You're All Time Favorite Moment

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Parker

Hey guys! I was just wondering what some of your ALL TIME favorite moments in this game were. It could be funny, adventurous, breath-taking, or have a great sense of immersion.

For me [Mind you, this will be a major spoiler if you don't want to know anything about the side quests in this game so uh SPOILER I guess?] I'd have to say it would be my more than silly adventure with Uncle Sanguine. Basically I went up to a guy in the Bannered Mare by the name of Sam, and we had a drinking contest for a staff. I black out due to this brew being apparently special, and wake up all the way over in Markareth, having apparently ruined a temple, and been talking about a staff and a goat. Along my adventures I found out that I had sold a goat to a giant, proposed to a woman and then told her I had a fiancee, WHICH I gave the ring that this woman had gave me, go to the fiancee turns out it's some ugly old harpy, get attacked by a dragon while trying to kill her and steal back the ring, go to a castle full of mages where I apparently wanted my wedding to be held, went through a portal to some serene land to finally find SAM! Turns out he's apparently a daedra lord and he was just in this for fun.

Yup.

And oh god I just realize I failed at the Your* in the title. oh god kill me. OH GOD I DON'T WANT TO BE ELEVEN AGAIN

Hey guys! I was just wondering what some of your ALL TIME favorite moments in this game were. It could be funny, adventurous, breath-taking, or have a great sense of immersion.

For me [Mind you, this will be a major spoiler if you don't want to know anything about the side quests in this game so uh SPOILER I guess?] I'd have to say it would be my more than silly adventure with Uncle Sanguine. Basically I went up to a guy in the Bannered Mare by the name of Sam, and we had a drinking contest for a staff. I black out due to this brew being apparently special, and wake up all the way over in Markareth, having apparently ruined a temple, and been talking about a staff and a goat. Along my adventures I found out that I had sold a goat to a giant, proposed to a woman and then told her I had a fiancee, WHICH I gave the ring that this woman had gave me, go to the fiancee turns out it's some ugly old harpy, get attacked by a dragon while trying to kill her and steal back the ring, go to a castle full of mages where I apparently wanted my wedding to be held, went through a portal to some serene land to finally find SAM! Turns out he's apparently a daedra lord and he was just in this for fun.

Yup.

And oh god I just realize I failed at the Your* in the title. oh god kill me. OH GOD I DON'T WANT TO BE ELEVEN AGAIN

I've heard about this quest from other threads and it sounds awesome. Do you remember how you initiated the quest? I swear I've talked to everyone in the Bannered Mare several times (not sure if anyone was names Sam) and I've never had the quest initiated.

My most memorable moment was my first time on any coast (I was north of Winterhold) and of course it was the middle of Frostfall, extreme blizzard occurring, and I'm exploring...probably not smart. Side note here, my wife is not a gamer, but she actually enjoys watching me play and she happened to be watching me play during this current travel. Anyways, I forget what I was looking for, maybe a shipwreck, but I'm just getting to the coast and BAM horker staring me in the face 2 feet away! You can't see the damn things in the middle of a blizzard until you are literally on top of them. I think by the time I finally arrived at my destination my wife and I had jumped 3 or 4 times (maybe screamed too) because those damn things were blended in so well with the extreme snow falling. This probably doesn't sound that bad, but man, we both about pl*** our pants every single time those dumb freakin things were in my face!

Parker

I've heard about this quest from other threads and it sounds awesome. Do you remember how you initiated the quest? I swear I've talked to everyone in the Bannered Mare several times (not sure if anyone was names Sam) and I've never had the quest initiated.

Aaah that would be because I got EXTREMELY lucky. Apparently Sam will appear randomly at inns and bars around Skyrim.

And by the way, your adventure sounds absolutely terrifying. Like an episode of Amnesia lol

fizicsz

A Helluva Gamer
I don't have one yet. However, I love getting attacked by a mob of bandits and either A. Spam FireBall at my feet to get away, or B. Run them past a couple traps and watch them get slaughtered. I'm only a level 26 Altmer. :[

Yup.

This sounds like Hangover: Skyrim LOL.

Aaah that would be because I got EXTREMELY lucky. Apparently Sam will appear randomly at inns and bars around Skyrim.

And by the way, your adventure sounds absolutely terrifying. Like an episode of Amnesia lol

That explains it! Everyone that talks about it says they got it at the Bannered Mare and I was really confused and just thought I was an idiot! Glad to know it's random! I guess I'll have to spend more time at the bars!!! Let's just hope my Nord doesn't develop a beer gut!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts