Xbox 360 Ysolda Failed Marriage HELP!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Ok I scheduled a marriage with Ysolda in Riften then went to Solitude to buy some nice clothes since I thought it would look nice and a little more fun to roleplay sort of.
When I fast travelled back to Riften, too much time had passed and the marriage had failed.

Is there a way to redo the marriage so I wont be late some how or is that it?
Like can you apologize or something?

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
What happens when you approach her again while wearing your amulet?

Also, does the priest make any overtures to restart nuptuals when you engage him again?

Best of luck!

JoeReese

Consider yourself lucky. I married her and now all she does is barge in on me, while I'm trying to make potions, and say "Yes my love? What do you need?" every three seconds, forevvvvverrrrr....

I've given serious thought to asking her to move to Solitude with me, and then just not going.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
Probably a silly question, as this already occurred to you, but do you have an earlier game save from your "wait till Dusk?"

I've learned the hard way to always load a save before embarking on any character altering major events.

I truly know how much it SUCKS when that save isn't there when you need it most, believe me!

You could approach her if you play on a PC, click on her and type "~ setrelationshiprank player 4", minus the quotation marks of course.

She should luv you long time after that ! :)

No i play on xbox, but i have it saved right before i fast travel and its too late
so when i get the chance ill go talk to them both to schedule it again

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Consider yourself lucky. I married her and now all she does is barge in on me, while I'm trying to make potions, and say "Yes my love? What do you need?" every three seconds, forevvvvverrrrr....
She just wants to have a conversation, bro. Healthy relationships have a lot of talking. There's more to it than "Lover's Comfort," or whatever you kids call it these days.
To put it bluntly, if you refuse to talk to her, then your relationship needs some serious help. Make dinner for her sometime. Wear that shirt she thinks you look hot in and surprise her when she comes home from the market. Give her a foot rub and massage without her asking. Take her to the first place you met and try to recapture what made you two fall in love in the first place.

You could approach her if you play on a PC, click on her and type "~ setrelationshiprank player 4", minus the quotation marks of course.

She should luv you long time after that ! :)
...totally going to try that in real life. :D

JoeReese

She just wants to have a conversation, bro. Healthy relationships have a lot of talking. There's more to it than "Lover's Comfort," or whatever you kids call it these days.
To put it bluntly, if you refuse to talk to her, then your relationship needs some serious help. Make dinner for her sometime. Wear that shirt she thinks you look hot in and surprise her when she comes home from the market. Give her a foot rub and massage without her asking. Take her to the first place you met and try to recapture what made you two fall in love in the first place.

...totally going to try that in real life. :D

That shirt she thinks I look hot in is ebony armor, and that's most likely because it has a full helm. :/

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
That shirt she thinks I look hot in is ebony armor, and that's most likely because it has a full helm. :/
Okay, I have to ask you straight out-
Why did you two get married? Did you have a one night stand and her father chased you to the altar with a shotgun?

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
You should be able to go to her, and an option to apologize should be available. Most of the time, they will accept your apology and this will re-initiate the marriage "quest" and you can try again.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
For me, I was like two hours late or something like that (I can't remember which character it was, i think it was Zarahji) because he wanted to be fashonable. I talked to the priest then I talked to... Man who was it, its the one who's in a love triangle with Faendal and Sven. YEA that chick. Marrying a Khajiit. It actually does work out more than you can imagine by the way. ANYWAY, I talked to her then we tried it again.

Talk to the priest first (I went through the whole dialogue just in case) then I talked to her and went through all the dialogue options as well and went straight to Riften. I also played on Xbox360. For some people it works, others it doesn't. So far I'm one of the lucky ones that have few problems with the game. Blood on the Ice quest is forever bugged about 70% of playthroughs. Thats the only huge problem I have. That and lag.

I wish you and your 'reattempt' at marrying the love of your characters life... uh.... Good luck! Yes! :)