• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Illusive Man

The Founder of Cerberus
Another moment, I think it was when a Frost Dragon was swooping toward me, I shouted out Dragon Rend, which made it crash. Then the villagers in Riverwood came and helped. It was pretty entertaining to see them get eaten by him.

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
My most recent 'Wow' moment was yesterday, I was at a old woman's cottage just across the river and up the road from Riverwood. She said "I'm just a old woman, no need to bother with me." I didn't take any notice to the concern that should have been had by me with that one sentence. I proceeded to sneak into her basement to find she is a witch that is starting a coven, and has a few human hearts in her basement. When I emerged from the basement, she said "No one will know my secret!" and attacked me. Then I owned her with a ax and went on my way. I just love the extra things in this game. They make me go "Wow!"

Daedric Death Master

Cape Town, South Africa Daedric Nord level 46
my wow moment was when i fought my 3rd fire dragon, i had managed to deploy a substantial amount of iron arrows at it upon which its power dropped and landed infront of me. I then proceeded to equip my meager steel battle axe andswung miserably at it.

to my suprise the kill cam, and kill sequence kicked in and the character jumped ontop of the head of the dragon and swung the axe into its head.

i was like whoa
theres something you dont see everyday.

mellojoe

Killed a Frost Dragon before work, today. :cool:

And I've been bragging about it all day. To anybody who will listen, regardless of whether they have any idea of what I'm talking about or not. I popped on to the PC early this AM to see if the College and any more soul gems sitting around. They didn't. I popped back outside about to save and quit for the day, when I see a red dot in my compass.

My thought process: "Bandits? In the colleg---- on no!" Yep, I look up and there's a dragon coming in for landing. I got my fire resistant shield up (only like 12%, tho :sadface:) and got ready for the initial blast. But it wasn't fire. It was FROST! What is this? A FROST DRAGON? Oh dear lords....

I went to battle with my first Frost Dragon and won. Dumped a whatever poison I had on hand on the Ebony Sword, Faerngal shot a handful of arrows when he could, and I went to town. I even got the kill scene where I jumped on the beasts head and shoved my sword through its skull. Loved it.

I've been amped up all day. From a game. From a game that I really didn't think I'd like anyway. The fact that I feel a sense of victory from a video game is a total "WOW" moment for me.

durza1423

Had one the other day when i was in dawnstar getting chased by every guard in the city.
Went up the little rock hill and was shooting arrows at them when i noticed they were all gone. So i went looking and found a dead snow troll covered in arrows with more arrows around it surrounded by seven of the dead guards.

Another one was being attacked by my first blood dragon in the middle of windhelm. Looked up and it was just staring at me from a roof. Nearly crapped myself and said holy hell he big dragon. First post btw so hello

Dylansauce02

Slaying Trolls and taking names.
The First time I saw this was a very wow moment.

dc50kl.jpg

That moon is SO beautiful.

Dalrak

Yesterday a new WoW! moment accured, after my usual hunting hour i enter this random cave, after clearing some draugr i find a troll skull on a shelf, so i use the grab option (hold X) and notice its jaw moves seperatly from the skull, so i spend 25 minutes using the skull as my troll muppet telling me how awesome i was.

Serebro Moniker

He who moves it moves it
Also, the first time my companion made a comment on the environment (in this case Blackreach) I was amazed at the level of detail and personality that had been put into these characters.

stagnant94

leading a giant and two mammoths into a bandit camp

The Illusive Man

The Founder of Cerberus
A farmer in whiterun had done an execution to a Blood Dragon... with an Iron Dagger.

Whitty

my wow (or whoa wtf moment) is when i came out of the tavern in winterhold after speaking to enthir for the thieves guild quest and i noticed a guy at the entrance of the college summoning a flame atrionach, i thought aww crap have i done something wrong, i'll have to reload, but i noticed they were shooting above me, i turned round, looked up and low and behold there was a dragon on the roof spitting icy doom on everyone! So feeling quite cocky in my full set of daedric armour i let loose a few daedric arrows on its ass (with my daedric bow, all of which i crafted myself), 1 more dragon soul for me, shame u cant craft arrows bethesda (thumbs up on gamescraftmanship btw)

Whitty

Killed a Frost Dragon before work, today. :cool:

And I've been bragging about it all day. To anybody who will listen, regardless of whether they have any idea of what I'm talking about or not. I popped on to the PC early this AM to see if the College and any more soul gems sitting around. They didn't. I popped back outside about to save and quit for the day, when I see a red dot in my compass.

My thought process: "Bandits? In the colleg---- on no!" Yep, I look up and there's a dragon coming in for landing. I got my fire resistant shield up (only like 12%, tho :sadface:) and got ready for the initial blast. But it wasn't fire. It was FROST! What is this? A FROST DRAGON? Oh dear lords....

I went to battle with my first Frost Dragon and won. Dumped a whatever poison I had on hand on the Ebony Sword, Faerngal shot a handful of arrows when he could, and I went to town. I even got the kill scene where I jumped on the beasts head and shoved my sword through its skull. Loved it.

I've been amped up all day. From a game. From a game that I really didn't think I'd like anyway. The fact that I feel a sense of victory from a video game is a total "WOW" moment for me.

I am so jealous, I WANT A KILLSCENE lol, readb so much about them and seen them on youtube (no advertising intended) but can never do one, i've tried power slashes in every direction but to no avail, man i'm gutted, one of these days i'll get one :)

squallfie66

My first wow moment was up in Winterhold doing the quest to kill the Ice Wraith for the Stormcloaks. I had never seen scenery like it in a game, it just looked so spectacular and the sense of immersion was amazing. I really felt that my character was totally alone on the ice, there was no one else around for miles, its hard to explain, although I suppose most people here would understand, the feeling that Skyrim is a place and not just a background feature to the action. Then it started snowing and I was just blown away, all the sound effects fitted in perfectly with the location, as did the music. That is when I first started to believe all the hype that Skyrim itself was something special.

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
My wow moment was when i hoped on my horse and rode to the stormcloack camp and then as soon i got off he went flying a hundred miles away... i was like No!!! what they hell are you doing? 1500 gold coins gone in a single secound, thats how much the horse was worth anyways. but it was funny to see him fly

aceofhearts

i was storming whiterun(stormcloak quest) and decided to call odahving in and it was pretty amazing to watch him lay waste to the entire town.

Wolfchant

my "wow" moment......

i snuck up and sucessfully achieved a sneak attack bonus on a guy in a group of several bandits standing next to a fire................from in front of them........i couldn't decide whether or not to question their vision, or wonder how that's even possible

When I got into my first character and saw how awesome the game was at the beginning

omac0101

Would you share your little "wow" or "omg really?" or "holy crud that was cool" moments with the rest of us? All those tiny things that go into making this a supremely amazing and deep game.

I had one just recently, something small that knocked my socks off. I was getting into a carriage, and the driver, as part of idle chat, appropriately referenced the weather. An NPC. Noticed the weather. And mentioned it. DUDE.

I know, dumb nothing, but things like that are startling and incredible because of the depth they add to the game.

How 'bout you?
I just used the fortify restoration glitch and made a stupid high powered bow. I went to test it on what else, a dragon. The dragon took off in the air. I carefully aimed my bow as the dragon circled and then headed straight for me. I let the arrow fly and hit the dragon dead on. The dragon lands in a sliding motion and stops about 10 feet in front of me, disintergrating. Dead. One shot an elder dragon on master. pretty sweet.