OOC (18+) The Expedition

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    This is my first RP so don't be too harsh. It takes place during the very outbreak of the civil war in Skyrim. Ulfric has only just killed the High King and the Stormcloaks have barely begun their rebellion. While war breaks out in Skyrim, high in the Druadach mountains an ancient ruin has been discovered. Nestled in a mountain vale, surrounded by soaring peaks, rugged mountain paths, and beautiful waterfalls lies the shell of a once proud Akavirii village along with a mysterious monastery perched on the cliffs above the village. Curious and eager to know more about the enigmatic conquerers of old, Jarl Igmund of Markarth has proposed that an expedition, made up of explorers and archeologists be sent to find out what they can. The expedition is to be accompanied by a small contingent of Legion soldiers for protection from the hostile reachmen, known as the forsworn, and the Jarl has also sent out an invitation to any mercenaries willing to provide further protection.

As the team meets in the city of Markarth and prepares for their foray into the unknown, little do they know that the village is not quite so derelict as it may appear. Deep in the bowels of the monastery dwells an ancient evil, awakened from a long slumber and making preparations of its own for an all out assault on the already besieged provence of Skyrim. Can our group of would be explorers discover the truth behind the village and put a stop to the machinations of it's malicious inhabitants?

---------------------------

I've taken the inspiration for this RP from the likes of Tomb Raider, Uncharted, and similar games and movies alike. As far as recruiting goes, I'm going to be pretty choosy. By that, I mean that, just because I've Rp'd with you before or just because you put a card in, it doesn't mean I'm going to accept you. I'm really pushing for well written posts. By that, I mean grammar as well as content. A post doesn't have to be exceptionally long but it should fit with previous posts by making sure to read the ones prior to yours and building on them.

Also, I'm looking for realism in characters. This means that I would like to see characters who fit within the story. I'm not trying to be a prick or to discourage creativity, but as far as I'm concerned a 200 year old rogue vampire or a monster slaying veteran of the Dawnguard wouldn't have a whole lot of interest in a academic research expedition. However, IF you can come up with a logical and believable reason that said character would go along on such an expedition, then by all means, post their CC.

The overall plot will have a few twists and turns down the road but it will begin with the group meeting in Markarth before setting out.

--------------------------------

Rules:

1. No godding. (That means no super-duper Nirn killing powers, character ideas, abilities or anything else that ruins other people's fun. If you're not sure if your idea crosses the line, please ask.)

2. No Thu'ums (I'm afraid none of us are the Dragonborn and none of us were trained by the Greybeards.)

3. Master-level skills and spells are fine, but please keep rule number 1 in mind.
    Please try and keep cursing and lewd speech to a minimum in the RP itself. I don't care what you guys do in the OOC chat (this thread here).

4. Make all of your posts at least a paragraph (Five sentences.) and please try to post every other day. More is better. Anyone who does not post for two weeks or more and has not posted a reason why will be considered inactive and have their character suffer a terrible death at the claws of a thousand mudcrabs be parked somewhere for when and if they decide to come back.

5. If you know you have an upcoming commitment, you get bored with the RP, life hijaks you or you become otherwise unable to post for an extended number of days, please let us know in the OOC chat or PM me. That way the group knows what's going on with you, we can park you somewhere until you get back, and the story can move along smoothly. More importantly, you don't get badgered about where you are and you can do whatever it is you have to do in peace.

6. I will start this RP when we have 4-6 people, but it will remain open. If you're new and you wish to join, please introduce yourself and submit a character card. You must also provide a generous sample of your own roleplaying along with your character card. This can be something you've written before or something new.

7. Whichever gives you less of a migrane. This includes everyone from the old story in the intererst of fairness. Also, please note which color you want your dialogue to be. Colors are first come first served. NPC's will be standard gray unless Sheogorath deems otherwise.

8. You may have one or two characters in this RP and any NPC's you feel would add to the story. However, please take note of who is doubling up on characters before doing so yourself and be mindful of how it would affect the group. A 20 man party over 10 members is a bit unwieldy. If you need to drop a character because two is too hard to manage, that's fine. Just let us know.

9. This is an 18+ RP, meaning that it could very well contain, blood and gore, cursing, nudity, sex, the whole nine yards. If you don't like that then just remember, you don't have to join, and you don't have to read.

10. Have fun! This is the most importaint rule. If you have any questions about anything, plese speak up.

All of the above rules are common sense stuff. I don't think anything is too hard to follow. If I forgot to address anything, please let me know.

T. Rakinson

A Brute among Beasts
    Im surprised you havent done a RP before, Marek. I think you'll make a good leader.
    This RP isnt really for me (18+, outside of skyrim, E.T.C.), but i wish you the best of luck, and good luck to anyone else who joins!

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    I have a couple ideas for characters. I''ll have something up by tonight

Andre Marek

Thanks T. And It isn't really outside of Skyrim, just on the very edges of the map. Thanks for the rep though.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    This looks really cool. I have a mind to put up a CC, as I have some interesting ideas, but I'm not sure I would have the time for another RP.

Andre Marek

If you think you can manage it then by all means, post a CC. If you think you might have trouble keeping up then please, please, I beg you, hold off until you know for sure, one way or another. This thread will hopefully be around for a while and I have a plan that will allow new characters to be introduced later after its already started, so don't feel obliged to put a CC up.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    I'll have two characters for this RP.

Name: Jared Ovin

Race: Imperial

Sex: Male

Class: Explorer/Archaeologist

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 135 Lbs.

Handicaps: Often feels 'phantom pains' in his back and shoulders from the time he was nearly crushed by large boulders.

Appearance: Short black hair, dark green eyes, fairly slender, not very muscled despite being tall. With stubble as his only facial hair. He has several scars on his shoulders and backs from being trapped in a cave-in, during an expedition in Cyrodiil.

Apparel: Wears rough working clothes while in cave systems, tight enough to keep from being caught on low openings, or jagged outcroppings. When not working, he wears comfortable burgundy tunic, and tan coloured pants.

Religion: The Eight Divines.

Habits: Tends to drum his fingers against his knees when bored. His right knee starts shaking if he has pent up energy, or is nervous.

Likes: Caving, a good drink, reading, making new discoveries

Dislikes: Fighting, thugs, fire.

Personality: Friendly, outgoing, gets along very well with people. Very persistent, although he often irritates people, especially women, when he pursues' ...romances. Rather daring, even if caution would serve him better.

History: Jared was born in Anvil, and grew up in the cold northern climates of Cyrodiil, and began exploring ruins and caves when he was ten years old. His parents, a professor at the mages college, and an Imperial scholar, encouraged his behaviour, and when he was seventeen, he left home to discover lost artifacts and the ruins of Dwemer civilizations.

During one of these expeditions, while he was exploring an unstable cave system, several large boulders fell, trapping his upper body against the floor of the cavern. His fellow explorers heard his screams, and managed to move the rubble before Jared was too badly injured, although his shoulders and back were badly mauled.

He recovered quickly, however, and despite being haunted by the accident, he continues to explore ruins and caves, making a name for himself in archaeological circles.Hearing of an expedition being mounted to a mysterious Akaviiri village, he eagerly leaves for Skyrim. However, his father does not trust the local Nords, and has sent a hired blade to look after his son...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Faelana Whitesun . Prefers 'Fae'

Race: Altmer

Sex: Female

Class: Warrior

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 120 Lbs

Appearance: Shoulder length braided pure white hair, golden eyes, gold coloured skin, narrow cheekbones, slender,attractive in a subtle kind of way. Well muscled, due to her warrior conditioning, although not overtly so.

Apparel: Chain mail covers her arms, legs and the rest of her body, up to her neck. Has leather boots, and steel reinforced leather gauntlets, with a plain, lightweight, steel and moonstone chest and backplate, over the chainmail. Wears a light grey, hooded cloak, but removes it in combat.Wears light blue tunic and grey pants as casual wear.

Weapons: A pair of curved elven blades, about a half metre in length. Think Elven dagger but longer.

Religion: None. Lost her faith in the divines years ago.

Habits: twitches her fingers when angry or annoyed.

Dislikes: Nords, Caves, arrogant people, most men.

Personality: Cold, distant, although she can be kind when least expected. Unpredictable.

History: Not much is known about Faelana. She was born in Alinor, but left due to a misunderstanding with her father about her profession. He wanted her to become a Thalmor agent, while she wanted to travel without being reviled wherever she went. She arrived in Hammerfell, and made her way from there to Cyrodiil, meeting Jared and his father.

She worked for the Ovin family for three years, doing odd jobs for them that recquired a less than subtle approach. Usually, these jobs involved 'liberating' artifacts and rare tomes from bandits or other filth. Many of her tasks lead her to Skyrim, where through an unknown event, she came to have a great hatred for Nords. When Jacob Ovin, Jared Ovins' father learned his son was planning to join an expedition that was starting in Markarth, he offered her a great sum of money to accompany and guard his son. Despite her reservations, Fae agreed, and hopes she won't end up regretting it.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Oh, and I'll be using

This for Fae.
    and
    This for Jared.

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
    Yeah, unfortunately, I do not think I will have time for this RP. A shame, it is, as this idea is really cool, but I don't think I'll have enough time for this, between me being ill and all the other RPs I am involved in.

I wish you and this RP luck, Andre.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    I'm digging this idea.

I'll do some tinkering and try to come up with something new, but I might just stick with what cc's I am best with.
    We'll see what I can come up with!

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Alright. I have a general idea for what characters I want to use. I am planning on doubling up, however, one of the characters I am thinking about including has a dual personality disorder, so he would technically need two colors, as they will bicker a lot.

Would that mean I am using 3 characters in technicality? And if so, would that be too much for you to handle, should you accept the cc's and sample I put forward?

If not, I have another character for the job, so there won't be any tears shed on it. ;)

Andre Marek

About as close to my female alter ego as you can get really.
    » NAME - Kate (Won't say her last name.)
    » ALIAS - None
    » AGE - 28
    » BIRTH SIGN - The Lady
    » ORIGIN - Imperial
    » CLASS - Explorer, Scholar
    » GENDER - Female
    » HEIGHT - 5'11"
    » WEIGHT - 130lbs
    » LATERALITY - Right Handed
    » SEXUALITY - Homosexual
    » MARTIAL STATUS - Single
    » HEALTH - Very good
    » AFFILIATION - Solitude, Bards College, Imperial Legion
    » AFFLICTIONS - None
    » RELIGION - None
    » PATRON DEITIES - None
    Personality
    » POSITIVE TRAITS - Calm, Intelligent, Self Confident, Straight Forward
    » NEGATIVE TRAITS - Cunning, Ruthless, Sarcastic
    » LIKES - Coffee, Exploring, Ancient Artifacts, Reading, Martial Arts
    » DISLIKES - Ignorant people, Drugs, Unnecessarily Loud noises
    » FEARS - The Afterlife
    » ASPIRATIONS - To learn as much about ancient history as possible and one day explore every ruin and tomb in Skyrim
    » QUIRKS - Rubs her eyes when she gets stressed out. Absolutely hates mushrooms no matter what they're in.
    Appearance
    » HAIR - Dark Brown
    » EYE COLOR - Dark Brown
    » SKIN COLOR - Lightly Tanned
    » BUILD - Slim but muscular. Well defined.
    » SCARS - One on the back of her left shoulder. Another on the side of her neck from a close call with a Forsworn.
    » PHYSICAL - Kate has a fairly athletic build with long legs, and a modest bust. She has long hair, falling to just between her shoulder blades which she usually keeps in a pony-tail or braid. She is well muscled, having spent most of her later teen years and early twenties exploring ruins and tombs and learning the art of parkour. She has high angular cheekbones and a strong jawline that gives her a slightly more serious look than she may actually be. Her nose is long and is slightly upturned at the end and she almost always seems to be smirking at something.
    » ATTIRE - Just the armor, not the face obviously
    4708-1-1325722573.jpg
    » GEAR - A set of climbing gear, complete with rope, a pair of climbing axes, and a small backpack that easily houses the majority of her gear. She also carries a long combat dagger in a sheath at the back of her belt.

History
    » Kate grew up in Riverwood and developed an interest in exploring early on from long hours spent staring up at the ruins of Bleak Falls Barrow. Over the years she slowly explored the surrounding countryside and often read books about Dwemer ruins, Nordic tombs, and the like. When she was about sixteen years old, she decided that she had had enough of just staring up at the Barrow. Without telling anyone where she was going, she stole a few supplies and made her way up to the crypt. For almost a day, Kate crept around the musty hallways of the catacombs until she came to the puzzle door. Athough she had no way of getting the door open without the right claw, Kates own curiosity hooked her. She knew then and there that she wanted to explore ruins like Bleak Falls for the rest of her life. Now, twelve years later, she has become a well respected explorer and scholar. She calls Solitude city her home and often finds work from the Bards college. She has recently traveled to the city of Markarth to aid in leading a research expedition into the Druadach Mountains in search of an Akavirii village that has recently been discovered there.

Andre Marek

Alright. I have a general idea for what characters I want to use. I am planning on doubling up, however, one of the characters I am thinking about including has a dual personality disorder, so he would technically need two colors, as they will bicker a lot.

Would that mean I am using 3 characters in technicality? And if so, would that be too much for you to handle, should you accept the cc's and sample I put forward?

If not, I have another character for the job, so there won't be any tears shed on it. ;)

I can't see why a character with a disorder like that wouldn't work. So long as you can write it well, then you've got my approval to put up a CC. Maybe try putting in a sample piece of writing from that character/character's perspective, just to make it clear how you plan to write them.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Sweet!

I was planning on using a post like that for my sample, so that makes it a bit easier! :p

Anyway, I'll get to work on putting those cc's up. Hopefully I won't disappoint!

Andre Marek

Oh, and you're in Shaded. Welcome to the Expedition!

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Alright. I'll go ahead and apologize for how this is split up, but I didn't want to lose detail in order to make everything into one fluent post. The flow of the cc may get wacky, so refresh a few times and it should be fine.

First, here's the Character I told you about.

Name: Dolmas / Valen Hlerayn

Age: 85 (Looks only to be in his early twenties, due to elven aging)

Race: Dunmer

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Marital Status: Single

Place of Birth: Small, unnamed village on Solesteim

Current Residence: N/A

Class: Mercenary, Duelist

Affiliations: Himself.

Afflictions: Daedric induced Schizophrenia, lycanthropy

Alignment: Ranges from Lawful Neutral to Chaotic Evil, depending on who’s in control.

Religion: None. Deep seated hatred for all Daedra.

______

Appearance:
    Height: 5’10
    Weight: 190 lbs. .
    Hair: Dark colored Mohawk, short hair round rest of head.
    Eye Color: Vibrant Red
    Build: Strong but lean, from Mercenary work as well as constantly being on the move.
    Skin: Lighter shade of blue.
    Scars: One, over left eye. Caused by childhood accident.
    There are multiple scars over his body, but they are intricate designs, more than likely self-inflicted.

607lc-V3SxdHzbkYno--s-v3RklhLcD4_2Ynlgf20FCreT1K98qw4zr0RsTJqwB_4DODRIYplVlXna-3NLeku2PBSph-BRPVPxp_uayMpAmmPX2HhMR-ePy5

____

Personality:

Dolmas

Dolmas is a relatively good man. He fights for what he believes is right and will stand up for those he loves.
    Has a deep need for companionship, and is looking for someone to help combat Valen’s control. So far, no one has survived long enough to help. Finds himself often intertwined with woman, but tends to stay away, as he is afraid of attachment. He is charitous, chivalric to a fault.

Dislikes: Valen, Werewolves, unnecessary bloodshed, Arrogance

Valen

Valen, however, is a totally different story. A unpredictable madman, Valen is likely to aid you as kill you, but I wouldn’t hold your breath for the aid. He could, and probably would play a game of 20 questions with you before killing you, maybe even a game of hangman, where the stakes are death! But it all depends on how he feels. He loves to destroy things, kill things, and looooong walks on the ash! Favorite pass-time is ruining Dolmas’ life.

Dislikes: Dolmas, Dolmas, and Dolmas
    ____

Equipment and Clothing:

Silver colored Elven armor plating, greaves, gauntlets and boots on leather trousers and long-sleeved undershirt.
    Cloaked in a black trench length jacket.
    Carries two swords; An akaviri katana, as well as a cyrodilic privateer’s cutlass. The cutlass is tied to his belt, the
    katana is strapped to his back, through straps attached to the jacket itself.
    A single dagger is hidden on the back of his belt, and another is hidden in his boot. Both are only for emergencies, as he rarely uses them.
    Wears a mask made from a skull. It is framed with Elven steel for better fitting. The origin of the mask is unknown.

___

Skills:

Major: One-handed, Alteration, Block
    Minor: Light armor, Sneak, Speech

____

History:

Pre-Birth: One fateful day, in the realm of old Sheogorath the mad, a feeling he had not anticipated plagued him. He looked out amongst the Shivering Isles, at all the chaos and disorder he had made, but felt a tug at his mind. A feeling of...Boredom.

In a moment or two, an idea struck him. He looked out amongst the land of Tamriel, searching for the perfect specimen for what he had in store. Then, almost like fate, his eyes found a newborn dunmer, who had just been named Dolmas Hlerayn.

Childhood: At Dolmas’ birth, Sheogorath bestowed into him two “gifts”. First, he was plagued with a need for companionship. To feel that someone cares for him, and to care for someone else. The second, and by far most painful, was the plague of a madman. Sheogorath placed within him the powerful need to kill indiscriminately, mostly those he felt close to, or those he loved. These gifts went unnoticed, until one day he was playing with some other children in his home on Solestiem. He had finally gotten a chance to play with the other kids in his village. His family was overprotective, so it took some shoving to get him out there amongst the others.

They later came to regret it.

He played with the four children, and had a great time. Until they wanted to play hide and seek. They drew stems to see who was it, and Dolmas picked the shortest stem. While they hid, Dolmas began to count. After the count ended, a sudden change went through Dolmas’ mind. A hunger overcame him, and his senses began to heighten. He started to chuckle softly under his breath. Without any further delay, he found the other children, but what happened after...well, it is hard to explain.

Late Childhood/Adolescence: Shortly after, he and his family were exiled, and Dolmas’ condition began to worsen. The second personality had developed a name. : “Valen”. Valen was his, “Wild side” and Dolmas’ worst nightmare. Dolmas and Valen would constantly battle over control of the boy’s body, and many calamities followed every skirmish, finally ending with the death of both his parents.

This sent little Dolmas into a deep depression. He fled into the wilderness of Skyrim, where they had taken residence after their banishment. He remained their, hunting and surviving alone, for many years.

Young Adulthood: Somehow, he heard the name of another daedric entity, who could possibly be dealt with to end this madness that plagued him: Clavicus Vile. Not knowing that this whole mess was orchestrated by a Prince to start with, he took this chance to save himself.

He wandered into Haemar’s Shame, and found the statue bearing the Prince and his mutt. He spoke aloud, wanting something to help with his madness and incessant bloodlust. Vile listened and gave it to him. Unfortunately, it wasn’t what he had in mind.

Clavicus made Dolmas a werewolf, which added to the already painful blood-lust that he was experiencing. That night, an entire blossoming township in the Rift was devoured by poor Dolm, sending him into yet another fit of depression.

Adulthood:After exiling himself again for another twenty years, at the age of 85, he set out again, noticing that his self control was getting better. He began to do odd jobs and merc jobs to get money, and, in turn, get the companionship he craved the most.

Now: Dolmas is on his way to Markarth with his first companion, Krisandra. He is planning on creating a force for a important purpose, and wants to be sure she knows what she is doing, and if she can be trusted as a friend. .

The Jarl of Markarth had asked for mercenaries to guide some researchers, as well as some other important people to a ruin he hadn't heard of before. He dragged his protege with him, hoping she could prove her worth in what battle was sure to come.

He is about to find out that he may have gotten more than he bargained for.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Name: Krisandra (Goes by Kris)
    Race: Nord/Breton
    Sexuality: Bisexual
    Marital Status: Single
    Place of Birth: Small house on outskirts of Rorikstead
    Current Residence: N/A
    Class: Nightblade, Assassin, Trapper
    Affiliations: Herself
    Afflictions: None
    Alignment: Ranges from Lawful Neutral to Neutral Evil, depending on which persona she is using.
    Religion: None. Wasn’t exposed to the Aedra and/or Daedra as a child.
    ______
    Appearance:
    Height: 5’10
    Weight: 126 lbs. .
    Hair: Black hair, grown past her shoulder blades.
    Eye Color: Golden brown, almost yellow.
    Build: Athletic build, from constant use of skills to survive, and make coin for her family.
    Scars: One, on left cheek. Light cut, only noticeable if studied closely. There are a few on her arms or back, from work, but also from home life.
    fYkYNXC0JNL2FOmaJyDwMkO_GSckIpUNRW-xalx6WNlVowbdhfQbDGBXkqGKgXfoxpXlqzjRWt1aYxL5h9WyYa3uqXp0oN4HchSIXtfssvgrvXw2tQQLNY01

Shot of her at the age of eighteen, wearing bits and pieces of Imperial armor, as she plays Legate in the draugr tombs alone. Her appearance has remained mostly the same, except maybe a stronger face.
    ____
    Personality:
    She can be seen from two lights, one her professional side, the other her true side, which comes out rarely.

Her professional behavior is dark and mysterious. A cunning and swift decision maker, she does not hesitate or relent for a second on contracts, and will not hesitate to do what is necessary to get the job done. She is trully ruthless when on the hunt, and will trail her target to the ends of the world if she has to. Her tactics include usual assassination technique, along with an unusual fixation with runes, especially paralytic and ash runes, which incapacitate and make prey easier to catch.

Her true side, however, is far different than what most see. She, as seen above, often likes to play pretend she is in the imperial legion, using her tactics she has learned to say she is the legions top spy, gutting the opposition from the inside with tales of grandeur. When she is seen for what she truly is, a young, misguided, "innocent" woman, it is hard to believe that she is capable of the brutality they hear from stories of her work, which have included mutilation, as well as hanging a particular man and woman from a cliff by their toes, using a chain.

Overall, she is fiercly loyal to Dolmas, and any other she is put in charge of. She often sees the tortured man and herself as kindred spirits, and will often stand by his decisions, no matter what.

Positive Traits: As innocent as a child from her circumstances can be, thoughtful, tactful. Seductive.

Negative Traits: Brutal, calculating, cold. Manipulative when she wants to be.

____
    Equipment and Clothing
    :
    34ZE25XWzFT3IcaWoArBlN6Aotz35X8p4MFFQ2xS4hxqsBQVqS_auXaeM9sA5rR8zT9zOY05gjqZn_RP_MLSNFuPsixO1S8BCBCvjD1pa9LMeEwXBfUuV-Kp

Wears an ebony plated leather body suit, as seen above. The plating is tightly woven to the leather base underneath, so it is almost soundless as she moves about. The material that is seen as red in the picture is actually colored yellow for her purposes, as yellow and black are her favorite colors. The yellow does have the con of standing out in dark places, but with her skills, it won’t matter in the end. The armor was gifted to her by Dolmas, who had deemed her worthy of his mission.

With the amount of plating used, as well as it’s weight, it is considered light armor, favoring speed and light footing in trade for strength and durability.

Carries an ornate steel shortsword, enchanted with paralytic magics to subdue her prey, as well as an icy enchant, to slow her foes down, should the paralytic agent be not effective.

Skills:
    Major: Illusion, Destruction, One-Handed
    Minor: Light armor, Sneak, Speech, Alchemy

____
    History:
    Kris was born to a poor family who lived in a makeshift cabin on the outskirts of Rorikstead. However, her story was not of a young girl fighting obscurity and a broken home to rise to greatness.

No, her story is far darker, and quite depressing.

Kris was “raised” by two parents, a Nord man and a Breton woman, in that shack. They were addicts, of every poison you could imagine a group taking. They filed her under a long list of mistakes they had made, and had not even given her a name. That is, until they came up with an idea for when she became a little older.

They had her go to towns and villages, and beg for money. Not a glamorous life for a ten year old, young Kris wanted something more. She overheard a patron at the bar in Whiterun, The Bannered Mare, speaking to an assassin, or some sellsword. It wasn't important what he was, the only thing she saw was what the man was putting in the hired blade's hand.

Cold, hard septims.

After a mishap where she followed the sellsword into the crypt where his mark was, the man, unable to sway her from following him, trained her as his protege. He couldn't care for her as his own, but took her on missions with him, and split the coin so she could keep her dopehead parents happy.

Eventually, as her luck often dictated, the rogue died from a botched job, leaving the girl alone. Unwilling to let herself grieve her life away, she took up jobs, often using the rogue's name as a sort of code for how she would operate. She took up the name of the man's deceased daughter, who he hand been fond of. Krisandra.

She did this up to her eighteenth birthday.

As she came home from what was to be her final job, her parents greeted her at the door. They were far more tense than usual, showing great pride but in an off, strange way. Before she could question it, she was bound behind her back and bagged over her head, but not before seeing a bag of septims hit her father's hand. The day is still burned into her memory.

As she was carted off to wherever her drugged up parents had sold her, a masked figure, along with a group of others, raided the slaver train, killing every last slaver, as well as freeing the group of slaves they had intended to transport.

Having nowhere to go, she begged the leader of the band to take her in. The man, who had introduced himself as Dolmas Hlerayn, reluctantly agreed to add her to his potential numbers.

Now, at the age of 23, it is just the two of them, as an "unforeseen incident" caused the death of the remainder of his force. Dolmas has instructed her to come with him, as a final test of her loyalty to him, as she was to aid him in a final mission, one that would end a great deal of suffering, for both him, and the world.

Andre Marek

Now thats a character! Nice. It would interesting to see how Valen interacts with the group and how Dolmas breaks the news (or doesn't) to the rest of the group. Sorry, didn't see the second CC till now.

I think you're in Cap. Welcome to the Expedition.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Yes she is indeed! I admit, I may not have done her cc as well as I had with Dolmas, so I can redo hers should she not be up to par.

You say I'm in, but would you still like a sample of their behavior?

Andre Marek

Yes, that I would. Just a quick post detailing a usual interaction between the two/three of them. Doesn't need to be anything too long, just a conversation or an encounter.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts