• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

CaptMorgan72

In a world where using soul gems damns souls to the Soul Cairn, working with a daedric lord doesn't seem to evil to me. I envision Hermaeus looking Zeus or Gandalf like, despite him appearing as a mass of tentacles. All of my characters, even my monks not only have no problem being Mora's champion but are grateful for the knowledge and power bestowed on us by him. Just don't cross him, look where that got Miraak.

Lady Redpool the Unlifer

Pyro, Spirits Connoisseur, and Soulless Anarchist
I actually like him, he isn't on my plops list as far as the daedra go, most of them aren't come to think of it. The only one I really despise is Clavicus Vile, I seriously don't like him

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
Can I call him Hermy?

Hermy is by far my favorite daedric prince. He lets you do what you want with his power, all he wants in return is to just know whats up. He supports your every whim as long as you don't conspire against him. Miraak was an idiot for betraying him and basically admitted as much just before Hermy put the screws to him.

JClarke1953

I just got to wondering yesterday what would happen if I put on Mirraks gear as a Dragon is attacking. Would Hermaus have something to say? Or if I wore the gear when reading one of the Black Books?

But then, Bethesda did this game, and I doubt if they wrote anything in concerning if one wears Mirraks gear or not. I doubt we could even attempt to finish what Mirrak started, which would be kind of interesting. Even more so, to carry on his "work" over to Skyrim.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
th.jpg
In a world where using soul gems damns souls to the Soul Cairn, working with a daedric lord doesn't seem to evil to me. I envision Hermaeus looking Zeus or Gandalf like, despite him appearing as a mass of tentacles. All of my characters, even my monks not only have no problem being Mora's champion but are grateful for the knowledge and power bestowed on us by him. Just don't cross him, look where that got Miraak.
I invision hearmeaus Mora as this thing

Rimfaxe96

Personally, I mistrust all Daedric princes. The only one I tolerate a bit is Clavicus Vile because of his awesome voice and dog.

But no, Hermy isn't the greatest evil in Skyrim and therefore I don't mind serving him at all. It's not as if being a servant would take up much time anyway, I pretty much can do whatever I want as long as I remember who's got the pants on.
I just hope things won't get ugly when all the Daedra notice I've sworn loyalty to almost all of them... in whose realm will I spend eternity then I wonder? Or will they all just damn me and rip my soul apart?

LotusEater

I just got to wondering yesterday what would happen if I put on Mirraks gear as a Dragon is attacking. Would Hermaus have something to say? Or if I wore the gear when reading one of the Black Books?

But then, Bethesda did this game, and I doubt if they wrote anything in concerning if one wears Mirraks gear or not. I doubt we could even attempt to finish what Mirrak started, which would be kind of interesting. Even more so, to carry on his "work" over to Skyrim.

And wind up being impaled by giant black tentacles going through your face and torso? Hermy don't play.

No thanks. :)

Patches

I like him, he doesn't seem to be all that bad. I just don't like other Daedra Lords, they're, frankly, jerkasses. But Hermy, I like him. Not sure why though. Iy might just be the fact he helped me save Solsthiem. Possibly one of my favorite NPCs. (Aside from serana...)

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Most of my characters don't mind him. Bethesda hasn't done that much to show Herma Mora's dark side. For a Daedra of Knowledge there's not really that many stories of him. Even Namira has a story dedicated to him/her. Nocturnal has her own fricken guild man.

Mr Forz

I'm helping. Mostly.
Evil? It's already a miracle he holds onto his deals and that all he looks for is to gather all the possible knowledge (aswell as spread the influence). His loyal servants were really richly rewarded and they could still carry on with their lives. Imagine Clavicus Vile, but without the regrets or the messy surprises.

LotusEater

One of my favorite quotes from the entire game from Neloth. Regarding the secrets of the Skaal:

"Hmph. What secrets could they have worth keeping from old Mora? Sounds like a bargain to me. Hermaeus Mora learns some fascinating new ways to skin a horker and you become the second most powerful Dragonborn that ever lived. Well that gives me a lot to think about. I need to get back to Tel Mithryn. I have some ideas about how to locate more of these Black Books...".

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
Honestly, I find him and his realm quite scary.
His appearance is quite gruesome, isnt it?

He's a blackmailer, murderer, enslaver and a control- freak, but evil? never...

High King of Skyrim

King of the barbarian horde
A daedra's very nature is evil, if this weren't true, then they'd be an aedra. Even Azura, Merida and Nocturnal, whom seem to be the 'nicest' if you will, are evil in their own manner. Of coarse, some seem worse than others and Hermaeus Mora is no doubt up there in the evil stakes. For centuries he has manipulated and enslaved mortals in his ever growing hunger for knowledge. Thousands of minds have been forever lost in his realm of Apocrypha and his ability to control mortals with their own greed is unmatched. His kind of evil is not so in your face, like that of Molag Bal and Merunes Dagon but rather a more subtle malevolence. One of my favourites for sure.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
thats not how you determine whether their aedra or daedra
A daedra's very nature is evil, if this weren't true, then they'd be an aedra. Even Azura, Merida and Nocturnal, whom seem to be the 'nicest' if you will, are evil in their own manner. Of coarse, some seem worse than others and Hermaeus Mora is no doubt up there in the evil stakes. For centuries he has manipulated and enslaved mortals in his ever growing hunger for knowledge. Thousands of minds have been forever lost in his realm of Apocrypha and his ability to control mortals with their own greed is unmatched. His kind of evil is not so in your face, like that of Molag Bal and Merunes Dagon but rather a more subtle malevolence. One of my favourites for sure.
aedra are the gods that helped to create mundus, daedra are the ones that refused to get involved. not all aedra are wholly good, and not all daedra are wholly evil.

Pete

Actually I think Hermaeus Mora is more dangerous than you know. I definitely left with the impression that he wants to ensnare the dragonborn at some point in the future.

Wildroses

I have a rigid view of morality which I do not deviate from ever. It states that killing someone for any reason other than self defence or defence of the innocent is evil. Thus, I will never forgive Hermaeus Mora for murdering that nice old Skald because he wanted to know his secrets.

ShadowHunter

He killed Septimus Signus because he "outlived his usefulness" and he killed Storn to gain the secrets of the Skaal. Doesn't sound like a good guy to me...

ciphoenix

I have a rigid view of morality which I do not deviate from ever. It states that killing someone for any reason other than self defence or defence of the innocent is evil. Thus, I will never forgive Hermaeus Mora for murdering that nice old Skald because he wanted to know his secrets.
I agree, he could've taken the knowledge. Killing him wasn't necessary

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts