OOC (18+) The Expedition

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Will do!

Here is a post showing the constant conflict between Dolmas and Valen. I can change it to post including Krisandra, if you'd rather. Just say the word!

Dolmas sat in the dark corner of his new cell, his legs folded with his hands on his knees. He straightened out his back and exhaled, trying to keep his body peaceful in his final moments. His mind was clouded, as he kept himself from killing and feeding for days. He was determined to make this work. He was determined to make this cell his tomb.

He opened his eyes to study the cell again, which had already felt the wrath of Dolmas' baser side. The walls were clawed and marked deep. Around those were the markings of a madman, Valen's handiwork, no doubt. He could see his clothes and weapons beyond his cell door, across from him in a chest. He didn't need them where he was going anyway. He took another look at the dark room around him and nodded to himself. This dismal place was fitting for a murderer.

For a monster.

His superb focus, even in the face of death, waned a little, and as a result, two figures entered his cell. But by now, Dolmas had chalked them up as hallucinations, brought on by either his hunger or his madness. But these figures were more than just that. These were the other two sides to Dolmas.

One was the embodiment of his insanity, and darkness of mind. He stood as the one who would kill, maim, or destroy the world, at the drop of a septim. This was Valen, waylayer of lives, families, and anything that Dolmas had ever loved. His form was a mirror of Dolmas himself, as they were truly one.

The other was the embodiment of violence, and blood-thirst. It him who truly loved to see little Dolmas squirm. He took the form of the wolf; of the curse set upon him by one of those Daedric bastards who promised to help with the blood-lust.

Both of them watched Dolm intently, each one waiting for the poor bastard to finally crack. But he sat solemnly, waiting for the end.

But with one noise, the figures left and Dolmas' ear twitched.

"Lise, we shouldn't have run! They needed us back there!" Dolmas' left eye twitched, and another voice rose against the first. "You saw what happened to the captain. They left him in there to die. I'm not about to let them to do that to me. Now go downstairs and make sure we're alone. I don't want to go out fighting some simple bandits."

They were going to come downstairs. No! Dolmas began to pace the floor, distraught. He could see this playing out a thousand different ways, but all ended with the death of the two upstairs. There was no way around it.

The sound of a door creaking and footsteps pounding the floor urgently woke something within Dolmas, and he began to lose control of himself. Valen was appearing.

He didn't begin to fall apart. He didn't try to shift into the beast. No. Valen was indeed crazy, but also cunning. He had a plan. And it began with the girl who was now inches away from his cell door.

A young Nord woman stepped out from the shadows, staring at the worn and hungry elf now peering back at her through the bars. A look of pity stained the poor woman's rather beautiful face, but soon, that wouldn't be the only thing.

The woman spoke to him, instead of her friend upstairs. Interesting. So she wished to die alone.

"Are you alright? Why are you locked in here?" The woman questioned innocently, her hands lightly grasping the bars. Valen began to weave a story out of nothing. A crafty trait that came naturally to him. He stepped away and looked to the ground, acting the part. "I'm not sure. I came here looking for supplies with a friend of mine. We had run out of food. Hoped there was some in here." He made a pitiful look to sell the story, and he could see the woman was starting to feel the sadness he was fabricating. "We were waylay-ed by bandits. They beat me, locked me up in here. They took my friend somewhere else but...I could hear her screaming from..." Valen clutched his face and began to cry.

The woman had heard enough. She scanned the bars thoroughly, then looked over to the chest. A key found its way into her hands and she scrambled for the door. "Don't worry, I'll get you out of there and we'll see if we can find her."

This was just too easy.

Valen nodded and waited for the door to open, then headed straight for his things. He muttered thanks when he could, trying to keep up the thankful prisoner act. "I don't think we'll find her. But thank you for at least wanting to try." He stepped away from the trunk, not sheathing his sword. The woman had turned away, to give the elf privacy. She wouldn't have time to regret it.

He stepped up behind her and clutched her to him. With one, stiff motion, he dragged his blade across her throat, slowly and painfully. He listened and felt joy as the screams pierced the air, then slowly died.

The force of the shriek awoke Dolmas from within, and he wrestled power back from Valen, but it was too late. He fell to his knees and wept. He clutched the unknown woman's body to him, and held it. He apologized over and over. To her, to her friend upstairs, to her family who were probably waiting at home. He had absolutely lost it.

Rushing footsteps came up from behind him, and a loud gasp broke the silence. He turned to see a larger nord man, his sword drawn and pointed at him. This must have been Lise. The man looked to the elf, than to his friend, who was now dead. A great roar came from him as he dropped his sword and grabbed Dolmas by the collar. He dragged him across the room and slammed him into the bars, the walls, anything with a flat surface that seemed hard enough to hurt. He paused to look the now bloodied elf in the eye. "Are you crazy, elf?!"

Magic words. Dolmas' eyes got serious, and he looked into the man before him. "You have no idea."

The elf began to shift in the man's hands, all the while undressing the best he could . The man quickly let go, out of shock as well as the disgusting feeling as he felt the elf's bones shift inside his hands. The elf grew in size, and each of his limbs grew tougher and harrier as the guard looked on in fear and disgust.

The freshly transformed elf growled, not looking at the man.

Then, without any sign or warning the wolf leaped for the man and tossed him about the room like a rag-doll, making his bones crunch against the hard cold stone with every hard push. How did he like being slammed into things? Not so fun, huh?

Finally, his hunger getting the best of him, he stopped playing with his food and cleaned up the scraps. He dragged both bodies into the cell, then began his first meal in a long time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dolmas finally got dressed and armed up. As he tied the fastens on the chest plating, he focused on what he was supposed to do next. He couldn't do the starvation thing again. He couldn't lock himself up or hide himself away, as people were to stupid to leave him be, and he was to crafty to stay locked away.

He had to leave here, though. This place marked a failure that pained Dolmas deeply. It proved that he was meant to survive any attempts to push away the "gifts" he had been given.

He felt as if he was cursed to walk nirn a tortured soul forever.

Maybe he was right.

Grabbing an apple off a table and taking a bite, he stepped out into the bright world, shielding his eyes from the sun. He played a quick game to figure out which direction to go, then began walking off toward the north. To Rorikstead.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    Well, I believe that'll work. Again, welcome to the Expedition.

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Awesome. Thanks!

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Anyone else joining this? Have you got anyone in mind, Marek?

Andre Marek

I hope a few more will join freely. I'f not I'll have to do a bit of recruiting. I'm not planning on having an especially large cast anyway, probably around 5 or 6, just for simplicities sake. The three of us could always start it off and see if the IC thread draws anyone else in. I think I'll give it at least another day though and see if anybody else is interested but if either you, or Cap have anybody in mind that you think would make a good addition then feel free to give them a shout too.

Drahkma

Dashing Imperial Officer.
    Y'know, I've been waiting for an rp like this. Expect a CC in 2-3 hours.

Wolfbane

Why change the past when you can own this day?
    Ooh, this looks nifty! I might be able to get a CC up tonight, if I'm allowed in!

Andre Marek

Aha, well throw up a CC and I'll give you a verdict. Don't forget to have a sample post as well.

Drahkma

Okay, here goes. I've decided to use two characters. Both mage-scholar types.

Name: Telvaris Ulthuan, known as Telvaris the Grey, The Stormlord, and the lone walker.

Race: Breton

Class: Former Battle-Mage, scholar

Alignment: Orderly Good

Affiliation: Mages Guild, High Rock Nobility

Allegiance: None

Appearance: Tall, 6'5", with grey hair that goes down to his shoulders, and a thick grey beard that goes down to his chest. Grey-blue eyes, very expressive. His face is lined with all the cares of his life, making him look even older than he really is. Has a star shaped burn scar on his chest, but otherwise unmarked.

Apparel: Long, ankle length dark grey robes, with a dark blue tunic, and black trousers underneath, and wears leather boots that go halfway up his shin. Obviously, this equipment offers little to no protection in close combat, so he prefers to remain out of range of enemy warriors during combat.

Weapons: Staff of Equilibrium - A staff made out of strange, blue-grey wood, very smooth, with the likeness of a beautiful woman carved at the top. Massivley increased Telvaris' magical abilities, but drains his stamina at an alarming rate. Can't use it more than once every two or three days. In addition, the staff is remarkably resistant to bladed weapons, and as hard as iron, making it an efficient close combat weapon if needed.

Spells:

Healing Hands

Magelight

Thunderbolt

Incinerate

Fireball

Telekinesis

Habits: Strokes his beard when deep in thought. Tugs on its' tip when irritated or worried.

Personality: Calm, collected, and usually in a good mood. However, he can become quite fearsome when pushed past the limits of his patience.

History: When he was a young boy, Talveris showed strong magical abilities, and joined the mages guild when he came of age. He quickly rose through the ranks mastering the fire and lightning aspects of the destruction school, and mastered Telekinesis at the age of 16, the youngest of his class to do so. Several years later, he graduated, and was recruited into an army as a battle mage.

He spent five years fighting in the wars between Nobles, and made a name for himself, using thunderbolts to destroy and demoralize enemy units. After the war, made a living as a mage for hire, searching out rare artifacts and tomes, often dueling fellow mages for them. For the better part of two decades, he wandered Tamriel, throwing himself into battles and dangerous situations, until he ended up killing a young man in a duel. Horrified at the cold way he'd utterly destroyed the boy, Talveris left the life of killing and mercenary adventures.

He retired to a lonely tower in the north of High Rock, collecting rare tomes and staffs. He came across the staff of Equilibrium on a particularly stormy night, on one of his frequent walks outside his tower. He kept the weapon, knowing of the power it could bestow upon its' wielder,and knowing the price it exacted in return. Fearing that a younger mage might kill himself overusing the staff, he kept it to himself, using it mostly as a walking staff, rather than a weapon.

For the most part, he was left in peace, except for passing mages seeking advice, wishing an item enchanted, or wanting him to translate a particularly obscure text. This was how most of his life passed, until a young man by the name of Danick Kastel, appeared, literally on his doorstep. The boy had magical potential, was orphaned, and had a lust for adventure. Having no heirs to inherit his plethora of magical objects, Telvaris took the boy in and tutored him. Upon hearing of an expedition out of Markarth in Skyrim, Telvaris has decided he might as well go on one more adventure, and perhaps add to his small collection of Akaviri lore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Danick Kastel

Race: Breton

Class: Novice Mage, young scholar.

Alignment: Orderly Good

Affiliations: None yet.

Allegiance: Telvaris Ulthuan.

Appearance: 5'6", lean, with short blonde hair, stubble on his chin and cheeks, pale green eyes, has a few scars on his arms and legs, although he's not quite sure where exactly, he got them from.

Apparel: Wears ankle length robes, the same as his teachers', but a lighter shade of grey, denoting him as the learner. Wears dark grey tunic and brown pants under his robes. Carries a backpack with Telvaris' stamina and magicka potions, along with several books.

Weapons: An steel dagger.

Spells:

Firebolt

Lightning Bolt

Healing Hands

Telekinesis (limited)

Personality: Timid, unless it comes to his teachers well-being. Very persistent, when the mood strikes him.

History: Not much is known about Danick. He arrived on Telvaris' doorsteps when he was just a young boy. He is extremely loyal to the old former battle mage, and is eager to learn. He is a quick learner, and is eager to explore abandoned ruins, caves, and basically anything that has an aura of 'mystery' around it. It was Danicks' pestering that got Telvaris to agree to leave his tower and explore the ruins near the borders of Skyrim.

_________

I know Danicks' history is short, but I will expand on his background once we get going. If I'm accepted, that is.;)

Also, I'd like to apologize for it taking so damn long! I expected to be done an hour ago, lol.

Andre Marek

Well, so far I haven't had to be too choosey. I like em. Welcome to the Expedition Drahkma.

Drahkma

Thanks, Marek. Looking forwards to this.

Andre Marek

Good to hear!

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    NAMEGarret Rendon
    AGE 28
    RACE Breton
    BIRTHPLACE Evermor, in High Rock
    ORIGIN Breton Mother, Forsworn Father
    CLASS Alchemist/Thief
    GENDER Male
    HEIGHT1.87 meeters
    WEIGHT 82 kilograms
    LATERALITY Right-handed
    SEXUALITY Heterosexual
    MARITAL STATUS Single
    HEALTHLost sight on his left eye
    AFFILIATIONS None
    AFFLICTIONS None
    RELIGION Atheist, with influence towards Nocturnal

APPEARANCEHAIR Short hair, with a short goatee.
    HAIR COLOUR Reddish-brown, bordering on crimson.
    EYE COLOUR Green
    BUILD Athletic, Fast, Somewhat strong
    SKIN White
    SCARS A quite large scar on his left eye, which dosen’t look that big by itself due to Garret’s eyepatch.
    PERSONALITYPOSITIVE TRAITS Temperate, friendly, tolerant
    NEGATIVE TRAITS Greedy, Silent
    LIKES Female company, any kind of alcohol, mixing herbs, skooma.
    DISLIKES Judgmental people, Sarcastic people, soliders
    FEARS The Thief Guild, assassins, falling from large heights.
    ASPIRATIONS To get rich, to learn every possible mix of ingredients.
    QUIRKS Sometimes he says something just for the sake of humor, even if that hurts people.
    ALIGNMENT True Neutral
    COMBAT SKILLSMASTER Lockpicking, Pickpocketing, Alchemy
    EXPERT Sneak, Light Weaponry(one handed), Archery
    ADEPT Light armor, restoration
    GEAR
    ARMOUR A greenish version of the Thieves guild armor, with steel accents on it, that comes with a cape. A dark leather eyepatch on his left eye.
    WEAPONS A dwarven sword he calls The Thief, enchanted with absorb stamina and health, An unenchanted ebony bow with ebony, steel and iron arrows, and a dagger he keeps in his right boot, to only be used in critical situation or when he tries to backstab

RELATIONSSTORMCLOAKS/EMPIRE/THALMOR [HATES]He hates all the sides that wage war and ruin the lands, without caring about the goals of any of them. From his perspective each of the said sides are trying to get power and nothing more.
    THIEVES GUILD [FEARS]Garret is afraid of the thieves guild more then anything else on the world, as he is on the guildmaster’s blacklist and will always stay there.
    COLLEGE OF WINTERHOLD [ADMIRES]Garret loves to see people take their time towards research that will benefit everyone, not just one man.
    THE DARK BROTHERHOOD [DISLIKES] Garret dosen’t like the idea of killing innocent people, and the dark brotherhood kills whoever the contract demands.

HISTORY
    Garret Rendom has a long and storied past. His mother, Felicia Rendon, was an alchemist in Markarth, earning her money from selling potions to the needy. One day, she went outside the city to gather ingredients, when she was knocked out and taken away by the forsworn. She was to be kept a slave, along with other captured Bretons, until the jarl accept the exchange for territory. Being a helpless woman, Felicia was violated by the forsworn, and her live in captivity was a living hell, but not all of the forsworn were monsters, one of them grew pity for the poor woman, and agreed to help her flee. As they made their way out of the forsworn dungeon Felicia asked for the name of her savior, “Garret” he replied. Being born in the forsworn, your last name is forgotten. They eventually got out, and proposed to cross the border to Evermor, in High Rock, as Markarth pale was too dangerous. Garret gave up his life as a forsworn, eventually falling in love with Felicia. As they reached Evermor, they began their new life there, far away from the forsworn. As time flew , Felicia was impregnated, however being an alchemist made her fairly ill, if she was to give birth, she would loose her life not a few moments afterwards. In order to prevent this, Garret called out for an old friend of his in the forsworn, which was a healer. They were to meet on the outskirts of Evermor when Felicia gave birth.
    The healer helped her, the child was born and Felicia was still alive, however their joy was about to end, a group of forsworn followed the healer, and attacked him and Garret right after the birth. In the fight the healer died, and garret managed to survive, however his wounds didn’t let him alive for more then a few hours. Felicia was alone with her new son, which she called Garret. The healer did his job, but Felicia eventually died, with her son only 10 years old. Being a child in a harsh city, Garret did whatever he could to survive, mixing herbs just like his mother thought him, selling potions ,and picking the pockets of his customers. At 17 years old he went to Markarth, were he kept doing what he knew best, there he contacted the Thief Guid, and eventually became a member. For 5 years he kept stealing, making too much gold. He got himself a place outside Riften, where, in his free time, he would mix all of the herbs he finds, as that was his true passion. Garret didn’t like the way Mercer, the guildmaster spoke. It looked like he was hiding something. Garret poured a mix into Mercer’s drink that will make him tell the truth. As Mercer was alone in his room, he drank his wine and started talking without ending. Garret just stood shocked and listened, about Gallus, the nightingales about everything. Mercer however, noticed him, and got into a fight with him, slicing his left eye apart. Garret was forced to run, as he had no way of beating someone so experienced. Since that day, Garret was a wanted man in the Thieves Guild. His house was burned down, and he was left with nothing. He visited The temples of Nocturnal and understood more and more about the backstory of The Thievs Guild.

Not being strong enough to do anything to change the guild , he kept stealing, however without a fence, money were no longer flowing that fast. 6 years passed since he left the guild and ever since he was looking for a way to get rich and to master alchemy like no one else. However luck didn’t favor him all those years, and he becomes more and more desperate. He would sieze any opportunity he finds.

Andre Marek

No problem Wolfbane.

Blackdoom, would you mind posting a sample?

Blackdoom59

BATMAN!
    Phyrior looked at Lai’Quir as she spoke, analyzing her in great detail.
    “She is truly experienced, not one of the many novices the Dark Brotherhood picked from the streets.”
    Phyrior had encountered the Dark Brotherhood only once, in the past, when he was a mage from the college. One of his colleagues ordered Phyrior’s assassination. The assassin wasn’t half as experienced as the khajiit in front of him would seem. The assassin joined the collage as a supposed mage, even if he knew nothing about magic. He tried to poison Phyrior the first time, which was unsuccessful. The second time he killed another member of the college who was suspicious, and tried to frame Phyrior, which was also unsuccessful. The third and last time he tried to kill Phyrior was directly, he approached him with haste and when he was a meter away from Phyrior, he pulled out his dagger and charged at Phyrior. Even if Phyrior has no talent in swordplay, he managed to disarm the so called “assassin” then threw a hastily-charged firebolt at him. Phyrior was, after all, half redguard, so he had some natural talent. Phyrior didn’t kill the assassin, he let him escape instead, and from then he had a disgrace towards the assassins from the dark brotherhood. He had ties with the Thieves Guild, which often tended to make him harder to reach.All those images entered his mind as he looked at the khajiit.
    Phyrior leaned foword, placing both his hands on the table.
    “I ask a simple thing for you, an assassin, to do. I want you to kill someone, here, on the ship.”
    He said calmly. Afterwards he looked down, leaving the khajiit’s eyes unwatched. He was thinking if he was truly making the right decision. He closed his eyes as he thought of the native khajiit language. He opened his eyes,then turned his sight back at the khajiit.
    “I want you…to kill the Jo’Do. It’s in both of our interests that he tags along till the end of our trip, but as soon as you see an opportunity, finish him off.”
    He stopped speaking as he took a bite from the bread.
    “This is what must be done…”
    EDIT:
    Sorry for the long wait, life is a bitch

Andre Marek

Not bad Black. A couple hiccups with past and present tense`but otherwise it was good. I would like to see a little more detail though. Describe the setting, I had no idea they were on a ship until Phyrior said so, or that he was eating. Remember, I, the reader, can only imagine what you describe to me.

Instead of just saying that Phyrior looked at Lai`Quir, you could say, Phyrior looked up from his meal at Lai`Quir, a fellow passenger aboard the ship, the Boers Eye, and carefully scrutinized the assassin.

It helps to paint a better image of the situation, rather than giving it to us piece by piece. Unless of course you want to only reveal bits and pieces at a time. However, other than that I thought it was good. Nice job describing his flashback too by the way.

So without chewing you out any further, I think I will just go ahead and say, Welcome to the Expedition!

Sid

The fairly crap Pokémon trainer....
    You still recruiting?