• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

rlang290

I search every urn. I wish I could stop but I can't. I tried RP'ing an assassin that took an oath of poverty: Nope, didn't work. It actually morphed into something fun though. I played a sneaky assassin that only uses dwarven arrows. That he was the only person in Skyrim that used dwarven arrows. After every kill I tried very hard to find all the arrows I shot. That way no one would know it was him that performed the deed.
Not always possible but fun none the less.

Ron

hershangames

I search every urn. I wish I could stop but I can't. I tried RP'ing an assassin that took an oath of poverty: Nope, didn't work. It actually morphed into something fun though. I played a sneaky assassin that only uses dwarven arrows. That he was the only person in Skyrim that used dwarven arrows. After every kill I tried very hard to find all the arrows I shot. That way no one would know it was him that performed the deed.
Not always possible but fun none the less.

Ron
I prefer to be an assasin who kills all of his victims by cutting their throats, and leave everything as it was: doors, tables...everything. That way everybody reconigsed the type of kill but there was no trace of me being there, so I was uncatchable. Searching for arrows must be a real pain in the ass
uploadfromtaptalk1433273683383.jpg

sheggy6

I store everything in the self-appointed parts of the home I'm placing my items in. One chest can be armor, and only armor! Another has to have nothing but weapons, one barrel for each type of vegetable or fruit, one shelf in the kitchen has all the various meats, etc.

RPG's have a weird tendency of bringing out these weird OCD like things out of all of us. Which is really odd.

kwame.wilson.18

Oh, I almost forgot. I love kill cams. So I could actually load an auto save just so I can take out the bandit chief with a kill cam. Makes it epic[emoji1]

Simus

An Excellent Site Member
It's really what they're designed for. Part of that is why it's been over a year since I've played Skyrim. Too many exploits.

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I always go back to my first created character. I've had a few other characters, but I always end up playing with my first character, which at this point has joined almost any faction.

Vegito123

I do sometimes have a huge stock of plants, or potions in my inventory and have to either use them or sell them as they get in the way when looking for the important things I need in the game. Sometimes I collect everything I find in the game, and even diamonds or any loot from a boy of a bandit or monster and sell them for money, which is good as it means I have more coins in the game. I think I need to be careful, as some of the items were more junk and not needed and can just pile up easily and have to sort out the inventory and see what needs to go.

ArcaneBelleza

The Benevolent One
I did on my first playthrough, but now I'm very selective about which skills a character uses. I hardly use alchemy, so I hardly harvest anything. Even with alchemist characters, I've come to know which things I need more than others. For example, I don't use red mountain flowers very much, so I tend to leave those alone when I pass them.

Ahh, yeah. I tried very hard to resist the urge of picking ingredients, but in the end, I came up with plausible excuses to why I must use alchemy for every playthrough. It's just so useful! Especially when you spend hours mix-matching to find that special combination to create a powerful potion/poison.
For example, Red Mountain Flower + Fire Salts + Jazbay Grapes creates a potion with fortify/restore/regenerate magicka, which is excellent for mages.

I do have a compulsive habit of looting corpses, though. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY MIGHT HAVE (even though it's usually just crappy arrows and three gold). I'm getting better at leaving corpses alone, but it's hard.

I do the same. Well, depends on whose corpse it is. If it's a Stormcloak soldier or a low-level Draugr, pass. But if it's a Necromancer, I'll definitely take a look-see.

Rimfaxe96

When I decide to go somewhere without using fast travel I keep looking in every direction, hoping for a random encounter.

Kryonis

My biggest habit is checking the loot on every body. I just can't leave them there, no matter how much I try. I'm good about not looting everything, but I have to check. I don't play my char to join everything, I do RP him, so I think that helps with that. I hardly use shouts but after seeing that picture I may have to start using them more often, lol. My biggest OCD thing is placing items in proper parts of the home. I don't just load up stuff anywhere for the most part. It all has a proper place. I'm also a book collector, mostly because I hate how the book cases look when empty, I don't read them much to be honest.

I keep every single piece of paper or items from quests. Items only so long as they don't need to be collected to complete said quests, though. I also store them in a certain chest in my home(s).
Now that I have the Hearthfire DLC, I collect all the useless stuff that goes in the "misc" part of your inventory to decorate my Hearthfire homes with. That includes brooms, saws, tongs, shovels, baskets, pots and pans and glasses, plates, and bowls if they look interesting enough to decorate with. I've also taken to collecting Dwemer odds and ends to decorate with, and not just the Centurion Cores, either. I also collect skulls of all types to decorate with as well. The other day for example, I discovered Wayward Pass and decided to take the Ancient Travelers Skull. Still figuring out where to put it, though.
Seems I'm not the only one who can't help but pick every alchemy ingredient they pass. I've been trying to work on that, mostly because when traveling on horseback it's a pain to have to get off to go pick some plants (am on PS3 so no mods to fix that), but it's not easy. The only thing I've managed to stop picking is snowberries, and that's only because they're everywhere and I have loads of Resist Frost potions as it is. One benefit is that I'm a pretty high level alchemist now. I have my character gather up enough alchemy ingredients to make a bunch of potions and poisons at one time and boy does that make her alchemy level up fast! Now if only she had thought to put more perks into it! lol
Speaking of that, I also can't resist picking up all the potions I see, no matter how useless or weak. The ones she can't use gets sold or given to a follower.
Same goes for things in urns in dungeons. I always pick select all, no matter how seemingly useless the items or small the gold. I also pick up any and all gold I see whether from corpses or otherwise, no matter if it's just 5 measly septims. Seems to me it adds up pretty quick so it's worth it IMHO. Same goes for enchanted weapons and armor, and mage robes. I'll disenchant them if I don't have the enchantment and sell the rest. I just can't seem to leave an enchanted item behind.
Ebony weapons and armor (mostly, though I pick up others as well to practice with) get picked up as well. Some I practice enchanting and smithing on (I'll sharpen the weapons and smith up the armor the best I can), or sell them. Sometimes to boost their worth I'll smith them up, enchant them, then sell them. :)
I also collect books, including books I've read, skill books, and spell books (even if I know the spell already). The books I've read and the spell books my character already knows will be sold for a few extra septims, preferably to the Orc at the College of Winterhold (I like to think she's helping to add onto the library's knowledge there, as a grateful gesture back to when it helped her), but not always.
I also practice enchanting and smithing with the extra jewelry, gems, ores, weapons and armor I pick up. If I can't use the items on my character or a follower, once done practicing, I'll sell those as well.
I have recently taken to collecting clothing of all types and storing them in my characters various homes, as well as weaker tier weapons and armor. The clothing is mostly for roleplay; my character likes to have some extra clothes to relax in her homes in. She also leaves food, ale and extra potions in her homes for that reason. Seeing as my character is always wandering from place to place, it's a way of feeling more at ease and at home for her when traveling. This is also why she's started buying homes at various points around Skyrim.
The weapons and armor are also for roleplay. She leaves them there as back up for herself and her followers in case something happens to the things they own.
Finally, no matter what Shout I find, no matter if my character can use it or not, I will always get the Shouts from the Word Walls and unlock them. Just in case I need them sometime.
I also keep various potions and potions, a few weapons of different types (right now I have Dragonbane for dragons, Meridia's sword - forget the name - for undead, and a glass sword enchanted with firey soul trap to fill soul gems with and for basic fighting. I also keep the Nightingale Bow and an Ebony bow enchanted with firey soul trap to shoot arrows at dragons with depending on type and also to sneak shoot enemies with if necessary. I keep arrows of all kinds with me as well; they're weightless after all and you never know when you need extra arrows). I also keep a set of clothes, gloves, and boots in my characters inventory in case she has to stop in at a town somewhere to stay over a few days. Again it's mostly for roleplay but it helps set the mood. Also she keeps a set of enchanted light armor and a set of mage robes on her. The robes are for if she has to regen magicka faster than the enchanted armor can which has happened before. It weighs a pound so it's not a big deal, and she'll be getting rid of it once her smithing and enchanting is good enough to make better enchanted armor.
I think that's it as far as compulsive habits go. I have quite a few too lol. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyrimosity

Hello everybody. My name is Skyrimosity. Some of you may know me from around the forums. Well, I have a bit of a confession to make. I am a hoarder.

So, what do I hoard, you may ask? Dwemer "artifacts". If it says Dwarven in the name, or is found in a Dwemer ruin, then I simply MUST have it. All the cupboards, chests, etc in my homes are loaded with them.

My first long-lasting character, a Breton Conjurer/Necromancer named Edwyn, had a very unique method of artifact collection. You see, I had the Dead Thrall spell, and then the perk that allows you to have two dead thralls. After I got finished loading down my follower with random stuff (my condolences, Erik the Slayer) I would kill a thrall and load some Dwemer stuff onto their dead body before resurrecting them again. This repeated throughout any place with Dwemer artifacts.

Mind you, none of my characters have been smiths. I find smithing tedious. So everything I collected, every Large Dwemer Strut and Cog, was entirely useless.

So how bad is this habit? To give you some clue, with Edwyn, I collected every piece of Dwemer equipment in my Hjerim home that I possibly could and dropped it all. It flooded the floor, murdered by FPS, and crashed the game.

PoeticEdda

With some characters I leave items at every shrine I come across, as if it will actually lead to good karma or something.

There's something satisfying about a well placed drop of a ring or alchemy ingredient to add to the rest of the tribute.

Skyrimosity

I jump...everywhere. That's pretty much it. That's my compulsive habit in Skyrim and pretty much any game that gives me the ability to jump around.
You would LOVE Oblivion then. You can actually level up your Acrobat skill that way!

Voorth

"Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy." - Josey Wales
One Statistic I wish they had was: Loose Coins picked up.

I'd really like to know just how many thousands of times i've hovered over a table with wooden plates and embalming tools and carefully picked up each individual coin.... lol

....while having 75,000 coins on me already.

Kryonis

With some characters I leave items at every shrine I come across, as if it will actually lead to good karma or something.

There's something satisfying about a well placed drop of a ring or alchemy ingredient to add to the rest of the tribute.

While I don't know you, I think I might hate you because my gaming OCD says I should do this as well. Thanks! Lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts