• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I had a feeling as such. I really need to get my gaming rig fixed to take advantage of all the great mods out there. Xbox pales in comparison but it is a good pacifier for now :Dragonborn:

I made my own Bosmer marriage candidates out of frustration, using the Creation Kit. I knew of a few mods that added Bosmer wife options, but no husbands, so I took matters into my own hands. :D When you get your PC in order I highly recommend getting the Creation Kit [it's free, after all!] and familiarizing yourself with some of the basic things you can do with it. It seems almost impossible at first, but creating your own custom NPCs, whether it be for a new follower, marriage, or simply ambiance, is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. I was thinking about making him available as a mod sometime in the future when I iron out all the kinks, and perfect him.

death raider

Thalmor Ambassador
Well with the creation kit I created a whole Dark Brotherhood sanctuary with loads of Npc's which I made marriageable, followerable and talkable.

Docta Corvina

yeah......i had to take him.....to meet boethiah. That voice, that face....i couldn't stand him....it was really best that way....

You been hittin' the Skooma again, huh? :cool:

I could think of others much more worthy of offing (those who can die anyway), like Njada Stonearm. Or Jon Battle-Born...

PrisonerLizzie

I could think of others much more worthy of offing (those who can die anyway), like Njada Stonearm. Or John Battle-Born...[/quo

I could think of others much more worthy of offing (those who can die anyway), like Njada Stonearm. Or Jon Battle-Born...
I dislike both of them but none so much as.....

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
Now that I think about it, Marcurio would actually be a good choice for my evil necromancer character, they're both skilled mages, and also have similar personalities! Plus he's a fox :p.

Docta Corvina

Now that I think about it, Marcurio would actually be a good choice for my evil necromancer character, they're both skilled mages, and also have similar personalities! Plus he's a fox :p.

Definitely, do it. He was my first, so there's a certain additional bias for fondness there as it is.

But seriously, dunno about others, but...our relationship was never lacking the "arcane fire" he promised. :p

Torok

For the longest time my characters were in love with Torvar.

And I know you can't marry Kharjo but I organized a fake marriage.

Saozig

Hippy

Jon looks like the frigging goat and his lifestyle choice of hanging out in the Whiterun market place and whining all day is too much to take. Being a musician and a writer, my take is, if you want more poetry in the world, go write some yourself.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Jon looks like the frigging goat and his lifestyle choice of hanging out in the Whiterun market place and whining all day is too much to take. Being a musician and a writer, my take is, if you want more poetry in the world, go write some yourself.

He's got a thing going with the young Grey-Mane girl anyway.

Saozig

Hippy
He's got a thing going with the young Grey-Mane girl anyway.

I was suggesting he'd be a good candidate for Boethiah--that context apparently had been lost in the quoting process. Sorry.

I adore Marcurio. He's my favorite NPC in the game. He has been the BEST follower for my Dark Elf with the Dragonborn DLC (hey, at least he hasn't disappeared on me like the vampire chick everyone else loves so much!).

He's also married to my Wood Elf and is a great hubby. Maybe a little cloying but at least he's affectionate.

I had my Redguard marry Ghorbash, to see what he's like, and he's OK. It's funny when he say "destroy your enemies, my love" (or whatever the exact wording is) when they part. He's a respectful and kind husband, but nothing special.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
I was suggesting he'd be a good candidate for Boethiah--that context apparently had been lost in the quoting process. Sorry.

I adore Marcurio. He's my favorite NPC in the game. He has been the BEST follower for my Dark Elf with the Dragonborn DLC (hey, at least he hasn't disappeared on me like the vampire chick everyone else loves so much!).

He's also married to my Wood Elf and is a great hubby. Maybe a little cloying but at least he's affectionate.

I had my Redguard marry Ghorbash, to see what he's like, and he's OK. It's funny when he say "destroy your enemies, my love" (or whatever the exact wording is) when they part. He's a respectful and kind husband, but nothing special.

No, I gotcha, I was just responding in light of the original subject of the thread - husbands and all. :p I don't mind Jon Battle-Born, he's one of the only adult Battle-Born men that isn't a complete and utter jackass. When I started playing the first time, he was actually one of the first candidates in my mind to marry my character to, since he seemed kind of sweet, at least compared to Olfrid and Idolaf. Almost disappointed - almost - when I learned he's not available. Of course that was long before I had gotten out of Whiterun, and explored the entirety of Skyrim and knew my better options.

Zanarkand

Premium Member
I truely always wanted to marry Feandal as well, but play on ps3 so it isn't really possible. When it came time for he and I to part ways (I became overly attached and concerned that something would happen) I took him all the way back to his house before saying goodbye and finally got to the point I stopped going to Riverwood altogether because I was afraid he would get killed in a dragon attack.

That sounds so much like me! After seeing Alvor die in a dragon attack, I reloaded and now avoid Riverwood even though it's one of my favorite towns. I'm so attached to Alvor in particular, possibly because smithing is always one of my first priorities upon starting a new game, and because he's really kind and also adorable. :). His wife is the jealous type though, so I avoid her. ;)

Edit: Oh and I usually marry Vilkas or Farkas because they are such hotties and are super sweet as has already been mentioned.

One more edit!: If there had been marriage in Oblivion, I would totes have married Lucien Lachance. He was delish!

Saozig

Hippy
That sounds so much like me! After seeing Alvor die in a dragon attack, I reloaded and now avoid Riverwood even though it's one of my favorite towns. I'm so attached to Alvor in particular, possibly because smithing is always one of my first priorities upon starting a new game, and because he's really kind and also adorable. :). His wife is the jealous type though, so I avoid her. ;)

Alvor always dies in my games. I hate it, but since he's out in the open, relatively speaking, he's very vulnerable and he always tried to attack the dragon. I usually try to lure the dragon away from the main road in the middle of Riverwood, but sometimes the dragon gets him before I can.

Sigrid is annoying. She gives both male and female characters attitude. But at least I now know she is capable of feeling loss when Alvor dies: this last time he died, Sigrid and their daughter ran over to his body and then the little girl ran away screaming "Leave me alone!" and Sigrid screamed "This can't be happening". When my Dark Elf tried to interact with them, they both ran into their house. Usually they just run and gawk at the dead dragon like the rest of the village. Don't know why this time was different. Obviously the sound files were there. I just never heard them react to his death before.

Riverwood loses something without Alvor, I agree. But the worst was when my Redguard visited Marthol the first time, and two dragons attacked, killing three NPCs, including Lami and Benor. It felt like half the town had been wiped out.

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
3 of my four characters are married to Farkas. My fourth isn't marriage material, plus she likes Brynjolf and I don't have a pc to make that happen for her.

If Brynjolf was an option, he'd be my most popular one.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

99Problems

And a dragon ain't one.
Vilkas... Always been a sucker for accents, especially his. Kinda got attached to him during the Companions quests... and hes a werewolf. I just couldn't resist. He is a sweetie pie, always glad to see you and to cook for you... And he doesnt get jealous when I have Calder following me around. ;P Sadly him and my girl are always in Lakeview Manor (which I can't even get into anymore, the game freezes and I have to turn it off) . Just a tad annoying.
Gonna start a new character soon and do a little more man-hunting then. Tehe.

Wildroses

Okay, the next character I create is going to marry Farkas or Vilkas just to see what all the fuss is about. I have to re-create one for the Companion's and Dawnguard questlines anyway after an unfortunate save delete incident lost three months progress.

Until recently I found Sigrid kind of sweet. The way she tells male character's she's spoken for and not to get any ideas, and the way she reluctantly tells female character's that they're pretty and unreluctantly to stay away from her husband indicates she has very deep feelings for Alvor. I found that sweet, up to the point she started locking her door to stop me from sleeping for free in her house, forcing me to shell out ten gold for a bed at the inn instead (True story). Does Sigrid really think I'm going to put the moves on her husband while she's sleeping in the same bed as him? I bet she thinks I only saved her nephew-in-law as a way of getting close to her beloved Alvor.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts