• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ArcaneBelleza

The Benevolent One
Harvesting every plant that crosses your path, especially if you're playing vanilla Skyrim. I can't be the only person who does this, right?
In the midst of battle, evading the wild swing of an angry Giant - "Ooh, is that a dragon's tongue-??" *gets whacked into the stratosphere* "Worth it…!"

One ingredient per plant (two if you have the Green Thumb perk), really? I see dozens of flowers on that Blue Mountain Flower bush, and I only get one stinkin' flower!? Bah!
But now thanks to the magic of modding, I have Harvest Overhaul and it's a very nice consolation. I love using Alchemy, and spending hours roaming Skyrim picking flowers is a tedious task all on its own.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Collecting EVERY gem or piece of jewelry I run across, regardless of its value. I have chest full of the stuff and never sell or craft anything. It's stupid.

And... like you, I MUST collect every single alchemy ingredient I run across. I mean, really, what am I going to do with 5,000 potions of frost protection?

General Charles Xander

General of the 11th Imperial Legion
Collecting every single bottle of Skooma I come across. I never drink any of it, but it's fun to see all of the drugs I have stockpiled. ;)

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Collecting EVERY gem or piece of jewelry I run across, regardless of its value. I have chest full of the stuff and never sell or craft anything. It's stupid.

And... like you, I MUST collect every single alchemy ingredient I run across. I mean, really, what am I going to do with 5,000 potions of frost protection?
Whenever I see jewelry or gems, my inner OCD MLG Min-Max Masochist kicks in and won't let me pass up the excellent value-weight ratio :sadface:

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Yes... In fact, I once made a character that was to do NO alchemy, yet I found myself plucking flowers as an unconscious reflex precipitating personal rebuke upon the realization. Once I was able to train myself to ignore the flowers though, such freedom did I experience! It felt as if I were seeing the world for the first time! :beermug:

ArcaneBelleza

The Benevolent One
Collecting EVERY gem or piece of jewelry I run across, regardless of its value. I have chest full of the stuff and never sell or craft anything. It's stupid

Haha, same, though I do actually sell them off, even the silver rings that are only worth 30 septims…

ArcaneBelleza

The Benevolent One
Yes... In fact, I once made a character that was to do NO alchemy, yet I found myself plucking flowers as an unconscious reflex precipitating personal rebuke upon the realization. Once I was able to train myself to ignore the flowers though, such freedom did I experience! It felt as if I were seeing the world for the first time! :beermug:

Haha! Ah… never tried that before, challenge accepted. :cool:

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
Hi. My name is Simus and I'm an inventory glutton.

I'm a very practical player. If something has any use, any at all, I collect it. If something can be sold, I pick it up. If I don't, I'm just leaving money in front of that fireplace, or on that table, or in that bandit castle parlor. As such, I pick up everything. And I do mean everything. Every weapon, every potion, every wooden bowel and pewter cup. I collect it. It doesn't mater if its value is 0 or 10,000, I pick it up, take it home to breezehome and store it if I plan to use it. This includes all pelts and ores for smithing and all gems for making rings. All soul gems, all alchemy ingrediants and any and all ancient nord weapons I find. On my current character I have somewhere along the lines of 100 swords, axes, and greatswords in preperation for when I eventually get around to doing the Companions quests and can make Nord Hero weapons. And the profits from all those weapons fill my infinitely growing pockets.

Money. That's something I always collect in Bathesda games. Just how much can I make? How high can I get that Skyrim Bank Account number and how much is my Imperial Black MasterCard worth? I love going back to an old fort or cave long cleared out and seeing it completely bare. Knowing that every single item that can be in my inventory has been in my inventory and all of it has been put to maximum use.

Something I always keep at least one of are the books, notes and letters I find. I've read as many as I can and I have a chest just for them.

And then there's the skulls. My first characters has a bedroom full of skulls. It's become some sort of skull throne. Troll skulls sadly are too larege so I had to stop using them but that just makes the human skulls that much more presentable and majestic.

And that's why I'm an inventory glutton. Can i have one of those cookies on the table over there? They look good.

ArcaneBelleza

The Benevolent One
Hi. My name is Simus and I'm an inventory glutton.

I'm a very practical player. If something has any use, any at all, I collect it. If something can be sold, I pick it up. If I don't, I'm just leaving money in front of that fireplace, or on that table, or in that bandit castle parlor. As such, I pick up everything. And I do mean everything. Every weapon, every potion, every wooden bowel and pewter cup. I collect it. It doesn't mater if its value is 0 or 10,000, I pick it up, take it home to breezehome and store it if I plan to use it. This includes all pelts and ores for smithing and all gems for making rings. All soul gems, all alchemy ingrediants and any and all ancient nord weapons I find. On my current character I have somewhere along the lines of 100 swords, axes, and greatswords in preperation for when I eventually get around to doing the Companions quests and can make Nord Hero weapons. And the profits from all those weapons fill my infinitely growing pockets.

Money. That's something I always collect in Bathesda games. Just how much can I make? How high can I get that Skyrim Bank Account number and how much is my Imperial Black MasterCard worth? I love going back to an old fort or cave long cleared out and seeing it completely bare. Knowing that every single item that can be in my inventory has been in my inventory and all of it has been put to maximum use.

Something I always keep at least one of are the books, notes and letters I find. I've read as many as I can and I have a chest just for them.

And then there's the skulls. My first characters has a bedroom full of skulls. It's become some sort of skull throne. Troll skulls sadly are too larege so I had to stop using them but that just makes the human skulls that much more presentable and majestic.

And that's why I'm an inventory glutton. Can i have one of those cookies on the table over there? They look good.

Ha! XD

Oh, and here, have a comic, it sums up your statement quite well. ;)

skyrim__the_hoarder_by_isriana-d4l14jx.jpg

hershangames

I collect every book, letter and journal.
God I do the same, take every single written thing I come across, check if there's useful information, something entertaining or skill points, then put it in my Breezehome. I just like imagining my wife opening the drawer, reading the letters and realizing all the horrible stuff I've done...[emoji48] [emoji48]

I would be so happy to have a shelf to store the books...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I collect every book, letter and journal.
God I do the same, take every single written thing I come across, check if there's useful information, something entertaining or skill points, then put it in my Breezehome. I just like imagining my wife opening the drawer, reading the letters and realizing all the horrible stuff I've done...[emoji48] [emoji48]

I would be so happy to have a shelf to store the books...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Markarth home (Vlindrel Hall) is an alright location in vallina Skyrim for storing books. Though I like putting gold ingots on all book shelves.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Harvesting every plant that crosses your path, especially if you're playing vanilla Skyrim.
I did on my first playthrough, but now I'm very selective about which skills a character uses. I hardly use alchemy, so I hardly harvest anything. Even with alchemist characters, I've come to know which things I need more than others. For example, I don't use red mountain flowers very much, so I tend to leave those alone when I pass them.

I do have a compulsive habit of looting corpses, though. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY MIGHT HAVE (even though it's usually just crappy arrows and three gold). I'm getting better at leaving corpses alone, but it's hard.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
Oh. Hai Pag!

And I understand completely. One of my favorite parts of the Meridea quest is looting the dead soldier corpses and seeing the pure gold. The necromancy re defiling the temple must have waited until payday for the Imperial Legion and the Stormcloaks, then lead them there cause those guys are loaded!

sticky runes

Picking up every scroll i find. Even though I never use scrolls and forget that I have them. I think "ooh, a scroll of fire storm, that will come in handy next time I'm surrounded by enemies." And the next time I am surrounded by enemies I take them all out with my swords,poisons,spells,shouts, but never use any scrolls. Even if I don't have a follower to worry about being harmed by the scrolls effects, I still forget to use them.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Picking up every scroll i find. Even though I never use scrolls and forget that I have them. I think "ooh, a scroll of fire storm, that will come in handy next time I'm surrounded by enemies." And the next time I am surrounded by enemies I take them all out with my swords,poisons,spells,shouts, but never use any scrolls. Even if I don't have a follower to worry about being harmed by the scrolls effects, I still forget to use them.
THIS.

I'm the same with potions. "This Potion of Resist/Fortify/Restore ______ will come in real handy!" But I never use them. I just end up with 230493095 potions and very little carry weight left for anything else.

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
I always end up just drinking healing potions and nothing else. That's summed up pretty well here:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts