1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Dwemer Disappearance - WHERE did they go?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Sweet Rolls, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Sweet Rolls

Sweet Rolls True Nord 4 lyf yo

My understanding is that the result of their disappearance is from pissing (am I allowed to say that sorry I am a noob) around with the heart of Lorkhan that they found. But where did they go? Did they actually end up becoming divine from using the Heart? I like the Dwemer they seem cool and it'd be interesting to discover where exactly they went when they disappeared.

Falion, the black dude in Morthal who cured my vampirism (thanks again bro), said that he had seen Dwemer. He started rambling on about this and that about Oblivion but in the middle of it he said something like "Blah blah. I have seen Daedra, Dwemer, and blah blah". Maybe we could offer him Sweetrolls to find out because this stuff is important especially to Calcelmo in Markarth.

I think they achieved divinity, and that's why they disappeared, and they ended up in Aetherius or something with the Nine Divines. There's only one left on Tamriel, in Morrowind I think but he's got a weird disease where he's immortal but feels constant pain, he was in Oblivion planes though at the time of the disappearance.

What are your theories on the current location of the Dwemer? Where do you think they ended up? Or perhaps, do you think something else besides the Lorkhan Heart made them disappear?
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Serebro Moniker

Serebro Moniker He who moves it moves it

I hope they're dead, look what the bastards did to the poor Falmer... I don't know how, but they actually altered the nature of the poor sods' souls!
    I figure they're somewhere in Morrowind, if they're still alive.
  3. tigersauce

tigersauce Caravan Guard

SPOILER ALERT

You can see them in Pelagius's mind, part of the Mind of Madness Quest.

END SPOILER
  4. Ajones2323

Ajones2323 The Black Knight

The Dwemer had already dissapeared by the time Pelagius was alive.
  5. tigersauce

tigersauce Caravan Guard

They disappeared before his time but they're still visible there.
  6. Serebro Moniker

Serebro Moniker He who moves it moves it

Nah, those are just people in Dwarven armor.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Ajones2323

Sheogorath even says that they're Pelagius' personal guard.
  8. skyrimaddict1323

skyrimaddict1323 Dovahkiin1323

The Dwemer did drive the snow wlves underground, but hey, they chose to stay there after the dwemer disappeared. And their sould weren't altered, they just degenerated.

I'm under the impression that something went wrong when they used the heart and they were transported to another realm. Not the one with the divines, though. It would be cool for TES 6 if someone tried to use the heart again and happened to bring the Dwemer back. Before it takes place of course, so they are playable.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Orange

Orange Member

I hope the divines punished them by making them the falmer.
  10. skyrimaddict1323

As i stated in my previous post, the falmer are the degenerated descendants of the snow elves. This is not speculation, this is fact.
  11. Orange

Orange Member

I did not say this was fact, i said i hope or i think it could be cool, calm down.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ajones2323

The Dwemer aren't the Falmer. The Falmer are Snow Elves.

As for them disappearing, I'm pretty sure I read that the gods were basically pissed off that the Dwemer were attempting to become divine themselves and punished them by either banishing them to another realm or by just completely destroyed their race. The latter of which hopefully isn't the case. :p
  13. Orange

Orange Member

Im sorry i made you guys mad lol
  14. skyrimaddict1323

I'm not heated about it man, its cool. Just laying out the facts. It would actually be pretty funny if that was their punishment
  15. Ajones2323

I don't think anyone is mad, as for me I was just trying to be informative. :D
  16. DrunkenMage

DrunkenMage Intoxicated Arch-Mage

There's a Wizard at the College you do quests for and he's trying to recreate the incident for the dwemer to vanish, I found it rather amusing how it ended.
  17. skyrimaddict1323

I've never finished this quest, but *SPOILER* doesnt he suffer the same or a similar fate?
  18. DrunkenMage

DrunkenMage Intoxicated Arch-Mage

You should do the quest, but I personally found it amusing at the end.
  19. Ajones2323

Well, he doesn't die, that's for sure. So it's possible that the same happened for the Dwemer. Although, he didn't use the exact same "tools", if you will. So it's possible that he just went someplace completely different? I guess we'll never know.
  20. skyrimaddict1323

I know he doesn't use the exact same tools, but he tries to replicate the heart.. thats as far as i got lol