BEFORE buying the upgrades to the house.

That's what I did and the weapons rack did not work. No matter which hand I had equipped my weapon in.
The solution is to buy the house and all the upgrades before entering for the first time.

This applies to every house in skyrim.
It's a problem thats not always occurring, but for many it's a real nuisance.

I loaded a game prior to buying the house in Solitude, (several hours in wasted playtime), and did as suggested, and now the weapon racks works as advertised.

Hope this info helps.

Anonylulz

As people have said you can leave stuff anywhere. My smithing ingots are next to a fireplace and one of my dragon priest masks is just thrown on the chest at the foot of my bed, I kicked the sigil stone next to my weapon racks etc.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts