• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Well, I have all 3 DLCs now, but have only downloaded Hearthfire. Had a great time this weekend setting up my 3 homes, getting married (again) and adopting some kids.

Now I need to upload Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

I want to upload Dragonborn so I can make weapons out of my many hundreds of dragon bones and scales, but, then again, I want to upload Dawnguard 'cause I just love kicking some vampire butt.

But you guys have scared me in to hesitating! Thanks alot! :)

Maybe I should just download them anyhow and deal with the consequences or maybe I should wait until I'm done with the TG and Main quest before I do.

Any opinions?

Nighthiker77

Dragonbone weapons are in dawnguard, and the only thing I've seen from dragonborn in Skyrim is the 3 cultists. Id get it all installed and have fun with it.

Daelon DuLac

I'm just kidding of course. I just wanted to get my house set up and my speech all the way to 100 before I proceeded. Then Dawnguard - here I come! A few cultists? Oh please. If I can take on 40 bandits or 1/2 a dozen drauger death lords, I think I can handle a few cultists. Hmm... I wonder how my wife Ysolda would react to my being a vamp? Hmm...

Daucus

download one dlc play for a bit and than download the 2nd.

If you download both dlc together you will end up in a mob fight of 6+ people (depending on where you are located and wether or not you hit a gaurd during that attack)

Renny

The Cole Train, Baby.
I remember those Cultists, it was so clear! The attack in Windhelm!
Oh well though. Their stuff was nice at least.

Perkless in Skyrim

Bad to the Dragonbone.
If you're familiar with the Hall of the Vigilant then a side effect of Dawnguard is it's destruction at the hands of vampires. I wasn't happy about that, because you lose an expert trainer of Restoration: Keeper Carcette. Overall though, I like the expansion and I'm sure you've read about Serana.

I believe they're all worth having and I'm glad I bought them.

Daelon DuLac

If you're familiar with the Hall of the Vigilant then a side effect of Dawnguard is it's destruction at the hands of vampires. I wasn't happy about that, because you lose an expert trainer of Restoration: Keeper Carcette. Overall though, I like the expansion and I'm sure you've read about Serana.

I believe they're all worth having and I'm glad I bought them.
No loss re Vigilant - no idea. Yup - of course I've heard of her!

Renny

The Cole Train, Baby.
Serana is awesome, but she can be a bit.. Boring from time to time. If you're on PC though, you can get a mod to marry her. </3

Daelon DuLac

Serana is awesome, but she can be a bit.. Boring from time to time. If you're on PC though, you can get a mod to marry her. </3
From everything I've heard, I really don't want anything to do with her. I realize that she is a required for a certain quest, but I have no desire to have her or anyone else as a follower if I can avoid it.

Renny

The Cole Train, Baby.
Yes, she is easily avoidable as a companion. If that's your course of action to ignore her if possible, go ahead. However, she can be useful as a pack mule.

Daelon DuLac

Yes, she is easily avoidable as a companion. If that's your course of action to ignore her if possible, go ahead. However, she can be useful as a pack mule.
A noisy, violent, complaining packmule, but a packmule none-the-less, eh? Somehow I don't think my Ysolda will approve. Of course, I just know as soon as I upload one of the DLCs then my wife and children will become victims, but, hey, they may end up that way anyhow as rarely as I get home, so, what the hey!

Renny

The Cole Train, Baby.
Indeed, because woman's main use on this planet is simply to make food and cook! (Duh.. :p)Ysolda needs to be put in her place by giving her a good jealousy slap to the face by having Serana complain at you lovingly!

Nighthiker77

I like Mjoll, serana, and Vilja, because they have a lot more different lines than everyone else. Serana whines a lot and leaves ash piles everywhere that never go away though. If you could switch her from necromancy to atromancy, she would be a lot more desirable to me. I just end up mowing down her undead because they look the same. That is another cool use of mod armor. If you give your follower distinct armor from a mod, it is easier to avoid friendly fire.

Daucus

Serana disappeared on me, with my 50+ enchanted daggers.

I must have pissed her off...

when I made a daddy issues joke to her

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Anyone seen Fullmetal Alchemist? Serana is voiced by the same lady who does the voice for Lust in the dubbed version. My boyfriend noticed that last weekend, and ever since he did, I have gone from being merely annoyed with her to wanting to slap the dog plops outta her.

Of course, that opinion is likely fueled by my current state of extreme boredom. :p

Sent when I should probably be working instead...

Renny

The Cole Train, Baby.
I have seen Fullmetal Alchemist. Never knew that though, thanks for that little tidbit of info.

Daelon DuLac

Anyone seen Fullmetal Alchemist? Serana is voiced by the same lady who does the voice for Lust in the dubbed version. My boyfriend noticed that last weekend, and ever since he did, I have gone from being merely annoyed with her to wanting to slap the dog pl*** outta her.

Of course, that opinion is likely fueled by my current state of extreme boredom. :p

Sent when I should probably be working instead...
I luv Full Metal! Used to watch it every Sat night. Really - lust? Well, maybe Serena won't be so bad. I always liked lust's voice (plus it got on my other 1/2s nerves, so that's a plus). :)

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
I'm just kidding of course. I just wanted to get my house set up and my speech all the way to 100 before I proceeded. Then Dawnguard - here I come! A few cultists? Oh please. If I can take on 40 bandits or 1/2 a dozen drauger death lords, I think I can handle a few cultists. Hmm... I wonder how my wife Ysolda would react to my being a vamp? Hmm...

Women love to kiss in their neck .... she will love you ... lol ... ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts