1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Best ingredients to farm

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by FullmetalHeart20, Feb 25, 2013.

1. FullmetalHeart20 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Does anybody know of any rare plants that can be cultivated with the Hearthfire DLC? I wanna be pragmatic, and save plots for ingredients that almost never show up.
  2. Lady Imp Rabid Wolverine

Message Count:
    Looks like someone's making a pharm. ;)

Honestly, I do a lot of healing potions, so I grow wheat in my plot so that I always have it in supply. Also, blue mountain flower. And glowing mushroom. But that last one is only cause it's pretty. :)
  3. CPT.JBirch1945 Member

Message Count:
    I was thinking about those gleamblossoms (I think that's their name). They show up in Darkfall Cave I think. You have to have Dawngaurd to get them. I'm pretty sure they only show up there.
  4. Lady Imp Rabid Wolverine

Message Count:
    I don't think you can farm anything added by DLC. I was quite upset, I wanted to put yellow mountain flower into my farm, but it wouldn't let me. :sadface:
  5. CPT.JBirch1945 Member

Message Count:
    Dang! that sucks.
  6. Zolo-Shea Lizard Wizard

Message Count:
    Same here, I wanted me some of that Yellow Mountain Flower in my garden--but it doensn't show up in the Give Gift menu. Gleamblossom would be nice to cultivate too, but apparently it's just unplantable. These new species of flora are just so unstable, that I know nothing about how to plant them and take care of them--and when it comes to Alchemy, I'm in my mid-60s. Still a novice, it would seem.

I grow a variety of mushrooms in my garden at the moment, but that's pretty much for the aesthetic.
  7. Lady Imp Rabid Wolverine

Message Count:
    You're talking to someone who has killed a cactus. The only way I can keep any plant alive is in that game. ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Zolo-Shea Lizard Wizard

Message Count:
    You killed a cactus? How!? With a gun, you mean? Yeah, I gave my wife a cactus way back when we were dating--she managed to kill it too. :rolleyes:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lady Imp Rabid Wolverine

Message Count:
    I overwatered it. Funny story, cacti apparently don't need a lot of water... :oops:
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Lady Imp Rabid Wolverine

Message Count:
    It does, that yellow mountain flower is only found in one place, and it's quite beneficial for the restoration alchemist. It would have been nice if they could have flowed the two DLCs together....
  11. FullmetalHeart20 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    At least we'll always have fast travel.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. CPT.JBirch1945 Member

Message Count:
    This!
  13. Lady Imp Rabid Wolverine

Message Count:
    Fast travel is what contributes to the growing obesity epidemic in Tamriel. People need to get moving!

:D
    • Winner Winner x 1